Where the Reggae heads at?

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music. Also included here are news worthy articles as it relates to music, musicians and the industry.
atm//TONE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 359
Joined: May 6th, 2008, 5:56 pm
What city do you live in now?: Orange COUNTY
Location: WEEEEEEEEEEST,JUICE COUNTY

Where the Reggae heads at?

Unread post by atm//TONE » May 8th, 2008, 9:55 pm

Ya MON im takin bout that good shit half pint, the melodians, linval thompson, bob andy put up some good songs

Seven
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 142
Joined: August 30th, 2006, 4:09 am
Location: Timisoara, Banat, Europe
Contact:

Re: Where the Reggae heads at?

Unread post by Seven » May 14th, 2008, 4:51 pm

atm//TONE wrote:Ya MON im takin bout that good shit half pint, the melodians, linval thompson, bob andy put up some good songs
well lately I become some kind of a reggae head, but I mostly listen to the early '70's bob marley shit, that's like the most relaxing music ever, fo real, also listen to some toots & the maytals, black uhuru, barrington levy, max romeo, mostly the classics

atm//TONE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 359
Joined: May 6th, 2008, 5:56 pm
What city do you live in now?: Orange COUNTY
Location: WEEEEEEEEEEST,JUICE COUNTY

Unread post by atm//TONE » May 14th, 2008, 5:02 pm

hell yea bruh thats mostly the shit i fuck with i mean sum of the new shit is cool but man the old shit is where its at
peep you should like dis shit if u aint already heard it
The Melodians-Swing and Dine
Half Pint-just be good to me *old but not that old*

Seven
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 142
Joined: August 30th, 2006, 4:09 am
Location: Timisoara, Banat, Europe
Contact:

Unread post by Seven » May 14th, 2008, 5:16 pm

atm//TONE wrote:hell yea bruh thats mostly the shit i fu-- with i mean sum of the new shit is cool but man the old shit is where its at
peep you should like dis shit if u aint already heard it
The Melodians-Swing and Dine
Half Pint-just be good to me *old but not that old*
wow, the melodians are so smooth, mad props for them, I just heard this track called sweet sensation, only quality, also half pint is real cool, I like how he keeps it old school, I mean the sound is so reminiscing to the '70's :)

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2277
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 10:32 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there
Location: home or something

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » May 14th, 2008, 5:20 pm

posts some vids yo.
I'm willing to listen and give it a try.
Good music is Good music.

atm//TONE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 359
Joined: May 6th, 2008, 5:56 pm
What city do you live in now?: Orange COUNTY
Location: WEEEEEEEEEEST,JUICE COUNTY

Unread post by atm//TONE » May 14th, 2008, 5:29 pm

Seven wrote:
atm//TONE wrote:hell yea bruh thats mostly the shit i fu-- with i mean sum of the new shit is cool but man the old shit is where its at
peep you should like dis shit if u aint already heard it
The Melodians-Swing and Dine
Half Pint-just be good to me *old but not that old*
wow, the melodians are so smooth, mad props for them, I just heard this track called sweet sensation, only quality, also half pint is real cool, I like how he keeps it old school, I mean the sound is so reminiscing to the '70's :)
yuuup all that shit though if i was in cali right now i gotta whole cd's list of songs like that ill put alll that shit up for you when i get back next week and Philly puppet imma seee they should have sum half pint videos

Seven
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 142
Joined: August 30th, 2006, 4:09 am
Location: Timisoara, Banat, Europe
Contact:

Unread post by Seven » May 14th, 2008, 5:37 pm

atm//TONE wrote:
Seven wrote:
atm//TONE wrote:hell yea bruh thats mostly the shit i fu-- with i mean sum of the new shit is cool but man the old shit is where its at
peep you should like dis shit if u aint already heard it
The Melodians-Swing and Dine
Half Pint-just be good to me *old but not that old*
wow, the melodians are so smooth, mad props for them, I just heard this track called sweet sensation, only quality, also half pint is real cool, I like how he keeps it old school, I mean the sound is so reminiscing to the '70's :)
yuuup all that shit though if i was in cali right now i gotta whole cd's list of songs like that ill put alll that shit up for you when i get back next week and Philly puppet imma seee they should have sum half pint videos
:lol: yess sirr, you do that

Seven
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 142
Joined: August 30th, 2006, 4:09 am
Location: Timisoara, Banat, Europe
Contact:

Unread post by Seven » May 14th, 2008, 5:40 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:posts some vids yo.
I'm willing to listen and give it a try.
Good music is Good music.
well I just tried to put up a video 5 minutes ago and the damn pluggins don't work, maybe if I put on the link to the video, damn

atm//TONE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 359
Joined: May 6th, 2008, 5:56 pm
What city do you live in now?: Orange COUNTY
Location: WEEEEEEEEEEST,JUICE COUNTY

Unread post by atm//TONE » May 14th, 2008, 5:59 pm


JUST BE GOOD TO ME

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1031
Joined: March 5th, 2007, 7:15 pm
Location: MARYLAND

Unread post by YO-B » May 16th, 2008, 6:05 pm

BUJU BANTON IS the BEST RAGGEA ARTIST... OF ALL TIME

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1387
Joined: August 2nd, 2004, 5:55 pm
Country: Finland
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above
Location: Hellsinki, Finno-Ugria

Unread post by punamusta » May 17th, 2008, 9:16 am

Here's couple of videos that came into my mind first (don't want to flood this topic with endless amount of videos, so here's only 5):










2%SODA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 233
Joined: January 31st, 2004, 11:17 pm
Location: stockton
Contact:

Unread post by 2%SODA » May 22nd, 2008, 10:07 pm

roots reggae... some of the greatest music of all time....

lee scratch perry
the heptones
aswad
sugar minott
dennis brown
gregory isaacs

etc

::

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1031
Joined: March 5th, 2007, 7:15 pm
Location: MARYLAND

Unread post by YO-B » May 24th, 2008, 11:32 am

2%SODA wrote:roots reggae... some of the greatest music of all time....

lee scratch perry
the heptones
aswad
sugar minott
dennis brown
gregory isaacs

etc

::
U FORGOT BUJU BANTON

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Unread post by Sentenza » May 24th, 2008, 5:38 pm

YO-B wrote:
2%SODA wrote:roots reggae... some of the greatest music of all time....

lee scratch perry
the heptones
aswad
sugar minott
dennis brown
gregory isaacs

etc

::
U FORGOT BUJU BANTON
I was just about to say that. His old shit is good!


YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1031
Joined: March 5th, 2007, 7:15 pm
Location: MARYLAND

Unread post by YO-B » May 24th, 2008, 6:31 pm

HELL YEA BUJU ALWAYS HAD THAT RUFF HARDCORE RAGGE.. THEY GOT ONE OF HIS SONGS ON GTA4

atm//TONE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 359
Joined: May 6th, 2008, 5:56 pm
What city do you live in now?: Orange COUNTY
Location: WEEEEEEEEEEST,JUICE COUNTY

Re: Where the Reggae heads at?

Unread post by atm//TONE » August 1st, 2008, 2:03 pm

buju is coool but shiiiet if yall tryin to hear sum coool shit peeep a dude named
J-Boog - come to my palace

Post Reply

Return to “Music and News”