Prison Culture That Drifts Onto Street Culture

There are many that believe California's Prison Rehabilitation System and other systems around the world have more sinister purpose outside of incarceration. Discuss prison topics here in California, throughout the United States and Internationally.
BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Prison Culture That Drifts Onto Street Culture

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » June 27th, 2003, 3:59 pm

I just want to ask all the G's out there about their take on the situation. We all know Surenos(Southsiders) clash with the Nortenos(Northsiders) in the pen. The Crip Vs. Crip Vs. Blood Vs. 415er thing? And we all know the Surenos beef with most of the blacks in lockdown. When did Prison Politics start to drift onto the streets? How has gangbanging changed because of that in recent years? How will it affect gangbanging into the future?

Reason I ask about this is pretty simple. Throughout the years, I've noticed the change, from the 70's to the 80's to the 90's. From the early stages of LOS area gang activity, every race basically preyed on their own kind within their own hood. You had different ethnic gangs in the same hood, holding down the same hood, that didn't beef with one another...i.e. Venice13/Venice Shoreline Crip, 18st/Playboy Gangster Crip/School Yard Crip/Geer Gang/West Boulevard (18st has many clicks and large territory they seem to "share" hoods with a lot of different sets). There was a hidden line drawn between the 2 gangs that no one crossed, until recent times when prison culture was being enforced on the street. Word on the street was being passed around, there were racial attacks in Hawaiin Gardens, various projects in Eastside L.A., Compton, South Central, 18st fighting bloods...It now seems like the fights are being predetermined by racial line. Is this the new wave? Will it end/cease?

Also I've noticed that most places that have been predominantly African American strongholds like Inglewood, Compton, Watts, South Central...that have seen migration from Latino immigrants (many central americans have moved into the "black" hoods), are the areas that seem to have warring gangs of different races.

Thoughts?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

mexican mafia

Unread post by alexalonso » July 5th, 2003, 1:03 pm

the EME has since about 1995 encouraged hispanic gangs to war with black gangs for a variety of reasons, and many rivalries have began. The Venice Shore Line Crips been fighting with Culver City 13 in 1994 or 95, the Black Stones and Rollin 20s Bloods been at it with 18th Street since about 1997.

Tortilla Flats in Compton and Fruit Town Pirus have been at war since 1998 and the Play Boys 13 and Blood Stone Villians have been at it since 1996. There are more of these but as hispanics continue to move in new places these rivalries will be on the rise. If any one know more black v. hispanic gang rivalries, post them on this string.

Kountry
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Kountry » July 5th, 2003, 3:21 pm

E/s Athens Park and Tortilla Flats

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » July 6th, 2003, 11:26 am

yesss alonso i know a few : kelly park compton crips vs compton varrio segundo
south side compton crips vs compton varrio 70
mona park compton crips(kelly and mona are real tight ) vs compton varrio largo 36 av
park village compton crips vs compton varrio 155 st and 70 and tortilla flat
acacia town farm compton crips vs compton varrio 70
nutty blocc compton crips vs compton varrio bron krazy minded
tree top piru vs tortilla flat and compton wayside st
cedar block piru vs tortilla flat
palmer blocc compton crips vs tortilla flat ah ah ah they'v lost most of their street ,they only hold the 900 blk west of wilmington av
naybahood piru vs tortilla flat
campanella park piru vs compton varrio 155 st
fruit town piru vs tortilla flat i'v heard they are united with lokotes another mexican gang against tortilla flat
holly hood piru vs compton varrio chicano gang harris st
lime hood piru vs compton varrio segundo
elm street piru vs tortilla flat
most pirus claim mexican killa but a lots of compton crip hoods are cool with at least a mexican set, like kelly park and chicano gang ,so i never heard of crips in compton claiming mexican killaz, but most pirus do, i saw some ''compton varrio killaz compton crips'' but that was just a concept from a group of young nhcc'z they was mad at tiny gangstaz cause they share the same blocc, but not a real war ...

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » July 6th, 2003, 2:44 pm

RANCHO SAN PEDRO GANG vs. DODGE CITY CRIP
VICTORIA PARK LOCOS vs. EAST COAST CRIP 190
EAST SIDE TORRRANCE vs. HARBOR CITY CRIP
204 ST. PWS vs. 209 ST. CRIP

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Prison Culture That Drifts Onto Street Culture

Unread post by rocstar » December 2nd, 2003, 1:56 am

Du Roc Crips / Duarte ES, Azusa 13, MNV
West Covina NH / Puente 13
Pomona 12st / 357

THALOCPASADENA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by THALOCPASADENA » February 9th, 2004, 6:53 pm

PASADENA RAYMOND VS LATIN KINGS

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » February 9th, 2004, 7:03 pm

THALOCPASADENA wrote:PASADENA RAYMOND VS LATIN KINGS
r there alot of latin kings in pasadena homie?

THALOCPASADENA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by THALOCPASADENA » February 12th, 2004, 4:38 pm

NOT REALING THEY DIED OUT IN THE MID 90'S, BUT YOU WILL RUN INTO SOME AND IT'S LIKE ON ...ON SITE..

