Any of You cats Watch the "Wire"

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
terren2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Any of You cats Watch the "Wire"

Unread post by terren2000 » September 16th, 2006, 6:44 pm

if not, i recommend that you all watch it on HBO. this series is only 2nd to "The Soprano."

Good actors, and the stories continue to expand. but if its you 1st, id advise you to buy or rent the 1st few seasons, so you can no what the hell is going on.

The show is off the hook though.

Favorite Characters.

Stringer: Hes smart as hell, but dont be fooland probably the worse of Avon's crew.
Omar: hes a gay dude, who robs drug dealers. He a rider though.
Mcnulty: Cop, 1 of the only good guys i do like.
Kima: Shes a lesbian, nuff said.
Bodie: Dude played in "Oz"
Cheeze: Method man
Hurk: White boy crazy, always talking about the Ashley twins, he funny though.

Check it out though, youll be hook off one episode.

DeaD-SouL
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DeaD-SouL » September 16th, 2006, 7:37 pm

i loveeeeeee the hbo series Oz, The Sopranos and im gonna check out The Wire real soon.

DeaD-SouL
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DeaD-SouL » September 17th, 2006, 6:58 am

im downloading the first season and im gonna watch that shit later

Doomsday

Unread post by Doomsday » September 20th, 2006, 7:20 pm

"Cats' post here? :roll:

-------------
The Brawl-Hall
Don't hate us because we're mean, hate us because we're better than you.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » September 20th, 2006, 8:25 pm

Doomsday wrote:"Cats' post here? :roll:

-------------
The Brawl-Hall
Don't hate us because we're mean, hate us because we're better than you.
Get a life white boy.

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » September 20th, 2006, 10:08 pm

The Wire better than the Sopranos the last couple of seasons

COLONIAVARRIOKC

Unread post by COLONIAVARRIOKC » October 12th, 2006, 7:54 pm

never liked the sopranos

wire is real as shit, intricate details of slangin...most tv shows have the dealer talkin like "heres 5 pounds of crack" on his cell phone and shit.

its a smart show.

Bodie is my favorite character, says funny shit, is a GEE! survived out barksdale,deangelo,pooh,his other homie they shot,Stringer, all of em...

McNaulty is a fool, fuckin all those hos and shit.

terren2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by terren2000 » October 14th, 2006, 1:18 am

COLONIAVARRIOKC wrote:never liked the sopranos

wire is real as shit, intricate details of slangin...most tv shows have the dealer talkin like "heres 5 pounds of crack" on his cell phone and shit.

its a smart show.

Bodie is my favorite character, says funny shit, is a GEE! survived out barksdale,deangelo,pooh,his other homie they shot,Stringer, all of em...

McNaulty is a fool, fuckin all those hos and shit.
Yea, Bodie is funny as hell, hes the collest nigga on the show. Type a nigga you wouldnt mine being down with.

he go how the crew down this episode. the other cats on barksdale crew aint even doin much.

At least Bodie still stayin true, but he aint go many real soldiers on his squad.

Mcnaughlty is my boy, him and the black cop, the big one, them fools be tryin to pick up females at the bar. they be havin me rollin when they conversating on different issues.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » November 5th, 2006, 9:12 pm

seems as though the older hustlas is getting on marlow for killin most of the niggahs who came down from n.y & dumping they bodies in abandoned rowhouses saying it would look to obvious if they just vanishes like that...& i dont understand why the corner boys is letting the knock-o's know inside they drug organizations....shxt was wild though how the nappy head dude who worked under marlow & the girl snoop was going around killin dudes who couldnt identify theyself as being from bmore...also foul how they tryna take omar off the streets for good

dopekid127
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dopekid127 » November 6th, 2006, 10:18 am

wire is pretty dope..first episode isaw was when that dude omar stuck a knife in someones ass...i juss copped the first season so im about to back track on all the episodes

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » November 6th, 2006, 11:46 am

[quote="dopekid127"]wire is pretty dope..first episode isaw was when that dude omar stuck a knife in someones ass...i juss copped the first season so im about to back track on all the episodes[/quote]

yeah omar is a thorough gay niggah(literally)

Aquafresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Oak Cliff

Unread post by Aquafresh » November 6th, 2006, 12:12 pm

That Nicca Omar is gettin' a little scared now that he's locked up with' a bunch of dudes that he has robbed :lol:

That reminds me, I need to check out "On Demand: HBO Series" today, so I can see the most current episode. I ain't finna' stay up on Sunday's to see thie shit!
:roll:

