Sureno Rap

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
DuarteESiderSGVX3
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: Sureno Rap

Unread post by DuarteESiderSGVX3 » March 25th, 2005, 11:29 am

Mr Criminal, Mr Capoene-e, and all of hi power are the best sureno rappers out there.

PS1979
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PS1979 » March 25th, 2005, 8:30 pm

im a big fan of that homegrown Sureno shit....from a beatmakers point of view sureno beatmakers/producers are coming with some tight TIGHT production.
Ive been making beats for awhile now, so naturally the music is what i check for first...and im really feeling how sur producers have re-ressurected that whole Zapp late 70's early 80's electronic sound...sure i guess its your typical cliche west coast sound, but sureno producers have tooken that shit to a whole other level.
On the lyrical side Im feeling Most sur rappers, for several reasons:

1)most of them are not ashamed of rapping with a thick spanglish accent, i think that is good....atleast they dont compromise their heritage to appeal or make themselves more palatable to white/black audiences.
What you see is what you get, fuck you if you dont like it kinda attitude.
I really admire that.

2)The whole sureno chicano rap scene is largely uncommercialized.
So in turn you have real muthafuckas rapping about real things.
No sugar coated, industry created, mainstream america MTV BS like 50 cent or eminem......in alotta ways you can consider these sur rappers "the real" deal, so to speak, in todays hiphop market..thats a rare thing.

and on blacks creating lowriders....post up some documented proof! or shutup...put up or shutup.
Most peeps on this board are totally aware of the well documented accomplishments in lowriding that mexicans have made, but ive yet to see any convincing evidence as to the creation of the art by blacks.

But yeah.....i have no animosity towards any black person, treat me with respect and that is what you will get in return.
If anything i really really want to see blacks and mexicans come together as common allies and focus our collective energy on the real enemy!

peace out

anonymousman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by anonymousman » March 27th, 2005, 4:30 pm

i've been listening to mr shadow alot, he has some real good lyrics, all he needs to do now is make another album with knightowl like the bald head kingpins one thats the shtt

NEW DOOBIE

Unread post by NEW DOOBIE » April 1st, 2005, 3:51 pm

FIRST OFF ROOKIES. CAPONE-E IS A ARAB. THAT FOOL IS IN LOVE WITH THE SUR LIFESTYLE. AND SECOND, SURENO/NORTENO/CHICANO RAP HAS A LONG WAY TO GO BEFORE IT REACHES THE SAME STATUS AS "GANGSTA RAP" BLACKS ARE LYRICALLY MORE INCLINED FOR NOW. LIKE ANYTHING IN LIFE, THINGS TAKE TIME TO DEVELOP. SOON CHICANOS WONT BE RAPPING TO OLDIES AND STUFF LIKE THAT. ITS A WORK IN PROGRESS. THINGS ARE HAPPENING. JUST LIKE RAP BROKE LOOSE IN THE LATE 70'S AND THEN WHEN N.W.A BROKE LL BARRIES IN THE LATE 80'S WITH THERE STUFF. CHICANO RAP IS UP AND COMING. WAIT AND SEE.

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » April 1st, 2005, 3:54 pm

Sureno rap is the only rap thats rappin over oldies, yall need to step your game up. All the disses aside, what are some good Sureno rappers Sam? I've heard Lil Rob, Knightowl, and Capone and shit, and obviously there not my style, but this one fool name Spanky Loco or somethin had a cool track.

anonymousman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by anonymousman » April 2nd, 2005, 7:43 pm

i'm tired of hearing that BS about surenos just rapping to oldies, knightowl made one album with oldies but after that i'ts been nothing but self made beats, Mr shadow & mr lil one dont have that many counterfeit beats either, lil rob & mr capone-e are the ones that give it that reputation of surenos rapping to oldie beats. Big Capone from tx has his own beats too i dont think i've ever heard any of his songs with an oldie beat

Shadow(909)
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Shadow(909) » April 5th, 2005, 10:15 am

Thats true Lil Rob and Capone-E are the ones rapping over oldies beats. Once in a while other Sureno rappers rap over oldies beats. But other than that they are good rappers.

jae
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by jae » June 25th, 2005, 6:26 pm

PS1979 wrote:im a big fan of that homegrown Sureno shit....from a beatmakers point of view sureno beatmakers/producers are coming with some tight TIGHT production.
Ive been making beats for awhile now, so naturally the music is what i check for first...and im really feeling how sur producers have re-ressurected that whole Zapp late 70's early 80's electronic sound...sure i guess its your typical cliche west coast sound, but sureno producers have tooken that shit to a whole other level.
On the lyrical side Im feeling Most sur rappers, for several reasons:

1)most of them are not ashamed of rapping with a thick spanglish accent, i think that is good....atleast they dont compromise their heritage to appeal or make themselves more palatable to white/black audiences.
What you see is what you get, fu-- you if you dont like it kinda attitude.
I really admire that.

