Nortenos talking black

There are many that believe California's Prison Rehabilitation System and other systems around the world have more sinister purpose outside of incarceration. Discuss prison topics here in California, throughout the United States and Internationally.
youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Re: Nortenos talking black

Unread post by youngspade » September 4th, 2008, 2:31 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:
~J~ wrote:He might be talking about some Southsiders and not you specifically.

Have you read through all the posts on the thread? it will answer your question. these are some of the most honest opinions on this topic you will find on a forum, right now.

Again, the prison video reflects the way Nortenos from different areas generally talk, how hard is that for you to understand?
Yes, I agree with you. Some of the other guys claiming SUR left their opinion & didn't sound like this guy.
Actually I can careless about a fucking NorthSide, nigga, but like I said your TOO stupid to realize that POLITICS split you guys up. AND

Politics is the GOVERNMENT.

The reason why I even came out like that was because you guys were just like OMG FUCK NOR PUTOS and FUCK SEROTOS.

You guys all brown. What you should of took in consideration is that im BLACK so this doesnt even apply to me, im just putting my honest opinion.

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » September 4th, 2008, 6:06 pm

first of all....anyone using the movie colors as a reference is a straight dumbass....maybe they used some real gang members here and there but most peeps in there were extras and actors

and yea....i hate chicanos with braids and gold grills goin around trying to peddle thier rap cd's
then again i think sureno style is corny too.......good thing i dont live in cali i would hate everybody

DICERxOVSBAxBMTLs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: ONTA VARRIO SUR

Unread post by DICERxOVSBAxBMTLs » September 4th, 2008, 6:51 pm

youngspade wrote:
MMRbkaRudog wrote:
~J~ wrote:He might be talking about some Southsiders and not you specifically.

Have you read through all the posts on the thread? it will answer your question. these are some of the most honest opinions on this topic you will find on a forum, right now.

Again, the prison video reflects the way Nortenos from different areas generally talk, how hard is that for you to understand?
Yes, I agree with you. Some of the other guys claiming SUR left their opinion & didn't sound like this guy.
Actually I can careless about a #%@&#%@ NorthSide, nigga, but like I said your TOO stupid to realize that POLITICS split you guys up. AND

The reason why I even came out like that was because you guys were just like OMG fu-- NOR PUTOS and fu-- SEROTOS.

You guys all brown. What you should of took in consideration is that im BLACK so this doesnt even apply to me, im just putting my honest opinion.
DAMN HOMIE YOU TALK ALOT OF BS...SOME SHIT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: 408

Unread post by ~J~ » September 4th, 2008, 6:59 pm

andrew wrote:first of all....anyone using the movie colors as a reference is a straight dumbass....maybe they used some real gang members here and there but most peeps in there were extras and actors
Lol. did you spend time in California is the 80's? just because they used actors didn't mean that kind of stuff wasn't happening. I can't speak for Southern California per se but from what I know and understand the movie is pretty authentic to what was going on back then.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » September 5th, 2008, 10:51 am

[/quote]

Actually I can careless about a #%@&#%@ NorthSide, nigga, but like I said your TOO stupid to realize that POLITICS split you guys up. AND

The reason why I even came out like that was because you guys were just like OMG fu-- NOR PUTOS and fu-- SEROTOS.

You guys all brown. What you should of took in consideration is that im BLACK so this doesnt even apply to me, im just putting my honest opinion.[/quote]

DAMN HOMIE YOU TALK ALOT OF BS...SOME SHIT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.[/quote] Co-sign, he sounds like 1 of those guys that blames the gov for everything. I don't think he realizes how he really is the 1 that looks stupid some times. I even admitted that the gov has helped keep 13 & 14 split some what, but I guess he expects us to believe that it's all the gov's fault w/his BS.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » September 5th, 2008, 6:03 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:

You guys all brown. What you should of took in consideration is that im BLACK so this doesnt even apply to me, im just putting my honest opinion.[/quote]

DAMN HOMIE YOU TALK ALOT OF BS...SOME SHIT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.[/quote] Co-sign, he sounds like 1 of those guys that blames the gov for everything. I don't think he realizes how he really is the 1 that looks stupid some times. I even admitted that the gov has helped keep 13 & 14 split some what, but I guess he expects us to believe that it's all the gov's fault w/his BS.[/quote]

Excuse me sir, all I said is the governement is the reason YALL ARE ( Still ) Split up to this day. Almost EVERY gang was built to protect its community and be rebellious to the GOVERNMENT. ( Im talking about before it was even W/s Crips and E/s Crips Sorta the BLACK PANTHER ( In CHICAGO, Where the first Black Gangs spawned.) days, more when WE WERE just finding out how to get from The Eastside and Live like the people PASS western or fyi ( Inglewood ). and THE ( Already mentioned.) "VIVA LA RAZA" .

You trying to make a dumbass point which you barely know what the fuck you talking about.....? Nigga like i said im black so what does that tell you, ( I Know people. )

Have a good day.

P.S. = Im always at work when I post so I will admitt that I dont have time to really put my posts in DETAIL.