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » November 6th, 2006, 1:10 pm

[quote="Aquafresh"][b][color=darkblue]That Nicca Omar is gettin' a little scared now that he's locked up with' a bunch of dudes that he has robbed :lol:

That reminds me, I need to check out "On Demand: HBO Series" today, so I can see the most current episode. I ain't finna' stay up on Sunday's to see thie shit! [/color] :roll: [/b][/quote]

lol hell yeah@omar looking alil shooked up...niggah robbed half of the city so most of them dudes gonna try to get at him..i think he gets out on the next episode though..im surprised he didnt kill marlow when he was robbin him & the shotcallin hustlas at the table before he got locked up

Aquafresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Aquafresh » November 7th, 2006, 10:41 am

Yeah, this Sundays episode, Omar is to be released & of course, he will start to go after Marlow; but, I don't think it's Marlow's "time" to get murked. At least, not yet.....

I want that Nicca AvonImage to get out. He must have got life (i.e. left/no longer on the show). They steady go back & forth with that Nicca Wee-BayImage, though. He a trip. He acts like the life sentence ain't shit.

This Bitch right here creeps me out:

:lol:

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » November 7th, 2006, 12:05 pm

[quote="Aquafresh"][b][color=darkblue]Yeah, this Sundays episode, Omar is to be released & of course, he will start to go after Marlow; but, I don't think it's Marlow's "time" to get murked. At least, not yet.....

I want that Nicca Avon[img]http://www.hbo.com/thewire/img/90x94/ch ... ksdale.jpg[/img] to get out. He must have got life (i.e. left/no longer on the show). They steady go back & forth with that Nicca Wee-Bay[img]http://www.hbo.com/thewire/img/90x94/ch ... weebey.jpg[/img], though. He a trip. He acts like the life sentence ain't shit.

[img]http://www.hbo.com/thewire/img/90x94/ch ... /snoop.jpg[/img][/color][/b] :lol:[/quote]

thats the broad snoop...she rides out whenever its a job that needs to be done...wee-bay be in the cut...his son is the lil ponytail wearing niggah...its wild how his mother be forcing him to sling & pick up the corners that wee-bay left before he got locked up...most mothers want they kids to graduate college..be a lawyer or something...she expects him to make a certain income a day slingin

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » November 7th, 2006, 1:07 pm

Qdawg wrote:
Aquafresh wrote:Yeah, this Sundays episode, Omar is to be released & of course, he will start to go after Marlow; but, I don't think it's Marlow's "time" to get murked. At least, not yet.....

I want that Nicca AvonImage to get out. He must have got life (i.e. left/no longer on the show). They steady go back & forth with that Nicca Wee-BayImage, though. He a trip. He acts like the life sentence ain't shit.

thats the broad snoop...she rides out whenever its a job that needs to be done...wee-bay be in the cut...his son is the lil ponytail wearing niggah...its wild how his mother be forcing him to sling & pick up the corners that wee-bay left before he got locked up...most mothers want they kids to graduate college..be a lawyer or something...she expects him to make a certain income a day slingin
Yeah haha

zip3ace
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by zip3ace » November 7th, 2006, 6:01 pm

Aquafresh wrote:Yeah, this Sundays episode, Omar is to be released & of course, he will start to go after Marlow; but, I don't think it's Marlow's "time" to get murked. At least, not yet.....

Actually he's gonna watch Marlo. He doesnt even know what Marlo looks like. He's gonna go after Prop Joe instead. Kuz Prop Joe used him to rob Marlo just like Stringer used him to go after Brother Mouzzone.

ablackmanlookin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ablackmanlookin » November 8th, 2006, 11:03 am

I watch this when I get a chance a pretty good series but havent really got a good feel of it and the characters.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » November 12th, 2006, 11:29 pm

this last episode kinda breezed by fast...looks like omar is watching marlos every move which i expected..& the young kid is gonna holla at cris & snoop to murder his pops which is messed up

niro
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by niro » November 13th, 2006, 8:05 am

i've seen 7 eps of season1, i gotta download cos that ish dnt show over here on TV. And it gon be hard to download after season1 cos i gotta get it off torrents and that gon b slow as hell cos only few seeders and leachers

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » November 29th, 2006, 1:38 am

lil man who was ratting is bringin marlow's operation down....fat p is a snake as well

