non black M.C.s

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

non black M.C.s

Unread post by Young Deuce » February 11th, 2008, 8:31 pm

who are some of your favorite...they dnt have to be well known....

Seven
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Seven » May 14th, 2008, 5:03 pm

joe scudda was ill on that little brother track lovin it, also the la coka nostra crew is mad hot, atmosphere, aesop rock, el-p(probably the only white rapper who touches em), slaine out of boston, ill bill with a great presence on the mic

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » May 14th, 2008, 5:26 pm

Eminem
dude got crazy wordplay and had a lot of energy in his songs.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » May 14th, 2008, 5:28 pm

Joell ortiz

Seven
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Seven » May 14th, 2008, 5:43 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:Joell ortiz
I think he's half puerto rican or somethin' and half black

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » May 15th, 2008, 4:41 am

I think this guy is pretty good, even though i havent heard a lot of other stuff from him....

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by YO-B » May 16th, 2008, 6:04 pm

NONE.. THEY GARBAGE

Seven
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Seven » May 18th, 2008, 11:21 am

YO-B wrote:NONE.. THEY GARBAGE
now why would you say somthin like that, fortunately white rappers are keeping hip hop relevent these days, and I say that because you can barely find black rappers who have any word play, and speak of some other stuff than guns, drugs, money, thugness, at least if you lookin to the mainstream black artists, there is a total lack of substance, and yes, white rappers really steppin outside the box, and giving fresh blood to hip hop, I would name slug, sage francis, el-p, aesop rock, eminem, vinnie paz, cage, all these guys would definitely dismantle a lot of popular mtv, bet rappers if they would be face to face on a freestyle battle

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » May 18th, 2008, 8:03 pm

Big Pun

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 18th, 2008, 9:05 pm

Seven wrote:
now why would you say somthin like that, fortunately white rappers are keeping hip hop relevent these days, and I say that because you can barely find black rappers who have any word play, and speak of some other stuff than guns, drugs, money, thugness, at least if you lookin to the mainstream black artists, there is a total lack of substance, and yes, white rappers really steppin outside the box, and giving fresh blood to hip hop, I would name slug, sage francis, el-p, aesop rock, eminem, vinnie paz, cage, all these guys would definitely dismantle a lot of popular mtv, bet rappers if they would be face to face on a freestyle battle

what he said was stupid but not every white rapper keeps it relevant.....white rappers are more incline to the indie/underground/alternative....just because of that doesn't mean they keep the game relevant...i can name as many hispanic rappers that keep it relevant....just like i can whites or blacks....lol....at ya statement....

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 18th, 2008, 9:06 pm

my fav. white M.C. by the way is Apathy and hispanic is Big Pun...

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 18th, 2008, 10:38 pm

Seven wrote:
ummh nooo ^ theyd get destroyed..all by serius jones lol

Seven
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Seven » May 19th, 2008, 3:47 am

I'm not sayin there aren't some very talented black or hispanic rappers on the underground level with somethin to say, I just say that the mainstream rappers which are by majority black aren't bringing some relevant, interesting lyrics anymore, I can't complain about the beats, but the lyrics are most the time lazy, and whatever happened to songs with 4-5 verses like in the days of kool g rap, masta ace, d.o.c., nowadays most of them stop at two verses per song, now that's really some lazy shit, I'm just sayin these underground white rappers are more lyricall than the mainstream black rappers, ya guys would be really blown out listening to let's say aesop rock, these white rappers just big fans of the golden age of hip hop, they studied rap culture and they try to give to this game that authentic 'early days' feel to it, of course not all menages but if you look at the critic's poll most of the most revered albums on a year are from whites, I don't want to sound racist, I just wanted to clarify that not all white emcees are garbage

