Big Wy signs to Byrd Gang West

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Big Wy signs to Byrd Gang West

Unread post by youngwun » March 14th, 2007, 12:53 am

Big Wy fuckin with Dipset shit now. Guess this clears up a lot of rumours about Kali niggaz not fucking with the East Coast blood shit.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 14th, 2007, 1:20 am

over 200 threads of dip-set being phonies-not street can hopefully finally end

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » March 14th, 2007, 2:10 am

LOL, what does a rapper signing to a rap label have to do with niggas being real. Ill sign to G-Unit they offer me some money dont make G-Unit a real street organization. I dont even understand how a rap group or rap label can be compared to a street organization, it is what it is. Whether its G-Unit Crips, DPGC, Death Row records etc. thats all rap shit.

Anybody hang around niggas who will put something on they plate, dont make them respected and it dont make them street. And even if some rappers got some niggas who dont rap around them still dont make they group street, it just means its some niggas hanging around some rappers.

And all thse rappers need to saying they aint rappers, and refering to every other rapper as rap niggas. Everybody know how much time they put into getting they music right, touring, promotions etc. They go end up being back in the streets or in them for the first time with the phony not a rapper shit.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » March 14th, 2007, 7:25 am

rocstar wrote:LOL, what does a rapper signing to a rap label have to do with niggas being real.

LOLLLLL!!!!! Exactly...

Can you believe some of this s!@# that be said by some of these on here? lol. dip-set can sign every real gang member from Cali but IMO they still on some fake s!@#, and their music is still garbage.....Some of these want be accepted so bad...LOL at dip=set being real because they signed one gang member/rapper from Cali...Maaaan, only on streetgangs.. :roll: :arrow:

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » March 14th, 2007, 7:49 am

Yall got what I said twisted. I never said Dipset was real. Said Big Wy fucks with 'em, and Big Wy a real nigga. So that should put to rest everyone who aint been to LA or that has been to LA that thinks Kali niggaz DONT fuck with NY PERIOD POINT BLANK.

Some of yall niggaz so amped on jumping down throats on here that you don't even read whats there, you just see what you wanna see.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 14th, 2007, 8:13 am

but who said Cali don't fuck with NY on some bizness music tip? Unless you meant cali dont fuck with NY on some gang shit cuz they "not real", and X and Roc sayin that just because Wy fuck with them still dont make them real. So they point still valid, cuz all music regions, all niggas into real bizness is collaboratin.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by LcBwC » March 14th, 2007, 8:42 am

Yea who said that? The Game has worked with so many NY dudes. So I think that was pretty much squashed as far as the rap game goes.

Hell
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hell » March 14th, 2007, 9:03 am

:lol: Naw so this mean big wy is with sky balla from dipset byrd gang west this will change everything between westcoast and eastcoast b-dogz this mean everything is fallin into place now.

looneytunes1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looneytunes1 » March 14th, 2007, 9:55 am

Their is a lot of haters on this site lol.

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Mars

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » March 14th, 2007, 9:57 am

ya'll can checkout the official byrd gang west forum at www.raptalk.net along with an interview with big wy speakin on the situation

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » March 14th, 2007, 10:29 am

I just dont think the nigga Big Wy would fuck with some niggaz he dont respect on some street shit, but yall can have your opinions.

And plenty of niggaz have said LA DONT FUCK WITH NY.

Hell
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hell » March 14th, 2007, 11:37 am

Raised in The Bottoms, Now Flying To The Top (Exclusive Interview With Big Wy Of The Relativez)

Big Wy of The Relativez hooked up with family at Raptalk.net to talk about hooking up with Jim Jones to launch Byrd Gang West! As one half of the duo The Relativez with his cousin Suga Buga, Wy is looking to establish his solo career with The Byrd Gang and with the help of his partners El Dorado Red, Wacko, and Bandit.

However, that’s not all! The Inglewood native from the area known as The Bottoms talks frankly to us about his thoughts on Gangbangin’ and where his head is at these days.

So check out this Raptalk.net exclusive interview today. I hope that there are some youngsters out there that can get something out of this. Learn from someone that’s really “been there and done that”.