DICERxOVSBAxBMTLs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DICERxOVSBAxBMTLs » September 5th, 2008, 6:13 pm

YOU KNOW NOTHING OF THE SUR/NORTE BEEF SO LET IT GO FOOL...IF YOU HIT COUNTY ITS ALL ABOUT SURVIVAL SO YOU CLICK UP WITH VATOS IN YOUR HOOD OR AREA IxE,SGV,PARTS OF LOS N SO ON, THE COs PUT THEM IN THOSE AREA N SEPARATE SO WARS N MURDERS ARE NOT AS COMMION 9EVEN THO THEY ARE)THERE (COs) ARE OUT NUMBERD 100 TO 1 YOU REALLY THINK THEY MAKE THE REAL RULES?...NA THEY JUST TRY N KEEP ORDER.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » September 6th, 2008, 2:20 pm

youngspade wrote:
MMRbkaRudog wrote:

DAMN HOMIE YOU TALK ALOT OF BS...SOME SHIT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.[/quote] Co-sign, he sounds like 1 of those guys that blames the gov for everything. I don't think he realizes how he really is the 1 that looks stupid some times. I even admitted that the gov has helped keep 13 & 14 split some what, but I guess he expects us to believe that it's all the gov's fault w/his BS.[/quote]

Excuse me sir, all I said is the governement is the reason YALL ARE ( Still ) Split up to this day. Almost EVERY gang was built to protect its community and be rebellious to the GOVERNMENT. ( Im talking about before it was even W/s Crips and E/s Crips Sorta the BLACK PANTHER ( In CHICAGO, Where the first Black Gangs spawned.) days, more when WE WERE just finding out how to get from The Eastside and Live like the people PASS western or fyi ( Inglewood ). and THE ( Already mentioned.) "VIVA LA RAZA" .

You trying to make a dumbass point which you barely know what the fu-- you talking about.....? Nigga like i said im black so what does that tell you, ( I Know people. )

Have a good day.

P.S. = Im always at work when I post so I will admitt that I dont have time to really put my posts in DETAIL.[/quote] No, you said the gov is the reason for the split. Sounds like you're the 1 trying to make a dumb ass point, which you barely know wtf you're talking about. Just give it up, like dicer said. You telling me you're black, tells me just that & nothing different.

HIGHINSP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: kush county

Unread post by HIGHINSP » September 7th, 2008, 12:37 am

let me spread a little light on this new situation that has been brought up...ok first off the sur northe shit aint that old...early to mid 70's...before that it was a gang thing not a geographic thing...the Mexican Mafia and nuestra familia were two waring mexican prison gangs...with both having members from all over california...there were jente from los, santa maria, chiques, cucamonga,from all over the south from the NF...just like the were homies from san fran, sac, fresno who were MM...it was a prison gang not a street gang...so where you were from didnt matter...the gangs were inside the walls...so depending on what prison you were in had more influence in what gang you joined...then what part of the state you lived...excatly how it became a north/south thing is unclear...one story is over a pair of shoes...i believe in quilmas or folsom someones shoes were taken and somehow the takers and the victims divided themselves by "cars"...or more simply put the dudes from up north backed each others play...and the eses from the south did the same...another story is the kids in CYA started dividing into cars by county...so when Tracy was switched over from a YA to an adult prison...that was the program...like i already stated depending on what prison you were in...you go with that routina and divide/ seperate yourself accordingly...I used to chop it up with an old ass mexican dude from grape street watts when i was in the pen...he even told me the lines were so cloudy that he knew a dude in the late 60's early 70's who was a member of the EME...and they would kick it all the time...even though he was from watts and dude was from san fran...fast forward to the late 70's they run into each other again...both are happy to see each other...but in this new reality one's sur/ the others northe...but get this they still kick it...and both sides seem to understand...so if people who actully lived through these times in prison dont know what the fuck happened...i highly doubt any random person on the computer can figure it out...as for the black vato who keeps saying the government split us apart...your wrong...we split ourselves up...they just provide the environment to keep us seperated...by forcing us all into a little ass yard...knowing we cant get along...and when we do get along to well...then they will help escalate a problem...with there little tactics...hope this can stop the name calling...high

HIGHINSP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

let me spread a little light on this new situation that has been brought up...ok first off the sur northe shit aint that old...early to mid 70's...before that it was a gang thing not a geographic thing...the Mexican Mafia and nuestra familia were two waring mexican prison gangs...with both having members from all over california...there were jente from los, santa maria, chiques, cucamonga,from all over the south from the NF...just like the were homies from san fran, sac, fresno who were MM...it was a prison gang not a street gang...so where you were from didnt matter...the gangs were inside the walls...so depending on what prison you were in had more influence in what gang you joined...then what part of the state you lived...excatly how it became a north/south thing is unclear...one story is over a pair of shoes...i believe in quilmas or folsom someones shoes were taken and somehow the takers and the victims divided themselves by "cars"...or more simply put the dudes from up north backed each others play...and the eses from the south did the same...another story is the kids in CYA started dividing into cars by county...so when Tracy was switched over from a YA to an adult prison...that was the program...like i already stated depending on what prison you were in...you go with that routina and divide/ seperate yourself accordingly...I used to chop it up with an old ass mexican dude from grape street watts when i was in the pen...he even told me the lines were so cloudy that he knew a dude in the late 60's early 70's who was a member of the EME...and they would kick it all the time...even though he was from watts and dude was from san fran...fast forward to the late 70's they run into each other again...both are happy to see each other...but in this new reality one's sur/ the others northe...but get this they still kick it...and both sides seem to understand...so if people who actully lived through these times in prison dont know what the fuck happened...i highly doubt any random person on the computer can figure it out...as for the black vato who keeps saying the government split us apart...your wrong...we split ourselves up...they just provide the environment to keep us seperated...by forcing us all into a little ass yard...knowing we cant get along...and when we do get along to well...then they will help escalate a problem...with there little tactics...hope this can stop the name calling...high