2)The whole sureno chicano rap scene is largely uncommercialized.
So in turn you have real muthafuckas rapping about real things.
No sugar coated, industry created, mainstream america MTV BS like 50 cent or eminem......in alotta ways you can consider these sur rappers "the real" deal, so to speak, in todays hiphop market..thats a rare thing.

and on blacks creating lowriders....post up some documented proof! or shutup...put up or shutup.
Most peeps on this board are totally aware of the well documented accomplishments in lowriding that mexicans have made, but ive yet to see any convincing evidence as to the creation of the art by blacks.

But yeah.....i have no animosity towards any black person, treat me with respect and that is what you will get in return.
If anything i really really want to see blacks and mexicans come together as common allies and focus our collective energy on the real enemy!

peace out
i completely agree with you, on ALL points. i was about to get up here and say the same.... i'm down here in southern cali and Sur's dont get no love on the radio that much, ALTHOUGH, as of late, your hearing more and more cats doing it. I've always been a fan of the production, the lyrics that alot of'um have, and the delivery,you know, but i'm just waiting to see where it goes, cause there's a grip of them dudes that can outflow some of these mainstream fools. NORTE's is cool too though. i bump some of them "black-n-brown entertainment" fools, they on point, but down south, they clown on the production level. i've heard ALOT of nothern flow that wasnt clean/clear.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » June 25th, 2005, 6:36 pm

I got a question, if the Surenos, do not like blacks, why the F--K, are there Sureno Rappers?, sounds like an Oxymoron to me, i could be wrong though

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » June 25th, 2005, 6:43 pm

^^^ I agree sur homos are always riffin. crying how they dont like niggers and nortes are fake for befriending niggas and all that otha dumb shit they say. hating on others for supposedly acting black YET they grab the mic and yo yo yo up a fuckin storm, pop lock and B-Boy shit to death- sag their pants and all that ish BUT they hate niggers huh? them niggas is sweeter than churros

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » June 25th, 2005, 6:44 pm

oh yeah, they rock southpole like its going out of style (which it did like 8 years ago) these niggas are str8 OXYMORONS, well said B

BlueCadillaC167
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BlueCadillaC167 » June 25th, 2005, 9:53 pm

Southpole was never in style chief. But I did have a southpole bubblecoat.

blakman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blakman » June 25th, 2005, 9:55 pm

These funny mothafu_kers talk about how they hate black people(niggers),but they do rap music, they saggin now, they walking, talking and acting black now. :roll: Then they have the nerve of accusing nortenos of acting black when you acting "black" your damn self. :roll: You vatos weren't walking and talking like that a couple of years ago and you have the nerve of accusing somebody of acting black!!!What y'all need to do is start looking in the damn mirror before you accuse somebody else, mainly nortenos, puerto ricans and dominicans of acting "BLACK". :lol: You "dudes" are so confused it ain't even funny!!

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » June 25th, 2005, 10:38 pm

purplecityhello wrote:^^^ I agree sur homos are always riffin. crying how they dont like niggers and nortes are fake for befriending niggas and all that otha dumb shit they say. hating on others for supposedly acting black YET they grab the mic and yo yo yo up a fuckin storm, pop lock and B-Boy shit to death- sag their pants and all that ish BUT they hate niggers huh? them niggas is sweeter than churros
some of you only know things about California because of what you read here on this site. listening to "thereal" a little bit too much. Sur's can be cool with Blacks if they want. Mr.Capone-E worked with Dr.Dre and Nate Dogg and if he hated Blacks so much he wouldnt have worked with them and he wouldnt even being rapping.

