Best player in the NBA

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
G.L.J
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by G.L.J » March 7th, 2006, 9:22 am

Got to go with Kobe the way he's played this season is fantastic Wade is my fav thogh.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 7th, 2006, 12:47 pm

[quote="3Harmonies"]Kobe is playing by himself literally. He's got Smush & Lamar but Lamar is feels like a pond of trade of the moment. And he's right about that, there's an enormous possibility he's gonna end up in Indiana along with somebody else I cant disclose.[/quote]

of course kobe is playing by himself lakers have nobody.worst move they did was trade butler last year..he would of been a good backup plan for kobe if he would of stayed healthy...lamar was nice back in his clippers days,hes butt for the lakers...stats show if he average under 16 pts a game the lakers have a chance of winning..sad

Chitown

Unread post by Chitown » March 8th, 2006, 7:28 am

Kobe is the best...

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guest » March 8th, 2006, 9:21 am

yeah, kobe for now, give him some time to slip.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 8th, 2006, 12:32 pm

if kobe continues to play like he has this year alone(hes had no choice but to ballhog) his career will be shortened due to injury..most of his career he had other players like shaq to lean on..but this year hes had to put in all the work...he will go down the route of allen I. if he keeps it up a.i stays banged up because hes always had to be the team

Godfather
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Godfather » March 8th, 2006, 3:53 pm

If there's a Shaq in his prime option I'd pick that. When the Lakers had Shaq's fat ass, the was the most dominant player in recent memory. The funny thing about it though is that Phil Jackson competely soaked him out thats why he's sucking right now. In those years where the Lakers won a championship, Shaq took more abuse and punishment than AI, Kobe and anyone else combined. So yeah..Shaq in his prime.

However, Kobe is my favorite player and in my eyes he's the most skilled player in the NBA right now. Of course best means different things to different people. Steve Nash is the best distributor, Ben Wallace is the best defensive player, Allen Iverson is the best shooting guard in a little man body, Kobe is the most skilled athlete who can play on both ends of the court for 48 minutes today.

ablackmanlookin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ablackmanlookin » March 9th, 2006, 12:14 pm

KOBE IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA HANDS DOWN FOOLS. AND DONT TRY TO HATE ON HIM X.

JayDee
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by JayDee » March 11th, 2006, 2:21 am

KG by a mile busters.

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tre » March 12th, 2006, 7:28 am

[quote="ablackmanlookin"][color=darkred][/color][size=24][/size] KOBE IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA HANDS DOWN FOOLS. AND DONT TRY TO HATE ON HIM X.[/quote]

KOBE!!!!!!!!!!

3rdcoasta
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 3rdcoasta » March 13th, 2006, 3:00 pm

Kobe Bryant cum on cuzz 81 MJ aint even put up that many

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 21st, 2006, 12:18 am

When someone asks who is the best player in the NBA you have to consider how they play with their other teammates. Kobe is a great one on one player, but there is no way he is the best in the game. LeBron James, Allen I, and Dwayne Wade are far more better team players than Kobe.

The two telling stats that tell how active a player is offensively is points scored and assists. We know that all 4 of these players can get their 30 points a night, so they are all basically equal there, but it is the other areas of the game you need to examine to see who os the best. Allen, James and Wade are all in the top 10 in assists. That is amazing there to be in top 10 in points scored and assists. Kobe is not even in the top 20 in assists, so there is a big drop off for him there. Dwayne wade played a rookie year with average players and made it to the first round of the playoffs, AI took his team to the finals, and Lebron looks to take his team to the playoff here in the 3rd season with average supporting cast. Kobe with an average team didnt take the team to the playoffs last year, and is struggling for that 8th spot this year.

AI does not have much defense, so he drops off a bit there, so it is between Wade (5.7) and James (7.2) who both also out rebound Kobe (5.3), and shoot higher %, Wade (.503) James (.473) & Kobe (.442) - too many brick shots. Wade (1.9) has more steals per game than Kobe (1.8). Overall Kobe is a great highlight film and many are biased by the sports clips of Kobe, but he is not a complete player, he should be able to make Odom into his Scottie Pippin and he has some good players around him and should be better than a 500 team, so I will go with the young Wade as the best all around player in the game.

Godfather
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Godfather » March 24th, 2006, 7:19 pm

The two telling stats that tell how active a player is offensively is points scored and assists.

