What southern state do you think has the best rappers?

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music. Also included here are news worthy articles as it relates to music, musicians and the industry.
User avatar
Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1909
Joined: September 23rd, 2005, 8:28 am
Location: St.Louis,MO

What southern state do you think has the best rappers?

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 25th, 2008, 6:02 pm

imo it's VA...if you count them as southern....

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2900
Joined: July 4th, 2006, 4:15 pm
Location: Africa
Contact:

Unread post by Mcminister » May 25th, 2008, 7:04 pm

HOUSTON

User avatar
Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1909
Joined: September 23rd, 2005, 8:28 am
Location: St.Louis,MO

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 25th, 2008, 7:12 pm

Mcminister wrote:HOUSTON

lol u mean texas my nig....

OG Cabrini
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 147
Joined: January 18th, 2008, 11:07 am
Location: West Englewood, Chi-Town
Contact:

Unread post by OG Cabrini » May 25th, 2008, 7:18 pm

i think its gotta be Louisiana.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2900
Joined: July 4th, 2006, 4:15 pm
Location: Africa
Contact:

Unread post by Mcminister » May 25th, 2008, 7:29 pm

Young Deuce wrote:
Mcminister wrote:HOUSTON

lol u mean texas my nig....
LOL fuck i ain read it proparly

but naah not texas dallas let us down with that garbage i thuoght was from atlanta for long till i found it its from Dallas "MY DOUGIE"

but as for cities...HOUSTON gota be #1 and ummmh yeaa #2 ummmmmh,,,yea virginia(state) RICHMOND the city if its considered the south ..the clipse and quan are good examples from that state....then maybe louisiana but dats it the rest is garbage.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2900
Joined: July 4th, 2006, 4:15 pm
Location: Africa
Contact:

Unread post by Mcminister » May 25th, 2008, 7:30 pm

OG Cabrini wrote:i think its gotta be Louisiana.
y u say louisiana

User avatar
Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1909
Joined: September 23rd, 2005, 8:28 am
Location: St.Louis,MO

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 25th, 2008, 7:37 pm

VA counts as east coast i think so i gotta go with louisiana...

OG Cabrini
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 147
Joined: January 18th, 2008, 11:07 am
Location: West Englewood, Chi-Town
Contact:

Unread post by OG Cabrini » May 25th, 2008, 7:38 pm

Man i just think La. got alot of good rappers, and they been producin these guys for quite a while. You got guys like juvenile, c-murder, soulja slim, b-gizzle, weezy, lloyd, baby, mystikal, chopper city boyz, UNVL, n a bunch more that im forgettin. Basically im just a fan of alot of NOLA music.

User avatar
Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1909
Joined: September 23rd, 2005, 8:28 am
Location: St.Louis,MO

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 25th, 2008, 7:42 pm

young city from the band was hard and boosie and webbie are hard...

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2900
Joined: July 4th, 2006, 4:15 pm
Location: Africa
Contact:

Unread post by Mcminister » May 25th, 2008, 8:06 pm

Young Deuce wrote:young city from the band was hard and boosie and webbie are hard...
u needs to give me some of them webbie songs coz i think that nigga hella wack.

ummh but houston got....big pokey, scar face, lil keke, lil flip, Trae, Z ro, lil youngsta, the other getto boyz, 5th ward boys, big hawk, fat pat, PIMP C, BUN B.

and southside htown shit is strickly street and u can relate to it..its basicly real hip hop....

but i feels u ...i like that N.O shit its some real nigga shit fo real.....but houston got more better rappers

User avatar
Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1909
Joined: September 23rd, 2005, 8:28 am
Location: St.Louis,MO

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 25th, 2008, 10:55 pm

houston do got better rappers but as a state i barely know any outside of houston and its surrounding counties...put me on ta some from around the state...know good niggaz from n.o., baton rouge, even lil hurricane chris steppin his game reppin shreveport....

