gangsta core/beatdown style hc

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

gangsta core/beatdown style hc

Unread post by andrew » March 27th, 2008, 4:19 pm

bulldoze, everyone gets hurt, 25 ta life, profound effect, count time.......anyone else like shit like this?

DetFJ
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DetFJ » March 28th, 2008, 8:11 am

gangstacore sounds so dumb... but i listen to Fury of Five, E-TC, Suicidal Tendencies if you count that, all them NYC DMS bands

Buu

Unread post by Buu » March 30th, 2008, 7:18 am

Gangstacore? Everyone Gets Hurt? Hahah, how do you kids come up with these?

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » March 31st, 2008, 8:59 pm

yeah...i know i know.....gangsta core sounds dumb/corny...and i usually dont refer to these bands as such....but bein the majority of readers on this board including myself are either gang affilliated or have gang background they may have heard the term which was marketed towards the general public believe it or not.....especially in europe where europeans eat that shit up.......but i remember thats what those types of bands (especially the dms affiliated ones) were calling themselves in the early-mid 90s...........................district9 mike was my room mate homie
by the way im 38 and been into hc since 85 before you tell me i dont kno what im talkin about.....promoted shows for years

Buu

Unread post by Buu » March 31st, 2008, 10:20 pm

Thugcore what it was called, not gangsta. And its Everybody Gets Hurt. Buy you should know this, since youve been in the scene since 85.

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » April 1st, 2008, 12:42 am

yeah foo.....everybody gets hurt....so i made a mistake...sue me....and in 95 or so it was reffered to as gangsta core.....i still have all the old flyers from bands like endless,2x4,pitbull amonst others and thats how they repped themselves........of course i know it is reffered to as thugcore in the 2000's but guess what.......i dont give a fuck
i wasnt really talking to hc kids anyways (they already know...thats like prechin to the choir) but others who may only know little about it and i figured maybe those 30+ would have remembered those days when gang peeps actually bumped hc as well as other types of music
personally i think most hc kids are pussies............i just happen to like the music but them faggots arent cut from the same cloth as the peeps my age
the only ones im cool with are dms and some other peeps from similar crews (obhc,ctyc).................most are non-existent anymore............fsu are just a bunch of stupid honkys playing gangster at shows when they have numbers

detf-j?you like e-town concrete?i think they are fuckin awful.....and fury of v are kinda awful too but for some reason i like them.......everyone likes s.t.
you ever get into d-mize,terrorzone,coldfront,cleanser,tension,next step up,one second thought
i think the first gang related band i know of was circle one.....rare shit.............they were broke up before my first show,as far as i know they never played here......i never heard of them until all them LADS moved out here in 87 and went at it with the local sui's on the regular........i got along with both crews and would listen to all thier tales............i didnt give a fuck....we had our own gang and was bigger than both of theirs and had more older homies they didnt fuck with...............................besides they all used to fight with eachother until they all joined our crew later on down the line..........now you see the old lads and suis hangin together bangin SSG because they all lived out this way

DetFJ
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DetFJ » April 1st, 2008, 5:27 pm

i wasn't around in the 90s I'm young blood

I can't name names but crews nowadays mostly seem like violence for the sake of violence... that boy getting killed over the Confederate flag shirt in New Jersey etc.

atm//TONE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Orange COUNTY

Unread post by atm//TONE » May 13th, 2008, 7:17 pm

andrew wrote:....but bein the majority of readers on this board including myself are either gang affilliated or have gang background
:shock: are we on the same board?

is gangsta core like tech9 or sumthin

Ice
What city do you live in now?: SF

Unread post by Ice » May 13th, 2008, 11:30 pm

One of my all time fav bands is Biohazard...and I bump alot of Madball and Terror (they're from LA though) too

oXJmAuPs2005Xo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oXJmAuPs2005Xo » May 13th, 2008, 11:55 pm

what are we talking about?

oXJmAuPs2005Xo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oXJmAuPs2005Xo » May 13th, 2008, 11:56 pm

Kotton Mouth Kingz, HED PE

atm//TONE
Middle Weight