Lets be clear on this, in order for you to get assists, your teammates need to be make shots. Kobe does nothing different in all his games, yet sometimes he has 11 assists, and sometimes he has 1. Why? Because it all depends on whether his teammaters can make the shots. If you counted actual passes made, Kobe would be up there with AI, Dwayne, and Lebron.
Dwayne wade played a rookie year with average players and made it to the first round of the playoffs, AI took his team to the finals, and Lebron looks to take his team to the playoff here in the 3rd season with average supporting cast. Kobe with an average team didnt take the team to the playoffs last year, and is struggling for that 8th spot this year.
Are you really going to make me explain to you how different the Lakers are in comparison to the Cavs, Sixers of 01, and the Heat? The Cavs STILL haven't made the playoffs with Lebron, and Lebron has been playing with better players since his rookie season. The Heat were in the Eastern Conference in Dwayne's rookie season, and the Eastern Conference was a joke. Stan Van Gundy allowed Lamar Odom to be the team leader, which is why he was so much better in Miami than he is in LA. Lamar dosn't want to be Kobe's backup, he wants to run the show. The 01 Sixers had ridiculously better players than the Lakers have now. If you disagree with this, go look up that roster and the Lakers current roster. Again, all three teams mentioned are Eastern Conference Teams. The Eastern Conference minus Detroit is a complete joke.
AI does not have much defense, so he drops off a bit there, so it is between Wade (5.7) and James (7.2) who both also out rebound Kobe (5.3), and shoot higher %, Wade (.503) James (.473) & Kobe (.442) - too many brick shots. Wade (1.9) has more steals per game than Kobe (1.8).
The margin by which Wade outrebounds Kobe could easily be credited to fatigue. The reason for the fatigue is that Dwayne has to do a lot less in Miami than Kobe does in LA. The Lebron rebound comparison is ridiculous and if anything it detracts from your statement. Lebron who plays the forward position, has like two or three inches on Kobe, and has such ridiculous hops can only muster up 2 more rebounds than Kobe? Terrible. The steal comparison is stupid considering .1 is nothing. The shooting percentage is so easily explainable, that I wonder why you're even bringing it up. Dwayne Wade has better players around him, better players make the defenders come to them, thereby allowing Wade to work 1 on 1. That creates higher percentage shots. Kobe has three guys on him, and still puts up a percentage that isn't that much behind Lebron's.
Overall Kobe is a great highlight film and many are biased by the sports clips of Kobe, but he is not a complete player, he should be able to make Odom into his Scottie Pippin and he has some good players around him and should be better than a 500 team, so I will go with the young Wade as the best all around player in the game.
You kidding me? How can you make Odom have determination? The thing that seperates AI, Dwayne, and Lebron from Kobe is that Kobe didn't have as much natural talent. Kobe worked for everything he wanted, and never lay down to improving himself. Odom is so natually gifted, that it's ridiculous he isn't better than he is. Unfortunately, he wants to play team leader, and he dosn't like being the assistant to Kobe. Also, while he is more physically gifted than Pippen, Odom is nowhere near as good of a defender, and are you going to blame Odom's defense on Kobe not being able to make him better?

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 25th, 2006, 4:31 am

Godfather wrote:
The two telling stats that tell how active a player is offensively is points scored and assists.

