SERIOUSLY.....Who could take eminem?

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music. Also included here are news worthy articles as it relates to music, musicians and the industry.
Monkeywrench
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

SERIOUSLY.....Who could take eminem?

Unread post by Monkeywrench » December 9th, 2003, 2:01 pm

Who could take eminem....SERIOUSLY...

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: SERIOUSLY.....

Unread post by wcrockets » December 9th, 2003, 2:24 pm

Eminen? Dre? Their fans?

Monkeywrench
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Monkeywrench » December 9th, 2003, 2:50 pm

Em lyrically....

besides Jay,Nas,

Bulls Fan
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Bulls Fan » December 10th, 2003, 5:03 am

I dont think anyone mainstream can take Eminem. Lyrically *even though his voice gets annoying* the guys a genius. Hes very creative...hes like a frickin rhyming english class or something.

Rossonero
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Rossonero » December 16th, 2003, 3:30 pm

Nowadays, no one. Especially since Jay-Z has retired. But if Biggie 'n Pac were alive...

sexy365
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sexy365 » December 17th, 2003, 2:25 pm

YEAH IF PAC WHERE ALIVE, HE'S MELT THE MIC.

Monkeywrench
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Monkeywrench » December 18th, 2003, 10:34 am

There's this cat C-Ray Walz...........saw him bout a month ago.He could give Em a definite run for his money.IMO..........Jay definently too.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » January 9th, 2004, 2:42 pm

Man Frank Sinatra would a smoked him in a rap off. Check out these lyrics from Swinging on a Star:

Would you like to swing on a star
Carry moonbeams home in a jar
And be better off than you are
Or would you rather be a mule

A mule is an animal with long funny ears
He kicks up at anything he hears
His back is brawny - and his brain is weak
He’s just plain stupid with a - stubborn streak

And by the way, if you hate to go to school
You may grow up to be a mule

Or would you rather be a pig

A pig is an animal with dirt on his face
His shoes are a terrible disgrace
He ain’t got no manners when he eats his food
He’s fat and lazy - and extremely rude

But if you don’t care a feather or a fig
You may grow up to be a pig

Or would you rather be a fish

A fish won’t do anything but swim in a brook
He cant write his name or read a book
And to fool the people is his only thought
Though he slippery - he still gets caught
But then if that sort of life is what you wish
You may grow up to be a fish

And all the monkeys aren’t in a zoo
Every day you meet quite a few
So you see it’s all up to you
You can be better than you are
You could be swinging on a star

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » January 9th, 2004, 2:48 pm

ha ha, crockets your too much bro...dont you think you kinda still stuck in the 60's??? 8) :?: :lol:

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » January 9th, 2004, 11:04 pm

Hehe.. you have to love old blue eyes.

Bulls Fan
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Bulls Fan » January 13th, 2004, 3:26 pm

i dont think Pac could beat eminem in a battle....all em would have to mention is that tupac was a wanna be...and this and that "change thug life to hug life" etc etc...and i dont think 2pac was that type of rapper.

Fre$h
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Fre$h » January 13th, 2004, 11:07 pm

Lots of people would destroy Eminem in a real battle. He picks out easy targets to diss like his own mother, pop stars, & cats like Benzino. He never calls out a real emcee when he starts talkin shit. He calls out Ja Rule...you know what I mean? C-Rayz, El-P, Aesop, Cage, Vast, Lif, Evidence, Del, Opio, Chino, etc...would kill him. That's not to say that he doesn't have skills, but he's not what everybody makes him out to be. In My Opinion.

Monkeywrench
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Monkeywrench » January 14th, 2004, 12:48 pm

^^^^ Maybe...maybe not.Alot of people seem to think he don't have it like he used too cause he blew up so big

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » January 15th, 2004, 12:42 pm

Monkeywrench wrote:^^^^ Maybe...maybe not.Alot of people seem to think he don't have it like he used too cause he blew up so big

His head you mean?

Monkeywrench
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Monkeywrench » January 21st, 2004, 11:36 am

wcrockets wrote:
Monkeywrench wrote:^^^^ Maybe...maybe not.Alot of people seem to think he don't have it like he used too cause he blew up so big

His head you mean?
Right on!

jb7777
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jb7777 » January 26th, 2004, 3:16 pm

Em is the modern day Elvis.....

blkjopker
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by blkjopker » January 29th, 2004, 12:26 am

Em got skills not to many can mess with him in a battle and most dont wont to battle dude. But let Jay-z spit some real sh@! at him, brake him down and call him out and compare each others life and lets see who really been through spome real sh*&. All it takes is somebody who is real and can back up what they spit. Besides how em going to switch from being stuffed in lockers when he was in school, to shooting and beaten niggas up. Even Ja rule would kick his a@! if it came to the street. Lets be real.

