What yall think 'bout MOBB DEEP..?

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
POLISH.IN.DISGUISE

What yall think 'bout MOBB DEEP..?

Unread post by POLISH.IN.DISGUISE » September 9th, 2003, 11:25 am

Greets, i should say i 've got a nice knowledge 'bout the gangsta rap, but there is the one little problem...i know your West Coast music a litle bit, what i can't say bout the East Coast whitch i know, i think, almost good. Respect 4 yall at all, and that's the question:
Whad do you think (what's opinion in CA, LY and other countries) about MOBB DEEP, can you say, that, what they do is a real GANGSTA RAP?
Write all what you want, the more is the better for me, i dont even know what should you rather think

SRY for my language mistakes, i am from poland and dont know english as well as you :) so stay sharp, and post these topic, please. it should be helpfull

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Mars

Re: What yall think 'bout MOBB DEEP..?

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » September 9th, 2003, 12:29 pm

mobb deep is tight, most la niggaz was hatin on em though cuz of all that tupac junk. But when people actually sat down and listened to there music most people say they tight, and they known for those grimey ass beats. I been listenin to mobb deep fo eva, them niggaz is tight

POLISH.IN.DISGUISE

Unread post by POLISH.IN.DISGUISE » September 9th, 2003, 12:41 pm

Yea, Mysonne you damn right in what ya say. In Poland where i'm from is hard to collect every EP, single, and instrumental album, internet is almost always only source of gettin new productions of the Mobb. In poland we dont know what does exactly mean word GRIMEY, its a little bit shame on me but i have to ask yall real amerikan hip hoperz about meanin' of it. whoa? :) i have some stupid questions so you would laugh at me but i dont give a fuck, its your right to do it ? aaait?

Respect 4all

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » September 9th, 2003, 12:45 pm

POLISH.IN.DISGUISE wrote:Greets, i should say i 've got a nice knowledge 'bout the gangsta rap, but there is the one little problem...i know your West Coast music a litle bit, what i can't say bout the East Coast whitch i know, i think, almost good. Respect 4 yall at all, and that's the question:
Whad do you think (what's opinion in CA, LY and other countries) about MOBB DEEP, can you say, that, what they do is a real GANGSTA RAP?
Write all what you want, the more is the better for me, i dont even know what should you rather think

SRY for my language mistakes, i am from poland and dont know english as well as you :) so stay sharp, and post these topic, please. it should be helpfull
Well Im not big on Rap, especially "Gangsta Rap", although I do have some of what would be considered GR in my CD case. I mostly like the beats and some songs contain descent lyrics. I think Mobb Deep is pretty good. Havoc is definalty an underated producer. I thinks some of his best beats are "Shook Ones2" "Hell on Earth" "Animal Instict" "Streets Raised Me" "Quietstorm" "Where Ya Heart At " and "Get away". In the rap industry i think Prodigy is in the top 5 in the art of storytelling, if not number 1. The vato writes stories that are imaginable like movie scripts. His rymes are very detailed and not generic in any sense of the word. He has i his own style and is pretty consistent. Other good mcs in story telling include Scarface, Big L, Kool G Rap, Hell Razah,2pac, Nas,Killah Priest etc. Keep in mind that 99.9 % of "Gangsta Rap" is nonsense, fibes, lies etc. It no differrent then actors playing roles in "Gangster Movies". Same Difference.

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » September 10th, 2003, 1:26 am

FIRST OFF MOBB DEEP ONLY SONG I LIKE BY THEM IS "SHOOK ONES" PT.2 AND SECOND NI99AZ ON THE WEST COAST WASN'T HATIN ON THEM, BECAUSE THEM NI99AZ IS REALLY HOES.

vt
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by vt » September 10th, 2003, 8:25 am

mobb deep is cool, but i'm not really a jay-z fan i like his old shh, but on the blueprint album he riped up prodigy of mobb deep

POLISH.IN.DISGUISE

Unread post by POLISH.IN.DISGUISE » September 10th, 2003, 8:44 am

True, Gay-z dissed prod a little on his sucka album blueprint, and there was a more serious case connected with publicatin photos from prodigys childhood. Gay-z shouldnt do it and he losy my respect for all.

