What books do the gangsters read?

There are many that believe California's Prison Rehabilitation System and other systems around the world have more sinister purpose outside of incarceration. Discuss prison topics here in California, throughout the United States and Internationally.
dman93
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: Perth

What books do the gangsters read?

Unread post by dman93 » February 7th, 2018, 5:28 am

Hi All,

there is a fair number of books that are read by all the major gangs;

NF
NS
AB
BGF
LA EME
NLR

Carl Von Clausewitz
Sun Tzu - the art of war
Machiavelli

Can you name others?

Szczelec33
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Warsaw

Re: What books do the gangsters read?

Unread post by Szczelec33 » February 8th, 2018, 5:06 am

Chopper Reed

dman93
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by dman93 » February 9th, 2018, 5:12 am

I have actually met Chopper Read, son.

He was off his face but a funny guy.

Szczelec33
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Warsaw

Unread post by Szczelec33 » June 13th, 2018, 8:21 am

Dhopper survived in a time when Melbourne wasno joke and thrived:

https://www.cnet.com/news/google-under- ... 01-10aai3d

„Milorad Trkulja was shot by an unknown gunman in Melbourne in 2004, then discovered that Google searches of his name brought up images of mob figures, including convicted drug trafficker Tony Mokbel. Gang activity in the city was prevalent at the time.

Trkulja successfully sued Google for defamation in the Victorian Supreme Court in 2012, receiving damages of AU$200,000 (roughly $150,000). He launched a second defamation action in 2013, alleging that Google's autocomplete predictions, as well as searching phrases such as "Melbourne underworld criminals", wrongly brought up his name and image. Google took the case to the Victorian Court of Appeal and won that round.”

OziHomie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Sydney

Unread post by OziHomie » November 3rd, 2018, 5:03 am

half of what chopper read wrote was BS btw.. but for those of u who like him he actually recorded some rap songs try youtube them .. my mates met chopper and told me he was a snitch anyway... i read a few of his books but then i realised how much crap he wrote i never bothered to read any more.. ive read monster codys book and just about every gang and prison book i ever saw on a shelf .. i read sun tsu art of war 20 years ago but got sick of philosophy books .. i got into reality.. and started reading biographys..

true history stuff ..

ive owned over 20,000 books .. my favourite book was one written by ben okri an african pulitzer prize winner .. he takes you though this beautiful enchanting ride of self discovery and by the end of it he makes you realise .. everything you ever dreamed of ever wanted ever needed in this life.. you already had at birth. amazing book i just cant remember the title right now ..

knowledge is the greatest asset anyone , gangsters included can ever have ... just dont believe half of what you read

dman93
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by dman93 » December 6th, 2018, 5:42 pm

OziHomie wrote:half of what chopper read wrote was BS btw.. but for those of u who like him he actually recorded some rap songs try youtube them .. my mates met chopper and told me he was a snitch anyway... i read a few of his books but then i realised how much crap he wrote i never bothered to read any more.. ive read monster codys book and just about every gang and prison book i ever saw on a shelf .. i read sun tsu art of war 20 years ago but got sick of philosophy books .. i got into reality.. and started reading biographys..

true history stuff ..

ive owned over 20,000 books .. my favourite book was one written by ben okri an african pulitzer prize winner .. he takes you though this beautiful enchanting ride of self discovery and by the end of it he makes you realise .. everything you ever dreamed of ever wanted ever needed in this life.. you already had at birth. amazing book i just cant remember the title right now ..

knowledge is the greatest asset anyone , gangsters included can ever have ... just dont believe half of what you read

Great post Ozi. Very insightful, thanks