Lakers vs. Celtics in the 2008 Finals

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Lakers vs. Celtics in the 2008 Finals

Unread post by clipse » June 9th, 2008, 9:52 am

AllhoodPublications wrote:just as the Lakers will win @ Staples Center...

if Boston wins one in L.A. then its a wrap... .
:lol:

AllhoodPublications wrote:if the lakers come out and win the next three.. .
not gonna happen.

AllhoodPublications wrote: i think 'momentum' as you say, will favor the lakers..

its pathetic.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » June 9th, 2008, 8:15 pm

Pau Gasol is either soft or Boston just handles him any way they want. Lakers played terrible defense on about 3 possessions which was 6 points they just gave away.

The Lakers need Game 3 4 and 5.

They can even possible get game 3 and 5 and go back to Boston down 3-2 and win 2 there.

I wonder if the bigger stronger Bynum was in the middle would that make a difference for the Lakers. I never realized how slow Gasol is.

clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by clipse » June 9th, 2008, 11:47 pm

alexalonso wrote:
The Lakers need Game 3 4 and 5.

alexalonso wrote:They can even possible get game 3 and 5 and go back to Boston down 3-2 and win 2 there.
wishful thinking
alexalonso wrote:I wonder if the bigger stronger Bynum was in the middle would that make a difference for the Lakers. I never realized how slow Gasol is.
nope, alot of people was saying how when the celts beat the lakers in the regular season how they didnt have gasol then and he would be the difference now. the excuses are becoming pathetic.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » June 10th, 2008, 10:31 am

Gasol is slow, he can't jump, AND he's soft. No surprises there.

Bynum would make a big difference, but he is still young and under the tootlage of Kareem so it is unreasonable to think they would beat Boston just based on Bynum playing. However, with Bynum at Center, and Odom and Gasol at Forward, it does give the lakers an edge. You would have Triple Towers... and very long arms for defense as well as rebounds...

It's weird how on all the news channels they are talking about the lakers are in big trouble, and how Boston may win the title while in Los Angeles... no one is speaking about how Boston couldn't win on the road in the playoffs.. and how the lakers were the best home team in the West... how quick people forget.. how quick people jump on the bandwaggon..

I would also like to mention that Kobe Bryant score 24 and 30 in 2 games where he looked terrible... imagine if and when he has a good game... he may go for 40 with 7 assist...

i honestly believe the lakers will win 2 at home, hopefully 3. but granted Boston wins one in Los Angeles I don't think the lakers can recover in Boston. Once again, the home teams have home court advantage, momentum, heart and enthuisiasm, and thats why we seen so many home teams win this post season. I don't expect that to change much.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » June 10th, 2008, 3:45 pm

Lakers are costing me a lot of money right now. Do or die tonight.

clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by clipse » June 10th, 2008, 4:43 pm

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/ ... cl=8261355

Forget all the excuses! Magic rips the lakers and tell exactly why they suck in this interview. And about those fouls? He says play tough,
get to the basket and create fouls like the celts doing. And Doc said yesterday he dont they got enough fouls called. I agree, they stayed going hard to the rim.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » June 10th, 2008, 10:10 pm

Is that where you get your info from, Magic?

Like i said, these dummies all of a sudden forget that boston had problems on the road in the post season and the lakers played exceptional at home in the post season.. short memories..

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » June 11th, 2008, 12:04 am

Donaghy says refs fixed playoffs; Stern says noby FOXSports.com

The Tim Donaghy scandal just got more serious.

The disgraced former NBA referee told authorities in a four-page letter released Tuesday that two officials conspired to fix the outcome of a 2002 playoff series and influenced several other post- and regular-season games.

The fix is in? Tim Donaghy did not mention which series in 2002 was fixed, but the Lakers-Kings Western Conference finals was the only series that fits his allegations. A statistical look at Game 6: Stat Lakers Kings
Halftime score 51 56
Final score 106 102
Free throws 34-40 18-25
4th Qtr. FTs 21-27 7-9
Fouled out None Divac, Pollard
Fouls 24 31
Game 6 officials: Dick Bavetta, Ted Bernhardt, Bob Delaney
Court documents filed by Donaghy's lawyer detailed the "inner-workings" of a plot in which top league executives used referees to manipulate the games. Donaghy claims two referees were "company men" whose job was to extend a playoff series in 2002 to a seventh game.

The documents did not name the series, but the Lakers-Kings Western Conference finals was the only series in 2002 that went to a seventh game, with the Lakers winning both Game 6 and 7 to reach the NBA Finals.