Lets be clear on this, in order for you to get assists, your teammates need to be make shots. Kobe does nothing different in all his games, yet sometimes he has 11 assists, and sometimes he has 1. Why? Because it all depends on whether his teammaters can make the shots. If you counted actual passes made, Kobe would be up there with AI, Dwayne, and Lebron.
Dwayne wade played a rookie year with average players and made it to the first round of the playoffs, AI took his team to the finals, and Lebron looks to take his team to the playoff here in the 3rd season with average supporting cast. Kobe with an average team didnt take the team to the playoffs last year, and is struggling for that 8th spot this year.
Are you really going to make me explain to you how different the Lakers are in comparison to the Cavs, Sixers of 01, and the Heat? The Cavs STILL haven't made the playoffs with Lebron, and Lebron has been playing with better players since his rookie season. The Heat were in the Eastern Conference in Dwayne's rookie season, and the Eastern Conference was a joke. Stan Van Gundy allowed Lamar Odom to be the team leader, which is why he was so much better in Miami than he is in LA. Lamar dosn't want to be Kobe's backup, he wants to run the show. The 01 Sixers had ridiculously better players than the Lakers have now. If you disagree with this, go look up that roster and the Lakers current roster. Again, all three teams mentioned are Eastern Conference Teams. The Eastern Conference minus Detroit is a complete joke.
AI does not have much defense, so he drops off a bit there, so it is between Wade (5.7) and James (7.2) who both also out rebound Kobe (5.3), and shoot higher %, Wade (.503) James (.473) & Kobe (.442) - too many brick shots. Wade (1.9) has more steals per game than Kobe (1.8).
The margin by which Wade outrebounds Kobe could easily be credited to fatigue. The reason for the fatigue is that Dwayne has to do a lot less in Miami than Kobe does in LA. The Lebron rebound comparison is ridiculous and if anything it detracts from your statement. Lebron who plays the forward position, has like two or three inches on Kobe, and has such ridiculous hops can only muster up 2 more rebounds than Kobe? Terrible. The steal comparison is stupid considering .1 is nothing. The shooting percentage is so easily explainable, that I wonder why you're even bringing it up. Dwayne Wade has better players around him, better players make the defenders come to them, thereby allowing Wade to work 1 on 1. That creates higher percentage shots. Kobe has three guys on him, and still puts up a percentage that isn't that much behind Lebron's.
Overall Kobe is a great highlight film and many are biased by the sports clips of Kobe, but he is not a complete player, he should be able to make Odom into his Scottie Pippin and he has some good players around him and should be better than a 500 team, so I will go with the young Wade as the best all around player in the game.
You kidding me? How can you make Odom have determination? The thing that seperates AI, Dwayne, and Lebron from Kobe is that Kobe didn't have as much natural talent. Kobe worked for everything he wanted, and never lay down to improving himself. Odom is so natually gifted, that it's ridiculous he isn't better than he is. Unfortunately, he wants to play team leader, and he dosn't like being the assistant to Kobe. Also, while he is more physically gifted than Pippen, Odom is nowhere near as good of a defender, and are you going to blame Odom's defense on Kobe not being able to make him better?
you make some good points but being that you have a LAkers logo as your avatar shows your bias. I am not a fan of any of these teams. Infact I root for the Lakers when they play, but you take into consideration aspects of the players that doesn't excuse their performance. Yeah, James has hops and is the reason why he has more rebounds is probably true, but we can argue that AI being 5-11 or 6-0 makes it more difficult to defend. Are we going to accept he lack luster defense, hell no, and although 0.1 difference in a stat seems negligible, over the course of 82 games, those decimals ad up. I know you like Kobe and I like him too, but I can't call him the best right now.

Also AI's team in 2001 that went to the finals was an average team with a superstar. I bet noone can name who started on that team without looking it up and we all know that Shaq, kobe, fox, fisher and horry were the starters of the Lakers those years.

You never mentioned Kobe's shooting percentage. How do you explain that? He hods the ball and takes crazy high percentage shoots more than the other players, and if he did that less, he would have more assists. Kobe could easily average 27 points per game and 10 assists per game if he tooke less shots. If he did that consistanly, he would be one of the greatest players in the game for sure. But averaging 35 points a game and 4.5 assists is not nearly productive. That is a difference of +3 points per game for the team. You probably think that +3 point is nothing, but those +3 points could account for potentially winning 9 more games this season making them 46-25 rather than the dismall 37-34.

And finally I dont see Odom as wanting to take the lead. I never sensed that in him. He seems to know his role as the 2nd guy.

Godfather
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Godfather » March 25th, 2006, 11:51 am

Yeah I guess I am biased, but I think I do have a few credible points.

The biggest flaw I see with your statement is saying that the sixers had a team that's equal to the Lakers current team. The Sixers had Theo Ratliff, Eric Snow, Dikembe Mutumbo, and Tony Kukoc on that roster, all whom are much better than Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, Brian Cook, and Chris Mihm. If you had given Kobe Mutumbo in his prime like he had been in Philly, Kobe would get to the Conference Finals and above. Also, don't forget that in those years, the East had nobody really. Jordan had left, and Detroit hadn't stepped up yet, so in comparison to the dominant Western Conference teams, the Sixers journey to the Finals wasn't much.

I did mention Kobe's shooting percentage.
The shooting percentage is so easily explainable, that I wonder why you're even bringing it up. Dwayne Wade has better players around him, better players make the defenders come to them, thereby allowing Wade to work 1 on 1. That creates higher percentage shots. Kobe has three guys on him, and still puts up a percentage that isn't that much behind Lebron's.
You make a good point with the 27 and 10 over 35 and 5 but I still credit that to bad role players.

