DMX Dissin The West Coast

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
Hell
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

DMX Dissin The West Coast

Unread post by Hell » April 9th, 2007, 9:29 am

Rapper DMX, who recently finished 2 films and signed onto another was featured in a newspaper that just surfaced, where he opens up and doesn't hold back his tongue for his dislike for westcoast hip hop music. X made clear that he appreciated and respected the talent back in his native home in New York more than he did out in the west, where he currently resides. X claimed NY rappers talked about real issues and struggles, while westcoast music is about being laid back and lacking hardship. X mentioned The Game's name as a reference to a westcoast rapper that he could relate to due to his New York flavor. X said that he was able to respect him for that and couldn't really think of anyone else out west besides him that he could respect for that.

In a quote from Ventura County Star, X was reported as stating, "I don't like a lot of West Coast rappers. West Coast rap is too laid back, too focused on marijuana with all the blunts and lowriders. There's nothing honest. There's no trouble in it, you know? There's no hardship in it. Everyone in L.A. that raps has a lowrider and a fat blunt. Back here in New York, we're still walkin' and still smokin' dirt, you know? There's no hardship in their rap, there's nothin' to make you say, ‘I can relate to that."[/quote]

http://www.streethop.com/forum/article173878.html

rustone
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by rustone » April 9th, 2007, 9:45 am

FUCK YO POINT IS????????

That shit is REAL TALK..

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 9th, 2007, 11:35 am

:lol: :lol: @In a quote from Ventura County Star, X was reported as stating, "I don't like a lot of West Coast rappers. West Coast rap is too laid back, too focused on marijuana with all the blunts and lowriders. There's nothing honest. There's no trouble in it, you know? There's no hardship in it. Everyone in L.A. that raps has a lowrider and a fat blunt.

areefce
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by areefce » April 9th, 2007, 11:45 am

i really dont care what that crackhead has tosay about the west

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by YO-B » April 9th, 2007, 1:02 pm

he wasnt dissing the west tho. but i was listening 2 some dmx 2-day. (get at me dog) , ( ruff ryders).

areefce
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by areefce » April 9th, 2007, 1:58 pm

YO-B wrote:he wasnt dissing the west tho. but i was listening 2 some dmx 2-day. (get at me dog) , ( ruff ryders).
you are right i just re read it. i like some of his stuff.the great depression was good.that i miss you some breaks me down

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by YO-B » April 9th, 2007, 4:51 pm

areefce wrote:
YO-B wrote:he wasnt dissing the west tho. but i was listening 2 some dmx 2-day. (get at me dog) , ( ruff ryders).
you are right i just re read it. i like some of his stuff.the great depression was good.that i miss you some breaks me down
yeah but 2 bad we can't rewind it back 2 the ruff ryder days, when everybody was poppin wheelies and shit

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by LcBwC » April 9th, 2007, 7:05 pm

To each man his own. I dont agree with what he is saying, but at the same time...if your not from a region your not going to understand everything that that region is bringing to the table.
:lol: no hardships...get the hell outta here. Just cuz its not the hardships hes used to, doesnt mean theres no hardships at all.

Trav
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: the Bottom

Unread post by Trav » April 9th, 2007, 7:10 pm

Its just as grimey and hard in Cali as it is in the East, its just the gang structure out on the west is what niggaz on the east don't really understand and don't know how real it is. But X better be careful before them niggaz give him heads up.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 9th, 2007, 8:01 pm

dmx is supposed to be raised on the west..out in arizona,his show that was on he was reppin it....i always thought he was a junkee from baltimore that moved to yonkers but hes a westcoast head who doesnt rep it

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 9th, 2007, 8:36 pm

The westcoast doesnt rap about hardship?

Come on!

Police brutality, riots, gang banging, all that is west.

Just because someone doesnt live in a 20 story tenement doesnt mean they dont have it hard

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » April 9th, 2007, 8:51 pm

SEE DIS IS the TYPE OF SH*T that STARTED the WHOLE EAST-WEST WAR BACCC IN the DAY... NOW CHECCC IT OUT IF U ASK ME DMX WANTED TO BE WESTCOAST SO BAD HE HATE ON US.... LOOK AT HIS WHOLE PERSONA ITS LIKE PAC FROM the SHAVED HEAD, TAT's, WIFEBEATERS, OLD ENGLISH ON the ALBUM TO BEIN DARK ALL that COMES FROM the WEST COAST...FROM PAC TO BONE THUGS(EVEN THO THEY MIDWEST GOTTA WEST COAST STYLE), EAZY E, ETC ETC AND WHEN that WASNT WORKIN FOR HIM NO MO' AND HE DOIN DESE CLUB SONGS AND REALITY SHOWS IN ALL that IT DONT SEEM LIKE HE STRUGGLIN AT ALL...I HONESTLY THINK HIS HATRED IS ENVY

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » April 9th, 2007, 8:53 pm

BUT WHO COULD REALLY TAKE A NIGGA DATS SMOKIN HIS OWN SH*T AND ON REALITY SHOWS ANY WAY???