"Personal fouls (resulting in obviously injured players) were ignored even when they occurred in full view of the referees," the document says of the unnamed series. "Conversely, the referees called made-up fouls on Team 5 in order to give additional free throw opportunities to Team 6."

Two players from Team 5 fouled out in the game, the document said, and the "referees' favoring of Team 6 led to that team's victory that night." Team 6 also went on to win Game 7 of the series, according to the document.

NBA commissioner David Stern flatly denied the allegations Tuesday, dismissing Donaghy's allegations as a despearte attempt to ease his sentence.

"My reaction to Donaghy's lawyer is that clearly as the date of sentencing gets closer and the things he's thrown against the wall haven't stuck, he's rehashing a variety of things that have been given to the FBI, have been investigated and are baseless," Stern told reporters.

"He's a singing, cooperating witness trying to get as light a sentence as he can."

The Lakers trailed the Kings three games to two in 2002 when Los Angeles rallied to win each of the final two games and eventually went on win the NBA championship. Key Kings big men Vlade Divac and Scot Pollard both fouled out in Game 6.

Shaquille O'Neal scored 41 points and pulled down 17 rebounds against the Kings in Game 6, and drew most of the fouls that sent Divac and Pollard out of the game.

"Our big guys get 20 fouls tonight and Shaq gets four? You tell me how the game went," Kings coach Rick Adelman said after the game, according to SportsTicker. "It's just the way it is. Obviously, they got the game called the way they wanted to get it called."

"I knew before the game I'd be out of it," Divac added. "(O'Neal) went out (on fouls) up there (in Sacramento). It had to be the same down here."

Lakers coach Phil Jackson, speaking with reporters before Tuesday's Game 3 of the NBA Finals, stressed the need to wait for proof before any judgments are made, but was not shy to offer a low opinion of the officiating in the 2002 series.

"Was that after the fifth game, after we had the game stolen away from us on a bad call?" he said, referring to a game-changing play by Kings guard Mike Bibby in the final moments.

The letter doesn't name anyone involved. Donaghy's attorney and prosecutors have declined to comment. The league has denied the scandal goes beyond Donaghy and two co-defendants.

Donaghy also claims that a 2005 playoff series was improperly influenced, saying that referees were instructed to call illegal screens more strictly on a particular player after an opposing owner called to complain after falling behind 2-0 in the series.

Though the document again does not name anyone specifically, Mark Cuban did complain to the league that year about the officiating after his Mavericks fell behind 2-0 in their series with Houston. Dallas went on to beat the Rockets in seven games.

Then-Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy claimed at the time that an official — who was not working the playoffs — informed him of the plan.

"I didn't think that really worked in the NBA, but in this case it has," Van Gundy told reporters after the fourth game of the series, according to USA Today. He was later fined $100,000, a record sum for a coach.

The document also described other alleged infractions, including league officials telling referees that they should withhold calling technical fouls on certain star players because doing so hurt ticket sales and television ratings."

Donaghy also said refs broke league rules by routinely fraternizing with players, coaches and team management and that the resulting inappropriate relationships may have influenced the outcomes of games. He claims one general manager in 2004 made a game-day phone call to referees to encourage them to call more personal fouls against an opponent.

Donaghy claims referees have accepted autographs, merchandise and meals from team representatives. He said one official used a team's facility to exercise and another played tennis with an NBA coach.

The veteran referee pleaded guilty last year to felony charges alleging he took cash payoffs from gamblers and bet on games. He faces up to 33 months in prison.

some old bumb on the street told me this in 2003 i didnt believe him i told him he is jst a college NCAA freak....he told me the games are all rigged its jst a fuckin business....now i see it...i started see'in it this season ...how the games went ......i heard the trade was arrenged way before they happend like befo garnett n them went to the celtics...son of a bitch......david stern that faggot only cares buot money.....

DID U C WHAT RADMONOVIC DID IN GAME 2 WHEN THE LEAD WAS SHRINKIN...I CUD HAVE WALKED TO THE MALL WITH ALL THOSE STEPS HE TOOK TO THe RIM......

u guys cant see how teams jst come back and win in the dumbest way possible....n u can see the difference between a run and a fix up...i swear they proly got some players in this BS......white man always sooo damn money hungry fuuuuck

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » June 11th, 2008, 10:40 am

u guys cant see how teams jst come back and win in the dumbest way possible

I been telling people that for over 20 years now... especially since 1999

Anyone that has been a regular at allhood.net or allhoodpublishing.com will verify my arguments for the past 5 years...

