Above The Law

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music. Also included here are news worthy articles as it relates to music, musicians and the industry.
SpacerLoco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Above The Law

Unread post by SpacerLoco » July 23rd, 2003, 3:30 am

How many of ya'll are fans, Time Will Reveal is a classic to me, I love that album & still bump it regularly, many say Big Hutch invented G-Funk & Dre stole it off him.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Re: Above The Law

Unread post by bgcasper » July 23rd, 2003, 3:45 am

yeah ,their first album was good ,my favorite is uncle sam curse ,that was g funk ... i 'v heard about ,they'v invented g funk with their album black mafia well they did contribute to what g funk is right now, but for me boostie collins ,clinton ,ohio players, zapp, barkays, are the one who'v builted the g funk foundations ,and quik ,toddy t , pg13 ,and other fox from those days did a lot 4 g funk ,remember that band called south central possi in the '' we all in the same gang'' record those guys were dope mc looney ,its a shame that they did only one track...

vt
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by vt » July 23rd, 2003, 7:15 am

i like there album livin like hustlers that is there first album, i also like legends, kokane drop his solo album, he is from Above the Law....

SpacerLoco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpacerLoco » July 23rd, 2003, 1:00 pm

There albums are hard to find here, but hopefully when I have the money, Ima get some more. Shame they never got to release an album on Deathrow.

Unread post by Guest » July 24th, 2003, 6:34 am

ONE OF MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE SONGS THAT I BUMP IN MY '86 SS MONTE CARLO IS "BLACK SUPERMAN" NI99AZ CAN'T stuff WHEN IM BUMPIN THAT HITTIN CORNERS.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » July 24th, 2003, 8:00 am

black superman is the best of their songs ,that was on uncle sam curse album ...

the-answer

Unread post by the-answer » July 24th, 2003, 12:58 pm

casper is right.. it's their best song..
who ride feat. kokane is tight too..

DOH
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DOH » July 24th, 2003, 1:21 pm

best album is black mafia life, best song is V.S.O.P.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » July 25th, 2003, 2:30 pm

I think Uncle Sam's Curse was their dopest album. Each cut on there was sick. Uncle Sam's Curse, Everything Will Be Allright, Gangsta Madness...they got some deep stuff. They just never ever broke down and did any radio-friendly cuts. Strictly street record, and only a certain crowd can feel what they are doing. Livin' Like Hustler's was a classic too. Big Hutch, KMG, Total KOSS...definitely some West Coast Hip Hop legends...

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » July 25th, 2003, 9:58 pm

i agree with you dusty ,uncle sam curse was the classic and livin' like hutler was dope ,remember its just another execution ....we use to ride on our enemies with that track lololol the bangin' days lol

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » July 29th, 2003, 9:21 am

Ahh Casper...

I don't know bout' yall down in the "Eastside South of Compton", but after hearing "do you wanna go to the liquor store" for an 8-ball and some Cisco...we'd tear it up by gettin too "Gangsta Gangsta" on the street, particularly in the Rampart area...it was on til the break of dawn...LOL.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » July 29th, 2003, 10:02 am

lol eric did put compton on the rap map ... that nwa str8 outa compton album was the album of a generation ...

PREACH
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PREACH » July 11th, 2005, 2:04 am

ANYBODY GOT THE NEW BIG HUTCH SOLO ALBUM?

sealivin
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by sealivin » July 14th, 2005, 3:33 pm

yeah i got 'live from the ghetto', it's pretty hype man, the track "lyrical murda" is off the chain. Oh yeah, he did a remake of C Mayfield's "give me yo love" that's whats up man those are my two favorite tracks. Hutch got that smooth flow and voice, i love smokin to this nigga's artwork.

I like Exec Descions better however, that album is classic to me. FREE HUTCH

check out http://www.northern-ridaz.com and go to albums/2004 and you can listen to the whole album there. Stay alive
peace.

Return to “Music and News”