HIGHINSP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

HIGHINSP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

DICERxOVSBAxBMTLs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DICERxOVSBAxBMTLs » September 7th, 2008, 1:55 pm

andrew wrote:first of all....anyone using the movie colors as a reference is a straight dumbass....maybe they used some real gang members here and there but most peeps in there were extras and actors

and yea....i hate chicanos with braids and gold grills goin around trying to peddle thier rap cd's
then again i think sureno style is corny too.......good thing i dont live in cali i would hate everybody
HOWS SUR STYLE CORNY ESE? YOU KNOW WHAT I THINK IS CORNY SOME SMALL TIME "GANGSTER" FROM COLORADO TRYN TO TALK SHIT ON REAL Gs...SIMON ESE YOU LUCKY YOU DONT LIVE IN CALI BECAUSE FROM WHAT I BEEN READN YOUR ASS WOULD GET TAKEN OUT QUICK.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » September 7th, 2008, 3:05 pm

That fool Andrew talking for the sake of talking on something he probably only knows about from reading forums. just like youngspade, assuming no one knows what's really going on and trying come across as if he schooling someone, lol. if you wanna learn something about the Norte vs Sur beef, read HIGHINSP last post.

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » September 7th, 2008, 4:39 pm

i been to cali many times homie..........and yeah my team is "small time" by cali standards..........so what.......
and i give a f__k about norte/sur beef...dont affect me either way....all the norte/sur members here are either mojaos or small town peeps

i was just commenting on how i agree with fellow chicanos talking black and braiding hair and shit didnt mention shit about norte.....there aint no need for that...........makes us all look bad

DICERxOVSBAxBMTLs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DICERxOVSBAxBMTLs » September 7th, 2008, 4:43 pm

andrew wrote:i been to cali many times homie..........and yeah my team is "small time" by cali standards..........so what.......
and i give a f__k about norte/sur beef...dont affect me either way....all the norte/sur members here are either mojaos or small town peeps

i was just commenting on how i agree with fellow chicanos talking black and braiding hair and shit didnt mention shit about norte.....there aint no need for that...........makes us all look bad
YOU DONT LIKE THE FACT THAT CHICANOS TALK BLACK N ACT IT YET YOU DYE YOUR HAIR BLOND N SAY TEAM N BRO...OK ESE GOOD TO SEE YOUR KEEPN IT RAZA ESE...N WHAT PART OF CALI HAVE YOU BEEN TO MANY TIMES?

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » September 7th, 2008, 8:08 pm

andrew wrote:i was just commenting on how i agree with fellow chicanos talking black and braiding hair and shit didnt mention shit about norte.....there aint no need for that...........makes us all look bad
Well, it would of but cool if you would of left it at this, and I agree that Chicanos talking or acting Black isn't too cool, but whatever, that's them, it was the other stuff you said that wasn't too cool.. but now that I think about it.. shouldn't you be at home with these kind of "peeps"? calling the Gente "Mojados" and such. what's team?
On that Norte/Sur comment, I was referring to youngspade or to whom it may concern.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » September 8th, 2008, 8:08 am

HIGHINSP wrote:let me spread a little light on this new situation that has been brought up...ok first off the sur northe shit aint that old...early to mid 70's...before that it was a gang thing not a geographic thing...the Mexican Mafia and nuestra familia were two waring mexican prison gangs...with both having members from all over california...there were jente from los, santa maria, chiques, cucamonga,from all over the south from the NF...just like the were homies from san fran, sac, fresno who were MM...it was a prison gang not a street gang...so where you were from didnt matter...the gangs were inside the walls...so depending on what prison you were in had more influence in what gang you joined...then what part of the state you lived...excatly how it became a north/south thing is unclear...one story is over a pair of shoes...i believe in quilmas or folsom someones shoes were taken and somehow the takers and the victims divided themselves by "cars"...or more simply put the dudes from up north backed each others play...and the eses from the south did the same...another story is the kids in CYA started dividing into cars by county...so when Tracy was switched over from a YA to an adult prison...that was the program...like i already stated depending on what prison you were in...you go with that routina and divide/ seperate yourself accordingly...I used to chop it up with an old ass mexican dude from grape street watts when i was in the pen...he even told me the lines were so cloudy that he knew a dude in the late 60's early 70's who was a member of the EME...and they would kick it all the time...even though he was from watts and dude was from san fran...fast forward to the late 70's they run into each other again...both are happy to see each other...but in this new reality one's sur/ the others northe...but get this they still kick it...and both sides seem to understand...so if people who actully lived through these times in prison dont know what the fu-- happened...i highly doubt any random person on the computer can figure it out...as for the black vato who keeps saying the government split us apart...your wrong...we split ourselves up...they just provide the environment to keep us seperated...by forcing us all into a little ass yard...knowing we cant get along...and when we do get along to well...then they will help escalate a problem...with there little tactics...hope this can stop the name calling...high