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 19th, 2008, 9:20 am

Seven wrote:I'm not sayin there aren't some very talented black or hispanic rappers on the underground level with somethin to say, I just say that the mainstream rappers which are by majority black aren't bringing some relevant, interesting lyrics anymore, I can't complain about the beats, but the lyrics are most the time lazy, and whatever happened to songs with 4-5 verses like in the days of kool g rap, masta ace, d.o.c., nowadays most of them stop at two verses per song, now that's really some lazy shit, I'm just sayin these underground white rappers are more lyricall than the mainstream black rappers, ya guys would be really blown out listening to let's say aesop rock, these white rappers just big fans of the golden age of hip hop, they studied rap culture and they try to give to this game that authentic 'early days' feel to it, of course not all menages but if you look at the critic's poll most of the most revered albums on a year are from whites, I don't want to sound racist, I just wanted to clarify that not all white emcees are garbage
yeah i see what you sayin but hip-hop is a type of music that has a majority of artist that are african-american so of course its gon be more whack blacks.....its alot of hard underground rappers.....plus masta ace is still in the game, evea heard of eMC?......and aseop rock is cool he kinda overated ta me...he aint on slug, apathy, eyedae or iron solomon's level....but naw white rappers aint garbage....thats why i made this thread....

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » May 19th, 2008, 1:00 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » May 19th, 2008, 1:14 pm

Seven wrote:
Son, I fuckin HATE this lame ass argument. All these white kids claiming 'White Rappers are keeping Hip Hop alive otherwise all these thugs would ruin it for everybody!'. Luckily most people are not dumb enough to say shit like that anymore. The problem is that when white people started taking over hip hop, every show you would see nothing but white kids waving their hands, a lot of black and latino kids lost interest in that backpacker, underground thing, it became CORNY because the audience was a bunch of suburban white kids. El-P surrounded himself with Black emcees for credibility when he started out, Aesop Rock, the same, Vinnie Paz, the same. Sage Francis would come to New York to get experience battling in NYC, and most of the MC's he battled were not white. They had to earn their respect in a field that was not friendly to them. Now they don't even need to earn respect since all these johnny come lately white hip hop heads came in and declared the standards of the day.

jmaups2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jmaups2005 » May 19th, 2008, 2:07 pm

change is going to happen regardless the same thing happened with rock until elvis came out and then the shit hit the fan when white and black people alike claimed that he was the king of rock n roll but its not only white kids that kind of took over the scene the media has alot to do with making hiphop commercial but take into consideration that if hiphop was a movement to resolve violence then how was it going to do any good to stay underground forever?

jmaups2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jmaups2005 » May 19th, 2008, 2:10 pm

as for white emcees i think eminem has proved to reign supreme but mike shinoda from linkin park doesnt have alot of wordplay but there isnt a doubt in my mind that hes a great emcee his way with getting inside your head with words is incredible its like you feel eveything he talks about.

Seven
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Seven » May 19th, 2008, 3:31 pm

Cold Bear wrote:
Seven wrote:
Son, I fuckin HATE this lame ass argument. All these white kids claiming 'White Rappers are keeping Hip Hop alive otherwise all these thugs would ruin it for everybody!'. Luckily most people are not dumb enough to say shit like that anymore. The problem is that when white people started taking over hip hop, every show you would see nothing but white kids waving their hands, a lot of black and latino kids lost interest in that backpacker, underground thing, it became CORNY because the audience was a bunch of suburban white kids. El-P surrounded himself with Black emcees for credibility when he started out, Aesop Rock, the same, Vinnie Paz, the same. Sage Francis would come to New York to get experience battling in NYC, and most of the MC's he battled were not white. They had to earn their respect in a field that was not friendly to them. Now they don't even need to earn respect since all these johnny come lately white hip hop heads came in and declared the standards of the day.
I never said gangsta rap dumbs hip hop music down, actually gangsta rap is my favorite type of rap, I was speakin of these wannabe gangsta lyrics mixed with party themed lyrics in the same song, I hate when every ringtone black rapper acts like a tru G, I guess cube said it best on the gangsta rap made me do it, when he says 'all you rappers who talk about gangsta rap and you don't know what y'all talkin about, stay away from gangsta rap'

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by YO-B » May 19th, 2008, 5:04 pm