When you are a gambler, you notice these things, they are so obvious. BUT, the general public doesn't see these things, believe these things, and are quick to criticize your theories..

None of this is new... baseball was built on scandal.. crap tables, soccer, tennis, hockey, and especially college basketball is scandlaous at times... in the exact same words you posted, "u guys cant see how teams jst come back and win in the dumbest way possible."

Proven fact.

....n u can see the difference between a run and a fix up

TRUE! Its not always that easy to see, but I agree with you.. the fixes are more obvious. Too many games are decided by the referee's in basketball, players in college basketball, umpires in baseball, picthers and managers as well... football the fumbles, play calls, referee's... in tennis the players quits with the lead or quits after the game is official... soccer and hockey scoring in the wrong goals... fighting for no reason to get thrown out the game... free shots on goal..

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » June 11th, 2008, 12:56 pm

20 years ago ...damnnn....

i wasnt there to c them games and ima jordan fan so im really tryna not believe he was also part of some fix ups....(he did hang with'em big time gablers n gambled as well).....

i use to be a huge NBA fan but now realisin shit im startin to not care bout it at all....ima jst stay playin street ball

i still don believe KOBE, who used the strong help of gasol n odom and the other quick young guys on his team to have 1 more win than the N.O hornets( which was probably arranged so the lakers wud have the home court advantages in the play offs) , wud win MVP over CHRIS PAUL who had some amazing stats and lead the New Orleans Hornets allll day way from the worst team that i thuoght was gona get sold a long time ago to being almost the best team in the west.......Superstars have the upper hand all the time......If Tim Duncan had Dwight howards stats he wuda easily been MVP.....

i think the celtics and lakers might suprisingly go to a game 7....i also do think the league is favouring KOBE to win...they proly want him MVP playoffs and League because he will look like more of an untouchable superstar everybody will want to watch KOBE play ( he started gettin borin befo that 81 if anybody remembers) ....Kobe wont jst be the #1 players but he will be the #1 Fan idol person that people wud go to a neighboring city to go see play..like JORDAN , BIRD, JOHNSON, and LEBRON wen he came in.

i cud go on forver bout this shit but w.e.....
Spurs and pistons 2 of the best teams for the past years..gettin dethrowned by no other than the Lakers and the celtics back to get whats theirs...wow that wud sound good in a documentary....

well i cant knock a man from gettin paid...

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » June 11th, 2008, 1:23 pm

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/ ... src=sports

fuck this actually makes me very very pissed.....that SAC town team was actuually the best they ever had together..i feel soooo sooo sorry for mike bibby...man how u gon do that to someone who don worked soo hard....them niggaz deserved that ring...fuck that...kobe and shaqs three peat never happened in my head no more.

Steve nash probably won mvp to make more white people watch the league n give me hope for white kids ...who knows

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » June 11th, 2008, 2:07 pm

You are confusing a great player and his accomplishments with terrible officiating/fixes... Other than Jordan receiving a lot of fouls calls allowing him to get to the line, the Bulls games NEVER looked fixed in my opinion. Those were some really good years in the NBA... as well as NFL and MLB... after 1998/1999 sports bettors seen shiiit turn for the worst...

Michael Jordan is not just a gambler, he is a competitor... so anything that Jordan would have participated in would be in the bulls favor.. he was a winner and great player- period. The fix is something the referee's control in the NBA..

In college basketball- its the players that participate in the fixes.

Steve nash probably won mvp to make more white people watch the league n give me hope for white kids ...who knows

I disagree... I thought Nash was one of the top valuable players in the league back to back year.. but if it makes you feel better many others have expressed the same theory as yours- to me. With the NBA going global and drafting europeans, a canadian winning helped to globalize the NBA.. not only that, it is clear that David Stern has been trying to ease Blacks out of the NBA because they want too much money to come to work dressed like a thug, tattoo's, cussing, and then getting rape cases, drug cases, and fights in bars/clubs... He changed the dress code, hands out larger fines, petty fines, and now you see some of the players wearing large wristbands and other material over the tattoo's on their arms... and they banned the 'n' word...

i also do think the league is favouring KOBE to win

I disagree... my opinion on this matter is they (the masses) are still mad at kobe for the white chick incident in Denver.. Doug Collins is a Laker hater and a Kobe Hater... he makes some outlandous statements regarding Kobe as if he has no game... Van Gundy and Mark Jackson always have to disagree with him...

*The Referee's have called more technical fouls on kobe than Rasheed Wallace.. they didn't call techs on Kobe when Shaq was around...

