92 to 96 the G FUNK ERA

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

92 to 96 the G FUNK ERA

Unread post by bgcasper » July 23rd, 2003, 12:22 pm

its a topic for all my niggaz who use to love that sound i want yall to post your ten top g funk songs :
1ain't no fun ...snoop album doggystle it was a classic !
2summer breeze dj quik safe and sound a bomb
3summertime in the lbc dove shack
4hold on bg 4clips eclipse album may he kelly in peace
5east side long beach twinz album conversation
6let me ride extended mix dr dre the chronic in one of the single
7real mudafuccin' g eazy e its on dre 187 album the video was a legend
8scc hood got me feeling the pain ,tales from the hood
9indo smoke warren g mister grim ,poetic justice
10drs scoundrel get lonely too
i will put another play list later cause there is too many stuff to put , did somebody know were we can download mp3 since napster is out ?

vt
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: 92 to 96 the G FUNK ERA

Unread post by vt » July 23rd, 2003, 12:34 pm

haha bg.casper you done named some dope shh.
but i'll just name some, the above the rim soundtrack that dogg pound song, big pimpin nate dogg sang " i was at the park one day, that's when i saw her face she was lookin cavy to me, but when i take her for and tape that a$$ i'm gone i'm jus a dogg dont' blame me", tupac the song Pain from the above the rim, 2nd to if you want it then i got it if you need it baby i'll be it/ if you want it come and rub it/cuz there something i should let you know ho.. Warren G's feat.the twinz Reconize, D.J. Quik on the way to fonky album i foget the name of the song but the chorus they say dollar bill ya'll, Hi-c leave my curl alone, amg b!tch betta have my money, much more i'll have to get back at this one, thinkin about back in the day, now i need to go get me a 40oz of 8-ball...hahaha

whitekid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whitekid » July 23rd, 2003, 12:38 pm

Casper you can download kazza lite with no pop ups or anything its really good and i have the real muthfucking gz video on my site

get kazza lite at http://doa2.host.sk/

vt
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by vt » July 23rd, 2003, 12:54 pm

alright, then there's W.C song you are the one, and WestUP, Ice Cube song Friday/steady mobbin, D.J.Quik Tonight/born and raised in Compton/Sweet Black Coochie, Warren G's regulate (i can relate to that song personally), Gangsta Lean-DRS, NWA's Alwayz into something, Eazy-E's 187um Dre album-down to that last roach, D.J. Quik Jus Lyke compton,
2nd to none's more than a player, Who got some Gangsta Shh-off the murder was the Case soundtrack,

whitekid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whitekid » July 23rd, 2003, 12:59 pm

Regulate is classic i got it right here beside me

SpacerLoco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpacerLoco » July 23rd, 2003, 1:04 pm

whitekid wrote:Regulate is classic i got it right here beside me
Yeah I have that, the remix & the video!

vt
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by vt » July 23rd, 2003, 1:09 pm

i wish i had cable/satellite something back then, i didn't have no way to see video's unless i went to my homies cribs, but the W.C. video to you are the one, was the first time i ever saw anybody c-walkin

vt
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by vt » July 23rd, 2003, 1:58 pm

i need to quit postin so much, but anyway's the Daz song "in california" was tight, Jayo Felony song "the loc is on his own", Mack-10 "on them thangs", Mack-10 and the dogg pound- nothin but the cavi-the show soundtrack, this song was off the keke loco album and the i'm bout it soundtrack i don't know who sung it but it goes like this- i'll ride for homie die and cry for you homie my one and only, ride for you cause i don't give a f**k I know you'll do the same for me to cause that homie luv, time after time i done had to grab my nine for you homie my one and only, nate dogg song never leave me alone and one of his other song was off either the gridlock soundtrack or the gang related soundtrack the chorus- these days you gotta be strapped, i'm already know 'n' aint nobody got my back, these days you gotta be down who said it was easy claimin dogg pound...alright peace

Ricky
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Ricky » July 23rd, 2003, 5:08 pm

the G-funk i like is Twinz - Round & Round, First Round Draft Pick, Summertime in LBC, Warren G - You Don't see what i see lol Aint no fun

