THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
BG MLOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: crooklyn

THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME

Unread post by BG MLOCO » April 12th, 2004, 8:28 am

WHO DO YALL THINK IS THE GREATEST RAPPER OF ALL TIME, ME PERSONALLY I THINK THAT THE NOTORIOUS BIG IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME AFTER HIM I WOULD SAY RAKIM, KRS-ONE EAZY E, SNOOP DOGG, MC SHAN, MC EIHT, RUN-DMC.

ETGC 4 LIFE 3X

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME

Unread post by blkjoker » April 12th, 2004, 6:55 pm

Yes BIGGIE is the greatest of all time. I agree with your list just about but even though people hate on Jay-Z, I got to put him in that list cause the boy was sick with the word play. After big died Jay held NY up.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » April 12th, 2004, 7:11 pm

BIG L woulda slaughtered Bigie in a battle. Woulda took Jay Z's stuff too. Those others montioned might have been good for their time, but lyrically couldn't see Jay or Big, and especially not Big L.

swordswinging

Unread post by swordswinging » April 12th, 2004, 8:23 pm

What??? Snoop Dogg is actually a runner up for greatest of all time? ROFLMAO!!! I laughed, I really did on that one, almost fell out of the chair. :lol:

Canibus would slaughter ALL of those guys in a battle. Big L.... yeah he's above average. But Canibus would eat him up too. But greatest of all time? I don't know who deserves that title. I for sure don't think Biggie deserves it. He released only 1 album before he died! It was a classic, but no way does it make him the greatest ever. His rhymes were above average too, nothing spectacular.

Lyrically, Canibus would mop up all the emcees you guys listed so far, sorry. But I wouldn't call him the greatest of all time, since he suffers from poor production a lot. And come on now.... Jay Z???? LOL. Nowhere near the greatest, that's just MTV hype. Mediocre at best.

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » April 12th, 2004, 8:25 pm

LOX spit that fire

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » April 12th, 2004, 8:29 pm

Canibus? CANIBUS? You're crazy dog. LL chewed his ass up and spit him out. He don't even have a career anymore L got him so bad. Canibus was interviewed in the source talkin about he didn't want to be a rapper anymore, he wasnted to persue other interests. At least pick someone that can still pick up a mic.

swordswinging

Unread post by swordswinging » April 12th, 2004, 9:09 pm

Panik wrote:Canibus? CANIBUS? You're crazy dog. LL chewed his ass up and spit him out. He don't even have a career anymore L got him so bad. Canibus was interviewed in the source talkin about he didn't want to be a rapper anymore, he wasnted to persue other interests. At least pick someone that can still pick up a mic.
WHAT??! :shock: LL chewed up Canibus??? LOL :lol: That beef was years ago, around 98/99. Canibus smashed on LL Fool J. What do you mean his career is over? LOL. He released an album last year "Rip the Jacker" which was nasty, plus he's got another one coming out this summer. His career might be over on that piece of shit MTV. LOL!!!! But who the fuck cares. Fuck MTV. That's for watered down mainstream artists. Which is why it's hard to say who's the greatest of all time, since there's so many different types of rap and everybody has their own preference. Canibus is pure battle rapper. One of the elites too. I stand by what I said earlier, I don't think he's the best, but when it comes to battling, he would have a train on any of the rappers yall mentioned thus far.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm

swordswinging wrote:What??? Snoop Dogg is actually a runner up for greatest of all time? ROFLMAO!!! I laughed, I really did on that one, almost fell out of the chair. :lol:

Canibus would slaughter ALL of those guys in a battle. Big L.... yeah he's above average. But Canibus would eat him up too. But greatest of all time? I don't know who deserves that title. I for sure don't think Biggie deserves it. He released only 1 album before he died! It was a classic, but no way does it make him the greatest ever. His rhymes were above average too, nothing spectacular.

Lyrically, Canibus would mop up all the emcees you guys listed so far, sorry. But I wouldn't call him the greatest of all time, since he suffers from poor production a lot. And come on now.... Jay Z???? LOL. Nowhere near the greatest, that's just MTV hype. Mediocre at best.
Come on what have canibus did lately, even though I think the battle with him and L was wack I still think Canibus spit hotter Sh@t then L did. But L got him when he said 99% of his fans dont exist. Which is true. Come now you cant say Jay-z dont have no tight lyrics. Only man in the game with 3 classics. You cant name many who put out as much as Jay-z did on his ablums. Also made as much as he did got to give him props cause most dont last that long and still bring in big money. What have canibus did lately.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 12th, 2004, 9:23 pm

