Alvarez vs Kirkland

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Alvarez vs Kirkland

Unread post by oso1 » May 9th, 2015, 8:01 pm

I have nothing but respect for James Kirkland. He doesn't have the best technique, but he always comes to fight and gives it his all.

He took some real punishment tonight, I hope this fight didn't damage him much.

I'm not much of an Alvarez fan, but he did some really good work. He took advantage of Kirkland's wide punches and countered nicely.

Bring on GGG. Alvarez vs GGG will be a very good fight with plenty of action. I personally think that triple G is too much for him right now.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Re: Alvarez vs Kirkland

Unread post by Quepolo3 » May 10th, 2015, 9:42 am

@Oso1- That was a short but entertaining fight. I liked what I saw in both fighters. Kirkland has heart, and I liked what Canelo showed. Triple G has to be next, but you can def. see a big improvement in Alvarez.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » May 10th, 2015, 1:16 pm

Quepolo3 wrote:@Oso1- That was a short but entertaining fight. I liked what I saw in both fighters. Kirkland has heart, and I liked what Canelo showed. Triple G has to be next, but you can def. see a big improvement in Alvarez.
Yup a good fight. There's no quit in Kirkland.

You know I would like to see Canelo fight Cotto before he fights GGG. I would favor Cotto to win due to all his experience. It would be a classic Mexico vs Puerto Rico rivalry. You can even add the young champion vs the veteran.

The winner takes on GGG.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » May 11th, 2015, 9:31 am

The smart money is after Cotto vs. Geale, the winner fights GGG. Alvarez is being rebuilt after that Mayweather loss. They want him and Chavez more than him and GGG. Two Mexican favorites going at it. I like GGG but I don't think he is as good as HBO tries to sell.

Cotto will have some trouble with Geale if he is not on point. GGG and Cotto will be a good one.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » May 11th, 2015, 3:44 pm

Coup wrote:The smart money is after Cotto vs. Geale, the winner fights GGG. Alvarez is being rebuilt after that Mayweather loss. They want him and Chavez more than him and GGG. Two Mexican favorites going at it. I like GGG but I don't think he is as good as HBO tries to sell.

Cotto will have some trouble with Geale if he is not on point. GGG and Cotto will be a good one.
@ Coup- I think that you are right. If Cotto wins, I think that the Big money will be with the Alvarez fight. I didn't even think about the Chavez component. I think that we have some good ones coming up!

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » May 11th, 2015, 3:54 pm

Somebody just reminded me that that Chavez Jr. loss hurt the chances of that being the next fight. I still think that two big named Mexican fighters cannot be overlooked...instant money maker even if Canelo is a runaway favorite.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » May 11th, 2015, 7:35 pm

Chavez Jr last fight was at 175? And Canelo fights at 154. Can Chavez Jr even make 160 comfortably? Is Alvarez willing to move up to 160 now?

If it's about money, which I believe Cotto is all about since he's at the end of his career, he and Alvarez should fight each other next.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » May 12th, 2015, 9:55 am

A 160 catch weight is possible, but may not happen. Cotto can pick and choose if he gets by Geale.