50-cent is a Great Rapper

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
Cosme

50-cent is a Great Rapper

Unread post by Cosme » July 14th, 2003, 6:02 pm

:twisted: c.jackson is the best rapper actually. 8) :lol:

whitekid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

tfsadgsd

Unread post by whitekid » July 14th, 2003, 6:48 pm

50 cent is no way the best rapper.

thesoulsedge
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

50 Cent///Prison

Unread post by thesoulsedge » July 23rd, 2003, 6:13 am

50 is the hottest rapper...not the best rapper. Can 50 outrap Cannibis or Em? No. But 50 has the best beats, the best image and some pretty good rap game.

By the way, here is a rap/poem I wrote. Any feedback/criticism would be appreciated so that I can grow as a writer and thinker:

PRISON

Children pick cotton
In a democracy rotten,
Jail cells lockin,
Young black men forgotten.

Teachers say slavery's old
And while that lie is told
White wardens stroll
In the new American slave hold.

It’s been a long hard trip
And we’re still on the wooden slave ship.

akaiser

Re: 50-cent ,bra.

Unread post by akaiser » July 26th, 2003, 7:49 pm

I think that 50 cent is the hottest rapper right now. He does have great beats, and his rhymes are awesome. I hear he isn't the greatest at freestyling, but his songs that he spends time writing are well thought out and catchy. It doesn't matter if he can't freestyle, as long as his real songs are good.

Snowman
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Snowman » August 30th, 2003, 8:31 am

50 cen't raps are actually quite crap. Only the production on his tunes is good, and the lyrics are not. Let's be honest, who can honestly say that you remmeber his tunes from the lyrics. Almost every single tune on 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' sounds the same.

He has this gangsta image but all those tats on him were obviously put on him AFTER he got pumped up. If he really was a gangbanger he would have been tatted way before he started working out, and the tatts will be all stretched.

Quite simply, he is just riding Eminem and Dre's ticket. In a few years, he would have gone the same way as Mace.

sexy365
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sexy365 » November 13th, 2003, 7:59 am

50 cent ain't the best rapper, never wil be. he can take bullets but lets all see if he can take some real hits. then we'll see who the best rapper is.

ur_babys_step_mom

Unread post by ur_babys_step_mom » December 27th, 2003, 10:27 pm

50 aint nothin special just an overhyped artist, yea some of his songs and beats are kool but theres nothing unique about his style hes just another artist in the industry right now and so wat if hes taken a couple bullets in the hood shots are always fired and if u get hit ur just another person that got caught up...nothin special

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: 50-cent is a Great Rapper

Unread post by Noog » January 9th, 2004, 9:42 am

Soundbite from London -

I call 50 Cent 25 Pence, (In the pub!). The last guy is right, he got shot, why does that represent credibility? Anybody can get shot, wrong place, wrong time...does that make them any more 'real' than those of us who 9thank God) have never been shot? It's BS my Americam friends, 50 Cent is shite - his lyrics are weak, empty, going no-where, the future of hip hop I do not think!. Following Puff Daddy, or what does he call himself now. P Diddy, or is that Piss Diddy, 50 Cent is trying to kill hip hop - oh no! Compare his lyrics to those of say, Dead Prez or old school stuff like KRS1, or Public Enemy. Someome give him a job to suit him, an extra or something. Even better, he'd go down well as a stripper in a gay club, the crowd'd go wild man!

Love hip hop, hate the commercial hip pop who dumb the art down - 50 especially. Shame his lisp wasn't more extreme really....

Wanna hear evolving beats and fire power ryhmes? Listen to Dizzee Rascal, from East London, now he going places....sounds like musical armagedeon...now thats real, thats real!

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » January 9th, 2004, 9:45 am

Soundbite from London -

I call 50 Cent 25 Pence, (In the pub!). The last guy is right, he got shot, why does that represent credibility? Anybody can get shot, wrong place, wrong time...does that make them any more 'real' than those of us who 9thank God) have never been shot? It's BS my Americam friends, 50 Cent is shite - his lyrics are weak, empty, going no-where, the future of hip hop I do not think!. Following Puff Daddy, or what does he call himself now. P Diddy, or is that Piss Diddy, 50 Cent is trying to kill hip hop - oh no! Compare his lyrics to those of say, Dead Prez or old school stuff like KRS1, or Public Enemy. Someome give him a job to suit him, an extra or something. Even better, he'd go down well as a stripper in a gay club, the crowd'd go wild man!

