DJ QUIK IS A SOFTER THAN WET TISSUE!!

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
jae
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by jae » June 23rd, 2005, 6:38 pm

unless y'all know quik, caint nobody here talk down on his name with credibility. it dont matter what "homies" said, or what they was told, or whaveter. too much punk ish on here fa real. we all got our butts handed to us one time or another in a fight (if you've had alot of them), so who cares that he got beat up, if in fact he did. everybody know he damu, so no matter where he go, he gone get tested, like snoop,lol, but thats beside the point. now from interviews (mainstream and underground) he comes off as cool to me. his beats and flows is cool, and he seems like a genuine dude to me. i aint ridin' dude's jock or nothing but who here PERSONALLY seen any of these allegations??????? speak on that!

Psycho23

Unread post by Psycho23 » June 24th, 2005, 2:23 am

I don't care if he got his ass beat down in 1990 i still like his music. He's a legend.

raphead2001
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: L.A.

Unread post by raphead2001 » June 24th, 2005, 9:59 am

like Dj Quik said on his dvd "real gangsta's anin't scared to get bruised". getting beat is something every fighter will go thru. and its not like he some big buff dude he a rap singer he exercise one muscle thats his strap finger. and Dj Quik is the best producer of all time

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » June 24th, 2005, 10:45 am

raphead2001 wrote:like Dj Quik said on his dvd "real gangsta's anin't scared to get bruised". getting beat is something every fighter will go thru. and its not like he some big buff dude he a rap singer he exercise one muscle thats his strap finger. and Dj Quik is the best producer of all time
I hope you mean 'RAP' producer coz even he's taken a load of samples from people.

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » June 26th, 2005, 1:16 pm

Samples or not, Quik has a serious interest in the musical side of things. Dude's a genius. He's not just a rap producer. Take a listen to any of the Quik's Groove's. Don't hate on that dude.

Anyone seein' him at the House of Blues on the 2nd or 6th?

raphead2001
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: L.A.

Unread post by raphead2001 » June 26th, 2005, 10:57 pm

im going to the july 1st show in anaheim at the house of blues

GrymReaper
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by GrymReaper » June 27th, 2005, 4:47 pm

corn wrote:And D.J. Quik I took your beat
Now I'm lookin' for you
Wassup?!

thats wat he said in thats song so i dont know
im sure thats the quik from G'z and Loc'z, i wonder why batman had beef with quik? Btw where is quik?where i live in canda, i hear of a dj quik on the radio station but my town is full of wannabee bloods and crips so im sure this dj quik i hear about on the radio station must be a fake a$$, what would dj quik be doing in canada? especially edmonton?.

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Houston

Re: DJ QUIK IS A SOFTER THAN WET TISSUE!!

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » June 27th, 2005, 9:32 pm

Y.G. wrote: WE ALL KNOW THAT SAN ANTONIO AIN'T LIKE compton THEM NIGGAZ IN SAN ANTONIO SHOULD HAVE TOOK THAT AS A COMPLIMENT BECAUSE THEM NIGGAZ WANNA BE LIKE US.
probably never even been to Tx., SA aint trying to be nothing like Compton dem boys Texas soldiers in every form. Obviously they were G's if Quik all on their dick spitting a whole verse about their city..know what Im talkin bout.

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » June 28th, 2005, 2:04 am

SWblocks-Veteran wrote:
Y.G. wrote: WE ALL KNOW THAT SAN ANTONIO AIN'T LIKE compton THEM NIGGAZ IN SAN ANTONIO SHOULD HAVE TOOK THAT AS A COMPLIMENT BECAUSE THEM NIGGAZ WANNA BE LIKE US.
probably never even been to Tx., SA aint trying to be nothing like Compton dem boys Texas soldiers in every form. Obviously they were G's if Quik all on their dick spitting a whole verse about their city..know what Im talkin bout.

PLEASE HOMIE WATCH YOUR MOUTH BECAUSE YOU TEXAS BOYS BE ON CALI DICK AND THATS ON PIRU, I HAVE RAN INTO PLENTY OF TEXAS NIGGAZ AND THEY WAS TRYING TO BE SUPER cool WITH NIGGAZ. PLUS WE ALL KNOW SAN ANTONIO AIN'T ON BOMPTON LEVEL AT ALL NOT EVEN CLOSE.

BlueCadillaC167
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BlueCadillaC167 » June 28th, 2005, 12:25 pm

I wasn't into hip hop back then, but can someone tell how the beef that Eiht had Quicc end?

TAADOW
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TAADOW » June 28th, 2005, 12:40 pm

Yo Quik is the Man..
I still love the quote,:yeah you took out the G cause the G aint in you: referring to Mc EiHt..

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » June 28th, 2005, 7:49 pm

Y.G. wrote:
SWblocks-Veteran wrote:

PLEASE HOMIE WATCH YOUR MOUTH BECAUSE YOU TEXAS BOYS BE ON CALI DICK AND THATS ON PIRU, I HAVE RAN INTO PLENTY OF TEXAS NIGGAZ AND THEY WAS TRYING TO BE SUPER cool WITH NIGGAZ. PLUS WE ALL KNOW SAN ANTONIO AIN'T ON compton LEVEL AT ALL NOT EVEN CLOSE.
put whatever u want on diru....Tx do our own thang you better catch up with the game pimpin this aint the 80s

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » June 29th, 2005, 1:41 am

SWblocks-Veteran wrote:
Y.G. wrote:
SWblocks-Veteran wrote:

