Bill Cosby Hatin On 2Pac

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bearfan » March 10th, 2007, 7:44 pm

How is Bill Cosby a great role model? He made his money off of making sambo/coonish facial expressions, and slanging Jello. Payin women off makes him such a role model. He should apologize to the women who he wronged, and start owning up to his own mistakes, before he blasts on others. Everybody have things they're not proud of, but when you talk the shit about black people that he talks, you have to walk the walk and lead by example. Everybody thinks there shit don't stink. :wink:

Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bearfan » March 10th, 2007, 7:48 pm

I don't condone Dealing either, but Bill Coonsby can't talk about nobody until he admit to the foul stuff he did.

Hell
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hell » March 10th, 2007, 8:14 pm

Bearfan wrote:I don't condone Dealing either, but Bill Coonsby can't talk about nobody until he admit to the foul stuff he did.
^ Atleast somebody here agrees with me on the same terms.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » March 10th, 2007, 9:38 pm

At no point in any of my posts did you see me say, "Y'all need to listen to what Bill Cosby said". I don't gauge what is right or wrong, but what some other man says, billionaire or not. I think for myself.

Cosby is a hypocrite in many senses of the word, but in this intance, you got to look past the messenger and on to the message. Just like people can't say, "Pac was a thug, don't pay him no mind". You do that, and you miss the valuable message that he was spittin' in many of his verses.

None of us are perfect. I'm just saying that we know right from wrong. And no matter how the dress up drug dealing, gang-bangin' or whatever, in most cases it has very little to do with the struggle of black men. It does more to keep you down, than to get you out of any struggle.

Hell
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hell » March 10th, 2007, 9:57 pm

Cosby just love talking bad about his own race,i know nobody in this damn well is perfect off rip ya dig but everything been a struggle for our race for many decades now but it's all a-maf tho.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » March 10th, 2007, 10:32 pm

Hell wrote:Cosby just love talking bad about his own race,i know nobody in this damn well is perfect off rip ya dig but everything been a struggle for our race for many decades now but it's all a-maf tho.
Somebody need to call a press conference about date rape, or having kids outside of your marriage, and then put HIS ASS on blast. That's all. What he gon' do, get mad??? He can't say they're lyin'.

I'm not trippin' on Cosby. I think some people are so pissed off at him that they not addressing the real issue, which is hustlers and gang-bangers wind up in jail or dead for the most part.

And you're right, hustlin' been going on for centuries. White man hustled a whole damn country out from under the Native Americans. Then they fixed the rules so that any real hustlin' after that leads to jail. The Kennedy's was bootleggers, made their dough and got out. The Bush family, made untold millions funding WWII, then looted the savings and loan. Bronfman family, one of the richest families in Canada, made bootlegging cash, then they went legit.

Black hustlers by cars, cribs, diamonds, furs and go to Vegas for big fights. Then they wonder how the Feds know they doin' something slick.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by LcBwC » March 10th, 2007, 10:57 pm

Im not saying Cosby is a saint, or he is the great voice for black people. All Im saying is his message is true! Point blank. Hes speaking the truth and any educated person would give thought to what he is saying. Fuc who he is and what he has done personally, we all do dirt...its the message at the end of the day.

Hell
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hell » March 10th, 2007, 11:03 pm

^ Well his message suck.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » March 10th, 2007, 11:09 pm

Hell wrote:^ Well his message suck.
I'm waiting for you to give an example of how hustlin' benefits black people as a whole. That's what this started off bring about, right?

I'm not talking about people who made money. We all know dudes who made money in the streets. Show me somebody who made money, made a difference in the community, stayed out of jail, and the Feds ain't on their ass.

Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bearfan » March 10th, 2007, 11:11 pm

Pac said in a song why do we hate our women. Bill Cosby distances himself from Black people in his interviews by saying "those/these people". Everytime Pac critiqued Black America he'd say WE, not that Boogie "those/these people". I don't care what anybody says, Cosby doesn't uplift in his interviews/statements, you never feel like things may change for the better listening to him. I'm waiting on him to say " I wish I was white". He's not qualified to bash Black people the way he does without denouncing his past transgressions. Every time I watch a interview of his, he looks so disgusted at Black people you'd think he'd never do Jello Sambo commercials, or molest women. The only reason he's on TV now is because the white media loves when a black person talks about Black people so negatively. Professor Michael Eric Dyson wrote a book called "Is Bill Cosby Right?: Or Has The Black Middle Class Lost its Minds?" It's a great book that speaks on the Afristocracy of the Black community.Peace

Hell
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hell » March 10th, 2007, 11:22 pm

creativemind wrote:
I'm waiting for you to give an example of how hustlin' benefits black people as a whole. That's what this started off bring about, right?

