Who's hot? in 2003 & 2004

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
Anonymous20

Who's hot? in 2003 & 2004

Unread post by Anonymous20 » May 30th, 2003, 12:42 pm

Tupac :evil: :twisted:
50 cent :evil: :twisted:

C-rum
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by C-rum » May 30th, 2003, 2:59 pm

50 cent o lokc jawed self is a hoe too he aint no real gangsta aint no real G gonna sign with gay Dre an Eminim white ass we all know he aint know G 50 cant talk about nobody his sucka ass only lived cuz he got shot up in his legs and hands he aint really take no slugs to the body.

Young E Baggs

50 is top 3 realest niggas ever

Unread post by Young E Baggs » May 31st, 2003, 1:51 pm

50 Lived the stuff he talk about u could hear it in his rhymes no disrespect to B.i.G. and Pac But big got his hustle but he wasnt wild like 50 or pac.Pac never lived real street life.Big nor Pac never bodied nobody over drugs and stuff like that.Pac wasnt locked up prior to the rape case.50 was looked up at 16 did the 3 to 9 so u tell me who's livin the real gangsta life.

But Pac and Big are the two best rappers ever

Unread post by Guest » June 1st, 2003, 11:32 pm

Any Fool can go to jail that dont make you gangsta its what you go for

Unread post by Guest » June 2nd, 2003, 11:23 pm

I don't know what you're talkin about "B.I.G. didn't live the life", man please, you don't know shit. Biggie was real...period. Duke did a couple of bids before he became famous, what you think? You think 50's the only cat in the music industry to get locked up? Come on chump, stop talkin shit.

Unread post by Guest » June 4th, 2003, 8:44 am

c-rum.. 50 got shot in the face!! what dis legs and arms and S@$% you talkin??

C-rum
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by C-rum » June 5th, 2003, 3:01 pm

Whoa it went in and out of his mouth I saw that but the majority caught him in his legs and arms just you get shot that doesnt make you gangsta he probaly got popped for talkin shit on those weak ass underground tapes he made B4 thats what fucc im talkin bout

pacs_thug_qween

PaC was but now mayb 50 cent

Unread post by pacs_thug_qween » June 13th, 2003, 4:08 am

Pac was the hottest rapper and still is but outta the new cumers 2 the rap game id say 50 cent coz his lyrics r real lyfe lyk pacs are.....eminem aint $H!+......

Fre$h
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Fre$h » June 14th, 2003, 1:01 pm

Why the hell did you delete my post about the Weathermen?? Anyway, the hottest rappers right now are listed below.

Bone Thugs-n-Harmony : Layzie Bone, Krayzie Bone, Wi$h Bone, Bizzy Bone, & Flesh-n-Bone

The Weathermen : Cage, El-P, Copywrite, Camu Tao, Jakki the Motamouth, Y@k Ballz, Vast Aire, Breeze Brewin, & Tame One

Necro

Nonphixion : Ill Bill, Sabac Red, Goretex, & DJ Eclipse

Aesop Rock

Del The Funky Homosapien

Dilated Peoples : Iriscience, Evidence, & DJ Babu

Outkast : Andre 3000, & Big Boi

Mr. Lif

Cannibal Ox : Vast Aire, & Vordal Megallah

Swollen Members : Mad Child, & Prevail

There is too much high quality hiphop out there to name everybody, but these are some of my personal favorites. Y'all should check em out.

C-rum
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by C-rum » June 14th, 2003, 1:44 pm

Who the Fuc are these rappers you posted I aint never heard of none of these niggas except Bone whove fell off by the way and outkast whove also fallen off.

Fre$h
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Fre$h » June 14th, 2003, 1:48 pm

How did they "fall off", cause they're not on tv 24-7 right now?? They still make quality music, I thought that's what it was all about. I didn't realize it was a popularity contest.

C-rum
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by C-rum » June 14th, 2003, 1:53 pm

Outkast hasnt put out nothin hot since theyre 3rd Album Stankonia was Garbage ever since Dre started messin with erica badu he started actin funny and turned out Big Boi shouldve slapped the hell out that nigga and asked him what the fucs your problem we supposed to be southern Playas you going alternative Bone sherm head selves speak for themselves Mo thug please.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » June 19th, 2003, 8:18 pm

THESE DAYZ I DONT SEE NOTHING HOT OUT OF RAP
the HOT DAYZ WAS back FROM 89 TO 96 .
IN MY OPINION AINT NOTHING HOT RIGHT NOW
NOTHING BUT A GANG OF WANNA PAC FAKE ASS NIGGAS WITH BANDANAS CLAIMIN A SHIT JUST TO LOOK G FUCCEM
IMA BG KNOCC OUT FAN AND I REALLY THINK the NIGGA WAS HOT
BUT HES IN the PN FOR AT LEAST 4 MORE YEARS .