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2900
Joined: July 4th, 2006, 4:15 pm
Location: Africa
Contact:

Unread post by Mcminister » May 26th, 2008, 12:37 am

yea ur rite....than Lousiana is the #1 state.....their underground shit is ill too....id like a lsit of al the songs played in NEW ORLEANS Xposed the documentary

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1031
Joined: March 5th, 2007, 7:15 pm
Location: MARYLAND

Unread post by YO-B » May 26th, 2008, 11:21 am

V.A. IS EASTKOAST. THEY ALMOST ALMOST ALMOST SOUTH. BUT THEY EASTKOAST.
AS FAR AS THE SOUTHERN STATE THAT GOT THE BEST RAPPAS.. I WOULD HAVE TO SAY FLORIDA.. BEKAUSE U KANT UNDERSTAND WAT ANY OTHA SOUTHERN STATE RAPPAS ARE SAYING ACCEPT IF THEY FROM FLORIDA.. FLORIDA GOT THE MORE LYRICAL SIDE OF RAPPIN THAN OTHA SOUTHERN STATES

User avatar
Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1909
Joined: September 23rd, 2005, 8:28 am
Location: St.Louis,MO

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 26th, 2008, 11:28 am

YO-B wrote:V.A. IS EASTKOAST. THEY ALMOST ALMOST ALMOST SOUTH. BUT THEY EASTKOAST.
AS FAR AS THE SOUTHERN STATE THAT GOT THE BEST RAPPAS.. I WOULD HAVE TO SAY FLORIDA.. BEKAUSE U KANT UNDERSTAND WAT ANY OTHA SOUTHERN STATE RAPPAS ARE SAYING ACCEPT IF THEY FROM FLORIDA.. FLORIDA GOT THE MORE LYRICAL SIDE OF RAPPIN THAN OTHA SOUTHERN STATES

what lyrical rappers are from florida? and dont say flo-rida....

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3543
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » May 26th, 2008, 11:42 am

I'd have to say TX..

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1031
Joined: March 5th, 2007, 7:15 pm
Location: MARYLAND

Unread post by YO-B » May 26th, 2008, 12:17 pm

Young Deuce wrote:
YO-B wrote:V.A. IS EASTKOAST. THEY ALMOST ALMOST ALMOST SOUTH. BUT THEY EASTKOAST.
AS FAR AS THE SOUTHERN STATE THAT GOT THE BEST RAPPAS.. I WOULD HAVE TO SAY FLORIDA.. BEKAUSE U KANT UNDERSTAND WAT ANY OTHA SOUTHERN STATE RAPPAS ARE SAYING ACCEPT IF THEY FROM FLORIDA.. FLORIDA GOT THE MORE LYRICAL SIDE OF RAPPIN THAN OTHA SOUTHERN STATES

what lyrical rappers are from florida? and dont say flo-rida....
HELL NO NOT NO FLO RIDA :lol: I SAID RAPPAS.. TRICK DADDY, RICK ROSS <<EVEN THO I DONT LIKE HIM,FREDDY P, AND ITS SOMEMORE BUT I KANT THINK OF ANY RIGHT NOW

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2900
Joined: July 4th, 2006, 4:15 pm
Location: Africa
Contact:

Unread post by Mcminister » May 26th, 2008, 2:15 pm

rick ross lyrical??????

the only good thing outa florida is trick daddy period...pitpull ain shit neither, neither is plies...their lyrics are tooo basic.

Louisina #1
Texas #2
and no more



u kno whats wierd..when ur in san diego u actually head north to go to atlanta....
so what does someone from san diego say when he is headin to atlanta..." im headin down south "

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2277
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 10:32 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there
Location: home or something

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » May 26th, 2008, 2:45 pm

Georgia
TI
Outcast
Jeezy
Ludacris <- he's and underrated rapper IMO
Lil Scrappy <- some of his songs be catchy


Tennesse
Young Buck
8ball MJG
36 mafia <- dont really listen to them but other people like them.


My list

Georgia
Texas
Louisiana
Virgina <--- it does technically count as the south
Tennessee

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1031
Joined: March 5th, 2007, 7:15 pm
Location: MARYLAND

Unread post by YO-B » May 26th, 2008, 6:40 pm

Mcminister wrote:rick ross lyrical??????

the only good thing outa florida is trick daddy period...pitpull ain shit neither, neither is plies...their lyrics are tooo basic.

