Eminem makes an official apology

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
Michelle

Eminem makes an official apology

Unread post by Michelle » December 5th, 2003, 5:50 am

Eminem has released an official apology concerning the 15-year-old tape upon which his freestyle rapping denigrates black women.

Yesterday (December 4) the rapper released a second statement which insists the tape in question, "in no way represents who I was then or who I am today. In becoming an adult, I've seen what hip-hop and rap music can do to touch millions of people. The music can be truly powerful, and it has helped improve race relations in a very real way. I want to use this negative attack on me as a positive opportunity to show that."

The statement goes on to say that the offensive tape was, "really nothing more than blatant self-promotion for a failing magazine and one man's lifeless music career. They're scared of what can happen if the hip-hop community shows it can live without them."

"So while I think common sense tells you not to judge a man by what he may have said when he was a boy, I will say it straight up: I am sorry I said those things when I was 16. And I don't want to let anybody turn this into an opportunity to promote their own bullsh-- agenda."

Eminem was obviously referring to The Source magazine co-founder Ray Benzino who originally made the tape's contents public before the rapper admitted his derogatory words were sparked after splitting from his African-American girlfriend of the time.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Eminem makes an official apology

Unread post by wcrockets » December 5th, 2003, 10:09 am

It's hard to argue with that. Good for him for stepping up.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » December 5th, 2003, 11:36 am

He had no choice but to apologize, and it turns out that all those rumors that I have been hearingfor years about his old lyrics are 100% true. Although he was 16 at the time, this tells us a bit about his circle when he was young and some of his thoughts about race too. He should not just get a free pass.

I hope Hot 97 radio (NYC) program hosts Star and Buckwild publicly criticized Eminem for using racist language like they did Jennifer Lopez because the way Eminem used it is more critical.

Michelle

Unread post by Michelle » December 5th, 2003, 12:43 pm

Well, I couldn't agree more with this
I've seen what hip-hop and rap music can do to touch millions of people. The music can be truly powerful, and it has helped improve race relations in a very real way.
hiphop, can go as far as changing attitudes and the way people feel

It's good he explained himself the second time.The first statement wasn't any good. Even though he did explain he just broke up with his girlfriend, and said sorry.

lol this is the first time eminem has said sorry...for anything...

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » December 5th, 2003, 12:59 pm

ha ha, i think that fool is only appologizing cause he's catching so much flack now. is the appology coming from him OR FROM HIS PUBLIC RELATIONS PEOPLE? i bet behind closed doors he's clowning this situation.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » December 5th, 2003, 1:18 pm

It's probably Jimmy Iovine, he probably wrote the apology letter...LOL. He can always get another black dude to rap/produce millions for him but he can't lose the last great white hope...LOL.

That rap was probably just a way for him to express himself after some heartbreak...dude was probably whipped on that "ill na na"...LOL. It's in line with his style of rap, shock-rap. I guess if it offends you, then step up to the man. Although it would seem kinda funny picking a fight with a lil white boy over something he rapped about in his personal life. What Benzino did was bull, that lame ass fool needs to call it quits and let the real rappers rap. His rag is nothing but a self-promotional vehicle that doesn't even help him hit a "wood" plaque.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » December 5th, 2003, 2:35 pm

Yes you guys are right. Too often I give people the benefit of the doubt. Just getting old I guess.

sexy365
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sexy365 » December 8th, 2003, 7:35 am

I LIKE EM BUT AFTER HEARING THAT RACIST TAPE, I HAVE ONLY ONE THING TO SAY, HE HAD TO APOLOGIZE. GLAD HE DID, AND HOPE THAT HE MAKES IT THROUGH.

