GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » March 7th, 2006, 12:30 am

useless_person wrote:Not alot of GOOD updates on the GTA series lately....
Yeah that Game they released for psp Liberty city stories should be comign to the ps2 around May/June.

G.L.J
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by G.L.J » March 7th, 2006, 2:48 pm

I heard that liberty stoys aint so good as it's made out to be

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » March 7th, 2006, 3:08 pm

Liberty City stories is going to be the same as GTA 3 but only with a few slight changes. Extended map, modifications on cars, new weapons etc.

But no ability to swim. Damn I hate that. Its a newer game and there is no way that you could swim. Its a waste of money. Dont bother...

SkoobyDoo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SkoobyDoo » March 7th, 2006, 3:38 pm

I still wanna play Liberty City Stories...even if it's not as good as the rest.

I'm a fan of the GTA series. But I don't have a PSP, can't afford it right now.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » March 7th, 2006, 5:16 pm

useless_person wrote:Liberty City stories is going to be the same as GTA 3 but only with a few slight changes. Extended map, modifications on cars, new weapons etc.

But no ability to swim. Damn I hate that. Its a newer game and there is no way that you could swim. Its a waste of money. Dont bother...
You forgot the whole differtent storyline...

BlueCadillaC167
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BlueCadillaC167 » March 9th, 2006, 3:52 pm

Yo past how u know Liberty City Stories coming out for the PS2

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » March 9th, 2006, 4:25 pm

BlueCadillaC167 wrote:Yo past how u know Liberty City Stories coming out for the PS2
Get with the program.

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » March 9th, 2006, 4:35 pm

Past wrote:
useless_person wrote:Liberty City stories is going to be the same as GTA 3 but only with a few slight changes. Extended map, modifications on cars, new weapons etc.

You forgot the whole differtent storyline...
Who cares about a new storyline when there is no new features. Even worse, old ones came back and replaced new ones.

To me, I dont care about the charachter I play, I just care about what he can do.

I dont care about personality that much, and it doesnt effect anything to make the game different.

All I know is that I control the charachter and it makes no differance from previous ones to this one.

I don't want to do those childlike missions, they dont feel enough intense.

Meaning that, they have nice objectives and a good written script, but the feel is always childishly intense.

New features plus new storyline and abilities make for a new and improved better GTA.

Having features being taken away and put in a new storyline gives back the GTA 3 feel, just with new accessories to it.

New weapons. New cars. New graphics.

Old city. Old abilites. Old crap.

It makes the game comparable to the Quake engine being put into Half Life with new tweaks, lines of code and slightly imporved graphics.

It gives the feel of inbetween GTA worlds, such as the GTA VC feel in between GTASA features, and makes the game old news even though its new material.

Liberty City Stories for PS2 is not worth the wait nor the money.

Its GTA3 with an upgrade in everything, but a small one to fit the old feel.

Thats all...

BlueCadillaC167
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BlueCadillaC167 » March 9th, 2006, 5:09 pm

Yo what u mean Get with the program

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » March 9th, 2006, 5:30 pm

BlueCadillaC167 wrote:Yo what u mean Get with the program
What I mean is start listening to the news, and search for something that you have been looking for. :shock:

I know you won't find it, but you will have at least had to try. :roll:

So two thumbs up for that. :D

Arsenal

Unread post by Arsenal » April 7th, 2006, 6:27 am

YOU KNOW WHEN RYDER IS IN THE KITCHEN COOKING UP THAT SHIT IN THE POT AND TENPENNY WALKS IN, WHAT IS HE COOKIN UP? AND WHAT IS SHERM?

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » April 7th, 2006, 6:12 pm

There you are Arsenal. Thought I'd find you playing. Throw the video games away, flush the pot down the toilet, and get to the GYM! Stop taking the easy way through life and start change your life for the better. Put in the work.

Arsenal

Unread post by Arsenal » April 7th, 2006, 11:00 pm

BUT I WANT TO KNOW WHAT SHERM IS !

SkoobyDoo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SkoobyDoo » April 8th, 2006, 7:16 am

Arsenal wrote:BUT I WANT TO KNOW WHAT SHERM IS !
Crack-Cocaine...drugs.

chupon106
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: Mission TX

Unread post by chupon106 » April 8th, 2006, 7:27 am

what? sherm is pcp

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 8th, 2006, 12:39 pm

chupon106 wrote:what? sherm is pcp
^Yup

Don Ct

Unread post by Don Ct » April 14th, 2006, 4:20 am

hey did you know that:

Grove Street Families - Bloods
Ballas - Crips
Los Santos Vagos - Surenos
Aztecas - Nortenos

Trip'n_Loc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Trip'n_Loc » April 14th, 2006, 9:34 pm

the Families - Tree Top Piru or Bounty Hunters or I think Lime Street Piru?