blkjopker
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by blkjopker » June 30th, 2003, 7:58 pm

Sup peoples first off I know you yall wondering (yeah I said yall) what the hell is jopker mean I meant to put joker. Anyway now that's out the way. I can not believe no one mention Jay-z, I don't care if you think he a punk or whatever reason you think you know him personally. But he spit some hot lyrics, and I have nothin against 2pac but if they were to put them both in a both who would win? You know 2 pac aint spit no hot lyrics, he was striaght forward and talked junk I give him that. But I have not heard any hot sh@# he said that mad me say that was hot. Jay come and you clam without rasing his voice and destroy you, don't tell me yall was not feeling Reasonable Doubt and Blue Print. Holla back acha boi.

blkjopker
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by blkjopker » June 30th, 2003, 8:01 pm

Yo I'm back I meant to say Jay come at you calm and dont raise his voice when he spit.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » July 1st, 2003, 9:56 am

I agree with bgCaspersscc on this topic, the new cats aren't really hittin' like back in the day rappers. My nice list is broken down per hip hop "era":

Golden Age (85-88)
Run Dmc
LL Cool J
BisMarkie
MC Shan
Boogie Down Productions
Eric B. & Rakim
Stetsasonic
Mantronik
DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince...don't front ya'll
Whodini
Newcleus...Jam On It
Egyptian Lover...the L.A. in me I guess
Africa Bambaataa & the Soul Sonic Force...u know you tried to poplock to all their hits...
Too Short...Born To Mack

West Coast Gangsta & Pro-Black Age (89-92)
Eazy E & NWA
Ice T
King T
EPMD
X-CLAN
Poor Righteous Teachers
D.O.C.
KRS-ONE
PUBLIC ENEMY
Ice Cube
Spice One
Low Profile...WC & DJ Alladin
Cypress Hill
Above The Law
Special Ed
GangStarr
Kool G Rap...whew...tuff mc right there
Nas...Illmatic and thats it...

Miscellaneous
Tribe Called Quest...Low End Theory
Snoop Dogg/DPG...their old stuff
Dr. Dre...The Chronic
Alkaholiks...First couple albums
Warren G...First Album plus Indo Smoke w/Mr. Grimm
Wutang Clan...Protect Ya Neck
Method Man
Ol Dirty Bastard
Raekwon's first album
Ghostfaces first 2 albums
DJ Quik's first album
2nd II None's first album
Bloods & Crips Comp.#1...Bloods won lyrically on that album
Tupac's Makaveli was the ultimate bomb
Gangstarr...Hard to Earn...whew...
Biggie Smalls...Ready to Die
Mobb Deep...album one
I know there's more, but can't think of them all...

How about these places to hear all this music??? Anybody remember these places in L.A.:
Hollywood Live
The Casa
Radiotron
Prince's Glam Slam
Bigga B's (RIP) rap shows
KDAY 1580 AM
KGFJ 1230 AM
DJ Tyrone Boogie Nelson
DJ Gregg Mack and the Mack Attack
Original KDAY Mixmasters
The Roadium
Slauson Swapmeet

sweetthang

Unread post by sweetthang » July 1st, 2003, 1:10 pm

C-rum wrote:50 cent o lokc jawed self is a hoe too he aint no real gangsta aint no real G gonna sign with gay Dre an Eminim white ass we all know he aint know G 50 cant talk about nobody his sucka ass only lived cuz he got shot up in his legs and hands he aint really take no slugs to the body.
:twisted: how u gonna call someone lock jaw bitch ur jaw gotta be lock or some shit cause 50 is nice and he is the shit right now like he said these rappers spittin bubblegum shit and cant fuck with his so fuck he the shit and what.

sweetthang

Unread post by sweetthang » July 1st, 2003, 1:14 pm

Anonymous wrote:c-rum.. 50 got shot in the face!! what dis legs and arms and S@$% you talkin??
:twisted: 50 did get shot in his leg and his arm,back, hand and more he got the scars to prave it what you think all nine shots went in his face nigga you trippin.

