Dirty South rippin off west side artists?

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
AznWarrior

Dirty South rippin off west side artists?

Unread post by AznWarrior » September 20th, 2004, 10:52 pm

On DJ Quick's joint "Here's what they think about cha", he talks about how the Dirty South's doing nothin but biting west coast styles and makin it their own. Any validity to that?

1111§
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Dirty South rippin off west side artists?

Unread post by 1111§ » September 21st, 2004, 7:43 am

Some people say there are alot of things the south and west got in common,and I think so,too.I think Quik is speakin on Gangbangin,but the south got it´s own culture,just like every other region.They got candy paint gold fronts,screwed and chopped music and all kinds of regional sounds,they started candy paint and syrup.I think there are more people bitin the south right now than any other region.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » September 21st, 2004, 7:54 am

Did you just say that the south invented candy paint? Are you serious? You got some nerve homie. They took bangin, they took how we dress, they took our beats (up until this new funny style shi- came out). The gold fronts they took from the east coast. They have nothing really original except for this new 2000 or after type lil john and lil flip bullshi-. They did actually invent the style of rap with no talent and annoying beats, but they ust started this in the last couple years.

Sleep100

Unread post by Sleep100 » September 21st, 2004, 8:48 am

the south stole the gold grills from the east coast? muthafucca just because east coast had popularity before the south did dont mean muthafuccas wasnt grillin out here already fool, quit hatin on the south fool

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » September 21st, 2004, 10:27 am

well, I still think the east was doin it first, but either way, both y'all are stupid for it. Ignorant ass fools live in the projects and drive a bucket but got gold in they mouth. Dumb. And y'all musis still sucks nuts and you didn;t invent candy paint. And syrup? Who in the west says that shi-? Nobody, who would want to? Or are you saying that the south invented liquor? Dumbthread, dumber post. Everyone knows the south bites everything from everyone. Verry little originality from them. Except for this new cluib music with crap lyircs. They basically take from the east, take from the west, and sprinkle it with backward ignorance and call it theirs.

J-DUB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by J-DUB » September 21st, 2004, 12:10 pm

I DONT KNOW WHO STARTED WHAT B'KAUSE I WASNT IN ALL THE REGIONS WHEN THE NEW THING (WHATEVER IT IS/WAS) STARTED. AS MUCH AS I LOVE THE WEST, I LIKE THE SOUTH AND THE EAST. SOUTH B'KAUSE I LOVE CHOPPED N SCREWED MUSIC, AND THE FELLAS DOWN THERE ARE OFF THE HOOK IN EVERY WAY. THE EAST B'KAUSE THEY GET SHIT BEFORE KALI DOES, LIKE KLOTHES AND SHOES AND THATS WHAT I LOVE. BUT ALL REGIONS ARE DIFFERENT IN THEY OWN WAY AND GOT THEY OWN STYLE IN DIFFERENT ASPEKTS. BUT THERE AINT NO OTHER PLACE I RATHER BE THEN KALI.

anonymousman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by anonymousman » October 7th, 2004, 9:11 pm

copying the dirty south? people here used to dress like nelly with their pants down and hat backwards like back in the early 90's like 91-92, the only difference is that fool looks like a clown with all those colors and his fake teeth so who's the biter? lol before you notice they're gonna start wearing nike cortez or something. whats up with the fake teeth now whats that all about who wants to copy that? lowriders are from the westcoast dont ever forget that.

Zone 3

Unread post by Zone 3 » October 9th, 2004, 1:26 pm

I'm 31 and from the south and I was rockin Dopeman nikes(cortez in 1983.hahaha the west didn't have rap or on tv so how we get that from yall??The West and South are similar in music styles and beats well up until Lil John came out cuz look at cats like OUTKAST, Geto Boys, UGK.You can take there beats and any westcoast nigga can flow over them and vice versa.Oh and Gold fronts stated in the South homies Ny niggaz whole mouth was grilled out back in the dayz but down south ATL and MIA we rocked our shit on the 4 corners.....Only thing I got from NY was my lil flavor flav clock i used to sport

PAPI CHULO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PAPI CHULO » October 9th, 2004, 1:45 pm

I think rap is all shit now
fuck lil john,flip,50 cent, fuck all of em

Ever since Pac died rap died with him

anonymousman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by anonymousman » October 9th, 2004, 5:50 pm

who's the boxer with the gold tooth, isnt it mike tyson? i think thats where they got it from.