PLEASE HOMIE WATCH YOUR MOUTH BECAUSE YOU TEXAS BOYS BE ON CALI DICK AND THATS ON PIRU, I HAVE RAN INTO PLENTY OF TEXAS NIGGAZ AND THEY WAS TRYING TO BE SUPER cool WITH NIGGAZ. PLUS WE ALL KNOW SAN ANTONIO AIN'T ON compton LEVEL AT ALL NOT EVEN CLOSE.
put whatever u want on diru....Tx do our own thang you better catch up with the game pimpin this aint the 80s

YOU BITCH NIGGAZ IS ON ARE DICKS HOW THE FUCK YALL GOT BLOODS & CRIPS. YALL ALL STEAL FROM THE BEST COAST WE ARE THE REASON WHY YOU GOT MONEY BECAUSE WE ARE YOUR CONNECTS. FUCK YOU AND TEXAS BITCH!!!!

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » June 29th, 2005, 8:27 am

Y.G. wrote:
SWblocks-Veteran wrote:
Y.G. wrote:
SWblocks-Veteran wrote:

YOU BITCH NIGGAZ IS ON ARE DICKS HOW THE fu-- YALL GOT BLOODS & CRIPS. YALL ALL STEAL FROM THE BEST COAST WE ARE THE REASON WHY YOU GOT MONEY BECAUSE WE ARE YOUR CONNECTS. fu-- YOU AND TEXAS BITCH!!!!
Cali is our connect??? hahha kids say the darndest thangs. Maybe on sherm but thats about it...you ever heard of the valley dumb muthafucka??? Its right near the Mexican border you can get a pound there for about 180 or less of some lime. Plus Texas sittin on the Gulf Of Mexico, our dope comes in thru the ports...not from nobody else. Our birds flock for the best prices niggas come to Texas to buy big dope. Ask anybody who ever innersate skated before or research it online like you do your street info. Texas got the cheapest prices on the dope..you must have never sold dope or hit the highway before talkin crazy like that.

Every state either got Crips and Bloods or Vice Lords and Folks so whats your point??? Aint nobody copying yall shit if Cali niggas down here starting branches back in the 80's.....same click, new set, different state..and what computer nigga?? Niggas gonna die for it out here just like they will out there real is real and fake is fake it aint where you from that makes u hardcore.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » June 29th, 2005, 8:54 am

I got two hos from san antonio and they gangsta, from what they tell me Bloods and ckrips is some real shit out there too... i never been there except when my nigga finished basic training at lackland and that was baaaaaack in the day but from what i hear its pretty gangsta

kverdugazo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kverdugazo » June 30th, 2005, 11:06 am

I'm actually in Texas right now and I ain't ever really seen a real Crip or blood hood down here.. it's mostly lil high school or jr. high kids running around copyin some b.s. they don't know sh** about... I ain't dissin the niggas from TX just the mark niggas that think they bangin somethin they ain't even from...W3St-Out

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » June 30th, 2005, 2:51 pm

keverdugo wrote:I'm actually in Texas right now and I ain't ever really seen a real Crip or blood hood down here.. it's mostly lil high school or jr. high kids running around copyin some b.s. they don't know sh** about... I ain't dissin the niggas from TX just the mark niggas that think they bangin somethin they ain't even from...W3St-Out
You in Dallas right now??? What hood you living in because D-Town got real Crips and Bloods in it. Gotta go to South and West Dallas and parts of Oakcliff if you wanna catch up with some real niggas. If you in Houston it depends what part of town your in too, if your in South Park, Hiram Clarke, 3rd Ward, 5th Ward, Acres Homes, Woodfair/Club Creek/Spice.

Just like any other city, you got the real niggas and the fake niggas...I aint gonna lie and say every Crip or Blood in Tx is a real Crip or Blood because they aint...I'll be the first to say its niggas who copy the name and run with it. But I see with my own eyes kats from LA down in Houston in affiliation with other Houston Crips and Bloods. I been at spots and blocks in Houston and I seen Harlem 30's, Rollin 60's, 5-2 Hoovers from LA posted up chillin and even living in Houston. I met Grape Streets from LA in Austin. Bloods from California been over in neighborhoods like Royal Palms, Selinsky and Wesley Square for years

kverdugazo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kverdugazo » July 1st, 2005, 12:00 am

yeah I know bout Oak Cliff and those hoods down here but lately I aint seen no nigga from LA or any real sets from there... U got lil kids running around talkin 'bout Oak Cliff Crip haha I've been through here off and on since '95 or '96 and aint never really seen any Compton hoods down here.. most of the niggas I have met are born and raised Texans.. niggas here in Dallas are cool tho'

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » July 1st, 2005, 2:02 am

I BEEN IN TEXAS DOIN MY THING PROBABLY GO THIS SUMMER AND EVERYTIME NIGGAZ DON'T WANT KNOW. I KNOW NOBODY IN TEXAS CAN SAY THE HIT L.A., DAYGO, OR THE BAY.

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » July 1st, 2005, 4:00 am

Y.G. wrote:I BEEN IN TEXAS DOIN MY THING PROBABLY GO THIS SUMMER AND EVERYTIME NIGGAZ DON'T WANT KNOW. I KNOW NOBODY IN TEXAS CAN SAY THE HIT L.A., DAYGO, OR THE BAY.
are u a girl or a youngsta?? and was that statement a diss or a joke or what, whatcha mean cant nobody in Texas hit Cali?? I hit Cali jus about every summer, one of my best friends stays in the 20's. I hit NY too stayed off Fulton. True worldwide player, I go wherever I want to jus like any other real nigga can.