You only go back to the 60's. You didnt even get close to what I was talking about. BEFORE THAT! LOL. But, you, sir, ARE CORRECT. But I was talking before THAT Lol. Im talking about WHEN the BORDERS were moved up from Mexico into the UNITED STATES type shit. Does anyone like really understand what the hell im talking about? Take yall history classes over or just slap your teachers (jkn). Im not talking about some cut-coke ass STORY MAn of some man STEALING shoes. lol. You didnt get into the point, im ASKING the process that made you guys even MAKE up a NSF or EME.

Please dont get offend im just here for good facts and opinions.

HIGHINSP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HIGHINSP » September 8th, 2008, 10:33 am

youngspade wrote:
HIGHINSP wrote:let me spread a little light on this new situation that has been brought up...ok first off the sur northe shit aint that old...early to mid 70's...before that it was a gang thing not a geographic thing...the Mexican Mafia and nuestra familia were two waring mexican prison gangs...with both having members from all over california...there were jente from los, santa maria, chiques, cucamonga,from all over the south from the NF...just like the were homies from san fran, sac, fresno who were MM...it was a prison gang not a street gang...so where you were from didnt matter...the gangs were inside the walls...so depending on what prison you were in had more influence in what gang you joined...then what part of the state you lived...excatly how it became a north/south thing is unclear...one story is over a pair of shoes...i believe in quilmas or folsom someones shoes were taken and somehow the takers and the victims divided themselves by "cars"...or more simply put the dudes from up north backed each others play...and the eses from the south did the same...another story is the kids in CYA started dividing into cars by county...so when Tracy was switched over from a YA to an adult prison...that was the program...like i already stated depending on what prison you were in...you go with that routina and divide/ seperate yourself accordingly...I used to chop it up with an old ass mexican dude from grape street watts when i was in the pen...he even told me the lines were so cloudy that he knew a dude in the late 60's early 70's who was a member of the EME...and they would kick it all the time...even though he was from watts and dude was from san fran...fast forward to the late 70's they run into each other again...both are happy to see each other...but in this new reality one's sur/ the others northe...but get this they still kick it...and both sides seem to understand...so if people who actully lived through these times in prison dont know what the fu-- happened...i highly doubt any random person on the computer can figure it out...as for the black vato who keeps saying the government split us apart...your wrong...we split ourselves up...they just provide the environment to keep us seperated...by forcing us all into a little ass yard...knowing we cant get along...and when we do get along to well...then they will help escalate a problem...with there little tactics...hope this can stop the name calling...high

You only go back to the 60's. You didnt even get close to what I was talking about. BEFORE THAT! LOL. But, you, sir, ARE CORRECT. But I was talking before THAT Lol. Im talking about WHEN the BORDERS were moved up from Mexico into the UNITED STATES type shit. Does anyone like really understand what the hell im talking about? Take yall history classes over or just slap your teachers (jkn). Im not talking about some cut-coke ass STORY MAn of some man STEALING shoes. lol. You didnt get into the point, im ASKING the process that made you guys even MAKE up a NSF or EME.

ok so you think that the government has someting to do with creating the NF and MM???way back when the us was stealing mexicos land???if you wnt to go back real far ill give you a little schooling...back when texas was mexico...the US was allowed to have temporary settlements in texas...so the americans had slaves working on their settlements...being as mexico had abolished slavery many moons before...they asked the us to remove all slaves from their country...to which the us responded by bringing in even more slaves...which created conflict within mexico...which helped start a war between mexico/us...which lead to texas being taken by force from mexico...the sighning of the treaty of hildago (sp?)which has absoluty nothing to do with the MM or NF...so i guess to answer your question i dodnt see the relationship...being as both gangs are prison gangs...which like all prison gangs were created to provie a safe environment for the mexican (or any other race for that matter) race in prison...so how you believe that these gangs had and history before the 60's is new to me...but what do i know???im just another idiot who donated 5 years of my life to the state of california prison system...who also happens to married to a double history major/ chicano studies...who still has contact with quite a few lifers...who have been in the system for 30+ years...so please re-word your opinions...and ask spefic questions...instead of making it seem like you have some privilged information...that no on else knows...because your dates dont add up...and your questions are not relevent to each other...so lets keep this civil...and see if we can find some common ground and enlighten each other...high
s.p. as for the shoe story being a cut-coke version...that story has come from more then of of the actual horses mouths from both sides of the fence... i guess if youve never been there you cant understand the importance of taking another mans stuff...shoes and all personal property are valued to the point...that many people have died trying to defend themselves just to keep their personal property in prison