Mystic_duece_killa

Unread post by Mystic_duece_killa » January 31st, 2004, 11:23 pm

Fre$h wrote:Lots of people would destroy Eminem in a real battle. He picks out easy targets to diss like his own mother, pop stars, & cats like Benzino. He never calls out a real emcee when he starts talkin @$%*. He calls out Ja Rule...you know what I mean? C-Rayz, El-P, Aesop, Cage, Vast, Lif, Evidence, Del, Opio, Chino, etc...would kill him. That's not to say that he doesn't have skills, but he's not what everybody makes him out to be. In My Opinion.

Eminem is a very controversial person with many many different sides to his personality.... he is a genius dazzling in sick brilliance... instead of takin a jog or punchin a pillow or some sh*t he writes his anger out into raps... thats how he expresses hisself, he doesnt "pick" out people like that, they stand out with the stupid sh*t that they do and he takes advantage of that. Maybe you should be a little more open minded... personally i dont think any of those artists that you mentioned could make a mark against Slim....unlike alot of the others he`s busted his as* to get where he is n people should respect that....people look at his foul lyrics instead of things that matter like his never ending devotion to the driving force in his life...his daughter hailie, she brings out the true Marshall...you should get to know him!!!

Fre$h
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Fre$h » February 1st, 2004, 10:28 pm

I've tried listening to his music numerous times, & I just don't like it. That's just my opinion though, if you enjoy his records, then cool. I still think he picks on easy targets to "battle." He used to battle real emcee's when he was commin up through the underground, & that's why people give him so much respect. These days he tries to play the toughguy cause he's with 50, when he should be keepin his rhyme skills sharp. The dude is nice, there's no doubt about that, I've never tried to say otherwise. I just think he's wasting his talent on dissin Ja Rule, & tryin to pretend to be a gangster, when he should be out rippin emcee's. Again though...this is just my opinion.

caineIsignz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by caineIsignz » February 2nd, 2004, 10:01 am

K Fact,
Pac is definitely a better Rapper than Eminem. Biggie is definitely better than Eminem.

But 2pacs weakness were freestyles/battles. So matter fact, Eminem would beat Pac in a battle, and thats the only thing he could beat him in.
Now Biggie, he was the king of freestyle, Eminem isnt on Biggies freestyle level.

Pac and Biggie are lyrical genesious that are real and Eminem is following their footsteps but still isnt near their level.

Pasa
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Pasa » March 2nd, 2004, 11:54 am

LETS TAKE THE WOOL OFF THE EYES PEOPLE. MAINSTREAM RAP SH*T NEVER POSES MUCH OF A LYRICAL THREAT. BUT IN THE LA UNDERGROUND THERE ARE PLENTY OF SOLDIERS WHO WOULD EAT FEMINEM ALIVE. REAL TALK. THANX TO MTV, EVERYBODY(WHITE AMERICA) GETS UP ON FEMINEM LIKE HES THE BEST EVER. THIS IS A TOTAL JOKE.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 2nd, 2004, 12:33 pm

there are not many people that could hang with eminem in a battle. Battling is how he got his deal anyways. He did nothing but battle for years. I've seen some tapes of him in a backyard battling folks at a party a few years back and he's ruthless. As for del, he's tight, but he doesn't have the skills for M. And Cino XL, he may have some of the best written ever, but homie can't freestyle AT ALL. That's why they stopped having him on the wake up show. He used to come up there with written shi- and pass it off as freestyle. As for the others you mentioned, I never heard of 'em so I can't comment. But whatever you might think of Em, the boy can rap his ass off, and he is in the top 10 lyricists ever whether you like his subject matter or not.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » March 2nd, 2004, 2:06 pm

Mystic_duece_killa wrote:
Fre$h wrote:Lots of people would destroy Eminem in a real battle. He picks out easy targets to diss like his own mother, pop stars, & cats like Benzino. He never calls out a real emcee when he starts talkin @$%*. He calls out Ja Rule...you know what I mean? C-Rayz, El-P, Aesop, Cage, Vast, Lif, Evidence, Del, Opio, Chino, etc...would kill him. That's not to say that he doesn't have skills, but he's not what everybody makes him out to be. In My Opinion.