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 29th, 2006, 2:18 am

only thing I dont like about the wire is the niggas gotta be faggots and shit...but there you go with white writers and shit, they like that fruity shit, it adds depth to a charater supposedly.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » November 29th, 2006, 2:27 pm

wachu mean gatta be faggots ..u mean that nigga Omar

but yea its the only series i ever kept up with on Tv since the day i stoped watchin tom n jerry....that shit hella dope
wat i cant understand tho is why niggaz ain strapped all the time...its like snoop and chriss never get shot at like they gods or somthin ...if i did somethin to marlow id have my ass strapped 24/7 n id buy a vest fo sho

the funniest is that bumb getin robbed everyday

Aquafresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Aquafresh » November 29th, 2006, 2:57 pm

Qdawg wrote:....the young kid [Mike] is gonna holla at cris & snoop to murder his pops which is messed up
That Nicca molested him, so hell yeah he gon' plot his murkin'!! He wouldn't his "biological" pops no way.

Mike comin' into his own, though. Out of the four youngsta's. I ONLY like Mike & Dukies' character's. The other is a snitch(Randy) & the last one got no heart(Namond)!!

I fuccin' hate Namond. :x Coward ass Nicca!!:roll: I got "On Demand" access, so I see all the episodes a week in advance. Ya'll probably ain't seen the episode I'm referring to. I feel like being an asshole, so I'll ruin the shit for ya'll:

Mike goes into soulja trainning & starts hanging out with' Marlo's "hit men." He moves out, helps Dukie out 'cause the Nicca gets evicted, helps Namond out 'cause that lil' Nicca (who Namond calls his "lieutenant") steals a "package" from him. Finally he beats the' shit out of Namond for trying to pick on Dukie, 'cause he knows Namond ain't got no heart.

Randy's house gets "cocktailed" 'cause Nicca's on the street feel like he's a snitch. His foster mom get's burnt the' fucc up!! While he is in "protective custody," a cop patrol watchs his house, so some street Nicca's prank call the hoe-lice, which causes the "gaurds" to leave, & then the Nicca's "bomb" his crib.

Cutty (the dude who runs the boxing gym) gets shot in the leg for being too brave. After Mike whoops Namonds ass in the gym, Mike storms out & Cutty tells him to not come back. The Cutty feels guily, goes out looking for Mike on the streetz, finds him, trys to get Mike to "get off the streetz," one of Mike's "peers" tells Cutty to step off, Cutty says a respectful yet smart alike remark, & get's his ass shot for it.

Omar finally does something other than that boring ass "spy" shit. He finds out about a big shipment that Prop' Joe is gettin' in for the Co-Op (which now involves Marlo). He get's some Ese homies of his boyfriend & that chick that always helped him out in the past, & rob's the ENTIRE shipment.

The "Major Crimes" division is re-instated & they get the okay to start investigating the "vaccants," which we know got all them bodies stashed away.

The rest was just politics & "filling."

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » November 29th, 2006, 3:47 pm

i got comcast so i can get that hbo on demand & check out the next episode early as well i havent done it yet but imma check it out when i get some time to kick back being as though its 2 more episodes left....namand is a clown sure nuff...randy is a rat..the kid mike that wasnt his pops but that was his lil brothers pops..i dont think he molested them i think he lied to chris so chris would look out for him(i did miss some episodes so maybe he did)...chris demolished homeboy though..speaking of mike namand clown azz is serving mikes moms

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 29th, 2006, 4:04 pm

Mcminister wrote:wachu mean gatta be faggots ..u mean that nigga Omar

but yea its the only series i ever kept up with on Tv since the day i stoped watchin tom n jerry....that shit hella dope
wat i cant understand tho is why niggaz ain strapped all the time...its like snoop and chriss never get shot at like they gods or somthin ...if i did somethin to marlow id have my ass strapped 24/7 n id buy a vest fo sho

the funniest is that bumb getin robbed everyday
yeah and the bitch kima or whatever.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » November 29th, 2006, 4:07 pm

they should make 1 more season after this...some heads told me its gonna be 1 more season others said this is the last..i didnt think it would be the wire for the juveniles until i seen the filming crew..so maybe it might be 1 more

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » November 29th, 2006, 7:02 pm

I saw some commercials on BET about the Wire, they said it was gonna start airing episodes, Ill try and check it out

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » November 29th, 2006, 7:03 pm

Aint never heard of that shit in my life nigga no way.

zip3ace
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by zip3ace » November 29th, 2006, 7:06 pm

Qdawg wrote:they should make 1 more season after this...some heads told me its gonna be 1 more season others said this is the last..i didnt think it would be the wire for the juveniles until i seen the filming crew..so maybe it might be 1 more
i heard there's gonna be one more. it wont be on till 2008 though.