And Odom does want to take the lead. This has been said many times in the press. If you consider it, he was the lead in the Clippers, and the lead in the Heat the season before last. He had a career year with the Heat, and I think it's hard for to make the transition to being the second option after dominating in the Heat.

This whole question is really subjective. You could take it a lot of different ways.

The most athletic player: Lebron without a doubt
Best mix of athleticism and greatness: Kobe or D Wade (I have Kobe in this one, but I know you'd prefer Wade)
Most dominant: Shaq
Most Valuable: Steve Nash

There's a lot of different ways you can go with this. Still, I think Kobe given solid roleplayers could bring in a championship faster than DWade, Lebron, or AI. I also think think Kobe determination is unmatchable. He arrives to practice before anyone, and leaves after everyone. Everything he has, he's worked hard for. He dosn't have Lebron's natural ability, AI's speed, or DWade's oppertunity to develop at a young age, but even through all that he's one of the most gifted athletes if not the most gifted athlete in the NBA today.

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » March 26th, 2006, 10:17 pm

the lakers have a very talented team they just needa gell together. this is only phil jacksons first year rmember. they have 3 first rounders in kobe lamar and kwame brown. and kwame brown has been playin very good these last couple games. his defense is very solid, he rebounds, and he was 7 of 7 tonite. he jus needa to mature and gain more confidence and he has the ability to be one of the top players in the league. i think the lakers will be back in the finals within 3 years.

Guage12
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guage12 » March 26th, 2006, 11:22 pm

alonso wrote:When someone asks who is the best player in the NBA you have to consider how they play with their other teammates. Kobe is a great one on one player, but there is no way he is the best in the game. LeBron James, Allen I, and Dwayne Wade are far more better team players than Kobe.The two telling stats that tell how active a player is offensively is points scored and assists. We know that all 4 of these players can get their 30 points a night, so they are all basically equal there, but it is the other areas of the game you need to examine to see who os the best. Allen, James and Wade are all in the top 10 in assists. That is amazing there to be in top 10 in points scored and assists. Kobe is not even in the top 20 in assists, so there is a big drop off for him there. Dwayne wade played a rookie year with average players and made it to the first round of the playoffs, AI took his team to the finals, and Lebron looks to take his team to the playoff here in the 3rd season with average supporting cast. Kobe with an average team didnt take the team to the playoffs last year, and is struggling for that 8th spot this year.

AI does not have much defense, so he drops off a bit there, so it is between Wade (5.7) and James (7.2) who both also out rebound Kobe (5.3), and shoot higher %, Wade (.503) James (.473) & Kobe (.442) - too many brick shots. Wade (1.9) has more steals per game than Kobe (1.8). Overall Kobe is a great highlight film and many are biased by the sports clips of Kobe, but he is not a complete player, he should be able to make Odom into his Scottie Pippin and he has some good players around him and should be better than a 500 team, so I will go with the young Wade as the best all around player in the game.

Thats some Bullsh1t alonso.....Aint nobody touchin Kobe right now, Statistics sht aside, Wayde,Lebrone, A.I. Are all great players but, they DEFINATLEY aint on Kobe's level....yet

Guage12
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guage12 » March 26th, 2006, 11:24 pm

makaveli389 wrote:the lakers have a very talented team they just needa gell together. this is only phil jacksons first year rmember. they have 3 first rounders in kobe lamar and kwame brown. and kwame brown has been playin very good these last couple games. his defense is very solid, he rebounds, and he was 7 of 7 tonite. he jus needa to mature and gain more confidence and he has the ability to be one of the top players in the league. i think the lakers will be back in the finals within 3 years.

Yea coudn't have said it better homie...Just gotta give them sometime to all adjust to the Triangle.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 27th, 2006, 12:49 pm

Guage12 wrote:
alonso wrote:When someone asks who is the best player in the NBA you have to consider how they play with their other teammates. Kobe is a great one on one player, but there is no way he is the best in the game. LeBron James, Allen I, and Dwayne Wade are far more better team players than Kobe.The two telling stats that tell how active a player is offensively is points scored and assists. We know that all 4 of these players can get their 30 points a night, so they are all basically equal there, but it is the other areas of the game you need to examine to see who os the best. Allen, James and Wade are all in the top 10 in assists. That is amazing there to be in top 10 in points scored and assists. Kobe is not even in the top 20 in assists, so there is a big drop off for him there. Dwayne wade played a rookie year with average players and made it to the first round of the playoffs, AI took his team to the finals, and Lebron looks to take his team to the playoff here in the 3rd season with average supporting cast. Kobe with an average team didnt take the team to the playoffs last year, and is struggling for that 8th spot this year.