Styles: So what’s going on Big Weezy? Everything good for you or what?

BW: Yeah man, I’m blessed.

Styles: That’s good man. Well, before we get into what you are currently doing, I just wanted you to take us back to the life of Big Wy “before” you began a rap career. Before The Relativez, The Young Soldiers on Death Row and Bangin’ On Wax…

BW: It was basically a typical life of kids my age in the city of Inglewood. Cats was hustling, cats was bangin’. It was a combination of it all, you know what I’m saying? Just being around it I just sucked up everything around me like a sponge. Shit, it got in me. It’s a lifestyle. You are hanging around certain people and doing certain things.

Styles: What made you gravitate towards that lifestyle though? I’m sure you had choices..

BW: You know, that’s what was around when you are hanging around outside. Your peers are your influences. Stuff that you get turned on by. My thing around the Hood was having money and shit.

Styles: When did you get caught up in it?

BW: Well, around Junior High. We all walked home the same way. We all stay right by each other. You get caught up in that shit. Especially if you are a nigga that’s born with no tolerance like me, I didn’t have no tolerance for nothing if someone rubbed me the wrong way that I didn’t like, you know what I mean?

Styles: I bet you’ve seen a lot of wild stuff in your days…

BW: Aw man… shit.. You know ..hey…

Styles: (laughs) Don’t incriminate yourself in this interview…

BW: Yeah, I’ve seen a whole lot. Been through a lot. It’s like growing up in our generation, being from the inner city life, just imagine man…

Styles: When you were going through this, it was one of the craziest times in Los Angeles, right?

BW: In the 80’s.. You gotta realize that my neighborhood didn’t really get off until ’79, so you look at by the time ’85, ’86’, ’87’ started rolling around it was full blown top notch bangin’ like a muthafucka. You was bangin’ or a high roller or a combination of both. Along came with it was the crack, totin guns, getting money, fucking bitches, bustin’ on niggas, that’s what it was… Some of the shit that we went through, that shit ain’t normal man, for people having to grow up living like that. Shootin’ up muthafuckas, it was like a common thing.

Styles: I bet you wish at times you could have had a normal childhood….

BW: Sometimes to a certain extent but you know there’s a lot of things that we went through, that the average kid didn’t go through that they would be naïve to or be aware of. Some of those things will make you wise and street smart as a motherfucker.

Styles: So you’ve gone through that whole lifestyle and then you started a rapping career. Where is your head at now?

BW: Right now, I am the most business-minded as I have ever been in my life. I’m getting involved in different things and by me being independent and looking after my own career pretty much I’m involved in all of the different aspects of the game. I’m concentrating on a lot of things outside of just rapping like what makes a company run from promotion to marketing.

Styles: But as far as like bangin’ in concerned, what’s your mentality now?

BW: Oh shit, as far as that goes? I mean, it’s like if I can say something to a young nigga it would be “do something else”. There ain’t nothing wrong with representing your hood but just focus on something else. Get some money, be a success and let that be your end result. I’ve been blessed now to know that fine line of still being down and being able to avoid stupid situations that may get you caught up or alter your life.

Styles: I remember you telling me once that you did certain things to certain people that you felt “deserved it” yet now you feel who are you to judge but God?

BW: (pauses)…. Some dudes, a lot of the stuff I did, some people had it coming to them but there were some who didn’t, but who am I to judge that? I can’t be the one to judge that. That’s God’s job. The way I think now is how a man is really supposed to think. It’s a part of growing up. As you grow older you get to see life and understand life from different aspects. When you are a kid and you are young, you’ve kind of got tunnel vision. You think, “I’m in the hood and down for everything that’s going on in the hood”. As you get older you get to have a little money, travel, meet different people and understand life better.

Styles: You see a lot of rappers in this industry, do you think a lot of them should be separating the rap business from the streets a little bit more?

BW: There is nothing wrong with talking about where you are from and what you’re representing but yeah, hell yeah, whatever goes on in the streets needs to stay in the streets. People try to use the streets to justify themselves as an artist but that isn’t necessary. Some people take that line and go too far with it, you know, put business in the air of what’s going on in the hoods and streets that don’t need to be documented.