Ballas - Grape Street Watts Crip$

Vagos - Surenos

Aztecas - Nortenos

Rifas - don't kno'

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » April 15th, 2006, 12:14 pm

Here is my theory:

Ballas - Crips
Vagos - 18th Street
Aztecas - Compton Varrios
Mafia - Italian-American Mafia
Rifas - Nortenos
Triads - Triads
the Nang Boys - Viet Boyz

Why Grove Street - Bloods:

Bloods have weakened over the past decade because of the Crips rising in power and getting more members into the gang, making numerous connections and allies, taking over large amounts of territory, thus giving them the abilty to overconquer the Bloods, just like Ballas in San Andreas,
and Grove Street is weak in most of the game, until the end, you take over all territories and make them big again! But if this was in Chicago, I would call these guys equal to Black P Stones, because they both have green as a gang colour...

Why Ballas - Crips:

The Ballas have dark, bluish type colors, such as purple, and have the name included as 'Rolling Hights Ballas', and it gives us a hint of the example 'Rolling 60s Neighbourhood Crips'. They start off being powerful and controlling most territories in Los Santos, and having numerous connections, such as Cars for Weapons with the Russian Mafia, and the Vagos, which are 2nd powerfullest on the beginning of the game, and on the final mission, distracting you by throwing Molotov Cocktails with their buddies coming along, the Ballas. But anyways, isn't it obvious?

Why Vagos - 18th Street:

If the city this gang was based in was Chicago, then I would've put Latin Kings because both the Latin Kings and Vagos have the colours Yellow, but since this is in Los Santos(Los Angeles), then I would say 18th Street because they have numerous tattoos and walk around without shirts, like the people in most photos available of 18th Street. Plus they have large power, and they have an enemy - Mara Salvatrucha.

Why Aztecas - Compton Varrios:

I would say these guys are equal to Compton Varrios because just like the Compton Varrios, the Aztecas are small time in national scale, or state wide scale, but big time in city wide scale. The same name is issued - Compton Varrios and Varrios Los Aztecas. I would have put Mara Salvatrucha because MS-13 are enemies with 18th Street, just like Vagos and Aztecas, but I didn't... That's because on a scale, I compare different gangs, such as name hints and clues such as 'Compton VARRIOS', and 'VARRIOS Los Aztecas', and they're both city based, not nation wide, so I would say by size and name, it's the Compton Varrios who are the winners!

Why Mafia - Italian-American Mafia:

The Mafia is equal to the Italian-American Mafia because if these guys were the Italian Mafia, then what the hell would they do in a hell hole like San Andreas, and deal with a damn street gang, when they could do whatever they want, and it can all be organized, such as:

Grove Street member kills another person, cops are all over his ass in like 5 seconds.

Mafia member kills another person, cops leave it alone, and probably get bribed and some shit like that.

But, no, really...

Why Rifas - Nortenos:

Nortenos are Northeners, basiclly meaning North Cali, in this case, San Fierro is San Francisco, which is in North Cali, and the San Fierro Rifas are in North Cali, meaning that Nortenos are North, just as San Francisco(San Fierro), and you get the picture...

Why Triads - Triads:

Name says it all... As well as their race, clothing, way of speech and everything they do, shows they're Triads, and in San Francisco(San Fierro), the Triads are pretty fuckin' strong...

Why the Nang Boys - Viet Boys:

The Nang Boys are Vietnamese, and so are the Viet Boys. I think there is some relation in this akwardly stupid situation of comparing fiction with fact...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to play San Andreas, I have the game, I have the console, I have the TV, I have what I need to play it, I have a problem...

I didn't see the pressure sensitive warning on the back, which is probably the reason why I can't play the game.

I insert the disc, it loads, the two rockstar thingies go away, the San Andreas screen pops up with all the cartoons, the loading screen with the music and the cartoon images of the charachters in the game pop up, the game loads, the 'Error Reading San Andreas Disc' message pops up...

I cleaned the disc numerous times, as well as the PS2, and other games work well. I restart and over and over again, the same message...

I haven't played the game nor on the PS2 for more than 2 months, and yet it's fucked up.

Maybe it's because both the system and the game are more than a year old, or maybe it's because I used to put a bunch of video cassetes on a bunch of dvd's, games or any cd type discs...

Help Me!

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » April 15th, 2006, 12:22 pm

"I Had A Dream, And It Died In San Andreas."
-Gay Pedestrian Of The Constipated State Of San Andreas

I'll quote him on that...

Here is what I say:

"I Had A Dream, And It Died When I Was Born."