I'm not talking about people who made money. We all know dudes who made money in the streets. Show me somebody who made money, made a difference in the community, stayed out of jail, and the Feds ain't on their ass.
Hutlin-Making that cash putting food on the table for their families,help paying the bills,get fitted for big events and also putting 20z,24z or even 30z on their cars.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » March 10th, 2007, 11:33 pm

Hell wrote:
creativemind wrote:

Hutlin-Making that cash putting food on the table for their families,help paying the bills,get fitted for big events and also putting 20z,24z or even 30z on their cars.
I know what hustlin' is. What I'm asking is how does it benefit the black community. I know it can put money in some people's pockets in the short run. I'm talking about over the long haul.

Do you know anybody who made their dough, and is good right now?

And put shit on cars don't mean nothin' at the end of the day. Like I said, white folks get entire countries out from under people. Do you think there's any real difference between a gang turf war, and what is going on in the Iraq right now? THe US just went in, offed Saddam and took the fuck over!!! Now they get oil from Iraq, opium from Afghanistan and it was all on big power move. That's REAL hustlin. Putting rims on a car ain't shit.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » March 10th, 2007, 11:49 pm

^^^Truth. I think one of the main problems with our community today is that we look for the short term status, instead of putting ourselves in a position to be somewhere for the long term. Dudes think rims, clothes, jewelry, cars and money for that time is doing something. When all that ish depreciates from the moment its purchased. Where as you have other races that are about investing in homes, stocks, bonds, ira roth accounts. That gives them the power, the advantage! So when Cosby makes the statements that he makes, this is where my mind goes. Fuc the disrespect to 2pac and whomever else. Its about how I can better myself and those around me in the hopes to better my people. So people like Cosby cant make the statements that he does.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » March 11th, 2007, 12:01 am

Look at the REAL drug game.

Brothers by from their connect, sell that shit in the street. *MAKE MONEY* Spend the money as fast as they make it. *MONEY GONE*

1) White folks, get it into the country, sell it to brothers. *MAKE MONEY*
2) White arms dealers and gun stores sell guns to drug dealers to protect their turf. *MAKE MONEY*
3) White cops do overtime when they're setting up a sting operation. *MAKE MONEY*
4) White lawyers pretend to defend drug dealers in the court system. *MAKE MONEY*
5) White-owned private institutions open prisons and the gov't pays them to keep your black ass in a cell for the next 20 years *MAKE MONEY*
5) White rehabs house crack heads that go through rehab 3,4,5 times. *MAKE MONEY*
7) White funeral homes (and sometimes black) biggest business comes from burying young black men caught up in the drug wars. *MAKE MONEY*
8) Cemetaries sell plots to bury black men at far too young and age. *MAKE MONEY*

WHO'S REALLY HUSTLIN'??? :shock:

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » March 11th, 2007, 12:03 am

creativemind wrote:Look at the REAL drug game.

Brothers by from their connect, sell that shit in the street. *MAKE MONEY* Spend the money as fast as they make it. *MONEY GONE*

2) White arms dealers and gun stores sell guns to drug dealers to protect their turf. *MAKE MONEY*
3) White cops do overtime when they're setting up a sting operation. *MAKE MONEY*
4) White lawyers pretend to defend drug dealers in the court system. *MAKE MONEY*
5) White-owned private institutions open prisons and the gov't pays them to keep your black ass in a cell for the next 20 years *MAKE MONEY*
5) White rehabs house crack heads that go through rehab 3,4,5 times. *MAKE MONEY*
7) White funeral homes (and sometimes black) biggest business comes from burying young black men caught up in the drug wars. *MAKE MONEY*
8) Cemetaries sell plots to bury black men at far too young and age. *MAKE MONEY*

And for the record, that little smiley face with the shades was a mistake. Ain't shit funny about our brothers gettin' buried.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » March 11th, 2007, 12:15 am

Point blank, we need to step up as a whole and get out business?hustle together. Hustle some ish that can continue to make profits and stop this short term, small ass thinking.