Louisina #1
Texas #2
and no more



u kno whats wierd..when ur in san diego u actually head north to go to atlanta....
so what does someone from san diego say when he is headin to atlanta..." im headin down south "
ITS OTHA RAPPAS IN FLORIDA.. THEY UNDERGROUND THO.. AND YEA RICK ROSS .. U can ACTULLY UNDERSTAND HIM.. HIS BEST SONG WAS EVERYDAY IM HUSTLING.. AND IM NOT SAYIN HE'S THE BEST BUT HE'S SAYIN MORE THINGS THAN THE SO KALLED RAPPAS IN ATLANTA IS DOIN

User avatar
Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1909
Joined: September 23rd, 2005, 8:28 am
Location: St.Louis,MO

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 26th, 2008, 7:42 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:Georgia
TI
Outcast
Jeezy
Ludacris <- he's and underrated rapper IMO
Lil Scrappy <- some of his songs be catchy


Tennesse
Young Buck
8ball MJG
36 mafia <- dont really listen to them but other people like them.


My list

Georgia
Texas
Louisiana
Virgina <--- it does technically count as the south
Tennessee
the only rapper from VA that sounds like they from the south is Fam-Lay....Clipse, Missy, Magoo, Kenn Starr, etc sound like east coast....virginia is listed as east coast on wikipedia(i know its not a credible source but) and it is on the east coast....

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2900
Joined: July 4th, 2006, 4:15 pm
Location: Africa
Contact:

Unread post by Mcminister » May 26th, 2008, 8:07 pm

YO-B wrote:
Mcminister wrote:rick ross lyrical??????

the only good thing outa florida is trick daddy period...pitpull ain shit neither, neither is plies...their lyrics are tooo basic.

Louisina #1
Texas #2
and no more



u kno whats wierd..when ur in san diego u actually head north to go to atlanta....
so what does someone from san diego say when he is headin to atlanta..." im headin down south "
ITS OTHA RAPPAS IN FLORIDA.. THEY UNDERGROUND THO.. AND YEA RICK ROSS .. U can ACTULLY UNDERSTAND HIM.. HIS BEST SONG WAS EVERYDAY IM HUSTLING.. AND IM NOT SAYIN HE'S THE BEST BUT HE'S SAYIN MORE THINGS THAN THE SO KALLED RAPPAS IN ATLANTA IS DOIN
true

Atlanta don got nothin except for Outkast and C - lo ...dats it, and luda, and some of luda's boiz but dats it...jeezy don got flow and cant rap he can only make catchy songs jst like the rest of them so goergia cant b number one.


houston got a lot of good rappers people don kno, i think fo the south htown the only ones who keep it real lyrical

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2900
Joined: July 4th, 2006, 4:15 pm
Location: Africa
Contact:

Unread post by Mcminister » May 26th, 2008, 8:09 pm





dats a freestyle from Pokey , Shasta , and lil flip

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1031
Joined: March 5th, 2007, 7:15 pm
Location: MARYLAND

Unread post by YO-B » May 26th, 2008, 9:35 pm

Mcminister wrote:
YO-B wrote:
Mcminister wrote:rick ross lyrical??????

the only good thing outa florida is trick daddy period...pitpull ain shit neither, neither is plies...their lyrics are tooo basic.

Louisina #1
Texas #2
and no more



u kno whats wierd..when ur in san diego u actually head north to go to atlanta....
so what does someone from san diego say when he is headin to atlanta..." im headin down south "
ITS OTHA RAPPAS IN FLORIDA.. THEY UNDERGROUND THO.. AND YEA RICK ROSS .. U can ACTULLY UNDERSTAND HIM.. HIS BEST SONG WAS EVERYDAY IM HUSTLING.. AND IM NOT SAYIN HE'S THE BEST BUT HE'S SAYIN MORE THINGS THAN THE SO KALLED RAPPAS IN ATLANTA IS DOIN
true

Atlanta don got nothin except for Outkast and C - lo ...dats it, and luda, and some of luda's boiz but dats it...jeezy don got flow and cant rap he can only make catchy songs jst like the rest of them so goergia cant b number one.