Styles: It sounds like you’ve really grown up a lot…

BW: Like I said, when you’re grown you get to know certain things. I can’t say that I am sitting here doing the same shit I was doing 10 years ago, I am just explaining it man, I am like the voice of my world. I speak for my people that can’t speak for themselves to the world over music. That’s what God sent me to do man, I am a messenger of my people.

Styles: You’re group The Relativez, they’ve been known in the past for going off on people at times.. I mean is that over for you now?

BW: Yeah, you know, we find ourselves getting in this shit and ridin’ for different reasons but in actuality it ain’t that serious. When you grow up and be a man you realize that there are some things that can be handled in a different way, you know what I’m saying? Like that shit with Mack 10, that shit could have been avoided or handled in a different way. To keep it real, we played a big part in starting that shit. I had a talk with Blood one time over the phone and he was like, “I knew about y’all when y’all was The Young Soldiers before I even got in to rapping.” To me I felt like kinda bad because this dude was diggin’ us. He had been checking us out and he knew me through some mutual family, so he was checking us out. But we was rolling with the homies. When you are young you have tunnel vision. When you are rolling with your homies, especially at that time, whatever they feel is what you are rolling with. At the end of the day that’s what it was, but I don’t believe in basing my career over beefing with a nigga. It really didn’t make no sense.

Styles: Take us to where you are at right now in your career. You released a few albums with your cousin Suga Buga as The Relativez but now I understand that you’ve linked up with Jim Jones and The Byrd Gang?

BW: Right now, it’s being established. Me, my nigga El Dorado Red, Wacko, and my nigga Bandit from San Diego. El Dorado Red came up with the idea to do this so we went out there and holla’d at Jim Jones and let him know what was going on and he was like, “Yeah! Put it together!” So that’s what’s going on now and it’s in the beginning stages. Getting the brand put together, the music, the logo.

Styles: So what’s coming from you? You’ve had Certified Gangsta which was supposed to be your first solo album on hold. Are you doing a whole new album?

BW: I am going to switch it around. I’ve got some good records. Certified Gangsta will still come out…

Styles: But you are going to do a whole new thing?

BW: Yeah, this is another thing…

Styles: And another Hood Hitchcock Mixtape?

BW: Hood Hitchcock Volume 2 … That’s coming soon. That’s done really. I am just waiting on this record to get mixed with me, Glasses Malone and Jay Rock. It’s a motorcycle club anthem…

Styles: Ahem.. You are going to holla at your boy with that right? (laughs)….

BW: Oh yeah… that’s a done thing man.

Styles: I am glad to see you making some moves. What else is in store? Are you still shooting that movie?

BW: We are just basically getting the script tightened up. We (him and Suga Buga) are putting that together and we will once again start working on that.

Styles: So with this whole Byrd Gang thing, is this the end of The Relativez?

BW: Hell naw, that’s my little cousin! The Relativez will never end.

Styles: It’s just a little pause then, huh?

BW: I be in to certain things, and Suga Buga be in to his things … The Relativez situation is like a delicate thing. That’s us! That’s number one and that’s priority. Each time we do that it’s got to be the right situation and the right things going on for me and Buga collectively. We are both grown men and we do other things.

Styles: Musically it sounds like we are hearing a sort of different Big Wy. Some of the stuff I’ve heard you are not just doing West Coast funk.

BW: Yeah, that’s always been my thing personally. Even if you truly listen to The Relativez records as they go, the music line always grows. You’ve got to be able to be diverse with this music because if you stay on one thing you will just be one dimensional. In this game the more directions you go the more revenue you will come across.

Styles: Why is it that with a West Coast artist, no one ever expects them to make anything but that West Coast known sound, but yet at the same time they will listen to everybody else around the Nation doing different shit?

