SUGE KNIGHT SHOT AT VMA PARTY HOSTED BY KANYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music. Also included here are news worthy articles as it relates to music, musicians and the industry.
MiChuhSuh

SUGE KNIGHT SHOT AT VMA PARTY HOSTED BY KANYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » August 28th, 2005, 9:43 pm

GO TO
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/en ... 500229.htm

FOR PHOTOS

Posted on Sun, Aug. 28, 2005
No arrests in early morning shooting of hip-hop mogul 'Suge' Knight

By JACQUELINE CHARLES, AUDRA D.S. BURCH and NICOLE WHITE

jcharles@herald.com

Death Row Records CEO Marion 'Suge' Knight is in intensive care at Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach this afternoon following surgery to remove a bullet from his leg and repair a fractured bone.

Knight was shot in the leg while partying in the exclusive Red Room at the rear of the Shore Club at 12:30 a.m. today. Knight was among an exclusive group that included rapper Kanye West attending an invitation-only party in advance of tonight's MTV Video Music Awards.

Police have made no arrests and have no suspects. Miami Beach Police spokesman Bobby Hernandez said the investigation was being hampered by witnesses' unwillingness to talk .

''Not everyone has been cooperating with us,'' he said. ``We don't have any physical description. We don't know how many subjects were involved, which is mind boggling, with all those people around.''

It was especially frustrating for police because officers arrived almost immediately after the shooting. A Florida Highway Patrol officer working off-duty at the Shore club noticed people running from the Red Room and went to investigate.

''He's the one who called it in so we were on the scene right away,'' Hernandez said.

Hernandez said Knight was not armed and police did not find any weapons on his friends and security employees.

According to several witnesses, Knight was sitting at a table with friends at about 12:30 a.m. when a man wearing a hooded sweatshirt walked up to him and fired at least two shots.

''I was dancing beside him, then I heard a pop that sounded like a champagne bottle had been opened, then I saw his bodyguards throw themselves on him'' said Lilo Kinn, a New York-based artist. ``It happened so fast, people were in a panic, trying to get out of there.''

A group of friends waiting outside Mount Sinai's emergency room in the early morning hours today -- including rapper Petey Pablo who recently signed to Knight's record label the Row -- said Knight was alert and talkative.

''That bullet is a tribal mark, orientation, something we all gotta get sometimes, just as long as we don't die, it's fine,'' said Pablo.

Miami police said security at the AmericanAirlines Arena would be tight for tonight's VMAs, with sweeps for explosives and weapons searches.

''With an event like this, we always have to take precautions,'' said police spokesman Delrish Moss. ``We're taking the type of precautions we took last year and it went off without a hitch. We're confident it will go off without a hitch this year.''

BlueCadillaC167
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BlueCadillaC167 » August 29th, 2005, 7:03 am

I guess big ol Suge ain't invisible anymore.

corn
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by corn » August 29th, 2005, 1:55 pm

lol

SkoobyDoo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SkoobyDoo » August 29th, 2005, 2:49 pm

I had read that he got shot from behind. He didn't even see it coming.

How could they let someone with a gun in there anyway?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » August 30th, 2005, 5:12 pm

SkoobyDoo wrote:I had read that he got shot from behind. He didn't even see it coming.

How could they let someone with a gun in there anyway?
That's cold.

And they say security is tight these day, and AT A CELEBRITY PARTY?!?!

He must have been cool with Kanye/Kanye's friends or been cool with security to just slide like that.

50 Cent made everyone go through metal detectors/patting to get in, why not at a high profile VMA party?

ChicagoKilla

Unread post by ChicagoKilla » September 1st, 2005, 12:12 pm

man suge knights a ho. he's lucky he didnt get capped earlier.

Return to “Music and News”