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tatta » February 15th, 2004, 11:38 am

Prison politics drift out into the streets most definitely Big D. I have a theory on that and I seldom get heard so I am glad I finally checked this post.
In the pen most of the TRUE G's are doing life or some other kind of stretched out type bid...never to see the streets again. Youngstas enter the system and are forced to ride in the car of their race...it's just a means of survival and one of the harshest realities in the prison system. In prison you are molded into a mindset...like it or not...you stick with your own kind.
G's take advantage of these youngstas. They feed their mind with bullsh*t and make them pawns in their own personal plots and beefs. They know that these first-timers or short-timers will be going home and take their ways and beefs back to the streets and keep the "legacy" alive.
Instead of taking a youngsta by the arm and saying "Look man...wise up. Keep doing what you have been doing on these streets and you will end up like me and never see the light of day again." they take them by the neck and say "You better go home and kill so-and-so or put in work on them so-and-sos...you WILL be back and if you come back without doing what I tell you then you will have to see me." I know this first hand. I had on of those G's send me home on a mission and on my next trip was fortunate enough to have one set my mind straight.
The influence of G's is a powerful thang. Far too few of them care about their young homies like they should and instead want to make them pawns in wars that have been going on for decades, aimlessly the youngstas allow themselves to be brainwashed and used.
Depressing ass cylce that may never be broken. The initial change lays within the elders of the gang culture; their mindset has to be switched over so that they can give the right messages and cease the street-wars that have sprung up over so many personal beefs that now races as wholes are at eachothers throats.

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » February 15th, 2004, 11:50 am

samdoobie wrote:RANCHO SAN PEDRO GANG vs. DODGE CITY CRIP
VICTORIA PARK LOCOS vs. EAST COAST CRIP 190
EAST SIDE TORRRANCE vs. HARBOR CITY CRIP
204 ST. PWS vs. 209 ST. CRIP
209 ST. CRIP(DIED OUT)
KEYSTONE VS. ECC190
CARSON 13 VS. skott park(or whatever is left of them)
t-flats VS. VICTORIA PARK CRIPS
EAST SIDE PAIN/GHOST TOWN BLOODS VS. ES WILMAS
WS LONGO VS. WEST COAST CRIPS
ES LONGO VS. ICG/R'20'S
HARBOR CITY 255ST VS. HARBOR CITY CRIPS(OFF AND ON)
ETC.ETC.ETC.

InterestedGuy

Unread post by InterestedGuy » February 19th, 2004, 9:13 pm

Great post tatta, you speak a lot of painful truths and wisdom.

Kev1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Kev1 » February 26th, 2004, 7:28 pm

Inglewood 13 vs. Queen Street/NHP/CPF
Victoria Park Locos vs. ECC 190
18th Street vs. Jungles

AcmeWhiteBread
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AcmeWhiteBread » March 7th, 2004, 2:43 pm

Interesting. Well here is a little tid bit. Tom Metzger of http://www.resist.com notorious white supremist contends, that the " Race War" all the white supremists belive is gonna happen, will start with the non white gangs vs each other. So those who participate in these mini race wars might be making that become true. Just a thought......

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » March 7th, 2004, 11:31 pm

That's very true, Acme.

Anonymous20

Re: mexican mafia

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 8th, 2004, 12:05 am

East Coast Crips vs Florencia 13
52 Pueblo Bishops vs 38th Str
94/112 Hoovers vs South Los 13
PBGC BPS 20 VNG FTB vs 18 Str Clicks
74 Hoover vs Crazy Riders
Last edited by Anonymous20 on March 22nd, 2004, 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: mexican mafia

Unread post by Conman » March 9th, 2004, 1:56 pm

kevmac wrote:East Coast Crips vs Florencia 13...will get really ugly
52 Pueblo Bishops vs ????
112 Hoovers vs South Los 13 (told they are Hoover ridas.whole car)
PBGC BPS 20 VNG FTB vs 18 Str Clicks
74 Hoover vs Crazy Riders
X
Last edited by Conman on March 17th, 2004, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KRDreJ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KRDreJ » March 11th, 2004, 5:46 pm

Rancho San Pedro vs Nutty Blocc Compton Crips

Eastside Wilmas vs Tree Top Piru

DreamerGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DreamerGirl » March 22nd, 2004, 11:29 am

Basically Tatta broke it down on this subject........

For those who post non-sense, try sitting back & absorbing some input
~DreamerGirl~

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » March 22nd, 2004, 11:57 am

Yes he did for real.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 22nd, 2004, 2:19 pm

Tatta wrote:G's take advantage of these youngstas. They feed their mind with bullsh*t and make them pawns in their own personal plots and beefs. They know that these first-timers or short-timers will be going home and take their ways and beefs back to the streets and keep the "legacy" alive.

Instead of taking a youngsta by the arm and saying "Look man...wise up. Keep doing what you have been doing on these streets and you will end up like me and never see the light of day again." they take them by the neck and say "You better go home and kill so-and-so or put in work on them so-and-sos...you WILL be back and if you come back without doing what I tell you then you will have to see me."

The influence of G's is a powerful thang. Far too few of them care about their young homies like they should and instead want to make them pawns in wars that have been going on for decades, aimlessly the youngstas allow themselves to be brainwashed and used.
For the MOST part I agree. In fact, you are 100% correct especially when you said "far too few" which means not every G is like this. I've ran across Gee's from Swan (TED), ECC(Big Larry), 60's (Big Rick, Mumpy) that aren't like that at all. A small amount of them DO have remorse or regret their punishment...and some will use youngsters as a pond for money and staying in touch with the outside rather than a mission to kill and return for a similar life sentence.

I also agree the power of a G is far more influential than it should be behind the walls. However, I equally blame the youngsters for the stupidity of being brainwashed and on missions to get notariety of being a ghetto star. At some point youngsters need to be held accountable for their own actions. I ain't blaming no G.

My GEE's didn't see their G's getting 100 years with L's and death penalties etc..... Youngsters today see this....likely have homies doing LIFE or long stretches.......and so they can look at these examples and have the chance to better themselves.

DuarteESiderSGVX3
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DuarteESiderSGVX3 » March 30th, 2005, 11:53 am

East Side Duarte SGV X3 VS. Du RoCC Crips VS. Monrovia X3

i dont know about monrovia having beef with Du RoCC but East side does have beef with Du RoCC and Monrovia X3