Jin's New album?????

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
dopekid127
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by dopekid127 » November 16th, 2004, 4:01 pm

yeah thats true george..but for now, his written stuff aint all that..but his freestyle pretty dope..all i know is he can only improve, cant get any worse

ChAoS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ChAoS » November 23rd, 2004, 9:56 am

Jin's Cd sux

Blasia

Unread post by Blasia » November 24th, 2004, 1:43 pm

Actually there are some stand out songs on The Rest Is History.

Jin really made some good points flowing on Love Story, which is a moving song about an interacial relationship he had with a Black girlfriend in high school. Love Story talks about the racism, hardships, and prejudices they endured from Jin s racist father and society. The beat is good too. makes you wanna cry your hurt if you ever been in such a relationship.

also HERE NOW AND C mon are 2 blazing tracks that show jin and his fiery side.

oh yeah, the song where he raps about Tianamen Square, Child abortions in China, and how Asian kids are working in sweat shops making your nike shoes for 50 cents a week while you pay $100s of dollars for them was cool. In this song Jin speaks on how Asian families dont open up restaurants in order to entertain White people, they have no choice cuz the kids need to eat.

Wicked man!

Jin is good!

J-DUB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by J-DUB » November 30th, 2004, 6:45 pm

WACK, A FEW KOO SONGS

hellraiser3815
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by hellraiser3815 » December 29th, 2004, 3:22 pm

no but I got some GIn N JuCe

BfKCmOney
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by BfKCmOney » January 1st, 2005, 2:03 pm

Ice wrote:why would you wanna listen to some vietnamese kid who sounds exactly like eminem?
Hes Chinesse ese
I got that Cd its ok,but it got some good songs,
he aint no banger he even says it in his songs
Listen to it,then you can criticize.
Dont say shit If you dont know

nipset
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by nipset » January 1st, 2005, 4:59 pm

i;ve been jins homie before he got all the attention and shit.. yea his album is garbage, but he has sick tracks that arent on his album... like his choice fm freestyle, that shit was fire...

the album could have done better but virgin screwed him over

ChAoS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ChAoS » January 1st, 2005, 6:42 pm

I'm sure my 4 year old cousin could battle him for a deal lol=p)

CARDENAS
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by CARDENAS » March 1st, 2005, 6:45 pm

them boo ya tribe foo's look like lil fat girls with beards..LOL...

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » March 1st, 2005, 6:59 pm

Jin is a legend in the battle realm but sucks at a written MC.

olo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by olo » March 2nd, 2005, 7:19 am

wizdom wrote:Jin is a legend in the battle realm but sucks at a written MC.
Jin sucks as a battle rapper. Being the 106 and park champ has no credibility whatsoever. Its for cream puffs.

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » March 2nd, 2005, 2:06 pm

olo wrote:
Jin sucks as a battle rapper. Being the 106 and park champ has no credibility whatsoever. Its for cream puffs.
go watch his smack dvd battle with verse...or his battle against wreckonize and shellz in puerto rico where he won it all...

olo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by olo » March 2nd, 2005, 2:17 pm

kiCKer wrote:
olo wrote:
go watch his smack dvd battle with verse...or his battle against wreckonize and shellz in puerto rico where he won it all...
Verse, shellz, and wreckonize suck. So he is better than guys who suck. Which means he sucks. There are no more battle rappers anymore. Everybody sucks now. They all think 106 and Park and is how you battle and Jay-Z is how you suppose to rhyme.

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » March 2nd, 2005, 3:35 pm

olo wrote:
kiCKer wrote:
olo wrote:
Verse, shellz, and wreckonize suck. So he is better than guys who suck. Which means he sucks. There are no more battle rappers anymore. Everybody sucks now. They all think 106 and Park and is how you battle and Jay-Z is how you suppose to rhyme.
name five emcees that will beat Jin in a battle?? i never seen you say anybody is good. all i seen you do is hate...so much hate in you man...lol

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » March 2nd, 2005, 4:20 pm

CARDENAS wrote:them boo ya tribe foo's look like lil fat girls with beards..LOL...
They'd Kill youre monkey ass.

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » March 2nd, 2005, 5:19 pm

kiCKer wrote:
olo wrote:
kiCKer wrote:
olo wrote:
name five emcees that will beat Jin in a battle?? i never seen you say anybody is good. all i seen you do is hate...so much hate in you man...lol
Jin is a legend in the battle arena period. after 106 & Park, i thought he nise, but nothin special. But after the Fight Club in Puerto Riicccoo, whooooaaa Boy, that man is a beast. Battling period Jin is a legend. the Best Battlers of all time in my opinion. is Jin, Supernatural, Juice.

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » March 2nd, 2005, 8:21 pm

Eminem had mad success comin out cuz he was white and he had like his own white trash style. Jin is Asian, but he just raps like an average black dude u kno what im sayin? So ppl aint buyin that sh*t. Thats just how I see it.