swordswinging wrote:
Panik wrote:Canibus? CANIBUS? You're crazy dog. LL chewed his ass up and spit him out. He don't even have a career anymore L got him so bad. Canibus was interviewed in the source talkin about he didn't want to be a rapper anymore, he wasnted to persue other interests. At least pick someone that can still pick up a mic.
WHAT??! :shock: LL chewed up Canibus??? LOL :lol: That beef was years ago, around 98/99. Canibus smashed on LL Fool J. What do you mean his career is over? LOL. He released an album last year "Rip the Jacker" which was nasty, plus he's got another one coming out this summer. His career might be over on that piece of stuff MTV. LOL!!!! But who the "i will get banned" cares. "i will get banned" MTV. That's for watered down mainstream artists. Which is why it's hard to say who's the greatest of all time, since there's so many different types of rap and everybody has their own preference. Canibus is pure battle rapper. One of the elites too. I stand by what I said earlier, I don't think he's the best, but when it comes to battling, he would have a train on any of the rappers yall mentioned thus far.
I would agree with you about all types of rappers even some underground that dont get as much props as the rest. It is hard to really say who is the greatest amoug them all. Canibus did not destroy LL and LL to me is sorry. Jay-Z will eat canibus up spit some facts on canibus how his sorry career has not took off.

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » April 12th, 2004, 10:56 pm

Pac is the best of all time. Your right Biggie was a rapper Pac made you feel his music the 1990's Marvin Gaye. You didnt just listen to Pac flip his tongue you felt his sh_it in your soul

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » April 12th, 2004, 11:36 pm

FOR ME THE GREATEST OF ALL WILL CERTAINLY NOT COME FROM THE EAST .....
OLD SCHOOL SNOOP WAS A GREAT RAPPER AND HE INVENTED A SCHOOL FOLOWED BY A LOT

PAC WAS A GREAT RAPPER HE ALSO CREATED HIS OWN SCHOOL

BUT 4 ME AND ITS A PERSONNAL THOUGHT NOBODY I SAW NOOOOOOOOOBODY CANT TOUCH THE BG KNOCC OUT

BG KNOCC OUT THE BEST OF THEM AALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

swordswinging

Unread post by swordswinging » April 12th, 2004, 11:37 pm

blkjoker wrote: I would agree with you about all types of rappers even some underground that dont get as much props as the rest. It is hard to really say who is the greatest amoug them all. Canibus did not destroy LL and LL to me is sorry. Jay-Z will eat canibus up spit some facts on canibus how his sorry career has not took off.
Canubis is not mainstream. He doesn't constantly make music videos about hoes, money, and how 'gangsta' he is. Like I said, he's pure battle rap emcee. Which is his downfall right now, since mainstream hip hop is all about imitating and sounding like everybody else. Look at MTV and it's little brother BET, everyday the same $h!t. Beach parties, and more beach parties. I have so much money, and all the women, and I'm so gangsta, noone can kill me. Yeah yeah. These guys sell albums, but to me, most of these guys are NOT good rappers. So many of them are vocabulary-challenged, how the hell can they be good rappers???! These simplistic, repetitive rhymes, rhyming fu(K with fu(k and talking $h!t. Then when you try to point this out, they'll muster up the most recycled worn out line in the urban dictionary "Don't hate". ROFL!! Yeah, "don't hate" that sure does justify your wackness. Careers don't mean shit to me. Chingy can sell albums, and he's fuckin WACK!!! Right Thurr... LOL :lol: Mainstream rap is just SO watered down right now, too many wannabe thugs, and wannabe pimps. The uniqueness is hardly there.

A while ago, everybody was getting hyped over a Ja Rule vs. 50 Cent beef. ROFLMAO!! What a waste of time. Ja Rule and 50, two of the most overrated, commercialized half-assed rappers ever, both of them do the same $hit. They both call themselves thugs, they both act hard, they both try to sing with their non-singing voices, they both make the same kind of soft love songs after completely cussing out women 2 tracks before. LOL. Yet they're two of the biggest names in Hip Hop. Like I said earlier, you don't have to be a good rapper to have a big time "career" in this day and age. TV is what is pushing everything right now. Incase you didn't notice, the airwaves are flooded with the same mainstream $h!t everyday. What's on TV everyday, is what a lot of people believe, just like how a lot of people think Dre is a Compton Crip. :lol: Ja Rule's a thug! :lol: And unfortunately, what's on TV everyday is what a lot of people get accustomed to, and support... and their albums will sell.

I'm not saying Canibus is the best, and I'm not saying Jay Z sucks. Some of his earlier stuff around the mid 90's was alright. But like a lot of rappers who were good back then, they changed with the times to maximize their airtime on TV, so he has a lot of fans. If you are a big time Jay Z fan, you should have noticed how he changed up his style over the last few years. But I'll say it again, lots of fans does not mean you are a great rapper.