Pasa
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Pasa » March 2nd, 2004, 12:23 pm

R U KIDDIN ME? FUCC EMINEM AND HIS FAKE ASS APOLOGY. DUDE IS A RACIST. HE SAYS SORRY FOR POLITICAL REASONS. HE NEEDS HIS ASS WHOOPED. DONT LET ME CATCH HIM SLIPPIN CAUSE HE GETS NO PASS HERE... :twisted:

3paw

Unread post by 3paw » March 14th, 2004, 4:15 pm

I wasn't aware Eminem had ever said anything Racist is a serious way until I read this. I'm dissapointed but I don't think anyone can seriously believe he meant any of it, Its well documented that a good proportion of his friends have been black most of his life. He's also often publically spoken out against racism against blacks or against whites.

I guess he was just angry and speaking bulls**t. However, I don't think anybody can realistically claim you are a 'kid' at 16, or you 'don't know what you're doing' at 16 - that's simply rubbish.

D12 and Dre don't seem to even notice he's white - They let him say the 'N' word, something I would never feel comfortable using to describe a black person. If the dude had any racial issues, I'm pretty sure he's worked them all out his system by now. At least he's apologized.

Unread post by Guest » April 21st, 2004, 12:10 pm

sexy365
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sexy365 » April 21st, 2004, 1:21 pm

I AGREE THAT HE ONLY APOLIGIZED CUZ HE HAD TO.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » May 8th, 2004, 5:00 am

ahha.. always u find something to complain about..

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » May 9th, 2004, 4:49 pm

Sorry to say after reading a feb. issue of the source, I won't be bumpin any of Em sh@t. I heard the tape about him dissin black females and thought it was not too harsh. But still wrong, and I thought it was a exprience he went through with a black female. But when his white friends in the street who knew him best say that they never seen Em with a black female and he never dated any black females makes me think. Em just uses that as a escape, his reasons for that tape seem to be made up. It's a fact that Em use to get beat up just about daily from a black dude and after that a group was made with Em and his white boyz. They made racist tapes about black people. It is said that there are more tapes with the group calling black people "porch monkeys" and "moon crickets." And to me that is real offensive. And for the people saying Em grew up with black people and had them as friends, you are looking at the media stuff. Cause 8 mile where he grew up was mainly white. Just like d 12 and Em they don't go that far back, they met when Em was trying to brake through into the rap game. And I am sure they had no idea about the tape. Even though a written statement of apology (which Em had help to write) was written, I still can see in Em's mind calling us them same words. I'm sure behind close doors he called Ja-rule just about everything he can think of. One thing Em forgot was his boyz and thats why the tape surface. Don't forget where you came from cause sooner are later it will tell on you. I still think Em got skills but I won't be bumpin it.

sexy365
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sexy365 » June 16th, 2004, 10:57 am

THAT WHITE BOY WAS SCARED HE THOUGHT HE WAS GONNA GET THAT A S S BEAT BY SOME NIGS.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » June 29th, 2004, 5:09 pm

ya'll stupid ...reading the fuckin source..that magazine tries to ruin eminem all the time, pasa eminem would pistol whip u like that bouncer

never die inside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by never die inside » June 29th, 2004, 6:27 pm

Fuck Eminem.

Dre made a mistake. ANd why aint dre producing no west coast shit?

I smell Vanilla Ice comin up to do a duo with Eminem.

LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzz

fuck eminem. Ill kick his ass if i ever see him in person.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » July 30th, 2004, 2:28 pm

Rofl! Saddam and I agree on something.. haha. Good one Saddam.

SCeric
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SCeric » August 15th, 2004, 8:32 am

come on now...eminem had to appologize?nah man dude didnt have to do anything..he'll prolly still get his a$$ beat regargless if he said sorry or not and he knows that..soo why would he take time out to appologize if he didnt mean it..think about it

soopadoopa
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by soopadoopa » August 19th, 2004, 1:54 pm

I dont think Em was at fault, he was young

JONES
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JONES » October 16th, 2004, 10:18 pm

soopadoopa wrote:I dont think Em was at fault, he was young
that BS .at what age did you know right from wrong.or how old were you when you learned it was right to cross the street when the light was red n you got the lil walk sign.feminem was 15 or 16 yrs old when he made the racist tape.he knew what the f=ck he was doing.he was a joker on the mic then and he still is to this day. F U C K EMINEM

North Face
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by North Face » October 17th, 2004, 2:55 pm

EMINEM ACTS STUPID!