anonymousman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by anonymousman » June 26th, 2005, 5:05 pm

knightowl has songs with these rappers..... jayo felony, daz dillinger, suga free the pimp, bookie loc i think thats how u spell it, then mr shadow has one with kurrupt, one with daz azzdillinger, brownside has a song with eazy-e as a matter of fact eazy e asked them if they could make boyz in the hood in spanish so they did it, what about la colonia cowboys from oxnard they have a song with snoop they are all southsiders. & i dont see none acting black so where are you getting your facts from what rappers are the ones acting black? the only one i heard fk up & had some racism pop out was conejo

anonymousman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by anonymousman » June 26th, 2005, 5:24 pm

i just read like half of this thread & read some sht that everyone keeps talkilng about blacks vs mexicans this internet racism sht needs to stop cause thats something going on in LA and sooner or later if people keep reading things on the internet lil kids are gonna spread sht out and it wont just be LA keep the black vs mexican thing in LA and quit talking about that sht on the internet like you're advertising the drama. Out here where i'm at we're all cool & thats it as a matter of fact i drive down south with a black homeboy once in a while cause where i live at theres a park called el parke de los negros & all u see is black & mexican families playing basketball & BBQing surenos see me dealing with blacks & no one has said anything to me, i didnt even know about that untill i went on this website.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » June 27th, 2005, 7:02 am

none of ya are answering the question...

if ya hate people who act black, why do ya have such a love for hip hop culture? wouldnt that be considered acting black? i.e. rapping - rhyming words with your lil mic up on stage to a beat. haha

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » June 27th, 2005, 8:55 am

hip hop isnt an only black thing anymore. more whites, puerto ricans, and other hispanics are rapping now more then ever and that number will only increase. its no surprise that mexicans somehow got in on it somehow too.

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » June 27th, 2005, 9:02 am

I agree with some of you guys about mexicans rappinp. Personally, I really don't like rap it's my least favorite music.

When, I hear mexicans rapping it's just embarrassing and it's hypocrital because you know alot of these mexican rappers don't like mexicans.

When mexicans rap to me their just being wiggers. That's just my opinion though, I'm sure some of you guys think differently.

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » June 27th, 2005, 9:05 am

Sorry for the double post their ain't no damn edit button.

I agree with some of you guys about mexicans rapping. Personally, I really don't like rap it's my least favorite music.

When, I hear mexicans rapping it's just embarrassing and it's hypocrital because you know alot of these mexican rappers don't like blacks.

When mexicans rap to me their just being wiggers. That's just my opinion though, I'm sure some of you guys think differently.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » June 27th, 2005, 9:04 pm

purplecityhello wrote:none of ya are answering the question...

if ya hate people who act black, why do ya have such a love for hip hop culture? wouldnt that be considered acting black? i.e. rapping - rhyming words with your lil mic up on stage to a beat. haha

to US, acting Black would be talking like a Black person, going around saying the word NIGGA, claiming Crip or Blood, having your hair done like a Black person. Surenos rap, but in their own Chicano style. In other words..their being themselevs. ..NOT trying to be someting they are not. so NO. rapping isnt considered "acting" Black.

tysuave
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: vegas

Unread post by tysuave » June 28th, 2005, 12:34 am

if you hate blac people so much you shouldent have anything to do with anything in the blac coulter and thats why I feel mexican rap will never go far cuzz in rap if the blaccs dont support it then it wont be execepted!!

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 28th, 2005, 5:03 pm

Music transcends ethnicity and race. Music is food for the soul, and just like real food, it blends and changes according to the taste of the consumer.

Without a doubt, Black Artists & their music has contributed greatly to the Chicano Gang culture from the earliest of times. And without a doubt the most loyal group of fans for the great olden Black Artists are the Chicanos.

Music along with slang intermixes in these two groups, more often than some care to acknowledge. Everything else between these two cultures is also subject to blending because of their inter-relations living the same marginalized experience next to each other here in the U.S.

Aspects from both cultures are always blending into something new and cool. Take for instance simple things like the word LOK' used by Blacks, but derived from the Chicano LOCO. Or the word eSe, originally used by all Chicanos as a way of calling out to each other (for ex: “ese” vato esta bien loco / “that” dude is way too crazy), but afterwards it began to be used and applied by Blacks when referring to Mexicans/Chicanos.
Subsequently “eSe’s” became a term associated with the Sureños.

So you might agree with me that changing things up, is a norm out in the young people’s party world.

But even though music, slang, and styles mix-up & blend-in together, there still remains a distinct flavor in those things changed up, which are clearly and uniquely re-formulated to the taste desired by the ethnic groups who re-developed & modified it.

In the case of rap music, there exist many differences in style and talents between the Artists. Not too long ago when rap started out, there were those recognized Artists who had the street attitude, which clearly and immediately separated them from mainstream American dancehall funky pop music.
But rap, like all other types of music, also branched out and different styles formed. For instance West Coast vs. East Coast, and later the addition of South Coast, to name the most prominent during those times.
Rap has now been fully incorporated into various other forms and styles of music, from Reggae to Sureño Rap. However, in each of those different styles, the incorporation of specific slang language, and cultural attitude, as well as particular rhythms, makes it much a part of the adopting group, just as it was in its previous form -a part of the originators.