YG elbOWE rscg

Unread post by YG elbOWE rscg » July 1st, 2003, 3:02 pm

yeah im feelin caspersscc on this tip. i cant dig none of this new booty sh^% on tv these days. cats always on tv that cant flow just C like -NORTH SIDE IN HERE WHERE THE SOUTH SIDE IN HERE WHERE THE WEST SIDE IN HERE?-or- WE THROW THEM BOWS- WE DROP BOWS ON EM!! and then try to kicc some half azz flow but get tongue twisted C4 they even start kiccin rhymes.they just get up there an scream more than anything like some crazy azz whiteboy band like matilika or some shi*
i bumps old azz rap and ol sckool jams way back when songs really meant something and were personal. also like zapp n roger(of course) n all that ol g clinton\pfunk and dazz band cuzz all that sh*& C ridin.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » July 3rd, 2003, 4:38 am

yg elbowe i am a real ROGER TROUTMAN ZAPP FAN may he rest in peace
he was a genius .and if yall want to know what is hot for me, its zapp ,con funk shun, gap band , oio players ,shalamar, i even go back in the days with betty wright, mini riperton . and i agree with the homie dusty ain't nothing like the old school when rap was a street thang, man i love curtis blow and gran master flash i use to love them criminal minded when scott la roc was alive , remember jam on it, and the homie joe cooley and rodney o from nutty, but what really started rap in my city was the homie mixmaster spade and that nigga toddy tee they had this hit ,gangsta boogie , and then came eric may he rest in peace with that ''cruising down the street in my 64'' then dj quik did a fantastik album i mean quik is the name back in 89 was a real classic .nwa straight out of compton was the album of the century at least of our generation that shit have rocked the whole fucking world ,remember fuck the police ,gangsta gangsta ,that was so hot that the east coast got mad at us .i remember everybody at kelly park got mad at easy e, they all thought that they should be with e on mtv, they did a lot when his first hit got out ''boyz in the hood '' and his big homies them kelly ogs because easy was only a obg, they thought that they own eazy es ass ,and eazy knew that, he was clever ,so as soon as he got enuf cash he went out of kelly and hired body guards ,everybody was mad when they saw video clips without they ass in it ,those guys grew up with eric,but everybody got even more mad when tim dog started that fu-k compton shit ! everybody was hot back in those days remember ,ak 47, mac 11, every fool had one, that was the bangin days ,and every crips and dogs wanted tim dog dead .then you had this album out ''tweedy bird loc 187 ride by ''that was back in 91 or something ,i bet most of you never heard of this album , but that was a fucking classic !!!all tracks were produced by battle cat and had most of the rapper from the first' bangin on wax ' .the first bangin on wax was a classic too .then you had endo smoke in ''poetic justice ''that was a hit ,mister grimm warren g and nate ,at that time above the law did some kind of g funk too ,but long beach came up with some real shit in above the rim ,regulate was a masterpiece ,i still put that hit on my ride .then eazy e came up with'' real compton city gz '' no coment on this one ,this video was for me the realest video ever done in the street of compton in real location with real gang bangers it was fucking real i saw some of the shootings at kelly !!!!
then dre came up with the cronic the level of this album can't be reach again by nobody, and dre even with a good cronik 2000 never had the majic of his first solo album .then came snoop with a legendary album and even snoop will never do something as deep as the first doggystyle ,it was a big classic and the same for warren g his first shit will be his last good shit and i still listen to ''so many ways ''the shit!!!!!!!! is funky !!!!! just listen to that bass line ...then came the twinz with an exelent conversation ...but dove shack album was weak ecept that marvelous hit summertime in the lbc ...ok im fucking tired of tiping got other things to do so see yall and keep it compton .......

blkjopker
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by blkjopker » July 3rd, 2003, 4:19 pm

sweetthang wrote:
C-rum wrote:50 cent o lokc jawed self is a hoe too he aint no real gangsta aint no real G gonna sign with gay Dre an Eminim white ass we all know he aint know G 50 cant talk about nobody his sucka ass only lived cuz he got shot up in his legs and hands he aint really take no slugs to the body.
:twisted: how u gonna call someone lock jaw bitch ur jaw gotta be lock or some @$%* cause 50 is nice and he is the @$%* right now like he said these rappers spittin bubblegum @$%* and cant **** with his so **** he the @$%* and what.
First off sweet 50 cent is a wanksta and a bubble gum nigga, all he was doing in the streets was catchin bullets, from snitching on niggas. I lost all respect for him when he got on tv (BET) and said Murda Inc got there company from drug money. I dont care if he claims he deep in the streets he broke one of the first rule. Also he signed a restraining order on ja and gotti another thing you dont do go to the police if you have problems. He not real so everything he say in his songs i dont believe only him geeting shot up. Also just because you get shot up don't mean you hard up, just mean learn how to duck and move out the way. 50 another wanna be 2pac.

O.