You remember that psychic Miss Cleo with the fake Jamaican accent? LOL! She's rich now! Do you think it was because she's such a damn good psychic? I doubt it.... but those repetitive adds all day and night sure as hell got her popular enough for a lot of people to call her and listen to her dumb $h!t. :lol:

But in the end, I'd have to say. There is no GREATEST of all time that everybody will agree upon. It all comes down to personal preference.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 12th, 2004, 11:52 pm

^^^^ You are right and yes when Jay-Z frist started rappin he use to rap with a quick tongue. He did change up his flow by slowing it down, which does not mean he copied anybody. Jay-Z dont write down his flows he sits in a room and listens to the music then he spits, biggie and a few have this talent, no paper or pen needed. I always like jay before he even put out a album. I like the way he puts words together he is very clever. I guess nobody is wrong its all in what you like. So to each is own, if you like canibus then I wont hate, we all got different taste.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » April 13th, 2004, 12:20 am

well, swordwingin, you need to go get the G.O.A.T. album by LL. He roasts canibus so bad it made me want to cry. Canibus never responded, and he was just in the source in the last 6 months talkin about he was retired from rap. Maybe he recorded that album before the interview, maybe he just a bitch and said thtat shi- for publicity, who knows.

And Casper, sorry dog. I know it hurts me too. But I wasn';t sayin who my favorite rapper was, just who I thought really had the ultimate skill, and I don't know if you ever heard Big L but his shi- is seriously insane. He got smoked a few years back, but his last album was sickness. Had a song with Pac on there that was the shi-. As for 2nd place lyrically, that's tuff. I think X-Raided is probably there tied with Ras Kass and crooked I. And unfortunately I gotta put eminem up there based on skill alone cuz he would have taught biggie a lesson in a freestyle. I only ever heard that one album of BG knocc out and Dresta Did they ever have any other shi- out? I know Dresta had a hot verse on a C-Bo album a couple years back, and I think he had a verse on Kam's album too. But I never heard anythying else from knocc out again after that one album where they were dissin the dog pound. Oh, and Ice Cube used to hold my #1 ranking lyricist until that Peace album came out, and the 2nd westside connect album put the nail in the coffin.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 13th, 2004, 12:59 am

Panik wrote:well, swordwingin, you need to go get the G.O.A.T. album by LL. He roasts canibus so bad it made me want to cry. Canibus never responded, and he was just in the source in the last 6 months talkin about he was retired from rap. Maybe he recorded that album before the interview, maybe he just a female and said thtat shi- for publicity, who knows.

And Casper, sorry dog. I know it hurts me too. But I wasn';t sayin who my favorite rapper was, just who I thought really had the ultimate skill, and I don't know if you ever heard Big L but his shi- is seriously insane. He got smoked a few years back, but his last album was sickness. Had a song with Pac on there that was the shi-. As for 2nd place lyrically, that's tuff. I think X-Raided is probably there tied with Ras Kass and crooked I. And unfortunately I gotta put eminem up there based on skill alone because he would have taught biggie a lesson in a freestyle. I only ever heard that one album of BG knocc out and Dresta Did they ever have any other shi- out? I know Dresta had a hot verse on a C-Bo album a couple years back, and I think he had a verse on Kam's album too. But I never heard anythying else from knocc out again after that one album where they were dissin the dog pound. Oh, and Ice Cube used to hold my #1 ranking lyricist until that Peace album came out, and the 2nd westside connect album put the nail in the coffin.
Come on man got to give biggie his props my man was a good freestyler and was nasty on a battle.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » April 13th, 2004, 6:13 am

BG KNOCC HAD ONE ALBUM AND HE WAS THE ONE ON REAL COMPTON CITY GZ .....

IM NOT AN HIP HOP FAN IM A FUNKSTA AND BG KNOCC TO ME HAD A MAD ASS FLOW WITH REAL CC RIDA STYLE LIRICKS LIKE WE LOVE
I WOULD ADVICE EVERYBODY TO BUY HIS ALBUM ALL DAY EVERY DAY
AND I WISH THE NIGGA WILL BE back ON THE BLOCC AND PUT COMPTON back ON THE MAP

BG MLOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BG MLOCO » April 13th, 2004, 7:36 am

I DOWNLOADED A COUPLE OF BG KNOCC OUT SONGS AND YEAH HE IS TIGHT BUT BIGGIE WHEN HE FIRST CAME OUT HE WAS RAW, CAPSER I WILL BUY SOME OF BIGGES OLD STUFF AND MAIL IT TO YOU AND U CANT TELL ME HE WAS wack, HE HAD THE GRITTY LIFE OF NYC AND HOW NICCAZ WAS ON THE COME UP AND THE REALITY OF BROOKLYN WHAT HE IS THE BEST OF ALL TIME THE BEST

ETGC 4 LIFE 3X

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » April 13th, 2004, 9:02 am

Hey casper.. the first time i heard knocc out was on Eazy's Real Compton city G's.. after that i thought he was tight.. but for greatest of all time.. every rapper got a Different flow rhyme and producer makin there beats...

