EME's style of operation; Pre tax edict.

There are many that believe California's Prison Rehabilitation System and other systems around the world have more sinister purpose outside of incarceration. Discuss prison topics here in California, throughout the United States and Internationally.
StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

EME's style of operation; Pre tax edict.

Unread post by StillNoScript » February 7th, 2007, 10:49 pm

Does anyone know how The Mexican Mafia operated before the so called, "edict", in, I believe the year 1993?

As I understand, this is when EME strictly started to tax all So Cal Chicano/Mexican varrios?

How did the EME make money before then?

Did they collect taxes from only certain gangs before then, or did they at all?

Also, I've read that some Chicano/Mexican varrios in So. Cal. didn't claim Sur 13 before this edict? If not, what did they claim? And, who claimed 13, and why, before it was demanded they do so?

Thanks.

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » February 8th, 2007, 12:07 pm

supplyin the needy of a fix

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » February 8th, 2007, 9:38 pm

Yeh, I've heard that, but don't know if it's true or not.

But, I'm really trying to find out how EME operated before the taxation, and why certain L.A. varrios didn't claim 13 until it was demanded of them.

It would probably be kind of a conflict of interest to ask you, right? :lol: From reading your posts over the last couple of years, I take it you're not in that So Cal loop...

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » February 9th, 2007, 9:59 am

StillNoScript wrote:Yeh, I've heard that, but don't know if it's true or not.

But, I'm really trying to find out how EME operated before the taxation, and why certain L.A. varrios didn't claim 13 until it was demanded of them.

It would probably be kind of a conflict of interest to ask you, right? :lol: From reading your posts over the last couple of years, I take it you're not in that So Cal loop...

:wink:

ballbuster

Unread post by ballbuster » February 11th, 2007, 3:14 am

I am (in the So-Cal/L.A. loop that is) and as far as I know the hispanic gangs out here have almost always used 13 in their names. I think it goes back to the beginning of the M's rise in the Cali Penal system around the early 60's.
That's when Northern and Southern hispanics started claiming their side of the state as a territory.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » February 11th, 2007, 11:16 pm

ballbuster wrote:I am (in the So-Cal/L.A. loop that is) and as far as I know the hispanic gangs out here have almost always used 13 in their names. I think it goes back to the beginning of the M's rise in the Cali Penal system around the early 60's.
That's when Northern and Southern hispanics started claiming their side of the state as a territory.
That's what I always assumed. But there's a blog called InTheHat (www.inthehat.blogspot.com) where it's author, who's also writing a book on the Mexican Mafia, claims in a blog entry that in 1993 EME decided to organize "All L.A. Hispanic gangs under the Sureno flag". If this is true, this would have to mean that some weren't claiming Sur. Then, he goes on to write about Maravilla and the "Green Light" gangs, aka tax resisters.

Also, since it's pretty well known that EME makes most of it's money by taxation today, how did they make their money before taxation? Or, did they just tax certain neighborhoods? Basically, how did they operate before this so called 'edict' was put forth in the early '90s?

Anyhow, thanks for your feedback, regardless.