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » March 11th, 2007, 12:50 am

Wise words being spoken my beloved..PEACE!

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » March 11th, 2007, 12:54 am

ManifestTruth wrote:

Wise words being spoken my beloved..PEACE!
Like Denzel said, the REAL GAME is "chess, not checkers".

Trav
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: the Bottom

Unread post by Trav » March 11th, 2007, 6:37 am

A Ghost wrote:
ManifestTruth wrote:
youngwun wrote:Cosby is telling it how it is. Glad he not okaying Pac's past actions because he a brother. That's the first step imo... too many niggaz okaying others actions because they black/don't know betta.
I'm glad Bill Cosby is speaking up although I dont really like what he
is saying about our fallen comrade, Tupac Shakur. Does anyone else see
the irony?? He's flanked in the photo by Lance Furtado, a Queens brother
who has quite a history, if yall know what I mean..
The guy on the left with the G Unit shirt?

We all know how commited to the inner city G Unit is.... :lol: :roll:
Thats not G-Unit its Gino Green.

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » March 11th, 2007, 9:15 am

Anyways, Pac did Pac, fuck all that shit. same shit goes on in poor mexican neighborhoods. how come aint no mexican muhfuckers talkin bout oh we gotta do this we gotta that role model sh*t mexican leader shit. shit been goin on before gangsta rap. yall basically buying into the belief that blacks are the most ignorant race. muhfuckers need niggaz to hold their hand n shit. Its all just a mind fuck. talkin bout aint no opportunites n shit. you drive 10 minutes west from inglewood and u in fuckin santa monica. this is america. aint like u livin in africa n shit. stay in school choose your friends carefully and if u got to then shit stay in your house. theres public transportation. if you wanna job you can find a job. muhfuckers act like they stuck in the hood n shit. but if your parents are fucked up then chances are your gonna be fucked up too.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » March 11th, 2007, 9:59 am

myDick in your mouth wrote:Anyways, Pac did Pac, fu-- all that shit. same shit goes on in poor mexican neighborhoods. how come aint no mexican muhfuckers talkin bout oh we gotta do this we gotta that role model sh*t mexican leader shit. shit been goin on before gangsta rap. yall basically buying into the belief that blacks are the most ignorant race. muhfuckers need niggaz to hold their hand n shit. Its all just a mind fu--. talkin bout aint no opportunites n shit. you drive 10 minutes west from inglewood and u in fuckin santa monica. this is america. aint like u livin in africa n shit. stay in school choose your friends carefully and if u got to then shit stay in your house. theres public transportation. if you wanna job you can find a job. muhfuckers act like they stuck in the hood n shit. but if your parents are #%@& up then chances are your gonna be #%@& up too.
I hear exactly what you're sayin', young brutha. But the key thing you said was "This is America". That not only means opportunity, but it's deeper than that. America was made BY Whites, FOR Whites. (Although they exploited everybody they could to get the job done)

You hustlin', sellin' weed, dope, whatever, ain't the same as some young white boy hustlin'. Let them catch you, and they just glad to get yo ass off the street. You a potential threat. A young white boy, they see him and think, he's just misguided and in need of help.

I couldn't tell you how many white kids I knew who was doing' ALL KINDS OF SHIT!!! Sellin' drugs, stealin', credit card scams, whatever. Some of them even went to youth camps for the shit they was doing. But when they reach a certain age, their parent make get a haircut, put on a suit, and they fit right in walkin' in them downtown offices.

One of my boys used to hang out with the white kids that went to the college near where we grew up. We all played ball in the gym, but he used to smoke weed with 'em, drink with 'em, all that shit. This one night they had a party, and a few of 'em fucked some white girls that they all knew. When word got out, HE got blamed for rape, because they white girls ain't want their parents knowing what really happened.

All them white boys graduated like nothing happened. My boy went to jail for 15 years and is on the Megan's Law List right now. He's MARKED FOR LIFE for doing them same damn thing all the white boys was doing.