Why did you writed about Mobb Deep on MOBB DEEP topic? :):)

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » September 10th, 2003, 8:45 am

I DON'T LIKE MOBB DEEP I THINK THEY WACK, FAKE ,AND I DON'T RELATE TO THE WACK ASS BULLSHYT THEY DO , TO ME ITS WACK...
I KEEP IT WEST COAST ... THE SAMPLES THEY USE ARE SAD MUSIC ME I LOVE THE SUNSHYNE AND THE FUNK I HATE VIOLIN SAMPLES I LIKE PHAT BASSES AND A PHAT NIGRESS THAT SING SOME FUNKY SHYT FROM THE PAST WHEN NIGGAZ USE TO DO REAL MUSIC NOT THAT WACK ASS HIP HOP ZOULOU GAY SHYT SOME REAL LOVE SONGS ABOUT LIFE SOUL AND WOMEN ... AND THE ONLY HAVOKK AND PRODAGEE I KNOW ARE FROM SOUTH CENTRAL CARTEL A REAL BAND THAT I RESPECT ... WELL ITS MY OPINION I'M NOT DISSIN NO ONE HERE ...
AND IF YOU ASK NIGGAZ FROM COMPTON FROM MY GENERATION WELL MOST OF THEM THEY GONNA TELL YOU THE SAME , ALL THOSE RAP WANNA THUG BUSTAZ ARE FOR WANNA BEES AND GROUPIES REAL NIGGAZ DON'T BUMP THAT WEAK STUFF WE LOVE REAL MUSIC SOUL MUSIC AND IF ITS RAP THEN WE KEEP IT STRYCLY WEST BUT NOT XIBITCH OR GAY DRE 2000 NO ... WE KEEP IT REAL WEST COAST ...

POLISH.IN.DISGUISE

Unread post by POLISH.IN.DISGUISE » September 10th, 2003, 10:25 am

I respect yourr opinion bgCASPER about the tones and general gengre of MOBB DEEP, cause i understand that you west coast guys are listening to your our g-rap as you say with "phat basses" etc.
I was waitin for your opinion at all, cause i saw you ve got a lot of posts on these forum so...respect for your campton connectionz.
But i dont understand one of all. you said "THOSE RAP WANNA THUG BUSTAZ ARE FOR WANNA BEES AND GROUPIES" can you explain me that? i'm listening to MOBB as far as they LP were appearing in POLAND or maby longer, i du no. so i want a explanation, for my own knowledge bout it, of course, not for a diss :)

did you heard BARS N' HOOKS track "50 dick"? hahahhaha

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » September 10th, 2003, 8:49 pm

well first i want to give props to you polish cause you answered like a man not a net buster ...so i would try my best to explain my point of view .the kind of music they do are made to show how hard and sicc they are ,my point of view is when you 24 \7 deep in a war zone well you wanna escape from there and when you put a song its gonna be something smooth i mean most of hard core gang memeber i know don't and can't listen to that type of songs they are more into soul classic and funky groove i think all those hard rap is made for young kids who wanna bee hard ,its make from people that dream about being in the shyt , me and most of my homies we 'v been thru a lots of drama and we don't wanna put drama in our ear drums ...if you listen to real gangsta rap from real gangsta out of our hoods the songs gonna be filed with homies love and nice melodies ,filled with respect and pride ,when i put music i have many type of moods , music for picnic with the homies then its gonna be some good old g funk some soul... music to party then atomic dog franky beverly gap band i mean funk to danse to ,than music to drive thru the hood , zapp is the shyt ,when i about to do a mission we have our bg song about the aks and shit but the only music i hear is the beat of my heart cause of the fear ...i don't say i'm the hardest nigga here i'm surely not but listening to music is something important to me , i hate listening to new york niggaz tellin' us how hard is their shyt not omly cause i'm from compton but also i don't feel the way they rap the words they use and the lifestyle they live , and the only people in compon i KNOW ''not sayin all people '' only people that i KNOW
are lil bytch ass wanna bees , we flooded with east coast rap l.a radio only play their shyt , so i'm fed up becaue real gz don't bump that shyt here in LOS ANGELES oly rap fan groupies and white boys or tinys are listening to mob deep or wu tang to me ain't no difference between them and britney they out of major companies that are targeting comon peoples not gangmembers