Unread post by O. » July 7th, 2003, 4:18 pm

Like bgcass and alot of others are saying these new studio gangstas are whacc 50 like I said earlier is a weak lokc jawed snitch. Have any of ya'll heard of C-Bo I think he dropped str8 gangsta shit Till my casket Drops was a classic Killa Tay, Luni Coleone, Laroo and Brotha Lynch put out some sicc shit too from about 96-2000 all of them are from Sactown oh yeah and that nigga X-rated got some real shit too but these newer booty rappers aint comin with that same hunger.

the-answer

Unread post by the-answer » July 10th, 2003, 10:18 am

1.mobb deep
2.method man
3.nas

kitrena

Unread post by kitrena » July 11th, 2003, 11:44 am

sweetthang wrote:
Anonymous wrote:c-rum.. 50 got shot in the face!! what dis legs and arms and S@$% you talkin??
:twisted: 50 did get shot in his leg and his arm,back, hand and more he got the scars to prave it what you think all nine shots went in his face nigga you trippin.
the first peron you just know know and the second one you are so true i mean they have the scares but if you look at it like i lived and that is something to think about :)

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

I

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » July 11th, 2003, 2:12 pm

wouldn't say 50 was wack. He's just in major rotation right now, that fool has got like 1000 spins in rotation. The first time I heard of Eminem, that kid was wreckin' MC's on the underground tip...then bang he hooks up with DRE, now he's commercial? The definition of success/platinum status/being real is a blurry picture in hip hop. What is a true MC? Someone who writes deep stuff that touches you? Someone who writes about stuff you can relate to? Someone who can freestyle battle-rap? Someone who has actually lived they life they rap about? I'm seeing or feeling that there are major differences of opinion, depending upon age group or demographics. Me, I like music that I can gangsta boogie to or bump in the ride. But I also like "message" rap too. I don't mess with all that new booty stuff from like down south, all that "I like it when you blah blah right thurrr" or "my neck, my back". Lotsa mindless dribble right there, but the kids dig it. I will admit we all bumped 2LiveCrew back in the day, and that was too the point straight nasty booty shakin' music.

Ricky
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: Who's hot?

Unread post by Ricky » July 19th, 2003, 4:25 pm

Im also with B.G. casper i can't get down with these new names half the time they dont know what they are rappin about so how the hell am i gon know thats why i blaze to the oldies Parliment, Cameo, Atlantic Star, Gap Band , and as far as old school rap it Gotta Erick Wright or Dj Quik or NWA King tee ,Ice cube.
But now i cant get down with rap if it aint the Realtives

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » July 19th, 2003, 9:32 pm

all right ricky welcome to the club ...keep it funky ...keep it compton lol

remus

Unread post by remus » July 20th, 2003, 2:07 pm

Tupac wuz and will alwayz b my No. 1 rapper. I totally agree w/ Casper about 'Dear Mama'.
that wuz the biggest tribute a man can give to his mother.... that song will b played on my mothers funeral.

Az to other rappers it really depends on the album and tracks.
For instance the Predator album from Cube wuz straight.
'We had to tear this muthaf*cka up' explained to me how sh*t could blow up like that in LA.
From the 'New Jersey drive' soundtrack I liked 'Ain't nuttin' but killin' by MC Eight. 'Streight up Menace' wuz cool (same as 'Growin' up in the Hood')
Apache's 'Gangsta B*tch' brings back memories.
At the moment I listen to BG Knocc Out, Bangin on Wax 1 & 2 is constantly in my CD player.
For sure I could go on and list many more excellent rappers... but I won't.

Peace II All 8)

"One Day We'll All B Together... Until Then I'm Ready 4 Whateva"

Unread post by Guest » July 21st, 2003, 2:00 am

I GOTTA SAY D.J. QUIK, EAZY E, LUNIZ, AND I CAN'T BELIEVE NOBODY SAID E40. I DON'T REALLY CARE FOR 50 OR EMINIEM BECAUSE I ALL THEM NI99AZ IS DOIN IS BITEN PAC AND BIGGIE stuff.

vt
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by vt » July 21st, 2003, 9:37 am

i constanly bump Twista, e-40(in a major way,grit n grind,charlie hustle), david banner, ugk, d.j. quik, the relativez, brotha lung hung season of the sickness,

vt
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by vt » July 21st, 2003, 9:51 am

almost forgot the 2nd to none album was real tight with the songs if you want it, let the rythm take you there is a lot more tight songs on that album that was a classic, so was the Hi-C album skanless with i'm not your pupet, jack move and others classic on there, the murder was the case soundtrack was tight, i like yukmouth's thug lord album, i like ice cube's death certificate album, with no vasline, given up the nappy dugout, my summer vaction, steady mobbin, i like the ABOVE THE LAW ALBUM LIVIN LIKE HUSTLERS, THE FIRST AND SECOND SOUTH CENTRAL CARTEL ABLUMS SOUTH CENTRAL MADNESS, N GATZ WE TRUST,

vt
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by vt » July 21st, 2003, 12:17 pm

there's also spice 1 first 3 albums are tight, mac mall, too short, amg first album, that domino song geto jam was tight, the old geto boys, scarface is tight...i think i named e-nuff peace