You right though, find a job, but NEVER FORGET you're a black man in America. If you don't remember, trust me, they'll remind your ass whenever they get the chance to.

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » March 11th, 2007, 10:28 am

PAC ASKS WHY WE BEAT/HATE OUR WOMEN, YET WASN'T NIGGA CONVITED OF RAPE/SODOMY? GIVE ME A BREAK.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » March 11th, 2007, 10:48 am

creativemind wrote:
myDick in your mouth wrote:Anyways, Pac did Pac, fu-- all that shit. same shit goes on in poor mexican neighborhoods. how come aint no mexican muhfuckers talkin bout oh we gotta do this we gotta that role model sh*t mexican leader shit. shit been goin on before gangsta rap. yall basically buying into the belief that blacks are the most ignorant race. muhfuckers need niggaz to hold their hand n shit. Its all just a mind fu--. talkin bout aint no opportunites n shit. you drive 10 minutes west from inglewood and u in fuckin santa monica. this is america. aint like u livin in africa n shit. stay in school choose your friends carefully and if u got to then shit stay in your house. theres public transportation. if you wanna job you can find a job. muhfuckers act like they stuck in the hood n shit. but if your parents are #%@& up then chances are your gonna be #%@& up too.
You right though, find a job, but NEVER FORGET you're a black man in America. If you don't remember, trust me, they'll remind your ass whenever they get the chance to.
I dont know why there arent any mexican or for that matter any other minorities standing up and trying to bring their people together. They need too. Thats the only way they will ever make progress in this America. I dont think anyone needs their hand to be held overall. Just the knowledge and the opportunity.

Cmindz is right, EVERY CHANCE THEY GET THEY WILL REMIND YOU!

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » March 11th, 2007, 10:51 am

youngwun wrote:PAC ASKS WHY WE BEAT/HATE OUR WOMEN, YET WASN'T NIGGA CONVITED OF RAPE/SODOMY? GIVE ME A BREAK.
This is the reason why we say that dudes arent perfect. His past makes you look at his message, but for me I can give the dude respect for what he was trying to put out there and promote.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » March 11th, 2007, 11:14 am

I cant believe some of the responses in here. When time permits, I gots to add my opinion to some of the blatant hypocrasy being said in here...One thing though, it's good to see a thread about a Black cause being discussed by only Black folk. At least I think most of you are Black who have posted in this thread..But I'm sure now the other folk will come in with the bs...I'll try to add my input another time...

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » March 11th, 2007, 11:17 am

'X' wrote:I cant believe some of the responses in here. When time permits, I gots to add my opinion to some of the blatant hypocrasy being said in here...One thing though, it's good to see a thread about a Black cause being discussed by only Black folk. At least I think most of you are Black who have posted in this thread..But I'm sure now the other folk will come in with the bs...I'll try to add my input another time...
Looking forward to it, Brutha.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » March 11th, 2007, 11:31 am

LcBwC wrote:
youngwun wrote:PAC ASKS WHY WE BEAT/HATE OUR WOMEN, YET WASN'T NIGGA CONVITED OF RAPE/SODOMY? GIVE ME A BREAK.
This is the reason why we say that dudes arent perfect. His past makes you look at his message, but for me I can give the dude respect for what he was trying to put out there and promote.
Pac got the message from his mom. But he got another message from the streets. So he knew what was right, but he still wanted to fit into the street shit that was around him.

Like I said before, a lot of times the MEDIA (white folks) dictate whats cool, because they control the media outlets (music, TV, movies). In the late 80's-90's, there were more positive black images being presented. Spike Lee movies, A Different World, etc... had young black kids getting into the black college experience. People was actually reading 'The Autobigraphy of Malcolm X', listening to Public Enemy's message. They were in the streets taking a stand against the corruption in the LAPD and NYPD.

Shit was getting real, so the media started switchin' up the message that the allowed to get through. Chuck D has sold MILLIONS of records. Why can't he get a fuckin' record deal now??? But the put Flava Flav ON TV to act a fool and disrepect black women???

