LIL WAYNE 2 LEAVE CASHMONEY AND SIGN with ROC-A-FELLA

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
FoEvaFlamin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

LIL WAYNE 2 LEAVE CASHMONEY AND SIGN with ROC-A-FELLA

Unread post by FoEvaFlamin » February 9th, 2005, 5:20 pm

Leading the pack of rumors this week we have Lil Wayne of Cash Money. It is said that Jay-Z and his lawyers met with Wayne and his lawyers to iron out a deal to be on the Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam label. It is also said Birdman aka Baby gave the OK for his so called "little son" to make this move. This news came straight from our sources in the New Orleans... Can I get a Nola clap? We will keep you in the loop about this one.

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: LIL WAYNE 2 LEAVE CASHMONEY AND SIGN with ROC-A-FELLA

Unread post by K1LLJOY » February 13th, 2005, 7:15 pm

bullsh-t lil wayne would never do some cold disloyal sh-t like that

Sh3LLz
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Sh3LLz » February 14th, 2005, 2:01 pm

lil wayne not leaving...Jay and him had talks..but he under contract..he not going no where...

FoEvaFlamin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FoEvaFlamin » February 14th, 2005, 3:54 pm

Sh3LLz wrote:lil wayne not leaving...Jay and him had talks..but he under contract..he not going no where...
I damn sho hope he dont, cause I can see Jay Z havin him dancin and shit in loud color suits with rainbow strobe lights flashin everywhere. Fuck Jay Z commercial ass.

pimpsmooth420
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by pimpsmooth420 » February 15th, 2005, 4:21 pm

nah is sign bac with cash money for a 4 album deal

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by K1LLJOY » February 15th, 2005, 9:43 pm

FoEvaFlamin wrote:
Sh3LLz wrote:lil wayne not leaving...Jay and him had talks..but he under contract..he not going no where...
I damn sho hope he dont, cause I can see Jay Z havin him dancin and shit in loud color suits with rainbow strobe lights flashin everywhere. fu-- Jay Z commercial ass.
and lil wayne aint commercial?

FoEvaFlamin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FoEvaFlamin » February 15th, 2005, 11:17 pm

K1LLJOY wrote:
FoEvaFlamin wrote:
I damn sho hope he dont, cause I can see Jay Z havin him dancin and shit in loud color suits with rainbow strobe lights flashin everywhere. fu-- Jay Z commercial ass.
and lil wayne aint commercial?
NOT JAY Z COMMERCIAL. LIL MAKING SONGS WITH ROCK AND ROLL BANDS TO CATCH THE WHITE KIDS EARS. BASICALLY HE CROSSIN OVA HOMIE. ANOTHER REASON TO GET NOMINATED FOR GRAMMIES. NEVER HEARD LIL WAYNE BEING A GRAMMY NOMINEE OR ANY OTHER KINDA AWARD.

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » February 16th, 2005, 2:46 am

what's wrong with being commercial? ain't that what every artist wants? success?

Sh3LLz
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Sh3LLz » February 16th, 2005, 7:48 am

kiCKer wrote:what's wrong with being commercial? ain't that what every artist wants? success?
good point.....you could keep ya ass hooked to the streets for the rest of ya life if you want to...big even 50 said "fucc the hood"

nothing wrong with going commercial if you can live legal and live well...

so fucc the hood....once you out..STAY OUT....kinda like getting out of jail..then finding ya ass back locced up over some dumb shyt...

FoEvaFlamin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FoEvaFlamin » February 16th, 2005, 9:25 am

Sh3LLz wrote:
kiCKer wrote:what's wrong with being commercial? ain't that what every artist wants? success?
good point.....you could keep ya ass hooked to the streets for the rest of ya life if you want to...big even 50 said "fucc the hood"

nothing wrong with going commercial if you can live legal and live well...

so fucc the hood....once you out..STAY OUT....kinda like getting out of jail..then finding ya ass back locced up over some dumb shyt...
SO YOU DONT THINK YOU CAN B SUCCESSFUL W/OUT GOING COMMERCIAL? AND I COULD NEVER SAY FUCK THE HOOD DOG CAUSE WHEN the CHIPS ARE DOWN I CAN ALWAYS GOTO THE HOOD AND GET TO the MONEY.

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » February 16th, 2005, 4:16 pm

people misuse the word "commercial"...same with the word "pop", which just means popular...if you either, you are successful. you can be successful without becomin' either of the two...but the most success comes from the masses...which is what commercial music is...music for the masses...

and i don't think it's that a lot of artists say, "fuk the hood"...seems like there's a lotta envy goin' on. once you make it out, everybody expects you to take they azz with you...and if you don't, you're "neglecting the hood"...it goes both ways...sometimes the artists turn they backs and other times, they hood turns they back.