Who saw the Kimbo Slice fight?

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
SkoobyDoo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Who saw the Kimbo Slice fight?

Unread post by SkoobyDoo » November 11th, 2007, 11:12 am

yesterday on showtime. He knocked this guy out in 19 seconds.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » December 8th, 2007, 3:11 am

BAM!!! there goes the link........Im nice like that.
http://www.mmatko.com/kimbo-vs-bo-cantr ... -elite-xc/

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » December 8th, 2007, 3:14 am

Bo cantrell looked bitchmade in that fight.
how untrained streetfighters last longer against kimbo then him.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » December 11th, 2007, 3:07 am

Kimbo is gonna run into problems when he fights a guy with ground skills. He ain't been training that long, so I know his submission defense is suspect. Shit, if he had a gi on, I could tap him out my damn self!!! :shock: That's real talk!!!

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » December 11th, 2007, 5:23 am

since he is in EliteXC now it would be nice to see him against better talent like Antonio Silva,Ricco Rodriguez or just for fun "NINJA" RUA.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » December 11th, 2007, 1:39 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:since he is in EliteXC now it would be nice to see him against better talent like Antonio Silva,Ricco Rodriguez or just for fun "NINJA" RUA.
There's no way in the world that he would last two minutes against Silva. He might do better against Ricco only because Ricco is a fat slob now, but he is a BJJ Black Belt, so if he could take him down and submit him before he shoots his wad, I give him a chance. Ninja is too skilled, even though he is much smaller. That might be and interesting fight if Kimbo don't get kicked in the head.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » December 11th, 2007, 1:59 pm

creativemind wrote:
$outhPhillypuppet wrote:since he is in EliteXC now it would be nice to see him against better talent like Antonio Silva,Ricco Rodriguez or just for fun "NINJA" RUA.
There's no way in the world that he would last two minutes against Silva. He might do better against Ricco only because Ricco is a fat slob now, but he is a BJJ Black Belt, so if he could take him down and submit him before he shoots his wad, I give him a chance. Ninja is too skilled, even though he is much smaller. That might be and interesting fight if Kimbo don't get kicked in the head.
Kimbo is entertaining to watch in a YouTube phenom sort of sense but he'll never rank up there with the true talented HW's of the world. He would require endless training and given his age he'll never be more then what he is now, a glorified circus side show.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » December 11th, 2007, 3:01 pm

i just threw those names out just cuz they were also signed to EliteXC.
those are the guys i want him to fight but I'm guessing they're gonna put him up against Cabbage next unless they bring somebody else in.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » December 11th, 2007, 3:36 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:i just threw those names out just because they were also signed to EliteXC.
those are the guys i want him to fight but I'm guessing they're gonna put him up against Cabbage next unless they bring somebody else in.
I think it'd be great to see him fight a high level HW only for the sheer hilarity of it. I think his stock would drop extremely fast after he gets taken out in the first round. The dude can take a punch and he can give one but that's all we've seen so far and I doubt there's much more to him then that. I wouldn't mind seeing a big name take him on, I just don't see it because it wouldn't benefit a high level HW and it would certainly hurt Kimbo at this point in time.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » December 11th, 2007, 6:33 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:i just threw those names out just because they were also signed to EliteXC.
Cabbage would actually be a good fight for him at this time. Somebody who will stand and bang, plus Cabbage has been kayoed a few times, so he's got some wear and tear on him.

They really do better to keep him away from anybody with a well-rounded game because the fight would go to the ground and Kimbo would be submitted. The other one that I think might cool right now is Butterbean.. That would be funny.