Anyone heard of this guy?

There are many that believe California's Prison Rehabilitation System and other systems around the world have more sinister purpose outside of incarceration. Discuss prison topics here in California, throughout the United States and Internationally.
PolakoMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Anyone heard of this guy?

Unread post by PolakoMafia » December 30th, 2008, 4:59 am

"Just weeks before, James “Boots” Tigar — a 31-year-old convicted murderer, white supremacist and peacekeeper — allegedly ordered a subordinate to stab a fellow inmate at the high-security prison at Sacramento, according to reports obtained by the AP.

The assailant, Wade Arthur Shiflett, hesitated when a guard fired a warning shot, but renewed his attack after Tigar shouted, “Hit him again,” according to prison documents obtained by the AP. This time, the guard shot Shiflett dead.

Tigar, who has a swastika tattooed on his chin, then ordered another inmate to kill the guard, Sam Bess, as the officer descended from a guard tower, according to the documents.

“I want you to mop him,” Tigar told the prisoner, an inmate witness told investigators according to confidential prison reports.

The prisoner refused — so Tigar allegedly ordered him assaulted as well. That inmate was later granted protective custody and Tigar was eventually moved to Pelican Bay State Prison after audio surveillance of his cell discovered he was planning more retaliation.

Tigar was familiar to guards as the elected chairman of a group that serves as a liaison between inmates and management, a position that afforded him broad access throughout the prison.

According to the confidential prison reports, Tigar led the Men’s Advisory Council Executive Body even though he was accused more than 40 times of ordering and carrying out assaults, selling drugs, ferrying weapons or fomenting race riots, among other things.

Warden Scott Kernan said in a prison interview that he was aware of Tigar’s “influence over other inmates,” but that reports implicating him weren’t adequately confirmed and that inmates often have that many reports of wrongdoing.

Still, Kernan took “full responsibility for not locking him up.”

In April — five months after the Nov. 30, 2004, killing — Kernan warned staff against using inmate intermediaries unless specifically authorized.

'Inmates will not be used to walk the tiers and communicate staff expectations to other inmates,” he wrote. “Inmates are using, or could use, this unauthorized access to move weapons and other contraband, involve themselves in assaults on inmates or staff, and jeopardize the security of the prison.'"
http://www.smdailyjournal.com/article_p ... p?id=53798

PolakoMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Anyone heard of this guy?

Unread post by PolakoMafia » December 30th, 2008, 5:01 am

"In the previous five years, inmates and officers had accused him more than 40 times of being involved in illegal activities, the prison documents show. Even so, Tigar was allowed to lead a group that served as a liaison between inmates and management, which gave him expanded access through the prison.

Among the allegations against Tigar logged in reports based on inmate or officer accounts that the AP obtained:

_ “(Tigar) makes and provides weapons to the whites. If you get a weapon from him and ... not use it you will be stabbed.”

_ “I watched (Tigar) stab the white guy at the white’s table.”

_ “(Tigar) is the leader of the skin head prison disruptive group at (the Sacramento prison) and is responsible for ordering other white inmates ... to carry out assaults on other inmates.”

_ “He is well known for having drugs if you need them.”

According to prison documents, Warden Scott Kernan was warned days before the 2004 shooting that Tigar allegedly had ordered at least four assaults on inmates. Kernan said in an interview that he knew of Tigar’s influence.

Kernan also defended his decision not to segregate Tigar from other inmates.

“I could be second-guessed on any decision I make,” Kernan said.

He said the reports implicating Tigar weren’t reliable enough and that many inmates have that many reports of wrongdoing.

“I have 2,000 Tigars,” Kernan said.

Still, he took “full responsibility for not locking (Tigar) up” and later ordered his staff to restrict the use of inmate intermediaries because the practice could erode prison security.

Tigar was moved to Pelican Bay State Prison after the shooting. "
http://www.sacunion.com/pages/sacramento/print/7558/

necron
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: London

Unread post by necron » December 31st, 2008, 12:39 pm

I'm gonna order a hit on this cracker. How about that?

PolakoMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PolakoMafia » December 31st, 2008, 2:39 pm

cool, let me know how it turns out.