Thats some Bullsh1t alonso.....Aint nobody touchin Kobe right now, Statistics sht aside, Wayde,Lebrone, A.I. Are all great players but, they DEFINATLEY aint on Kobe's level....yet
they are ALL on the same level. but kobe is just preforming better than the rest on that level.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » April 11th, 2006, 3:17 am

People think that Kobe is performing better because he scores alot of points, but that does not make a great player. Kobe shoots the ball more than most players, and he shoots more bricks than most players, his shooting percentage is not in the top 50 in the NBA, and he has enough talent around him to make them better and he doesnt. He is a great player, but there are a few that are better.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » April 18th, 2006, 11:20 am

makaveli389 wrote:^ what does skinny white kids runnin around in backwards caps have anything to do with anything. so you disagree with them that kobe will save em. u dont think he will take the lakers back to the championship?
My personal opinion is that I don't think HE can. Basketball is a TEAM sport and you need a TEAM of great players working together to get it done. Having a strategy of feeding your champ the ball and watching him brick it off the backboard as faces predictable tough defense is not good enough to win championships. The Lakers won championships repeatedly because they were a great TEAM with more than one standout player, an outstanding coach (his shamanism/zen religious beliefs aside), and some really good support players with special attributes that were permitted to use them in play and that's what made the difference imho.

Guage12
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guage12 » April 18th, 2006, 12:18 pm

Old Shatterhand wrote:
makaveli389 wrote:^ what does skinny white kids runnin around in backwards caps have anything to do with anything. so you disagree with them that kobe will save em. u dont think he will take the lakers back to the championship?
My personal opinion is that I don't think HE can. Basketball is a TEAM sport and you need a TEAM of great players working together to get it done. Having a strategy of feeding your champ the ball and watching him brick it off the backboard as faces predictable tough defense is not good enough to win championships. The Lakers won championships repeatedly because they were a great TEAM with more than one standout player, an outstanding coach (his shamanism/zen religious beliefs aside), and some really good support players with special attributes that were permitted to use them in play and that's what made the difference imho.

How you forgoten that they was an all Veteran team back in them days??
amost everybody on the old team had experience. The team nowdays is all rookie's with little to no experience. they still in the process of learing the triangle and in givin time will do so. you have to give Kobe and the lakers credit for what they doin right now cause it was predicted that they wasn't gonna even be in the playoffs for another year or two. and players like Odum is and Kwame is startin to step up, so thats a good sign. i dont know how you could sut there and say Kobe can't take them back to the good days, thats some bullst right there homie cause too me any team with a player of kobe's caliber can win a title

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » April 18th, 2006, 4:20 pm

Guage12 wrote:
Old Shatterhand wrote:

amost everybody on the old team had experience. The team nowdays is all rookie's with little to no experience. they still in the process of learing the triangle and in givin time will do so. you have to give Kobe and the lakers credit for what they doin right now cause it was predicted that they wasn't gonna even be in the playoffs for another year or two. and players like Odum is and Kwame is startin to step up, so thats a good sign. i dont know how you could sut there and say Kobe can't take them back to the good days, thats some bullst right there homie cause too me any team with a player of kobe's caliber can win a title
It's not going to happen in the next couple of years and Kobe can't make that happen all by himself. Things just don't happen they happen for a reason. If they do win a championship down the road, and I truly want them to as they are my team on the court, there will be very specific reasons why.

Guage12
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guage12 » April 18th, 2006, 4:31 pm

alonso wrote:People think that Kobe is performing better because he scores alot of points, but that does not make a great player. Kobe shoots the ball more than most players, and he shoots more bricks than most players, his shooting percentage is not in the top 50 in the NBA, and he has enough talent around him to make them better and he doesnt. He is a great player, but there are a few that are better.