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » September 10th, 2008, 4:49 pm

HIGHINSP wrote:
youngspade wrote:

ok so you think that the government has someting to do with creating the NF and MM???way back when the us was stealing mexicos land???if you wnt to go back real far ill give you a little schooling...back when texas was mexico...the US was allowed to have temporary settlements in texas...so the americans had slaves working on their settlements...being as mexico had abolished slavery many moons before...they asked the us to remove all slaves from their country...to which the us responded by bringing in even more slaves...which created conflict within mexico...which helped start a war between mexico/us...which lead to texas being taken by force from mexico...the sighning of the treaty of hildago (sp?)which has absoluty nothing to do with the MM or NF...so i guess to answer your question i dodnt see the relationship...being as both gangs are prison gangs...which like all prison gangs were created to provie a safe environment for the mexican (or any other race for that matter) race in prison...so how you believe that these gangs had and history before the 60's is new to me...but what do i know???im just another idiot who donated 5 years of my life to the state of california prison system...who also happens to married to a double history major/ chicano studies...who still has contact with quite a few lifers...who have been in the system for 30+ years...so please re-word your opinions...and ask spefic questions...instead of making it seem like you have some privilged information...that no on else knows...because your dates dont add up...and your questions are not relevent to each other...so lets keep this civil...and see if we can find some common ground and enlighten each other...high
s.p. as for the shoe story being a cut-coke version...that story has come from more then of of the actual horses mouths from both sides of the fence... i guess if youve never been there you cant understand the importance of taking another mans stuff...shoes and all personal property are valued to the point...that many people have died trying to defend themselves just to keep their personal property in prison
I respect you alot for coming at me like a man, and I dont understand the importance of stealing someones shit especially in prison. Im still confused on how, they didnt just make a whole California Mexican Mafia, instead of a Half-Ass one.....But like im said, im black, im not even suppose to know what I do know.

VALERO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by VALERO » September 12th, 2008, 7:37 pm

How can Surenos call out Nortenos for acting black when so much of Southern Cali Latino culture is based in black culture? Zoot suits were originally worn by blacks on the east coast and midwest in places like New York, Boston, etc., often in relation to the jazz culture and the black gangsterism present in places like New York (which often had connections to white ethnic gangsters like the Jews, Italians, Irish, etc.). So many Latinos in Southern Cali love to listen to oldies music, which is just basically old-school black R&B and doo-wop music. Surenos are also more likely to rap than Nortenos (and yes, rap was originated AND popularized by not just blacks but also Latinos, but those Latinos weren't L.A. Mexicans but instead N.Y. Puerto Ricans). If Surenos don't want to act black, then they really need to stop rapping on YouTube. If it wasn't for black West Coast rappers like Snoop, Dre, MC Eiht, Ice Cube, etc., nobody would care about Sureno rappers like Conejo, Yeska, Lil Rob, etc. Oh, and we know Southern Cali Mexicans love Tupac!

They also use the beats of various black artists (ex. Conejo using The Game's beat for the One Blood song, and then advocating a race war against the Crips and Bloods, not mentioning the fact that the Mexican Mafia and the Surenos have been the more likely instigators of the racial conflicts in the Los Angeles metropolitan area, even choosing to kill innocent blacks who never banged B or C ), like using beats from different Zapp songs. Blacks were shaving their heads and wearing jerseys as fashion statements long before Surenos were. Surenos, like whites, have mimicked black slang, using words like "gangsta," "slanging," "ho," etc. Surenos are just as likely as Nortenos, if not more, to be influenced by black culture. Hypocrisy at its finest!

Another thing, Surenos have no right to call out other groups for copying when a lot of their culture came from Tejanos who migrated from El Paso to Cali. A lot of the cholo culture originated in El Paso and was transported to L.A. when Tejanos started to move to Los Angeles back in the day.

And if you don't like hearing Mexicans saying the word nigga, don't move down here to Texas. Tejanos all over the state been using that word for a long time, and there's no controversy about it like in Cali.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena

Unread post by femun » September 12th, 2008, 10:30 pm

VALERO wrote: Surenos are just as likely as Nortenos, if not more, to be influenced by black culture. Hypocrisy at its finest!
It's the other way around, don't you think? Take for example lowriders,creased khakis,pendletons,white t-shirts,biscuits just to name a few.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by femun » September 12th, 2008, 10:33 pm

VALERO wrote:Another thing, Surenos have no right to call out other groups for copying when a lot of their culture came from Tejanos who migrated from El Paso to Cali. A lot of the cholo culture originated in El Paso and was transported to L.A. when Tejanos started to move to Los Angeles back in the day.
Pachuco culture came from Texas more specifically "calo". Cholo culture,style,dress and so forth is 100% L.A./so.cal so get you facts sraight.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by femun » September 12th, 2008, 10:35 pm

VALERO wrote:And if you don't like hearing Mexicans saying the word nigga, don't move down here to Texas. Tejanos all over the state been using that word for a long time, and there's no controversy about it like in Cali.
You just proved my point that chicanos outside of southern Cali are a bunch of backward ass lames.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » September 12th, 2008, 11:48 pm

femun wrote:
VALERO wrote:And if you don't like hearing Mexicans saying the word nigga, don't move down here to Texas. Tejanos all over the state been using that word for a long time, and there's no controversy about it like in Cali.
You just proved my point that chicanos outside of southern Cali are a bunch of backward ass lames.
Okay Mr. Raza, you might wanna look back and check some of the stuff and words you used starting with this >>> bunch of backward ass lames <<< Not Black influenced, huh?