Zone 3

Unread post by Zone 3 » October 9th, 2004, 6:56 pm

hahahaha niggaz been wearin grillz WAY before 1988

Sheeklouchdblock
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Sheeklouchdblock » October 11th, 2004, 8:48 am

I dont think the south is neccassary rippinoff the Westside artist, But the way I see it I say Everybody from all sides, West Coast, East Coast, Dirty South, Midwest is takin portions off of all sides......You got Ny thats know for niggas wearin they Jordans,Timbs, Jerseys, High Quality name brands and etc., Niggas from all sides are doing it now.....You got the West thats mostly know For niggas saggin they Dickies, Lumberjacks, Chucks, Etc...Niggas from all over doin that now, You got the South(Mid west and Dirty) Known for the Grills, and All that other shit.....Being that Rappers from different part of the world is on TV now n shit, Everybody see they style and Run with it...So it aint really about which coast copy off of the other, Its about whoever is from where and they have they own style,Its about whoever is out and they have they own style someone is gonna copy it......Trust me, No one got they own style for long.....You could wear anything you want that you think noone is gonna copy ya shit, but give it time you gonna see some niggas doin the same thing, Thats why Many styles dont stay too long because it keep changin because niggas copy alot or watch tv and wanna be like they fav artist......

smokey
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by smokey » October 16th, 2004, 8:10 pm

the only reason yall think the south is bitin yall cuz there is alot of bangin crip and blood in the south.we ghetto fabulous in the south dickies chucks gold and platnium grillz and candy paint on the hoopd,sippin syrup,slowed down music.we aint bitin nobody yall just sum haters cuz we hot and u not.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » October 16th, 2004, 9:24 pm

man I can't front I love that screwed and chopped shit, I'm feelin that Z-Ro and some other stuff from the south, but in general I feel that the West is way more original and always will be. Also just like I said in another post, that fast double time or 'machine-gun' rap that the South bit was perfected and originated in the West. I used to clown the shit out of the Texas, but you know what in the end that Screw and Rap-A-Lot shit grew on me. Collabs between the south and west happen a whole lot and there's always going to be commonalities between the two; like Scarface and Eiht on Music 2 Driveby, like UGK and a whole lotta cats from the West. There's alotta historical ties between the music scenes of Motown Detroit and Houston Texas, but where did the founder of Motown, Berry Gordy, move to? L.A.

JONES
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JONES » October 16th, 2004, 9:39 pm

PRIME SAMPLE master p

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by K1LLJOY » November 27th, 2004, 10:27 pm

the south is too creative to try to be like anyother wack artist from other states all i listen to is south bekuz they make the best sh-t this westcoast rap sh-t is dead and is no longer tight westcoast rap died in 1999 and the eastcoast makes hard sh-t to the west aint never coming back and im from the west

Nik
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Nik » November 27th, 2004, 11:15 pm

I cant stand that down south hurr thurr shit is gay as fuck

Loeki
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Loeki » November 30th, 2004, 5:18 pm

South always had their style with West influences and East influences. But the CRUNK shit is definitely their own style

The Westcoast need to do more dope West colabo's, them dudes are beefin with each other with that gangstuff. How come I've never heard a Dj Quik/Ice Cube collabo or MC Eiht ft Jayo Felony & Spice 1 spittin on a hard azz Dre beat or somethin?

If you look at Down South and East they do more big time collabo's with major cats from the same coasts

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by K1LLJOY » November 30th, 2004, 10:23 pm

Nik wrote:I cant stand that down south hurr thurr shit is gay as fu--
you out of your f-cking mind. but then all your exposed to is that mainstream bullsh-t anyways. thers alot of sh-t you just dont know boy

mamlook
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mamlook » November 30th, 2004, 10:53 pm

Man phawk that we been rollin with golden grills since early 80's wtf, possibly even b4 that. How did we bite the west coasts clothing style? I dont know about the rest of the south but we rock polo homie...no dickies here

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Individual » December 1st, 2004, 1:08 am

the east coast is the one thats bitting the west coast

Nik
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Nik » December 1st, 2004, 1:24 am

K1LLJOY wrote:
you out of your f-cking mind. but then all your exposed to is that mainstream bullsh-t anyways. thers alot of sh-t you just dont know boy
what the fuck are you talkin bout dumb nigga southern music is the most mainstream right now....thats all you see on mtv and bet is southern artist....and who you callin boy?aint you that lil kid that was on here claimin 2 ps and than got exposed and said you wasnt from there no more?