^^im i sensing a little haterism??.... :lol:

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » April 18th, 2006, 7:19 pm

Old Shatterhand wrote:
Guage12 wrote:
Old Shatterhand wrote:

It's not going to happen in the next couple of years and Kobe can't make that happen all by himself. Things just don't happen they happen for a reason. If they do win a championship down the road, and I truly want them to as they are my team on the court, there will be very specific reasons why.

Dude, your jus talkin outta ur a$$. basketball is a team sport. a team consists of individual players. "Kobe cant win a championship all by himself." no mess. Michael Jordan wouldnt have won 6 championships by himself either. Noone can. Its impossible. MJ had a good supporting cast. Build a good team around Kobe and he'll lead them to the championship also.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » April 19th, 2006, 9:33 am

makaveli389 wrote:
Old Shatterhand wrote:
Guage12 wrote:
Old Shatterhand wrote:

Dude, your jus talkin outta ur a$$. basketball is a team sport. a team consists of individual players. "Kobe cant win a championship all by himself." no mess. Michael Jordan wouldnt have won 6 championships by himself either. Noone can. Its impossible. MJ had a good supporting cast. Build a good team around Kobe and he'll lead them to the championship also.
You just agreed with me.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » April 24th, 2006, 1:42 pm

Guage12 wrote:
alonso wrote:People think that Kobe is performing better because he scores alot of points, but that does not make a great player. Kobe shoots the ball more than most players, and he shoots more bricks than most players, his shooting percentage is not in the top 50 in the NBA, and he has enough talent around him to make them better and he doesnt. He is a great player, but there are a few that are better.

Not at all, and after Lebron getting a triple double in hs playoff debut, i was thinking that there is no reason why Kobe shouldnt be doing the same averaging 10 assists per game. I dont want to hear that Kobe's teamates miss the shots, because the Lakers averaged more points per game than the Cavs but Kobe doesnt think about dishing the ball as much as he should.

If you watched Lebron play on Saturday, you would see him dishing the ball to his teamates at times when he could have taken the shot himself, but he is smart. Get your players involved, build their confidence, then take over the game when neccessary. Thats what Lebron does and I dont see why Kobe cant do the same. Averaging 35 points per game with 4 assists is not GREAT. Average 30 per game, average 8 or 9 assists per game, win a 8 or 9 more games per season, thats GREATNESS.

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » April 24th, 2006, 11:12 pm

Lebron might be an overall better player than kobe, but kobe is definetly a better scorer, and better in the clutch, and his ability to take over the game is unmatched. You gotta take the good with the bad. Kobe was is such a prolific scorer that it would be humanly unfair for him to be a good passer also. you put an average supporting cast around lebron that fits his style, and an equally average supporting cast around kobe that fits kobe's style of play, put them head to head in a 7 game series, Ill put my money on kobe's team.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » April 27th, 2006, 3:21 am

makaveli389 wrote:Lebron might be an overall better player than kobe, but kobe is definetly a better scorer, and better in the clutch, and his ability to take over the game is unmatched. You gotta take the good with the bad. Kobe was is such a prolific scorer that it would be humanly unfair for him to be a good passer also. you put an average supporting cast around lebron that fits his style, and an equally average supporting cast around kobe that fits kobe's style of play, put them head to head in a 7 game series, Ill put my money on kobe's team.
your first sentence says it all, and was the question that this string asked. Who is a better player? Not, who is a better scorer?

And it is NOT humanly impossible to be a high scorer and great passer. That's what we call great players. Lebron, AI, & Dwade are all great scorers that pass the ball and get their teamates involved. I would love to see Kobe share the rock and still get his 30 points per game.

And thus far Kobe & Lebron have went head up on 4 times, and the series is split. In one of those games Kobe was injured in the 1st quarter and had to come out. In a 7 games series with all things being equal, I would pick Lebron over Kobe if I am looking at the way they played the game this season.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » May 2nd, 2006, 7:47 pm

kobe in the playoffs is showing why hes a good player

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » June 16th, 2006, 3:18 am

Guage12 wrote:

i am analyzing the players and basing my opinion on stats and performance, calling as accurately as I can and accused of haterism. That's funny. A guy averages 35 points a game and has a 500 team and he is called great. Thats is fine and I agree, but guys who look to make their supporting cast better are greater players. Magic averaged about 20 points a game, but he is considered one of the greatest of all times, because he averaged about 10 assists, rebounded, played all positions, and made other players better. Thats is greatness and Kobe just does not do all that. Wade and Lebron are doing that much better and they are younger.