Love hip hop, hate the commercial hip pop who dumb the art down - 50 especially. Shame his lisp wasn't more extreme really....

Wanna hear evolving beats and fire power ryhmes? Listen to Dizzee Rascal, from East London, now he going places....sounds like musical armagedeon...now thats real, thats real!

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » January 9th, 2004, 9:48 am

Soundbite from London -

By the way, your poetry is good Mr soulsedge, miles better than 50....

Sheeklouchdblock
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Sheeklouchdblock » January 12th, 2004, 12:49 am

50 Cent is talented but he's a sucka...Believe it or not but He IS a Snitch...If you notice in most his songs he mentions gangsters names and #$%^ they did, and thats a No No in the Streets, That could get a "I will get banned" in trouble, He's really a Character.....He went from A Regular Rapper then switched to The Gangter lifestyle and now he is on some Jewelry Soft @#$%.........

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » January 12th, 2004, 1:11 pm

Can anyone else speculate on those marketing meetings about how to maximize profits with the latest trend charts on the overhead and 50 cent's people discussing how to further transform and cross over to improve margins? Lol..

ur_babys_step_mom

Unread post by ur_babys_step_mom » January 12th, 2004, 8:06 pm

wcrockets wrote:Can anyone else speculate on those marketing meetings about how to maximize profits with the latest trend charts on the overhead and 50 cent's people discussing how to further transform and cross over to improve margins? Lol..
......$ money $

looney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looney » January 13th, 2004, 9:51 pm

who ever says 50 is a great rapper is lying anyone can sell 1 million copies of their album i'm sick of hearing him on tv and the radio... that bucktooth rabbit needs to get his teeth fixed i'll teach 50 how to stunt with his beaver looking a$$ 2 pac is a great rapper

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » January 23rd, 2004, 10:07 am

Hey, heres a thing - 50 Cent has a tune called 'Wanksta' right? You may not know that in the UK, we have a word 'wanker', which means 'a person who masterbates a lot'! Wanker is used in the same way as, for example, f***er. So when 50 is singing about wankstas, does he mean serial masterbators, or is he referring to his own style?

style
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by style » January 24th, 2004, 12:00 am

wanksters=people who dont bang but act like they're hard.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » February 3rd, 2004, 10:49 am

Right, me got it. So is 50 a wanker and a wanksta? Does he think he's hard, act hard, try to look hard, but really he can't wait to go slap his thang?

Blues
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Blues » February 3rd, 2004, 10:10 pm

Look LOL!

50 cent calls people "Wankstas" because they try to act like gangsters

And our(USA)way of calling people "Wankers" is usually fake gang

members,punk braggers or wannabees.

50 is more of a wanker that brags about his so called G reputation

And hes acting like a wanksta,because he thinks hes still in the

hood,pumpin crack and all that!And thats what kills me about this fool!

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » February 4th, 2004, 5:42 am

Yeah man, and have any of yall seen his new video? Goddamn! Who the f is he trying to fool saying he can take on all these yakuza, italian, russian and all those organized crime empires. Man, I hate his shit. It's fake as hell. I'd be ashamed if I were him and spending my time rappin about BS subjects like that.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » February 4th, 2004, 2:03 pm