Take for instance the L.A. Black Gangster music Artist like TUPAC, who without a doubt was finely in-tune with the street warrior, and his words rang true for all, from the South Side to the East Side, and these type of Street Artist are re-invented by some of the Chicano rappers, while others re-invent other artists from olden times. But the style remains street gang oriented with a Chicano flavor in it, which without its own flavor -it would remain “Black Music”.

Today, you also have rap music which ain't Gangster, or is "wanna-be" gangsta'. And there is also sh*t talkin' rap that ain't Gangster music, just big mouths with a mic' and some valley girl with daddy's rich wallet to support their notoriety.

Not all Spanish rap is accepted by Chicanos. It is only the rap music which incorporates the Chicano slang, attitude and culture, the one that is recognized.
The others who fail to understand this ^ ^ ^ ^, do not make it past the youngster era.

All true recognized Chicano flavored music lives past “the young”, and is forever played in the stereos and fiestas. It don’t matter from where the music was re-developed or borrowed from, be it Jazz, Rock & Roll, Blues, Classic Rock,Reggae, Funk, Rap, or any other. They are all “part” of the Chicano world either in its original or re-invented form, but nevertheless a part of the experience.

But whether it be Sureño rap or other types of any type of “Hispanic” rap, for the most part -“if it’s just on-and-on sh*t talking and dissing”
"THEN IT DON’T GO WELL WITH THE VAST CHICANO OR MEXICAN AUDIENCE and REJECTED."

It ain’t because of racial prejudice or anything like that, its just simply that Chicanos and Mexicans are of a difference in attitude concerning what is preferred in music.
We tend to be more romantic and mellowed-out in our taste, and like to incorporate a combination of many instruments, complementing the words with a ceratain non-chaotic structure.

That is why we love Oldies, and Artists like War & Santana.

One needs only to check out the Chicano Bands both of New and Old, to see and understand the concept of “GROUP” as opposed to “INDIVIDUAL”.
The Familia cultural attitude is empty unless it is incorporated into all, WE CEASE TO BE, IF WE ARE NOT FAMILY

So unless the Sureño or Rapper incorporates into his music, certain Chicano ingredients, then he has failed and will surely pass away like many other "fads."

~THAT IS MY HONEST AND SINCERE "OPINION" ON THE TOPIC AT HAND~

WE BOTH LOVE CARNE ASADA & BBQ'S AT THE PARQUE WITH THE TUNES PLAYING, AND WE BOTH HATE "BUNK".

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » June 29th, 2005, 11:29 am

Well said Lone, But why the small racist sects within the Surs?, why listen to the music of those they view as, "monkeys"?

jae
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jae » June 29th, 2005, 11:37 am

purplecityhello wrote:none of ya are answering the question...

from experience, the mexican dudes who say they dont like blacks, are only speaking about the black THUGS, not blacks in general. there's a HUGE difference. and the ones who hate black thugs DONT play rap, unless its sur rap. they play the oldies though, but thats different, cause it aint black thuggin', it's just black singin' (not saying there arent any other races singin oldies cause lord knows i got a gang of latins, whites, everybody singin oldies). i've never heard sur rap artists "act" black on the mic. how do you do that anyway? they rap about what they know, and thats pretty much it. they still got they mexican accents, speak on "they" hoods, and rap about aztlan, etc... you know. they keep it cultured, from what i see/hear. rap aint a black thing, we just started it. a gang of'um speak spanish on the mic to, is that being black?

now if they start flying red and blue flags and sayin whassup cuzz/blood, and not being from the hood, THEN i'll say them fools is selling out and "acting" black. And they been saggin homey, just depends on the homey. some go high, some go low...you feel me. you cant take the actions of a few and label all of them with it.

jae
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jae » June 29th, 2005, 11:44 am

lonewolf, good post man...

anonymousman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by anonymousman » June 29th, 2005, 2:09 pm

tysuave wrote:if you hate blac people so much you shouldent have anything to do with anything in the blac coulter and thats why I feel mexican rap will never go far cuzz in rap if the blaccs dont support it then it wont be execepted!!
who said black people have to approve of something in order to be accepted.... since when do they control the media? besides, without the support of the mexicans/puerto ricans/ & the white people hiphop would still be some sort of underground thing only heard of in the bronx.