*the league doesn't need to pump up Kobe other than comparing him to Jordan because there is a guy named LeBron James, Chris Paul, Gilbert Arenas, Allen iverson, Amare Stoudamire, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and many others...

*Kobe is NOT as marketable as Pierce, Ray Allen, Kevin Garnet, D. Wade, and Shaq...

*The League AND ESPN have spent major money marketing the Celtics- Allen/Pierce/Garnett, NOT Kobe. Kobe is looked at as a rapist, arrogant, snitch, cry baby... and

*they all blamed Kobe for getting Shaq out of town, they blame Kobe for ruining a dynasty... they don't want kobe to get a ring without Shaq... teams around the league wouldn't even trade to get Kobe.. a lot of the players don't want to play on kobe's team...

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » June 11th, 2008, 2:21 pm

^If there is any conspiracy to this years Finals it is that they want to see it go 7 games... this has been the worst officiating that I have ever seen...

Game 2 was lopsided; they called a very bad game.

Game 3 the fouls favored the Lakers.. they have to make sure they make up for the obvious cheating in Boston, and i think they are under heavy pressure to make a game 7.. then may the best team win.

On the flip side, historically, you get more calls at HOME, and the home crowd acts as the 6th man.. historically the home team in any sport wins more at home than they do on the road.

I'm sorry but the refs have ruined this series.. there is no flow to these games, and the big names have been choking. How come Garnett can't go for 50 against Pau Gasol? How come Pierce can't shoot over Kobe and Fisher... how come Garnett shoots so many jumpers.. why don't they have Garnett post up near the basket.. why isn't garnett getting those easy assist anymore.... even while Kobe plays a bad game he still gets his... where's odom and gasol at? Wasn't there this guy name radmonovic on the lakers before the series started? Where is Luke Walton.. horrible series.. ALL HYPE.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » June 11th, 2008, 8:09 pm

*Kobe is NOT as marketable as Pierce, Ray Allen, Kevin Garnet, D. Wade, and Shaq...

*The League AND ESPN have spent major money marketing the Celtics- Allen/Pierce/Garnett, NOT Kobe. Kobe is looked at as a rapist, arrogant, snitch, cry baby... and

*they all blamed Kobe for getting Shaq out of town, they blame Kobe for ruining a dynasty... they don't want kobe to get a ring without Shaq... teams around the league wouldn't even trade to get Kobe.. a lot of the players don't want to play on kobe's team...

yea u rite i take back what i said bout kobe....i jst remembered all that...

yea i feel u on that vintage games look official u can see al the good calls and everything and all the clutch times that were real clutch times and all the real come backs

bout the Steve nash , i thought amare stadamoire was the reason for their success for the first year and marion and all hte fast players were the reason he got all them assists....i thuoght he was favourd , onthe other hand i think dirk nawinski deserved his so i ain sayin it on a racist point of view.....

i think game 3 was suppose to go to the celtics......and i hope the celtics win jst coz ive always been a garnet fan basicly..i admire his dedication and his spirit.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » June 11th, 2008, 8:45 pm

I used to love Kevin Garnett, a young kid with heart, versatile, guaranteed double double, good media guy, and gives it his all every night...

BUT...

as years went on, in crucial games Garnett couldn't step up... maybe two games at best did KG step up, one was against the Lakers and the other was against the Kings.. for some reason he just can't take his game to that superior level.. he is stuck at 20/10.. he should get more 40/10 games but he shoots too many jump shots, he hates to play in the paint.. misses too many dunks...

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » June 12th, 2008, 6:36 pm

wow as of this moment the celtics are gettin raped........14 points to 34 points

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » June 12th, 2008, 8:52 pm

Bos up 3-1
I watched all of game 4 and its was a good win for boston.
Lakers was up big but couldnt hold on to that 20+ lead.

clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re:

Unread post by clipse » June 12th, 2008, 10:51 pm

Young Deuce wrote:i say celtics in 6 or 7....

DING, DING, DING! And you are correct!