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » July 23rd, 2003, 9:14 pm

thanks white kid ...above the rim started all that serious g funk stuff it was all dope ,yes the dogg pound big pimpin' lol that was a classic and dj quik first album was a classic too...nate dogg did a good first album ,never leave me alone was dope i had the video ...and the song called g-funk from nate dogg was real...about mac 10 do anybody know why all mexicans wanna kill him now? every mexican i see they say fuck mag 1h0e there is a band called old town mafia its slow pain remember the baby og ? they have a track fuc- mag 10?

whitekid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whitekid » July 23rd, 2003, 9:55 pm

the relative made a song called fuck mack 10 also

Ricky
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Ricky » July 23rd, 2003, 11:33 pm

n199as and mexican's wanna buCK MaCK 10 B-Kuz he's faker than fake nobody in the whole BLOOD nation i know and chop it up with respect's maCK 10 he makes being a BLOOD look real sloppy and that's why The Relatives was Gettin at him.

Unread post by Guest » July 24th, 2003, 6:30 am

FIRST OFF I DON'T THINK MACK 10 IS MAKIN BLOODS LOOK SLOPPY HE JUST AIN'T DO A LOT OF THE STUFF HE SAYS HE DID, I MEAN I HAVE HEARD OF HIM PUTTIN IN WORK FOR QUEEN STREET, BUT HE WASN'T NO BIG TIME DRUG DEALER LIKE HE SAYS HE WAS, BECAUSE I KNOW A COUPLE OF OG'S FROM INGLEWOOD AND THEY SAID MACK 10 WAS A LOUD BAD AZZ NI99A. BESIDES THAT 92'-96' WAS TIGHT IN RAP MUSIC ON LIKE THIS WATER DOWN stuff NOW, ONE PERSON YALL FORGOT WAS MY NI99A KAM FIRST ALBUM "NEVA BACK".

vt
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by vt » July 24th, 2003, 6:40 am

i don't know what happened about Mack-10, I know about the The Relativez dissin him I didn't know about slow pain homeboys gettin at him, but he just released a new album, on tuesday called Gutter,Gangsta, and Ghetto, or something like that, and B-Braze is on that album...???

vt
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by vt » July 24th, 2003, 8:33 am

I also liked Ice-T= the songs Original Gangster, New Jack Hustler, and Colors ( i'am a nightmare walkin/psycho path talkin)..

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » July 25th, 2003, 12:46 pm

Them mexicans is after mack 10 because he said that mexicans could'nt rap and they need to give it up.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » July 25th, 2003, 10:08 pm

ok ... thanks ghost ...he is fuc--king stupid ,mexicans use to buy his records ,i mean its stupid to dis a whole race ,wich is a majority here in cali ...?fuuckk- mag 10 anyway ,the funny thing is that he looks half mexican .speaking of mexican they had some nice chicanos rappers back in those days ,like frost low rider was nice and that track on a sunday afternoon from lighter shade of brown they had a dope album out in 94 ''layin' in the cut'' one track on that album was really dope it was thing ain't the same ...

Fre$h
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Fre$h » July 26th, 2003, 5:19 am

Man, hell yea L.S.O.B. was dope. One of my favorite tracks off that "Layin In The Cut" album was "Dip Into My Ride", you can cruise to that shit all damn day. Frost had some real nice songs out back in the day. A couple of my favorite tracks of his were "No Sunshine" and "East Side Rendezvous", from the "East Side Story" and "Smile Now, Die Later" albums, respectively. As far as "G-Funk" goes...like what has already been said on another thread "Black Superman" from A.T.L. is one of the dopest songs to come out of the west coast from that time, in my opinion. Also, "Still A Nigga" from Eazy's last album "It's On" is still on heavy rotation.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » July 28th, 2003, 11:36 am

deep into my ride a classic ,the original version is ''attitude'' from a legendary band called bar kays ,i think nate dog last album was all wack exept 2 songs ,the nigga ain't down no more , he went hollywood like most of his homies from the clown ,who remember k-dee ass gas or cash lololol that was al smooth ,and a song ''true og'' mr malvin and static ...