houston got a lot of good rappers people don kno, i think fo the south htown the only ones who keep it real lyrical
YEA.. DANG I KEEP FORGETTIN ABOUT OUTKAST.. BEKAUSE THEY STYLE IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT.. LIKE THEY ON ANOTHA LEVEL.. AND I can RESPECT THAT..BEKAUSE THEY KEEP IT REAL.. YEA AND C-LO WELL I can SEE WAT HE'S DOIN BUT I SEEN HIM ON A MAGAZINE WEARIN A WEDDIN DRESS.. LOL.. AYE BUT IM NOT GON JUDGE HIM BY HIS APPEARANCE.. BUT YEA U RIGHT. HE DOES HIS THANG.. I FEEL LIKE THE OLD LUDA CRIS WAS HOT..HIS FIRST 3 ALBUMS.. AFTER THAT I DONT KNO WAT REALLY HAPPENED

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2277
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 10:32 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there
Location: home or something

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » May 27th, 2008, 4:49 am

Young Deuce wrote:the only rapper from VA that sounds like they from the south is Fam-Lay....Clipse, Missy, Magoo, Kenn Starr, etc sound like east coast....virginia is listed as east coast on wikipedia(i know its not a credible source but) and it is on the east coast....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Cens ... isions.PNG



the only rappers i really listen to from the south are TI,Clipse,Young Buck,Juve and Chamillionare.
and they all from different states.

Russian Hustla
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: May 27th, 2008, 6:03 am
Location: Russian Dirty Souf
Contact:

Unread post by Russian Hustla » May 27th, 2008, 6:42 am

i hate flo rida and other club mess.
i hate fake bloodin lil weezy n birdman... but some songs r kool...
i like some ricky ross songs, but i think he's faker too...

8ball n MGJ, Bun B, Pimp C (rest in peace), scarface from GB, 36 mafia, they real king of the souf...

User avatar
Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1909
Joined: September 23rd, 2005, 8:28 am
Location: St.Louis,MO

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 27th, 2008, 10:20 am

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
Young Deuce wrote:the only rapper from VA that sounds like they from the south is Fam-Lay....Clipse, Missy, Magoo, Kenn Starr, etc sound like east coast....virginia is listed as east coast on wikipedia(i know its not a credible source but) and it is on the east coast....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Cens ... isions.PNG



the only rappers i really listen to from the south are TI,Clipse,Young Buck,Juve and Chamillionare.
and they all from different states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_coast_rap


VA is listed right there...

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1417
Joined: August 9th, 2006, 7:52 pm
Location: BOOGIE DOWN BRONX

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » May 27th, 2008, 11:50 am

I really don't wanna say atlanta, kuz them niggas is xtra fruity and corny, but ludacris is the nicest nigga out the south rite now in my opinion...n I like jeezy 2...but wen it comes 2 the best states in the south, I'd say louisiana (new orleans preferably) and texas, kuz them boyz got they own style n sound all tho they all from the south...much respect 2 the N.O n texas....they make good music 2 ride out 2...

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1417
Joined: August 9th, 2006, 7:52 pm
Location: BOOGIE DOWN BRONX

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » May 27th, 2008, 11:57 am

N whoever said VA wuz the south don't kno wut the fu*k they talkin about...VA IS the EASTCOAST....Although they country as hell, they still dress n sound like eastcoast niggas 100%...n they don't b on that corny nursery chorus and corny dances like niggas down south do...

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Unread post by Sentenza » May 27th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Can anyone tell me where 8Ball & MJG are from? Somewhere down south judging by their accent. I always liked them.

User avatar
Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1909
Joined: September 23rd, 2005, 8:28 am
Location: St.Louis,MO

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 27th, 2008, 3:31 pm

memphis, tenneseee

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2277
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 10:32 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there
Location: home or something

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » May 27th, 2008, 5:38 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_United_States

really it depends on which part of Virgina
Virginia poses several problems. It is sometimes a Southern state, and sometimes a Mid-Atlantic state. In truth, Virginia has three distinct cultural regions. The northeastern two-fifths of the state is very much a Mid-Atlantic state, sharing its culture with central Maryland, eastern West Virginia, and southwest Pennsylvania. The southeastern two-fifths of the state is very much Southeastern in climate and culture. While the western "panhandle" of the state is an Appalachian region sharing its history, culture, and climate with southern West Virginia, southeastern Kentucky and Tennessee, northwestern North Carolina.

jmaups2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 123
Joined: May 16th, 2008, 5:04 pm
Location: Cincinnati
Contact:

Unread post by jmaups2005 » May 27th, 2008, 11:55 pm

8ball from orangemile

Post Reply

Return to “Music and News”