It's over. And :lol: at some of the predictions in here. Stick to ya'll day job.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » June 12th, 2008, 11:51 pm

Lakers=Bodied

vega

Unread post by vega » June 13th, 2008, 10:03 am

After watching game 4 of the finals last night I came to this conclusion, during the 3rd quarter i noticed Derek Fisher, who in my opinion is a very solid player, turnover the ball leading to fastbreaks for the Celtics on numerous occasions. It makes me wonder if its the players involved in the games being fixed as well as the referees, and most likely members of the coaching staff. You must understand how many billions of dollars are wagered on sports every year. This is a huge industry that involves huge amounts of money which there will be corruption. The general public becomes manipulated by the linemakers that create the spread. Once they get the majority of the money flow on one side, they make sure that the other team covers the spread which then creates a huge profit. Gambling is a very bad addiction that many people suffer from accross the country. Its sad to say how society takes advantage of addictions to turn a profit. A perfect example of that would be the crack epedemic. The system treats us like animals, we are no different than a bunch of cows waiting to get slaughtered to make hamburger meat. Instead of slaughtering us, they just wipe out your bankroll. Thankfully since Tim Donaghy has been caught, their has been some leaking of information about games being shady. This has opened many of our eyes to what has been going on in this shady business. Unfortunately gamblers are so stubborn that even knowing that the games are fixed they will continue gambling on games and continue losing their money, just like most gamblers know when they go to Vegas or any other casino in other states that each and every bet you make the odds are against you. So why do all the gamblers still continue going to casino's and losing their money, because they have a sickness, and instead of this greedy corrupt system trying to help people out, they continue to destroy people's lives.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » June 13th, 2008, 7:10 pm

damn all that the lakers just got bodied.
Point blank period.

clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by clipse » June 13th, 2008, 9:31 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:damn all that the lakers just got bodied.
Point blank period.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » June 13th, 2008, 11:00 pm

the game was straight ,...first play off game ive watched 1st quater to last, n it looked fair...the calls were legit..it was a nice ran back....laker fans must have felt homocidal at one point

mr. chill
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr. chill » June 14th, 2008, 8:30 pm

damn the lakers blew game 4, this is karma kicking kobe in the ass for bitching and whining about his team before this season, now its coming back to haunt him, after all that shit he talked about his team

OG Cabrini
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by OG Cabrini » June 14th, 2008, 11:27 pm

does anyone know why game 5 is in LA? i thought series scheduling format was usually 2-2-1-1-1. Is it only cause of the distance between cities that they switched it?

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » June 15th, 2008, 12:01 am

OG Cabrini wrote:does anyone know why game 5 is in LA? i thought series scheduling format was usually 2-2-1-1-1. Is it only cause of the distance between cities that they switched it?
in the playoffs its 2-2-1-1-1
but in the finals its 2-3-2

weed boy

Unread post by weed boy » June 15th, 2008, 7:27 am

mah mind says its the celtics will win the title,
but my heart says the other way around
now that the lakers is down deep 3 games to 1
it will have a major miracle for them to have the title

clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by clipse » June 15th, 2008, 11:01 am

Some quotes from the "Letters to the Editors" in local newspaper about lakers.

"Of course the lakers squandered a 24-point lead. They're all exhausted from 100 games of pretending to like kobe."

"Just watched the player introductions and saw something kinda strange. When Pau Gasol ran onto the court, he was subjected to a gauntlet of teammates giving him numerous, spirited 'high fives.' Out of habit, Pau Gasol immediatly started contorting his face and rolling his eyes, searching out a ref to screech he was fouled."

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » June 15th, 2008, 11:41 am

^lol...

All of a sudden conspiracy theorist have vanished... if there was ever a conspiracy to make Kobe the best player ever, or to make as much money possible on this years final, or to renew an old rivalry- then nothing would beat a Laker comeback down 3-1, something that has never been done in the history of the game.

The lakers will win game 5... game 6 is in boston.. it will be interesting if the Lakers can pull off game 5 & Game 6. A game 7 would truly make this years finals worth while.

In the meantime, I think the lakers players have been exposed once again, and its time to make more improvements for next seasons run at the finals.

If no other teams stack the deck in the east; Boston should be back next year and the year after...

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » June 15th, 2008, 1:04 pm

boston wil be easier to beat next year because of their stars aging factor....the spurs im hoping will make a comeback like they usualy do.....i think with a team like boston its hard for the reffs to cheat........they are too much of a force....i still think the spurs wuda put up more than the lakers

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » June 15th, 2008, 1:15 pm

If "boston wil be easier to beat next year because of their stars aging factor", then the Spurs shouldn't come up in any discusson regarding next years championship. They are too old, slow and too small for the Lakers.

Bostons three stars should play at the same level next year..

Phil Jackson has been out coached this series... but I think some new additions to the team would instantly make them a better team... maybe even a healthy Bynum will make certain the lakers are back again next season.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » June 15th, 2008, 1:44 pm

what happend to gasol he use to be way better in memphis...

the spurs jst need a better bench.....they got beat coz of ginobli and a slow ass old ass bench..