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » August 6th, 2003, 6:42 am

the majors are controled by the east coast and east coast ain't about gang culture and they ain't lay back so we need to boycot the east put heats on hip hop radio djs (most of them ain't from the hood )and suport our independant artist that are existing ,here's a list of guys that are doing g funk like in the good old days ,gangsta laid back :

brownzville :
they samoan dogs from carson and the title breezin' is a classic

doc cee :
compton ex piru but he don't set trip he got a good album out

daddy v :
compton crips he got an album and a video out ,nice

foesum:
long beach they have 2 album out the new one just came out this year

deesta dee :
from NFL ridaz got an album out with laid back g funk tracks

i know some more but they sound east so i don't suport they ass ....

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » August 6th, 2003, 3:33 pm

willihen
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by willihen » August 6th, 2003, 9:33 pm

gotta love KAM, "Peace Treaty"

Kab
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Kab » September 7th, 2003, 10:50 am

willihen wrote:gotta love KAM, "Peace Treaty"
I loved " drama ".

bree
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by bree » September 14th, 2003, 10:27 am

what about Above the Law....dang i feel old...i loves the song deep az the root off legends. just in general really like them when it come to that g-funk.

willihen
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by willihen » September 14th, 2003, 10:54 am

Good call, Kab!

ya_know

Unread post by ya_know » September 14th, 2003, 1:24 pm

bgCASPER wrote:the majors are controled by the east coast and east coast ain't about gang culture and they ain't lay back so we need to boycot the east put heats on hip hop radio djs (most of them ain't from the hood )and suport our independant artist that are existing ,here's a list of guys that are doing g funk like in the good old days ,gangsta laid back :

brownzville :
they samoan dogs from carson and the title breezin' is a classic

doc cee :
compton ex piru but he don't set trip he got a good album out

daddy v :
compton crips he got an album and a video out ,nice

foesum:
long beach they have 2 album out the new one just came out this year

deesta dee :
from NFL ridaz got an album out with laid back g funk tracks

i know some more but they sound east so i don't suport they ass ....

the long awaited 213 album is in the works, but it seems like snoop is fuckin it up with his eastcoast connections like he did with his last album.

dj skratch is funky too...

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » September 15th, 2003, 10:24 am

yes warren g is a g funk figure but his last album was ok but if you remember his first shit was the bomb and the twinz album was a legend do you know about twinz second shyt ? and foesum last album foefather i couldn't find it i went to compton vip and compton swamp meet in both the coreen and the chicanos store but they didn't have it so i went to del amo swamp meet but nothing ...ya-know you seems to be down with the tru west coast g funk sound ... that good , were you from ?

ya_know

Unread post by ya_know » September 15th, 2003, 12:24 pm

visit http://www.foesum.com to get foefathers. they send me a signed copy a while back. for more gfunk sounds...just visit my website over at http://www.gfunk-era.com.

btw...Mr. X and Prophets of Rage got some real smooth gfunk shit out you should check.

ya_know

Unread post by ya_know » September 15th, 2003, 12:30 pm

bgCASPER wrote:do you know about twinz second shyt ?
they never released a second album.
they are on daz´s DPG Recordz label now and working on some new stuff. they are also working with foesum to drop a collabo album sometime next year (if anything will works fine).

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » September 15th, 2003, 12:32 pm

thank ya know i know a homie who have mr x he is from black peace stone the jungle , his first cd was tight real smooth ...the prophet of rage have a title with minie riperton called back down memory lane i'm lookin' for it ...thanks anyway , i will visit your page , do you ever heard of 4 clips ?

ya_know

Unread post by ya_know » September 15th, 2003, 12:35 pm

bgCASPER wrote:you seems to be down with the tru west coast g funk sound
...the only sound that works for me

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » September 15th, 2003, 12:36 pm

thanks for the info , the chicano fat guy at del amo swap meet told me that he already listen to the twinz new shit and that was tight and really g funk