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by K1LLJOY » December 2nd, 2004, 6:50 pm

Individual wrote:the east coast is the one thats bitting the west coast
i bet you cant explain that either so please help us out here how and the hell can the eastcoast bite the westcoast and the sorry a-ss westcoast aint about sh-t?

explain and dont freeze up

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by K1LLJOY » December 2nd, 2004, 6:56 pm

Nik wrote:
K1LLJOY wrote:
what the fu-- are you talkin bout dumb nigga southern music is the most mainstream right now....thats all you see on mtv and bet is southern artist....and who you callin boy?aint you that lil kid that was on here claimin 2 ps and than got exposed and said you wasnt from there no more?
acutally i havent been exposed obviosly yall dont listen or pay attention
and i dont want to have to explain my self again so ima just say this
im from pacoima the eastside i grew up around them then i moved to palmdale and alot of them are out here i ran with them i know who they are i know what they are about and they aint sh-t they are garbage they suck they aint riders not too long ago one of them got shot 3 times in the head in lancaster kuz the man thought he can do sh-t by him self like all pacoima pirus think thats why they get killed so damn much its pathetic.

and back on the southern rap thing like i said just bekuz you see those mainstream southern rap artist on tv dont mean those are the only rap artist from the south existing ok and like i said all i do is listen to southern rap and i dont got none of those niggas albums that you see on tv.

have you ever heard of underground rap? common since use your head
and i apologize for calling you BOY but of course you cant accpet that but what black can accpet anything right? lol ok let me stop
Last edited by K1LLJOY on December 4th, 2004, 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

mamlook
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mamlook » December 3rd, 2004, 4:36 am

To basically sum up what Ive been reading on this board is this:

Anything thats not from the west is wack n fake, whether its gangs or music.

Red_Diamond
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Red_Diamond » December 3rd, 2004, 11:05 am

I don't know who started what, but I lived in fla and you see a lot more niccas from the south ridin big sitting on 24" rims and now 26" Tv's all though there car.......All I could say is everybody tryin to do it big and I havent really seen that any where eles. As for rap if you ask me it's alike in a couple ways but at the same time different to that boy that said that Dirty South music is annoyin dawg u str8 trippin you need to hit a club up and see how crunk everybody gets lol

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by K1LLJOY » December 4th, 2004, 2:33 am

mamlook wrote:To basically sum up what Ive been reading on this board is this:

Anything thats not from the west is wack n fake, whether its gangs or music.
thats basicly what thies people are saying. but i dont agree with it they full of them selves

FoEvaFlamin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FoEvaFlamin » December 20th, 2004, 9:24 pm

J-DUB wrote:I DONT KNOW WHO STARTED WHAT B'KAUSE I WASNT IN ALL THE REGIONS WHEN THE NEW THING (WHATEVER IT IS/WAS) STARTED. AS MUCH AS I LOVE THE WEST, I LIKE THE SOUTH AND THE EAST. SOUTH B'KAUSE I LOVE CHOPPED N SCREWED MUSIC, AND THE FELLAS DOWN THERE ARE OFF THE HOOK IN EVERY WAY. THE EAST B'KAUSE THEY GET SHIT BEFORE KALI DOES, LIKE KLOTHES AND SHOES AND THATS WHAT I LOVE. BUT ALL REGIONS ARE DIFFERENT IN THEY OWN WAY AND GOT THEY OWN STYLE IN DIFFERENT ASPEKTS. BUT THERE AINT NO OTHER PLACE I RATHER BE THEN KALI.
PREcIATE that SHAWTY.....SAID IT ONcE AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN.....the WOMEN LOVE US SOUTH NIGGAZ. WE can GO TO ANY REGION AND FUcK the BADDEST BITcHES.....SOOWOO

FoEvaFlamin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FoEvaFlamin » December 21st, 2004, 11:35 am

Red_Diamond wrote:I don't know who started what, but I lived in fla and you see a lot more niccas from the south ridin big sitting on 24" rims and now 26" Tv's all though there car.......All I could say is everybody tryin to do it big and I havent really seen that any where eles. As for rap if you ask me it's alike in a couple ways but at the same time different to that boy that said that Dirty South music is annoyin dawg u str8 trippin you need to hit a club up and see how crunk everybody gets lol
WE RETIRED EVERYTHING BELOW 24" MY NIGGAZ ROLLIN 24" ON EXPIDITION, 24" ON DROP TOP DELTA 88, MY NIGGA RIDIN 27" ON BUBBLE CAPRICE CLASSIC with 2 15" LCD SCREENS, AND I AM STILL PLAYIN with 22" ON A DROP TOP DELTA 88 BUT THE PAINT JOB IS FLAWLESS (CANDY CRANBERRY AND WINE MIXTURE). BOUT TO RETIRE THEM BITCHES AND PUT SOME 24 ON that ASS. AND MY OG RIDIN 26" ON A YUKON

1111§
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 1111§ » December 21st, 2004, 11:46 am

the south got the car game on look considering rims and interior pimpin....

FoEvaFlamin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FoEvaFlamin » December 21st, 2004, 4:11 pm

thrak wrote:the south got the car game on look considering rims and interior pimpin....
SAY IT AGAIN SAY IT AGAIN

Red_Diamond
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Red_Diamond » December 21st, 2004, 9:40 pm

Thats where it's at