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » March 2nd, 2005, 9:28 pm

makaveli389 wrote:Eminem had mad success comin out because he was white and he had like his own white trash style. Jin is Asian, but he just raps like an average black dude u kno what im sayin? So ppl aint buyin that sh*t. Thats just how I see it.
"white trash style"...lol

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » March 3rd, 2005, 1:19 pm

kiCKer wrote:
makaveli389 wrote:Eminem had mad success comin out because he was white and he had like his own white trash style. Jin is Asian, but he just raps like an average black dude u kno what im sayin? So ppl aint buyin that sh*t. Thats just how I see it.
i dont think Jin rap Black, i think he rap like himself. his shit aint even hot to me. he dont be talkin bout guns, i can respekt the nigga for that. But em lyrically is that nigga tho. i like his word-play but he aint my style.

olo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by olo » March 3rd, 2005, 1:40 pm

wizdom wrote:
kiCKer wrote:
i dont think Jin rap Black, i think he rap like himself. his shit aint even hot to me. he dont be talkin bout guns, i can respekt the nigga for that. But em lyrically is that nigga tho. i like his word-play but he aint my style.
Jin sounds like Emimem if you ask me. Again, if he was that nice, he would have blown up by now. He ain't that nice. For 106 and Park, maybe, but not Hip-Hop.

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » March 3rd, 2005, 4:20 pm

Naw, i think the industry ignored his release while the likes of Eminem, 50, Jay Z are always overhyped whenever they release another release.

Please. Its not about being a great artist and BAM!!!!! you sold millions and you go on tour.

Its all about promotions, distribution of your materials, marketing, and exposure.

I mean look at Vanilla Ice, Mc Hammer, New Kids on the Block. I bet Jin is 20 times more talented then these 1 hit wonders but; i bet the White people who own MTV, BET, Hot 97, etc etc don't have enough faith in an Asian Rapper.

Just look at Mountain Brothers, they are better then Vanilla Ice, Chingy, Etc ETC,.....

But Vanilla Ice sold way more then Jin/Mountain brothers ever will. Does that mean they are wacker then Vanilla Ice?!

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » March 3rd, 2005, 4:50 pm

olo wrote:
wizdom wrote:
kiCKer wrote:
Jin sounds like Emimem if you ask me. Again, if he was that nice, he would have blown up by now. He ain't that nice. For 106 and Park, maybe, but not Hip-Hop.
Gyea, Jin has a lot of talent, and he do sound like Eminem. But i kant believe u do not think this nigga is nice. fu-ck his album, kause his writtens are trash but this man is a legend in the battleground. this man is amazing in battles. u have to hear the Puerto Rico Fight Club

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » March 4th, 2005, 11:51 am

George wrote:Naw, i think the industry ignored his release while the likes of Eminem, 50, Jay Z are always overhyped whenever they release another release.

Please. Its not about being a great artist and BAM!!!!! you sold millions and you go on tour.

Its all about promotions, distribution of your materials, marketing, and exposure.

I mean look at Vanilla Ice, Mc Hammer, New Kids on the Block. I bet Jin is 20 times more talented then these 1 hit wonders but; i bet the White people who own MTV, BET, Hot 97, etc etc don't have enough faith in an Asian Rapper.

Just look at Mountain Brothers, they are better then Vanilla Ice, Chingy, Etc ETC,.....

But Vanilla Ice sold way more then Jin/Mountain brothers ever will. Does that mean they are wacker then Vanilla Ice?!
Thank you for that cats like olo dont understand how things work, you cant go by who has what and who is not getting there to determine if they good are not.

olo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by olo » March 4th, 2005, 12:00 pm

blkjoker wrote:
George wrote:Naw, i think the industry ignored his release while the likes of Eminem, 50, Jay Z are always overhyped whenever they release another release.

Thank you for that cats like olo dont understand how things work, you cant go by who has what and who is not getting there to determine if they good are not.
Look, Jin sucks. No matter how you slice it. I've heard him battle. If you think he is a "legend in battling" you must have started listening to hip-hop in 2000, because what he does sucks. That may seem cool right now because lyrics suck in this day and age, but his azz would be roasted by canibus, nas, jay-z, ll cool j, ice cube, Snoop, Kurupt,KRS, Big Daddy Kane, whether in the beginning of their careers or in this present day. So don't tell me about him being a legend. Jin may be considered "nice" against the Cassidy's, the Band's,Game's Freeway's and Joe Buddens of the world, but if you really want to talk some real rap lyrics, Jin sucks.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » March 4th, 2005, 12:12 pm

olo wrote:
blkjoker wrote:

Look, Jin sucks. No matter how you slice it. I've heard him battle. If you think he is a "legend in battling" you must have started listening to hip-hop in 2000, because what he does sucks. That may seem cool right now because lyrics suck in this day and age, but his azz would be roasted by canibus, nas, jay-z, ll cool j, ice cube, Snoop, Kurupt,KRS, Big Daddy Kane, whether in the beginning of their careers or in this present day. So don't tell me about him being a legend. Jin may be considered "nice" against the Cassidy's, the Band's,Game's Freeway's and Joe Buddens of the world, but if you really want to talk some real rap lyrics, Jin sucks.