VALERO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by VALERO » September 13th, 2008, 12:42 am

femun wrote:
VALERO wrote: Surenos are just as likely as Nortenos, if not more, to be influenced by black culture. Hypocrisy at its finest!
It's the other way around, don't you think? Take for example lowriders,creased khakis,pendletons,white t-shirts,biscuits just to name a few.
It's not the other way around because Surenos have been influenced by black culture also. The slang they use, rapping, getting the idea of wearing zoot suits from black hustlers and jazz musicians in places like the east coast, the love for old school black R&B doo-wop and oldies music, etc. Blacks have influenced Southern Cali Latinos more than Southern Cali Latinos have influenced blacks in Southern Cali. Southern Cali Latinos are more likely to use black slang than blacks are to use Cholo slang. Mexicans in L.A. are more likely to use words and phrases like "stacking money," "hustling," "grinding," referring to a woman as a "ho," "being down for the block," than a black person in L.A. is to use words like "carnal" or "ese." We see plenty of Mexican guys refer to Mexican chicks as "tricks" and "hoes," but I bet you hardly ever hear a black guy in L.A. refer to a black woman as a "ruca," "hyna," or "mija."

Of course S. Cali blacks have been influenced by Latino culture (like lowrding), but Southern Cali Mexicans have been influenced by blacks. Tell me, Mr. Femun, what type of music were those cholos bumping in their lowriders? That's right, that black shit! Back in the day bumping those black oldies doo-wop and R&B songs. Fast forward to the 80s and 90s and the younger generation of Mexicans, cholos, Surenos, etc. is banging Tupac, Snoop, Ice Cube, NWA, long before they ever listened to Sureno rappers like Conejo, Mr. Criminal, and Yogi. You can't deny that!

Those old-school Chicanos looked real smooth in their zoot suits, a style that blacks had popularized at least 10 years, maybe 20 years before on the east coast in places like Harlem. Now we see these young Surenos in jerseys, looking like they bought some shit from FUBU. Oh yeah, now they got their heads shaved too, something that both blacks AND whites had been doing for years-we all know the stereotype of the big, bad, bald black man was established a long time before the stereotype of the bad, bald L.A. Sureno gangster. L.A. Mexicans were copying blacks before L.A. blacks were influenced by Mexican culture.

And the point of all Latinos outside of Southern Cali being lames doesn't fly since many Southern Cali Latinos have copied and been influenced by black culture. I guess a Texas Mexican saying nigga is as lame as Southern Cali Latino rappers using Zapp beats over and over in their rap songs, especially considering Zapp comes from Dayton, Ohio, a city that is primarily black and white with hardly any Latinos. I guess it's lame for Southern Cali Mexicans to use black slang amongst each other and in their rap songs, so that makes Southern Cali Mexicans pretty lame too, according to your standards. I guess it's also lame for Sureno rappers to use beats from black rappers instead of being original and creating their own beats.

So, since you obviously consider Tejanos lame, doesn't that also make Southern Cali Mexicans lame since some of them are descended from these Tejanos and Southern Cali Mexicans were influenced by these Tejano pachucos? Also, didn't lowriding originally start in El Paso before it hit the streets of East L.A.? I could be wrong but I think I heard that somewhere.

HIGHINSP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HIGHINSP » September 13th, 2008, 3:59 pm

VALERO wrote:
femun wrote:
It's not the other way around because Surenos have been influenced by black culture also. The slang they use, rapping, getting the idea of wearing zoot suits from black hustlers and jazz musicians in places like the east coast, the love for old school black R&B doo-wop and oldies music, etc. Blacks have influenced Southern Cali Latinos more than Southern Cali Latinos have influenced blacks in Southern Cali. Southern Cali Latinos are more likely to use black slang than blacks are to use Cholo slang. Mexicans in L.A. are more likely to use words and phrases like "stacking money," "hustling," "grinding," referring to a woman as a "ho," "being down for the block," than a black person in L.A. is to use words like "carnal" or "ese." We see plenty of Mexican guys refer to Mexican chicks as "tricks" and "hoes," but I bet you hardly ever hear a black guy in L.A. refer to a black woman as a "ruca," "hyna," or "mija."

Of course S. Cali blacks have been influenced by Latino culture (like lowrding), but Southern Cali Mexicans have been influenced by blacks. Tell me, Mr. Femun, what type of music were those cholos bumping in their lowriders? That's right, that black shit! Back in the day bumping those black oldies doo-wop and R&B songs. Fast forward to the 80s and 90s and the younger generation of Mexicans, cholos, Surenos, etc. is banging Tupac, Snoop, Ice Cube, NWA, long before they ever listened to Sureno rappers like Conejo, Mr. Criminal, and Yogi. You can't deny that!