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Mars

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » September 10th, 2003, 9:22 pm

only white people and rap fan groupies listen to mobb deep? I kno madd niggaz that bump mobb deep, and I kno hella niggaz bump wu tang, jus cuz they aint rappin that layed back westcoast shit dont mean they fake and not real. I luv westcoast g funk type shit, but it gets tiresome after awhile, thats why westcoast rap aint goin no where. Wu Tang got some of the best lyricist in the game. Mobb Deep got them beats that pump u up and shit, cuz they grimey and shit. I admit nothin beat the classic westcoast shit, g funk and shit with real instruments and shit like quik. But that eastcoast shit is tight to. Cuz its different, they be spittin the lyrical shit, that battle shit, and they got them creative beats, that the westcoast aint got, everything new that come out on the west sound the same, same sound to it, nothing different. Thats why westcoast rap and shit no more. Mobb Deep aint even mainstream, they underground, they aint even on a major label no more and have never got heavy play on the radio sept for quiet storm.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » September 11th, 2003, 6:21 am

east coast is on the map only because of majors compagnie they are the one who decide what will be the next hit .they all based on the east ... i don't think like you and you sound like youngstaz from my set ... how old are you ?

POLISH.IN.DISGUISE

Unread post by POLISH.IN.DISGUISE » September 11th, 2003, 7:14 am

I think bgCASPER asked a question 'bout age to my holly damned CROOK ni... whos listenin' to MOBB-Mysonne, but i say with no conspiracy that i'm 18 yo and dont feel like youngsta , not at all.

I am pretty glad of that what bgCASPER said (wrote) in his ln post from Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:49 am (knowwhatiamsain) bout mobb deep, cause i just can feel and know how it is in the LA ghettos, and its no dishonour for me that you said that mobb sucks:) i will continue my though..

i didnt ever think , that you black gangstas, peoples from the hood are listenin something else than g- rap, g- funk!! you ve revolutionized OUR (me and my peps) state of mind of all of it, thanks for that and respect at all.

i am going for a dinner, i will continue these point later.

'spect

POLISH.IN.DISGUISE

Unread post by POLISH.IN.DISGUISE » September 11th, 2003, 10:32 am

ant there are coninue of my last post:

bgCASPER: i see youve got a nice motivation i mean you love music a lot, and thats no doubt bout it, but i must say that your opinions of east coast rap is dissapointin me ;) mobb deep aren't recording commercial smash hits, even if they,re recordin for JIVE (yeah, jive is also Britneys records:) ) , i thint you didnt heard about their underground productions like two undergr. albums, i mean "MOBB DEEP - DUNN LANGUAGE" vol. 1 and vol.2 also MOBB MISSES by PETE ROCK, MOBB TIES, any mobb bootleg that they throw out, its really awesome underground albums, and i dont give a fuck that they could be commercial. I didnt want you to get angry :) at me, bg CASPER , so tolerate my opinion 2, and there will be a nice and cultural convers. aajt ? so so.

PS: i will support myself everybody who say that Busta Rhymes, Redman, Meth, and some other East Coast rappers are gettin silly. Q. these hectics

wizard wond
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by wizard wond » September 11th, 2003, 8:18 pm

Ahh, Polish u seem disappointed that bg Casper wasn't feelin your music, don't sweat it. I agree with some of both Mysonne and Casper had to say. Remember when the east use to try and diss the West because of gangsta rap? Even Common jumped on the bandwagon with "I used to love her". Well look now, all of their stars are getting pad and fed, the only different is, they not talking about gangs. Which reminds me of having pretty good debates with east coast cats about gangbanging and the LA lifestyle, now like RZA said NYC being infesting with bloods, lol. I'm not on any east and west tip, but didn't it sound good when Westside Connect drop it on em. Polish if u feeling Mobb Deep, rock that s$%t, I happened to like MOP myself, Ante Up bro.

POLISH.IN.DISGUISE

Unread post by POLISH.IN.DISGUISE » September 13th, 2003, 1:58 am

WIZARD WOND told a few realest words bout music, and for simple i cant deny that RZAs option of "infesting with bloods" are really silly.
But i can deny that i am dissapointed of bgCASPER isnt feel my music, it seem to be normal for me that sombody should love/hate em , MOBBs.
and i really agree any discussion whith gives me any now knowledge bout topic of gangsta rap, even if sombody say somethin i dont like, for simple your opinions wizard wond, bgCASPER and Mysonne givin me any new point of view, whitch im treatin with demanded respect. yoknowwhatiamsain? it all because in poland everybody are listenin to weak i think polish rap, and i would be only one of a few who know haw you Americcan ni99uz run shit rappin, gangbangin etc.

Reply these post ... for life :)

Amsterdam
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Amsterdam » May 24th, 2004, 7:17 am

bgCASPER wrote:east coast is on the map only because of majors compagnie they are the one who decide what will be the next hit .they all based on the east ... i don't think like you and you sound like youngstaz from my set ... how old are you ?