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » April 9th, 2007, 8:59 pm

POINT PROVEN NOW YOU SEE HOW MUCH X(AND COMPANY ON the WEST COAST DI***)

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » April 9th, 2007, 9:03 pm

Qdawg wrote:dmx is supposed to be raised on the west..out in arizona,his show that was on he was reppin it....i always thought he was a junkee from baltimore that moved to yonkers but hes a westcoast head who doesnt rep it
Nah Q, DMX is from Yonkers, grew up in the School Street pjs. He was born in The Vernon though, moved to Y.O. as a youth. The way it was
told to me, he went to B'More with Wah and Dee back in their hustlin'
days. Either way, I hope he aint come out his face like that.

BuCCyBlue
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BuCCyBlue » April 9th, 2007, 9:12 pm

Man FhuCC That CraCCHead Ass Nigga the WEST Is back

COMING SOON!!!

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 9th, 2007, 9:15 pm

YO-B wrote:
areefce wrote:
yeah but 2 bad we can't rewind it back 2 the ruff ryder days, when everybody was poppin wheelies and shit
hahaha

good point

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 9th, 2007, 9:16 pm

[quote="ManifestTruth"][quote="Qdawg"]dmx is supposed to be raised on the west..out in arizona,his show that was on he was reppin it....i always thought he was a junkee from baltimore that moved to yonkers but hes a westcoast head who doesnt rep it[/quote]

Nah Q, DMX is from Yonkers, grew up in the School Street pjs. He was born in The Vernon though, moved to Y.O. as a youth. The way it was
days. Either way, I hope he aint come out his face like that.[/quote]

oh ok@hes from westchester county...wonder why on his show he was like this is where im from arizona going around his old hood,radio stations was like welcome home x...he was speaking on lowriders on them comments but on his show he was chilling with mexicans low riding in az.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 9th, 2007, 9:17 pm

thats a creative cover buccy

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 9th, 2007, 9:17 pm

Qdawg wrote:
ManifestTruth wrote:
Qdawg wrote:dmx is supposed to be raised on the west..out in arizona,his show that was on he was reppin it....i always thought he was a junkee from baltimore that moved to yonkers but hes a westcoast head who doesnt rep it
days. Either way, I hope he aint come out his face like that.
oh ok@hes from westchester county...wonder why on his show he was like this is where im from arizona going around his old hood,radio stations was like welcome home x...he was speaking on lowriders on them comments but on his show he was chilling with mexicans low riding in az.
LOL @ DMX Flip flopping

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » April 9th, 2007, 9:49 pm

dmx never said niggaz dont live hard. he said theres no hardship in their rap to make niggaz really relate to it, which is pretty true NY does it better in that sense, but even like NWA back in the day, no matter how grimey the shit they talkin bout theres still a sense of like f*ck it isal good noone gives a fuck thats jus how it is on the west coast but east coast shit is like muhf*ckers are never satisfied they always b*tchin bout somethin

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » April 9th, 2007, 10:03 pm

It seem like most NY rappers just rap about how much money they have though. Which ones beside DMX rap real dark? Most of the top rappers (West Coast too) brag more than they talk about deep shit or hardship.

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » April 10th, 2007, 1:25 am

cocaine is a hell of a drug

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 10th, 2007, 1:17 pm

[quote="WIP"]cocaine is a hell of a drug[/quote]

:lol: :lol:

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » April 10th, 2007, 3:27 pm

i dono wtf yall is sayin west coast rappers proly talk buot the hard more than east coast rappers do

2pac ( we all know bout him)

u ever heard Games album westcoast ressurection i think it was that one he expressed his hardships growin up shit hit u to the fuckin heart (wether he lyin or not) especialy promised land

ice cube talks buot the hard ship
SCC talk buot it
dresta and Knocc out talk buot it
CBo
Brotha lynch does too
mc eiht does to
my old schoo bay area brothaz talk buot it none stop
ray luv
mac mall ( ghetto theme, Get rite)
big syke
young lay
askari X
DJ quik
much more

they even get deeper than East coast brothaz

but DMX is pretty deep i cant knock that off'em but still shud think befo talkin..or talk befo sniffin

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 10th, 2007, 10:59 pm

Mcminister wrote:but DMX is pretty deep i cant knock that off'em but still shud think befo talkin..or talk befo sniffin
LMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » April 11th, 2007, 2:24 am

BuCCyBlue wrote:Man FhuCC That CraCCHead Ass Nigga the WEST Is back

COMING SOON!!!
Nice but i dont think u should use that as your main album release,

BuCCyBlue
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BuCCyBlue » April 11th, 2007, 7:59 pm