Seven wrote:
LMAO :lol: THEY GARBAGE.. ALL OF EM WOULD GET EATIN UP ON ANY RECORD ON ANYTYPE OF SONG.. THEY AINT KEEPIN NOTHIN HIP HOP... ACCEPT FOR THE YEAR 2000 EMINEM.. BUT HE BEEN FELL OFF SINCE 8-MILE MOVIE THAT HE DID IN 2003. :lol:

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » May 19th, 2008, 7:21 pm

YO-B wrote:
Seven wrote:
LMAO :lol: THEY GARBAGE.. ALL OF EM WOULD GET EATIN UP ON ANY RECORD ON ANYTYPE OF SONG.. THEY AINT KEEPIN NOTHIN HIP HOP... ACCEPT FOR THE YEAR 2000 EMINEM.. BUT HE BEEN FELL OFF SINCE 8-MILE MOVIE THAT HE DID IN 2003. :lol:
nah he really fell off after that whole proof thing.
which is understandable cuz he already paid.

jmaups2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jmaups2005 » May 19th, 2008, 8:55 pm

id say most of the rap that blacks put out today is garbage and lies most black dont even live that shit and ive seen it first hand it aint nothin but BS lies that get alot of media attention hiphop has turned into a bitch made money making concept full of wannabe thugs and gangstas :roll:

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 19th, 2008, 8:59 pm

is it me or am i not seein what yall seein...most rappers i see nowadays dont act hard....except fa bow wow....but most be on that BS dancin 2 stepin bs....

jmaups2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jmaups2005 » May 19th, 2008, 9:50 pm

its not about actin hard they are just promoting false image and the destruction of people which is the backward concept of what hiphop was founded on and alot of i dont wanna call them but i have to say fake ass thugs get up on this shit and put on a fake mentality when in reality these could be family oriented individuals who could really make something of them selves most rappers rap about what they seen not what they did because in reality they havent done slim to none dirt at all i hope the south looses its stronghold on hiphop because thats where all the garbage is pretty much comming from

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by YO-B » May 19th, 2008, 10:03 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
YO-B wrote:
Seven wrote:
nah he really fell off after that whole proof thing.
which is understandable because he already paid.
I DONT THINK EM IS EVA KOMING BACK

jmaups2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jmaups2005 » May 19th, 2008, 10:10 pm

hes droppin and album this year but i didnt know if you were talking about droppin off as in terms of not pushin any new music or just being wak with his flo

Seven
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Seven » May 21st, 2008, 3:27 am

YO-B wrote:
Seven wrote:
yo-b sorry to say it, but your just too ignorant, if you would bring on some facts to prove me that all white emcees are wack than I might take back my words

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by YO-B » May 21st, 2008, 8:43 pm

Seven wrote:
YO-B wrote:
Seven wrote:
yo-b sorry to say it, but your just too ignorant, if you would bring on some facts to prove me that all white emcees are wack than I might take back my words
LISTEN TO ME RIGHT QUICK.. IM NOT SAYIN THAT ALL OF THEM R GARBAGE.. BUT THEY ARE WASHED UP.. AND FELL the HELL OFF.. I DONT KNOW WHY BUT THEY JUST DONT LAST LONG.. WHEN A NEW WHITE RAPPA COMES ALONG.. THEY ONLY HAVE ABOUT A ONE OR TWO YEAR RUN AND THATS IT ... THEY ALMOST INSTINCT,.. :lol:

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 21st, 2008, 10:12 pm

i actually agree with dude ^ ..except that big pun....but then i dono wen i listen to white rappers especialy i feel wierd...and uncomfortable...i only listened to eminem and replayed it dats buot it.....oyaaaa

ORTIZ got skill

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by YO-B » May 21st, 2008, 10:53 pm

YEA ORTIZ BEEN KEEPIN IT CONSISTANT ON THE UNDERGROUND SCENE.. I ALWAYS THOUGHT ORTIZ WAS SPANISH OR SOMETHING I AINT KNOW HE WAS WHITE

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 22nd, 2008, 12:06 am

ortiz is spanish....

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by YO-B » May 22nd, 2008, 12:19 am

CANT FORGET ABOUT TRU LIFE