The message has changed to selling drugs (The Wire), prison ain't that bad (OZ), women are objects (every video you can think of), promoting all that gay shit every chance they get. Unfortunately, we as a people see something on TV, movies or hear it in records and we think it's cool.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » March 11th, 2007, 12:07 pm

trav wrote:
A Ghost wrote:
ManifestTruth wrote:
youngwun wrote:Cosby is telling it how it is. Glad he not okaying Pac's past actions because he a brother. That's the first step imo... too many niggaz okaying others actions because they black/don't know betta.
I'm glad Bill Cosby is speaking up although I dont really like what he
is saying about our fallen comrade, Tupac Shakur. Does anyone else see
the irony?? He's flanked in the photo by Lance Furtado, a Queens brother
who has quite a history, if yall know what I mean..
The guy on the left with the G Unit shirt?

We all know how commited to the inner city G Unit is.... :lol: :roll:
The man on Cosby's left is Lance Feurtado. In case y'all didn't know, most of the "ghetto stars" that 50 raps about from Jamaica, Queens, Lance was THEIR CONNECT!!! He was one of the biggest dealers in NYC period.

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:vBh ... cd=4&gl=us

CHeck out the DVD 'King of Kings'. That's his shit.

Thats not G-Unit its Gino Green.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 11th, 2007, 12:17 pm

Hell wrote:^ That's how our race survive and hustle by selling drugs ya feel me my brotha we can't tell them to stop just let them do our thang bro,theirs nothing we can't do to stop them tho.
Hell naw, I don't feel ya

what kind of mental stagnation is this?
"just let them do our thang"? (just let them do their thing)
"theirs nothing we can't do to stop them do"? (there's nothing we can do to stop them though)
P.S. There are plenty of things we can do to stop and prevent crime. Prevention is the best cure. Increase funding for public education and focus on reaching out to "lost" youth. As for stopping them, that's the law enforcement's job... but also the work of the economy. Supply and demand - stop buying drugs and get addicts in rehab (and not the BS ones, but the centers that actually help them change their lives). If there were no demand, who would slang?

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » March 11th, 2007, 2:55 pm

Pac is a good rapper. I just don't think dude needs to represent our race like that and thats on the hood homie.

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » March 11th, 2007, 2:58 pm

LcBwC wrote:
creativemind wrote:
I dont know why there arent any mexican or for that matter any other minorities standing up and trying to bring their people together. They need too. Thats the only way they will ever make progress in this America. I dont think anyone needs their hand to be held overall. Just the knowledge and the opportunity.

Cmindz is right, EVERY CHANCE THEY GET THEY WILL REMIND YOU!

Aint noone gonna forget that they a black man in america. theres racism everywhere. try being a palestinian in israel. like monster said in his book lotta niggaz were on that I aint workin for whitey BS, so they sold crack or robbed ppl. if you look at it like us vs them, theres no way youll ever come up. If you look at it like america was made by white folks for white folks, which is actually true.. you already outcastin yourself so you already lost cuz there aint no other system in this country. and the system in this country gives more opportunity to its citizens more than any other country in the world. so you basically shit out of luck. whats actually truer is the system is designed for the rich to keep gettin richer and the poor to stay poor. it aint bout black and white. maybe that was the intentions back then and thats how it got set up. but its 2007 and its all about money and class. so what you need to do is remind yourself you livin in a capitolistic society so get your money up by any means necessary. and if you choose to do dirt and risk your life and jail time then thats on you. and if you was smart you would have a plan to get out that shit once u got your money up.

Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bearfan » March 11th, 2007, 4:47 pm

youngwun wrote:Pac is a good rapper. I just don't think dude needs to represent our race like that and thats on the hood homie.
I'm no Pac Ryder, but at least when he talked about foolishness he said we, meaning I'm no better than the rest. You can't set yourself up on a throne, and blast a bunch of people who work 2-3 jobs just to put food on the table, and not be called out on it. Anybody who feels Drug Dealing/pimping/Gang Banging isn't wrong is delusional, but coming from Cosby (The official Uncle Ruckus) is like a kkk member saying you guys should stop selling drugs. Coming from him I don't want to hear it, and for him to single Tupac out like that, when there's so many living rappers makes him look even worse. You'd expect The Diplomats, or 50cent to be named, not someone who can't defend themselves. I bet he doesn't even know about Pac's early career. One molester can't judge another molester, that's too hypocritical x10.