Eminem is a very controversial person with many many different sides to his personality.... he is a genius dazzling in sick brilliance... instead of takin a jog or punchin a pillow or some sh*t he writes his anger out into raps... thats how he expresses hisself, he doesnt "pick" out people like that, they stand out with the stupid sh*t that they do and he takes advantage of that. Maybe you should be a little more open minded... personally i dont think any of those artists that you mentioned could make a mark against Slim....unlike alot of the others he`s busted his as* to get where he is n people should respect that....people look at his foul lyrics instead of things that matter like his never ending devotion to the driving force in his life...his daughter hailie, she brings out the true Marshall...you should get to know him!!!

Do you know him?

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » March 2nd, 2004, 2:13 pm

I will say this about Em he got skills nodoubt but he still is over rated, i bet if he woke up blk his sells would drop. Not taking anything from the guy but people are buying it just because that. I think em albums need work he have not put out no classics yet. I like to here him on dj's mixed cd's when he talking junk to people battling but i yet to buy any of his albums. You dont find many rappers who can just sit with out a paper and pen and just litsen to a beat then go spit whats in there head out. Jay-z and Biggie being some of the few.

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » March 4th, 2004, 12:44 am

Eminem is a good emcee...PERIOD. no if, ands, or buts about it...

there will ALWAYS be someone better than the next...ain't nobody on top...respect Eminem as an emcee. no need to hate or diss...

there's a difference between opinions and just plain out hatin'...

personally, i never bought his cd and don't listen to it over and over like say a Jay-Z or Pac cd, but he's still got impeccable flow...he's very creative...

Monkeywrench
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Monkeywrench » March 4th, 2004, 7:51 am

Pasa wrote:LETS TAKE THE WOOL OFF THE EYES PEOPLE. MAINSTREAM RAP SH*T NEVER POSES MUCH OF A LYRICAL THREAT. BUT IN THE LA UNDERGROUND THERE ARE PLENTY OF SOLDIERS WHO WOULD EAT FEMINEM ALIVE. REAL TALK. THANX TO MTV, EVERYBODY(WHITE AMERICA) GETS UP ON FEMINEM LIKE HES THE BEST EVER. THIS IS A TOTAL JOKE.
Yea,and when he puts out something new and destroys people again,the same people dissin him in this thread will be bobbing their head to his shit dissecting his rhymes.

mike89
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mike89 » March 30th, 2004, 2:38 pm

EMINEM HAS SKILLS , BUT RAPPERS OUT NOW WILL EAT EMINEM ALIVE.AND LIKE DUDE WAS SAYING EMINEM BE DISSING EVERYONE ON HIS RECORDS, BUT WHEN SOMEONE SENDS A DISS BACK AT HIM, HE ACT'S LIKE A LIL GIRL, ENOUGH BOUT EMINEM FROM ME. THIS ISEN'T NO EMINEM FAN CLUB,

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 30th, 2004, 2:58 pm

how about naming some rappers out now that would "eat him alive". him and jay did a song, em had the better verse by far. NAS has said that Em was one of the baddest, I don't think he wants none. just name 3 people that you think could fade him. I'm not the big eminem fan or nothing, but you gotta give respect where it's due. There are few if any mainstream rappers out right now that can even compete, let alone beat him. And don't say big so and so from down the block. I mean somebody with an album that people have actually heard. If you wanna talk underground, It's sad, but there's some fool that used to do radio drops for Power 106 here in LA, and used to come on the afternoon show once in a while, and he would destroy eminem. But the sad thing is that he was a whiteboy too. I think they called him White Karl or something, and I never heard nothin like it.

mike89
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mike89 » March 30th, 2004, 3:04 pm

TO PANIK, YO GOT ME THINKING HERE,THE ONLY RAPPER OUT NOW THAT WOULD EAT EMINEM ALIVE IS PROJECT PAT FROM THREE SIX MAFFIA( RAP GROUP)BUT OTHER THAN THAT PANIK I DON'T KNOW

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 30th, 2004, 3:19 pm

I'm not too up on the south, but if he's the one that did that song "chickenheads", then I think you need to think of someone else dog cuz that fool is week. I don't klnow if he could handle eazy e in a battle.

mike89
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mike89 » March 30th, 2004, 3:36 pm

YOU APARENTLY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT RAP MUSIC, EXPECT FOR EMINEM OR 2 PAC,PANIK

Blues
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Blues » March 30th, 2004, 6:09 pm

mike89 wrote:TO PANIK, YO GOT ME THINKING HERE,THE ONLY RAPPER OUT NOW THAT WOULD EAT EMINEM ALIVE IS PROJECT PAT FROM THREE SIX MAFFIA( RAP GROUP)BUT OTHER THAN THAT PANIK I DON'T KNOW

LMAO! I like Project and everything but,he is not a good rapper by far!Now If you said somebody like Esham,Canibus,or Brotha Lynch then thats different!

Return to “Music and News”