From Niggas to Gods

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

From Niggas to Gods

Unread post by purplecityhello » December 26th, 2005, 12:31 pm

Written by the God Akil there are two volumes, i guarantee anyone who reads these will have a different outlook on life around them

you can find them on amazon but i suggest you goto www.africanbookstore.com

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Re: From Niggas to Gods

Unread post by 'X' » December 26th, 2005, 1:25 pm

purplecityhello wrote:Written by the God Akil there are two volumes, i guarantee anyone who reads these will have a different outlook on life around them

Yes sir brutha, I got part 1 a couple of years ago, and I skimmed through part 2, but I definatly plan on finishing part 2....I liked how he saved the most important for the end of Part 1, I think you know what I mean.. :wink:

Come on though brutha, you saying on this site they will have a different outlook on life around them if they read it? I thought by now you would know it's numerous of people in denial of the truth on here. Matter of fact I posted a chapter out of this book on here a long, long time ago and you should of seen how the truth was irking some of these dudes here. I even recieved hate mail through pm( :roll: )... but you know after thinking one way for so long for some people, it becomes just about impossible for them to accept truth, because it would contradict or wipe out damn near all of them "traditions" they grew up on and believing. So for some it's easier for them to accept and believe on how they were raised instead of questioning what they think they know and discovering and accepting the truth for themselves.

Props though brutha for your post....

Peace

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Unread post by black » January 6th, 2006, 8:21 am

yep that was a good book i read that shit like in 97-98.....

i be tryin to hip mofos to it but they don't be listening....

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » January 6th, 2006, 2:07 pm

johnnyblac wrote: i be tryin to hip mofos to it but they don't be listening....

Same here...