Those old-school Chicanos looked real smooth in their zoot suits, a style that blacks had popularized at least 10 years, maybe 20 years before on the east coast in places like Harlem. Now we see these young Surenos in jerseys, looking like they bought some shit from FUBU. Oh yeah, now they got their heads shaved too, something that both blacks AND whites had been doing for years-we all know the stereotype of the big, bad, bald black man was established a long time before the stereotype of the bad, bald L.A. Sureno gangster. L.A. Mexicans were copying blacks before L.A. blacks were influenced by Mexican culture.

And the point of all Latinos outside of Southern Cali being lames doesn't fly since many Southern Cali Latinos have copied and been influenced by black culture. I guess a Texas Mexican saying nigga is as lame as Southern Cali Latino rappers using Zapp beats over and over in their rap songs, especially considering Zapp comes from Dayton, Ohio, a city that is primarily black and white with hardly any Latinos. I guess it's lame for Southern Cali Mexicans to use black slang amongst each other and in their rap songs, so that makes Southern Cali Mexicans pretty lame too, according to your standards. I guess it's also lame for Sureno rappers to use beats from black rappers instead of being original and creating their own beats.

So, since you obviously consider Tejanos lame, doesn't that also make Southern Cali Mexicans lame since some of them are descended from these Tejanos and Southern Cali Mexicans were influenced by these Tejano pachucos? Also, didn't lowriding originally start in El Paso before it hit the streets of East L.A.? I could be wrong but I think I heard that somewhere.
I think im a bit more on your level when it comes to this conversation...Both Surenos and blacks have intertwined each other cultures and claim them as their own...the music point you make is pretty weak...considering music is a form of entertainment meant for everybody who speaks the english language...in order to be successful you have to cross over to all races...so the point you make has nothing to do with a races culture...and everything to do with pop-culture...also many Sureno gangs didnt bump alot of rap or old school...we listened to alot of spanish music..chalino, ramon ayala, los cadetes etc...which has nothing to do with blacks at all...this is the music we grew up listening to as children...while mom cleaned the house...the music of our childhood family parties...also alot of the oldies we listened to came from other latino races and even some chicanos...ralphie pagan joe battan the midnighters...so to say we didnt have our own scene is a very closed minded thing to say...as for listning to black rap before chicano rap...duh...there was no chicano rap before 89-90...while blacks have been raping since the early 80's late 70's...besides east coast rap like sugar hill gang the only rap we bumped before our own race started rapping was NWA...who turned of alot off alot of mexican gangsters with their raciest views towards mexicans...what about Spanish Fly from the harbor area,Kid Frost from East Los, even pop chicanos like a lighter shade of brown...these were getting way more play in the varrio when blacks were still listening to black gangster rap from compton south central...we were bumping mexican power by proper dos...who by the way even disrespect black gangster rap..."Im an E-S-E before a G"...just to keep it real rap IS black music...but the chicano twist to rap is far from black music...thats all us...just like elvis stole rock n roll...as for talking black...and blacks not talking mexican...then where did the word LOC come from???short for loco maybe...why are there crips named diablo chico or other spanish names???maybe because names like baby foot powder, big fase, skull, preacher sound kindda corny???why are blacks getting ese style tatoos???and not the stupid cartoonish tats with basic block writing anymore???so to say its a one way street is just wrong...now on to the style of dress...bald heads being a black thing...nope jerri curls and braids are black gangster...bald heads was a style worn by everyone...untill the early 90's when allmost all ese's had bald heads...while blacks were getting fades...so you could have made a better point with fades then bald heads but nice try...jerseys are black too...so i guess all the old cats from 18 st who rocked ghetto ass old jerseys just because of the # 18 being on the jersey wanted to look black...not to rep their gang...when blacks were rocking troop shoes and sagging tight ass levis...the ese's were sporting chucks and dickies with beenies and penaltens...now blacks make songs about shit and people believe the music as fact...sounds good to someone who sucks up internet information as truth...but not to me...no to the whole point of this entire topic...nortenos talking black...they do...and dont try to hide it...they also sag and rock alot of bright ass colors...nortenos been riding on blacks coat tails in the pen for over 20 years...so they take this black culture back to the streets where youngsters look up to them and adopt the style...there are some old nortenos that still aint down with acting like a "mayate"...in the smaller towns like gilroy, porterville...but for the most part if you live up north you;re more likely to act dress and talk black...as for everyone else being lames and surenos being unique...that aint true at all...we're different and act talk dress and bang on a whole different level then any other state...northern california may as well be a whole different state...the 415 blacks dont lke la blacks...no.cal woods and so. cal woods beef...and of course sur/ norte been going on forever...different strokes for different folks...so dont get offended when people dislike nortenos for their "black" ways...because for the most part its true...while we take a few aspects of black culture and tweek them to our liking and put our own twist on it...and blacks down here do the same shit...high

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » September 13th, 2008, 7:59 pm

Most of what you said up until now was on point until you threw out your opinion on most Nortenos acting Black and on the other hand Surenos are just putting their own twist on a few aspects of Black culture.