zzzz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by zzzz » April 16th, 2004, 11:25 pm

Panik wrote:well, swordwingin, you need to go get the G.O.A.T. album by LL. He roasts canibus so bad it made me want to cry. Canibus never responded, and he was just in the source in the last 6 months talkin about he was retired from rap. Maybe he recorded that album before the interview, maybe he just a female and said thtat shi- for publicity, who knows.
I didn't even know LL had an album called G.O.A.T. :lol: What year was that released?? Is that new stuff? I hope this guy isn't trying to bring back a beef over 5 years old. Anyways, that's quite surprising, not many people I know can talk about anything they heard from an LL Cool J song, unless it's something from way back in the days.

BTW, forgive the lateness of this reply. For some reason they banned swordswinging, for what... spreading false info? WTF??? What out of his 15 posts is false info? I didn't come on here going "yO cUzZ i JuzZ wEnT dOwNz 2 the hOoD aNd kIlLeD $Um nIgGaz cUz iMz a GanGsTa fO$HizZlE mAh nIzZlE" like some people I see on here.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » April 16th, 2004, 11:42 pm

I think the GOAT album was 2001. It's actually pretty tight. LL went back to the old school. Only 2 or 3 song for the girls. It had some bangers on it. Reminded me of old times when I used to bump his shi- in the mid and late 80's. It stood for Greatest Of All Time (GOAT) as a matter of fact. He smashed canibus so bad it hurts to listen to it. pulled his ho card for real. you should pick it up though, there's 8 solid songs on there no simpin at all, just lyrics. got DMX, Redman, Snoops bitch ass, Prodigy, and a few others on it.

Besides, canibus never shoulda started shi- with LL in the first place. He's a rap OG, and he was doing canibus a favor letting him on a track with him when he was a nobody. Canibus just threw the dis in there to gain some fame. didn't work though

BG MLOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BG MLOCO » April 19th, 2004, 8:31 am

LL IS COOL IS ONE OF THE GREATS BUT BIG IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME.

Blues
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Blues » April 19th, 2004, 7:11 pm

Esham is my fav rapper ov all time!

Oh and to Casper,All Day Every day was from SCC

You meant to say Real Brothas right?

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » April 19th, 2004, 7:26 pm

Never even heard an esham song. Only time I ever heard of him was he was interviewed in some rap magazine whining like a little girl. No diss to you blues, just it was really pathetic. He was complaining about how Eminem stole his style and then made it big, and how Em should've helped him out becasue he was from Detroit and without Esham there would be no Em. thought it was kinda petty. that's all he talked about in his whole interview. Saw an album of his one time in the store but it looked like some wierdo shi-.

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » April 19th, 2004, 10:06 pm

aint no use Argueing who we think is better yall.. personal preference homies..

TAADOW
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TAADOW » May 5th, 2004, 8:33 pm

TUPAC is one brother who was poetic..and an incredible rapper..Surely by far the BEST....

i love the SNOOP from old..when he joined the no limit camp it was over..then he starting sounding like farell after the beautiful song..
He shoulda stayd with his Gangster roots..

EAZY E....My tru nigguh!

ICE CUBE!!!

Regardless of Dre or whoever i think it should remain that at least they showed us people around the world wtf was happening in L.A.

I saw Ice Cube WC,Cypress hill when they did a concert here in 1994...
That concert was of the hook,i still remember it in detail..i would never forget it..DJ Looney Tunes Big Tom..daym phat!But no Sen Dog,as he caught a flu or soemthing...
Funny thing The Po po like surrounded the concert at the end,cuhz alot of gang members turned up....but yeah FK The Police was a loud as song after teh concert.

pimpsmooth420
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by pimpsmooth420 » May 5th, 2004, 9:58 pm

rakim

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » May 6th, 2004, 4:09 pm

pimpsmooth420 wrote:rakim

Agree he was nasty.

omack
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by omack » May 6th, 2004, 8:01 pm

I don't think you can say who's the greatest.

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » May 7th, 2004, 12:27 am

omack wrote:I don't think you can say who's the greatest.
yo this is true.. its all personal .. i agree

Beef
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Beef » May 7th, 2004, 8:27 am

I like wc, eight, spice 1, thats what i grew up listening too...im all about the west...but i also think scareface and rza have some sick skills

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » May 7th, 2004, 2:13 pm

omack wrote:I don't think you can say who's the greatest.
Agree cause I think a lot of rappers was the greatest at there time, and to judge the ones with the old school rap is not fare. Cause things has changed and lyric wise and word play has changed they step it up everytime. But there are still a hand full who stand out from the rest.

Light_skin_boi
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Light_skin_boi » May 25th, 2004, 12:55 am

I have to say TUPAC was the greatest !!!