JONES
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JONES » October 17th, 2004, 4:02 pm

416 wrote:EMINEM ACTS STUPID!
You are right about that.I once liked him.But now I look at him as a p-ssy.He disses all types of people,and as soon as a person talks about him he gets mad like a lil girl.

J-DUB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by J-DUB » October 18th, 2004, 10:12 pm

MORE EMINEM NEWS. ARTICLE FROM ALLHIPHOP.COM
I DIDNT GET TO BEE THE VIDEO, DID ANYONE GET TO BEFORE IT GOT PULLED FROM B.E.T.???

Michael Jackson called in on Los Angeles radio station 100.3 this morning (October 12th) to voice his disapproval of the new Eminem video for his song "Just Lose It.”

In the video, Eminem plays the characters of Jackson, Madonna & MC Hammer and others.

The video shows scenes of Eminem dressed as Jackson sitting on a bed with children jumping around him.

With Jackson's recent troubles, the scenes are hitting a little too close to home for the King of Pop.

"I never had a problem with Eminem,” Jackson said during The Steve Harvey Morning Show.

Harvey also voiced his disgust with the rapper.

"Eminem has lost his ghetto pass,” Harvey declared. “We want the pass back."

Harvey said that he was displeased at the way Eminem chose to depict the black community.

He added that rappers who are afraid to say something because they don’t want to jeopardize their own careers are "cowards."

"You [Eminem] apologized about the comments you made before about us being ni**ers and calling black women b**ches but we don't want your apology now", Harvey fumed.

In a bombshell revelation, Harvey stated that Bob Johnson, Founder and CEO of BET has decided to pull the video from BET’s rotation and will not be playing it again.

Johnson also called The Steve Harvey morning show and confirmed the video has been pulled from the BET airwaves.

Johnson is expected to release a statement later today about this issue.

Harvey also stated that MTV and VH1 should follow suit and pull the video as well.

JONES
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JONES » October 19th, 2004, 9:10 am

Damm good info. I only saw the vides(just loose it) once.stupid but funny in a way.I think mtv pulled it from showing again.my daughter is all caught up in mtv real world+road rules etc.and hasent seen it.IN OTHER WORDS EMINEM IS A DORK AS FAR AS I CARE

js83
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by js83 » October 22nd, 2004, 6:47 pm

when white people make fun of blacks, they go fucking crazy...but when black people make fun of whites, they cant do nothin?

and another thing...most of ya are bunch of hypocrites...everyone is racist in some ways...are ya saying that ya NEVER said a racist comment in your life? if u say no, then your lying.

JONES
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JONES » October 22nd, 2004, 8:45 pm

most people i think they would keep it race comment etc to them self,instead of saying it to a person.if not you looking to get f-cked up lol.or at least where i come from,don't know about the rest of you.

hellraiser3815
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by hellraiser3815 » December 29th, 2004, 4:34 pm

so fucking what let it go

CantNo1TopPac
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CantNo1TopPac » December 30th, 2004, 12:33 am

This matter should be taken harder. It's not okay to be racist and get away with it. A sorry doesn't cut it.

kenni
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kenni » January 16th, 2005, 12:15 pm

hmm, is there a way to get these songs/texts?

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above

Unread post by punamusta » January 16th, 2005, 1:25 pm

What do you think about Ice Cube's "Cave Bitch"?

Or many of the Dead Prez' songs? Or Apache's?

Or any other black rapper who have make racist comments about whites? And whitout apologizing.

Or are you just being hypocrite?

Purple Dinosaur
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Purple Dinosaur » January 16th, 2005, 2:24 pm

shut the fuck up u honkkkie ^^^

apologize to white people?? lolll u musta lost yo gottdamn mind muthafuca , they need to make more songs about yo devil white stank ass take a bath muthafuca