BW: I mean that’s just people holding on to whatever to whatever they heard first that made them like you, so that’s what they hold on to the most. Certain things we good at, we know how to talk that street shit because that’s where we’re from, and then you put it to a boom clap beat, that’s what we are built on. A lot of people attached themselves to West Coast music because of that. But I am a musician, you know what I mean? I can do it all and that’s what I’ve got to express and show to reach everybody else out there. Even though a lot of our fans might get rubbed the wrong way, we are creating new one’s along the way.

Styles: You want to be able to go to Texas, Alabama, Florida and even New York with this music right?

BW: Exactly… No question.

Styles: This has been insightful. Is there anything you want to end us with?

BW: Don’t forget to be on the lookout for the new album and the new Hood Hitchcock Volume 2 put together by my nigga Dj Qwess from The Pacific Division DJ’s. A shout to my nigga Wacko. Be ready to support that movement because the Bird is finna fly in Los Angeles and the West Coast. Look for Byrd Gang West, BGW, executed by myself and my nigga El Dorado Red, Wacko and Bandit. Go to my myspace page: myspace.com/bigwytherelativez.

I love your support Styles and the work. You’re down with my squad and always got my back, my nigga Styles, you know what it is.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 14th, 2007, 12:01 pm

[quote="youngwun"]Yall got what I said twisted. I never said Dipset was real. Said Big Wy fucks with 'em, and Big Wy a real nigga. So that should put to rest everyone who aint been to LA or that has been to LA that thinks Kali niggaz DONT fu-- with NY PERIOD POINT BLANK.

Some of yall niggaz so amped on jumping down throats on here that you don't even read whats there, you just see what you wanna see.[/quote]

lol

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 14th, 2007, 12:03 pm

much success to this dude on his rap career i wish him well...& hope more artist from all other coast can link up & start friendships outside of just the music business & put what most of these clowns what to happen(negativity ) to bed

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 14th, 2007, 6:41 pm

Big Wy was f-cking with those east coast harlem bloods for years now, remember that "On Bloodz" with el dorado red and yg hootie?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 14th, 2007, 6:43 pm

rocstar wrote:And all thse rappers need to saying they aint rappers, and refering to every other rapper as rap niggas. Everybody know how much time they put into getting they music right, touring, promotions etc. They go end up being back in the streets or in them for the first time with the phony not a rapper shit.
Ya, that sh*t is stupid, rapping about not being a rapper wtf?

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » March 14th, 2007, 6:45 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:remember that "On Bloodz" with el dorado red and yg hootie?
Yeah unfortunately...

mvwi1
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Union City

Unread post by mvwi1 » March 14th, 2007, 6:46 pm

'X' wrote:
Yeah unfortunately...
Did you think it was wack.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 14th, 2007, 6:47 pm

'X' wrote:
Yeah unfortunately...
LOL :lol:

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » March 14th, 2007, 10:16 pm

youngwun wrote:Yall got what I said twisted. I never said Dipset was real. Said Big Wy fucks with 'em, and Big Wy a real nigga. So that should put to rest everyone who aint been to LA or that has been to LA that thinks Kali niggaz DONT fu-- with NY PERIOD POINT BLANK.

Some of yall niggaz so amped on jumping down throats on here that you don't even read whats there, you just see what you wanna see.
I didnt respond to your post. But a LA Crip will fuck with NY Bloods on getting some money. And NY Bloods will fuck with a LA Crip on getting some credibility. Niggas will fuck with anybody period when its going to be to they advantage, it aint a movement its personal enrichment.

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » March 15th, 2007, 12:45 am

'X' wrote:
Yeah unfortunately...
YEAH THAT SHIT WAS WACK LOL!!!!

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » March 15th, 2007, 6:58 am

rocstar wrote:
youngwun wrote:Yall got what I said twisted. I never said Dipset was real. Said Big Wy fucks with 'em, and Big Wy a real nigga. So that should put to rest everyone who aint been to LA or that has been to LA that thinks Kali niggaz DONT fu-- with NY PERIOD POINT BLANK.

I didnt respond to your post.
Yeah calm down youngsta...

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » March 15th, 2007, 6:59 am

mvwi1 wrote:
'X' wrote:
Yeah unfortunately...
Did you think it was wack.