Again, Nortenos from different areas got varying demeanors and style (check the youtube video posted on the thread and see) and for the most part.. SF, Oakland, Hayward, Richmond and parts of Sacramento are more Black influenced then the valley towns, why? because there's a lot of Blacks there and from what I understand South LA is no different then most the Bay Area Nortenos as it pertains to Black influence. if you're speaking with regards to Surenos from before the mid 90's then I understand your point and same can be said about most Nortenos from those times, but don't kid yourself, most these Surenos nowadays are way most Black influence then Blacks are from them. now, take most these Nortenos out of the cities I mentioned above out of the equation and there's not too much difference in style and talk from an avg Sureno. as far as some old Nortenos not being down with youngsters acting Black? wrong, try most not being down with that.

"nortenos been riding on blacks coat tails in the pen for over 20 years" <<< please explain this because this is news to me and you can squash that SoCal vs NorCal beef, you're looking through prison shade glasses and most of the problems outside of the pen was from the Mongols and the Hells Angels or some other knuckleheads running their mouths. people outside the politics shouldn't get wrap into that mess or mentally.

As an outsider looking in, you can disregard your opinion on Nortenos, here in San Jose Nortenos from the mid 90's and before didn't play that number. nowadays things are changing but there are youngsters still schooled in tradition and also in the Central Valley and Coast has got a lot of youngsters that don't play that either, but of course, a small degree of Rap influence is even within these youngsters.

Furthermore, Black G's being influenced by Chicano style in LA is way down from the 80's to those early/mid 90's, other then the new tattoo influence and a few fading things of the past. now, with regards to the bald heads, you don't think Tupac had some influence on some Surenos on that?

As for the music part, if there wasn't no Jazz musicians, there would be any Pachucos so I think music does come into play...

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » September 13th, 2008, 10:12 pm

~J~ wrote:As for the music part, if there wasn't no Jazz musicians, there would be any Pachucos so I think music does come into play...
Correction: As for the music part, if it wasn't for the Jazz Musicians, there wouldn't be any Pachucos, so I think music does come into play.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » September 14th, 2008, 10:42 am

~J~ wrote:Most of what you said up until now was on point until you threw out your opinion on most Nortenos acting Black and on the other hand Surenos are just putting their own twist on a few aspects of Black culture.

Again, Nortenos from different areas got varying demeanors and style (check the youtube video posted on the thread and see) and for the most part.. SF, Oakland, Hayward, Richmond and parts of Sacramento are more Black influenced then the valley towns, why? because there's a lot of Blacks there and from what I understand South LA is no different then most the Bay Area Nortenos as it pertains to Black influence. if you're speaking with regards to Surenos from before the mid 90's then I understand your point and same can be said about most Nortenos from those times, but don't kid yourself, most these Surenos nowadays are way most Black influence then Blacks are from them. now, take most these Nortenos out of the cities I mentioned above out of the equation and there's not too much difference in style and talk from an avg Sureno. as far as some old Nortenos not being down with youngsters acting Black? wrong, try most not being down with that.

"nortenos been riding on blacks coat tails in the pen for over 20 years" <<< please explain this because this is news to me and you can squash that SoCal vs NorCal beef, you're looking through prison shade glasses and most of the problems outside of the pen was from the Mongols and the Hells Angels or some other knuckleheads running their mouths. people outside the politics shouldn't get wrap into that mess or mentally.

As an outsider looking in, you can disregard your opinion on Nortenos, here in San Jose Nortenos from the mid 90's and before didn't play that number. nowadays things are changing but there are youngsters still schooled in tradition and also in the Central Valley and Coast has got a lot of youngsters that don't play that either, but of course, a small degree of Rap influence is even within these youngsters.

Furthermore, Black G's being influenced by Chicano style in LA is way down from the 80's to those early/mid 90's, other then the new tattoo influence and a few fading things of the past. now, with regards to the bald heads, you don't think Tupac had some influence on some Surenos on that?

As for the music part, if there wasn't no Jazz musicians, there would be any Pachucos so I think music does come into play...
He also made it sound like the pen influenced a lot of why some Nortenos acting black.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » September 14th, 2008, 2:44 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:He also made it sound like the pen influenced a lot of why some Nortenos acting black.
If you read between the lines, basically he saying that most Nortenos (ones that been in the pen at that) are a bunch of Black influenced Busters with no culture and you and I know damn well that's far from the whole truth. we know Cholo culture thrives in LA but Northerners do there thing too.

To whom it may concern, this song from some Nortenos de Santa Clara, the song is untouched in originally and carnalismo by any Sureno rap song I've heard to date (No disrespect intended by the song, it's to prove a point) enjoy.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by femun » September 14th, 2008, 9:11 pm

~J~ wrote:
femun wrote:
Okay Mr. Raza, you might wanna look back and check some of the stuff and words you used starting with this >>> bunch of backward ass lames <<< Not Black influenced, huh?
I have no idea on what point if any you were trying to make but good try none the less.