Yo bgCasper...U have some reall unhealthy anommosity against the east coast...ur tone iz counter productive my nigga.

grapes of wrath
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by grapes of wrath » May 25th, 2004, 3:29 am

nigga fuck the east coast of the US, wut u gon do bout it?

MrYayo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MrYayo » May 25th, 2004, 5:13 am

Who did mobb deep steal there names from??

Amsterdam
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Amsterdam » May 26th, 2004, 7:35 am

grapes of wrath wrote:nigga "i will get banned" the east coast of the US, wut u gon do bout it?
LOL...nuthin tuff guy...u'll destroy urself. Clown

2%SODA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 2%SODA » May 26th, 2004, 12:34 pm

mobb deep's past their prime... 1995-1999

Casper
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Casper » June 11th, 2004, 10:24 am

I really didnt like there last Vid showing that Mexicans were scared of them and wouldnt fuck with them
It was funny
Bc wtf are they thinkin

mike89
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mike89 » June 11th, 2004, 12:45 pm

can take thier wack music and burn it

Casper
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Casper » June 12th, 2004, 5:41 am

Yup!

SCeric
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SCeric » June 12th, 2004, 10:32 am

do they claim anything or have ties? i think ones a blood and ones a crip

mike89
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mike89 » June 14th, 2004, 10:02 am

grapes of wrath wrote:nigga #%@& the east coast of the US, wut u gon do bout it?
DUDE, CHILL THE FU$K OUT :x :twisted: :roll:

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » June 14th, 2004, 11:22 am

Ive said this before.. NYC is all about makin that cheese. So of course they gonna put out sh*t that the mainstream wants to hear. Its not called being fake, its called being SMART. And smart rappers from the West that knows whats good like Dre and Snoop, they hookin up with the East to make that $$$$. Dont playa hate, participate homie. and BgCasper u do seem like u have alot of animosity towards the East. whats wrong dog? did we do something to u?

Straw Weight

Unread post by Karma » June 14th, 2004, 12:30 pm

bgCASPER wrote:I DON'T LIKE MOBB DEEP I THINK THEY WACK, FAKE ,AND I DON'T RELATE TO THE WACK ASS BULLSHYT THEY DO , TO ME ITS WACK...
I KEEP IT WEST COAST ... THE SAMPLES THEY USE ARE SAD MUSIC ME I LOVE THE SUNSHYNE AND THE FUNK I HATE VIOLIN SAMPLES I LIKE PHAT BASSES AND A PHAT NIGRESS THAT SING SOME FUNKY SHYT FROM THE PAST WHEN NIGGAZ USE TO DO REAL MUSIC NOT THAT WACK ASS HIP HOP ZOULOU GAY SHYT SOME REAL LOVE SONGS ABOUT LIFE SOUL AND WOMEN ... AND THE ONLY HAVOKK AND PRODAGEE I KNOW ARE FROM SOUTH CENTRAL CARTEL A REAL BAND THAT I RESPECT ... WELL ITS MY OPINION I'M NOT DISSIN NO ONE HERE ...
AND IF YOU ASK NIGGAZ FROM COMPTON FROM MY GENERATION WELL MOST OF THEM THEY GONNA TELL YOU THE SAME , ALL THOSE RAP WANNA THUG BUSTAZ ARE FOR WANNA BEES AND GROUPIES REAL NIGGAZ DON'T BUMP THAT WEAK STUFF WE LOVE REAL MUSIC SOUL MUSIC AND IF ITS RAP THEN WE KEEP IT STRYCLY WEST BUT NOT XIBITCH OR GAY DRE 2000 NO ... WE KEEP IT REAL WEST COAST ...

Casper....im really feeling that shyt you listenin to myself...but a lot of it dont always make it out to the east....
its like the west coast got all the funkl...but we jazzy out here in the east

can you suggest some hot songs cuz im tryin ta built a collection of some hot west coast tunes...

Straw Weight

Unread post by Karma » June 14th, 2004, 12:32 pm

im not gonna front tho..i like some of that hard shyt these niggas out here is talking about but at the same time i get sicc of a nigga talking bout puttin one in a cats dome or how he fucced ya girl or about his fuccin chain and his rims that keep spinning..

shyt is corny as hell these days...and seems to me a lot of young niggas think listenin to the "gangsta rap" make them look hard...i think CASPER said it before

"real niggas live that shyt"..i know i dont want it pumped in my ears all day errday