I couldnt get through the whole song to see if it was wack or not...I stopped it immediatly...

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » March 15th, 2007, 1:51 pm

so i guess NY crips just as fake as NY bloodz right.....

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » March 15th, 2007, 5:15 pm

Young Deuce wrote:so i guess NY crips just as fake as NY bloodz right.....
**REPOST** I'm feeling what the brutha Saigon speaking on..

Saigon on Crips & Bloods in NY

The Bloods and the Crips in New York right now are off the hook. It has spread incredibly over the past few years. If you go to Albany Projects, it’s all Bloods. If you go to Brownzler Houses or if you go to Van Dyke, it’s all Bloods and Crips. A lot of these muthafuckas is influencing the kids to do this. For what? What good comes out of gang banging? It’s all negative.

Was it like that before?

No. It wasn’t like that. It’s from California. That’s where this @#%$ started out. It’s some dick riding @#%$. You know where it came from? It came from these music videos. It came from movies. Over here in New York, when I was growing up I didn’t know who the Crips and the Bloods were. I heard about them. The first time we heard about that @#%$ over here was because of the movie "Colors." That movie enlightened New York people to what Bloods and Crips were. We didn’t know about that. Now, it’s wack. We watched these videos and you see muthafuckas wearing all blue. You got other muthafuckas who only wear red. That’s what making it spread over to here.

If you can spread that negativity, why can’t you spread something positive like that..."

:arrow: For whole interview(which was deeep!)click link below...

viewtopic.php?t=9247&start=0

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » March 15th, 2007, 6:25 pm

i wanna know from a la nigga if u think croppz and bloodz in my city r fake....real talk and y????

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » March 15th, 2007, 6:27 pm

cripz i mean...

Manso
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Manso » March 15th, 2007, 8:06 pm

Big Wy can now call himself Big Sellout. Ain't this the same nigga talkin shit about those faggot ass Harlem off brand niggas from bitch set on a track on Westboyz? I swear that's the same nigga. It just goes to show that a nigga would do anything for a dolla. Fucc bitchset and fucc ny slobs and crips

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » March 15th, 2007, 8:54 pm

youngwun wrote:I just dont think the nigga Big Wy would fu-- with some niggaz he dont respect on some street shit, but yall can have your opinions.

And plenty of niggaz have said LA DONT fu-- WITH NY.
Some do, some dont. Doesnt mean cuz he's signed to their label that those that dont magically will. Im sure that the end of the day its still fuc NY for them.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » March 15th, 2007, 9:01 pm

rocstar wrote:
I didnt respond to your post. But a LA Crip will fu-- with NY Bloods on getting some money. And NY Bloods will fu-- with a LA Crip on getting some credibility. Niggas will fu-- with anybody period when its going to be to they advantage, it aint a movement its personal enrichment.
Well said. Dudes exploit opportunities. Not saying all dudes will exploit in this way, but the promise of money makes people do strange stuff.

Manso
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Manso » March 15th, 2007, 9:19 pm

I wanna join dipset too and once that check posts Im yellin fu.CC bitchset and takin everyone of those mark niggas out

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » March 15th, 2007, 10:08 pm

Young Deuce wrote:i wanna know from a la nigga if u think croppz and bloodz in my city r fake....real talk and y????
Real niggas is real niggas wherever they from. A real NY nigga will beat up an LA nigga and kill a LA nigga quick as a LA nigga will do him. Same as St. Louis or anywhere else. BUT...if you claim to be a Crip and you bang under some Chicago star type system I dont think you are a real Crip cuzz real Crips dont do that. PERIOD. You a gangmember, and maybe one of the coldest killers ever but its something other than a Crip cuzz your get down is totally different. It's not like you Trays or Gangsters or NH's its something totally different. Like Christians and Muslims, some of there beliefs are similar but there different, not the same thing. Same for Bloods who bang stars and claim Trays, lol aint no 3X damus so what are they doing?

I believe, and maybe I'm wrong, but if these dudes was with the Crip and Damu shit as hard as they claim they would respect the game. I think apart of the issue is they did get alot of it from the movies and hearsay and shit.