Capo I feel ya dog.
Like let me break it down

50 cent- below average rapper. under aftermath/shady got shot 9 times
Overrated, his g unit crew is wack(besides Llyod Banks)Banks would eat 50 up no problem.
but look
My man is lucky he got shot, cause that shit helped him out alot, the media feeds off that shit. The females love him. maybe cause of his physical appearance or because he got shot. or because the media is portraying him as the best rapper(NEVER)
Listen, have you seen B.E.T or any other urban video programs. They play the same shit all the fuckin time. and 50 is in heavy rotation. Nowadays labels dont care about hip hop culture. they only care about pushin major units.
You never see any real artist getting played regularly. and it makes me sick.
i'll tip my hat to 50 still. like he played his cards right. but i see it in different ways. Look at him now. Ontop of the world all eyes on him. and what is he doing with this time. nothin, jus loading our radio's and tv's with the same repetitive shit, he aint helpin the game, he aint bringing up talented cats in his hood,city,state,country. Nothin at all.
Jus him and his. and I cant blame him still. but damn it seems like niggas are jus greedy these days
all i see is love songs with RnB singers on hooks. hey, theres no problem in making love songs(cause we all need it), but put some heart in it. have u seen that murphy lee shit. Ridiculous. and we got the Club shit. hey now, everyone loves going to clubs. but who goes to the club every day in a month. No one.
but thats all i hear.
I may sound like a hater....well fuck i dont give a shit. i wanna hear some real cats. remember back in the day. we had so many genre's of hip hop opened up for the public to see.
now we only got one.
POP
and i see the SAME CATS ON BET ALL THE FUCKIN TIME.(lil jon, b2k jay z,outkast,.........etc) nothin changes

the game is very female influenced. niggas be makin tracks for the ladies.(cause most of the time some bitches jus dont care, and listen to the same shit over and over. need to expand they chicken head minds)

and how many times have you heard rappers talkin about there crew in every bar. eg fat joe and Terror squad. or Busta rhymes and flip mode.
How come y'all niggas neva bring up your Nigs?
why u always got them in the shadows?
Fuckin punks
anywayz im out

to blaze a big head....1

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » February 6th, 2004, 10:05 am

He he, blazin the chung bro, I hear you, burn and relax bro. AND I back what you said. Cummon, theres more out there than pop...I just cant find the cutting edge....part from Dead Prez and our British hip hop soundz comin outta East London...real grimy stuff...musical armagedeon...mashed up beats to set yer head on fire....

STREETGANG111
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by STREETGANG111 » February 12th, 2004, 11:43 am

`
Last edited by STREETGANG111 on March 22nd, 2004, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blues
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Blues » February 12th, 2004, 7:08 pm

.................?

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » February 12th, 2004, 7:36 pm

no he is not

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » February 13th, 2004, 9:34 am

What the f----! whats this....he's good, no he's not, oh yes he is, oh no he's not...f-uckin rubbish flow...non of you lot will ever be rappers man, you got no flow...you gotta comment, make it funny at least or have a f-uckin opinion....this is pure dull....just like 50....

omack
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by omack » February 13th, 2004, 10:59 am

Yea, 50 is way hyped and not doing anything that hasn't been done before. So, as far as the gangster image goes, I don't really trip offa that stuff because I realized a while ago that it's entertainment. None of these rappers are still hustling or doing dirt - anyone in the mainstream, anyway.

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » February 13th, 2004, 11:29 am

omack wrote:Yea, 50 is way hyped and not doing anything that hasn't been done before. So, as far as the gangster image goes, I don't really trip offa that stuff because I realized a while ago that it's entertainment. None of these rappers are still hustling or doing dirt - anyone in the mainstream, anyway.
yes some of them are buddy

lewis503
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lewis503 » February 15th, 2004, 4:28 am

50 is kno "wanker" he could prolly pull any trick he's wants.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » March 1st, 2004, 10:57 am

For God sake, stop this crap! Bored to death my friends, enough! Last word - breast implants. Need I say more.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » March 1st, 2004, 4:41 pm

STREETGANG111 wrote:50 Cent is hott right now. I like 50 he's up there with 2 Pac & Biggie.

Man dont ever put 50 in the same sentence as the two great ones!! 50 is on top cause of young niggas who dont know 50 pimping yall to buy his cd. LOL Yall fell for his trap thinking he all gangsta, dont get me wrong he got some nice songs but Jay-z still was the man with the best lyrics hands down.

looney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looney » March 2nd, 2004, 4:12 pm

like i said who ever said 50 cent is a great rapper is a fool for saying that crap

Blues
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Blues » March 3rd, 2004, 6:30 pm

Noog wrote:For God sake, stop this crap! Bored to death my friends, enough! Last word - breast implants. Need I say more.
There goes that European comedy for ya!Naw but fo real though,50 is not
a great rapper,yet he got some kind of pizzazz over me or somethin,i'll
fade off sooner or later though.