Oh hell naw I never said Jin is a "legend in battling" Jin is ok but what I was pointing out you said if Jin was nice he would of blown up by now. So you mean to tell me Nelly, Chingy, 50 and all them are nice? I think Jin can hold his own against the new rappers of today in battlin, but he is a new in the game and he going to take bumps and lumps from people handling his album.

olo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by olo » March 4th, 2005, 12:45 pm

blkjoker wrote:
olo wrote:
blkjoker wrote:

Oh hell naw I never said Jin is a "legend in battling" Jin is ok but what I was pointing out you said if Jin was nice he would of blown up by now. So you mean to tell me Nelly, Chingy, 50 and all them are nice? I think Jin can hold his own against the new rappers of today in battlin, but he is a new in the game and he going to take bumps and lumps from people handling his album.
The new rappers of today suck, just like Jin. He was a gimmick because he was chinese.

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » March 4th, 2005, 12:56 pm

olo wrote:
blkjoker wrote:
olo wrote:
blkjoker wrote:

The new rappers of today suck, just like Jin. He was a gimmick because he was chinese.
I'm not feeling Jin like that. i dont like most rappers today, but in my opinion he's a very good battler/

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » March 4th, 2005, 7:21 pm

That song Jin did about a past relationship with a Black girl was nice. I also enjoyed his reflections regarding the night his man got shot in the club.

Really deep.

I don't like the fillers though.

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » March 5th, 2005, 3:21 am

olo wrote:
blkjoker wrote:
half the people you named cannot freestyle worth crap...all their supposed "freestyles" are pre-written...all the people you mentioned had better writtens though...no doubt they are ALL better than Jin as a writer. the only ones who i think will give Jin a run for the money in a FREESTYLE battle is Jay, Snoop, Kurupt, KRS-One, and Big Daddy Kane...so will Supernatural, Juice, Eyedea, Eminem.

how can you not say Jin is a good battle emcee? come on man...there's a difference between statin' opinions and facts and just straight out hatin'...

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » March 5th, 2005, 12:08 pm

kiCKer wrote:
olo wrote:
blkjoker wrote:
half the people you named cannot freestyle worth crap...all their supposed "freestyles" are pre-written...all the people you mentioned had better writtens though...no doubt they are ALL better than Jin as a writer. the only ones who i think will give Jin a run for the money in a FREESTYLE battle is Jay, Snoop, Kurupt, KRS-One, and Big Daddy Kane...so will Supernatural, Juice, Eyedea, Eminem.

how can you not say Jin is a good battle emcee? come on man...there's a difference between statin' opinions and facts and just straight out hatin'...
Thank you, thank you! Here is somebody who know what they are talking about. There are only a few who can do it all, write, make good albums and freestyle. Nas has some tight lyrics but cant freestyle at all, people never believe me. Snoop is not that good in freestyling, but the thing about snoop he can make his flow sound good. Also alot of people always say 2 pac was better then biggie in freestylin lol not even close. But Jin is good in battlin, some folks can do one good but not all, just like to me Em has yet to put a good album together (IMO). But he is good in everything else even though he overrated. They showed Jay-z on 60 mins. one time, and he was in the studio listening to a beat for the first time then went to the booth and spit it off the top. That was peoples first time knowing he did that, he was like he never wrote anything down when it came to him spittin. That is rare to find in the rap game, Biggie did it as well thats why I listen to cats yellin who wack this and that and don't know what they talking about. I been listening to hip hop since 86' and thats real, then cats like olo come on here hatin and don't know SH.

olo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by olo » March 5th, 2005, 6:17 pm

blkjoker and KiCKer are Chinese. Oh, by the way those guys DO freestyle, and would whip Jin's azz lyrically. You guys get off the Jin's peanuts. The kid sucks.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » March 5th, 2005, 11:33 pm

Yo dude I don't care for Jin, and I'm not in here trying to take up for dude like he is that good. I was calling you out because you say things you have no idea what you talking about. You are quick to say if "omebody is good then he should have blown up" When you know in the rap game its really about who gets the attention there way. Who stay on top of there game by promoting there self well. There are a lot of lames in the lime light gettin paid that are wack. And they are good ones that dont get the lime light or playand people are sleeping on. Sure Jin cant write as good as he battle, but dude is pretty good at battling. You act like I think he the best and he does not come close to be better then the ones you name lyrically. And again Nas, LL, and Snoop cant I repeat cant freestyle all them or writers.