But no really, here is the true one:

"I Had A Dream, And It Died In North America."

Arsenal

Unread post by Arsenal » April 15th, 2006, 6:09 pm

Old Shatterhand wrote:There you are Arsenal. Thought I'd find you playing. Throw the video games away, flush the pot down the toilet, and get to the GYM! Stop taking the easy way through life and start change your life for the better. Put in the work.
MAN LEAVE ME ALONE

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » April 15th, 2006, 6:48 pm

EVN - I'm just me... wrote:
^Yup
Didnt that derive from Sherman Cigarettes dipped into Sherman cigarettes?

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » April 15th, 2006, 6:49 pm

LOL, i meant PCP dipped into Sherman Cigarettes.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » April 15th, 2006, 6:50 pm

uh...you know what i mean...forgive me, i am high a bit :wink:

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 15th, 2006, 7:45 pm

Sentenza wrote:
EVN - I'm just me... wrote:
^Yup
Didnt that derive from Sherman Cigarettes dipped into Sherman cigarettes?
I heard some theories.. .someone even said it was from that dude from Jeffersons lolol

honestly no idea... it's old word though

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 15th, 2006, 7:48 pm

useless_person wrote:Here is my theory:

Ballas - Crips
Vagos - 18th Street
Aztecas - Compton Varrios
Mafia - Italian-American Mafia
Rifas - Nortenos
Triads - Triads
the Nang Boys - Viet Boyz

Why Mafia - Italian-American Mafia:

The Mafia is equal to the Italian-American Mafia because if these guys were the Italian Mafia, then what the hell would they do in a hell hole like San Andreas, and deal with a damn street gang, when they could do whatever they want, and it can all be organized, such as:

Grove Street member kills another person, cops are all over his ass in like 5 seconds.

Mafia member kills another person, cops leave it alone, and probably get bribed and some shit like that.

But, no, really...

Why the Nang Boys - Viet Boys:

The Nang Boys are Vietnamese, and so are the Viet Boys. I think there is some relation in this akwardly stupid situation of comparing fiction with fact...
Everything I totally agree except the Mafia is the Russian mafia, it even said it was teh Russian Mafia in the game and it's like that in real life too... especially in SanBern...

The the Nang.... no idea who they are supposed to be. I think they just did a "generic Asian" gang and put the Nang as its label and that's it, as a collective for everyone.

UmanH-ay

Unread post by UmanH-ay » April 15th, 2006, 11:24 pm

^^the nag boys im guessin just got their name because their vietnamiese and come from the nang,

But on your theory Useless, with the whole GSF bein Blood And Ballas bein crip, i think the whole is just basically based on the late 80s to early 90s "Crack wars" that took place on the streets, like its pretty hard to compare both of them to bloods and crips its just more comparable to what happend with the wars, although you had good comparisons i just believe both gangs are just based on the events that took place

Trip'n_Loc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Trip'n_Loc » April 17th, 2006, 2:25 am

[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Owner\My%20Documents\My%20Pictures\Other%20Pics\Front%20Yard%20Ballas%20&%20Rollin%20Heights%20Ballas\hhh.jpg[/img]

Trip'n_Loc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Trip'n_Loc » April 17th, 2006, 2:27 am

^^damn. it didn't work, i got a pic of sum Ballas dressed in "red" with "red" bandanas, and i got pics of Groves in all "blu" it's hella wierd

Liga

Unread post by Liga » April 17th, 2006, 5:26 pm

The Families are Bloods this is just obvious (members put up "B" signs...) :
- Grove Street are one of the Piru set (Ganton=Compton, Grove Street=Piru Street), but don't know for the Temple Drive and Seville Boulevard sets thou.

Ballas are Crips (they put up "C" signs in the game) :
- Rollin Heights Ballas = Rollin 30s Harlem Crips (in the game they are located in Jefferson which is Jefferson Avenue in reality).
- Kilo Tray Ballas = Grape Street Watts Crips or Eight Tray GC ('Kilo Tray' being either a reference to 103rd Street or to 8-Tray)
- Front Yard Ballas = one of the Inglewood Crip set (but it could be a reference to Front Street Watts Crips too).

In my opinion Latinos gangs such as Varrios Aztecas, Vagos, and Rifas are just generic Hispanic gangs (authors of the game didn't even create sets for them).

Trip'n_Loc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Trip'n_Loc » April 17th, 2006, 7:33 pm

^^how come I ce hearin' Groves say cuzz and loc all the tyme tho', cuz i ce tryin' 2 get them in a car and one of them say to another: get in the car loc.
And once i waz takin' over a Ballas hood and a Grove said: back me up cuzz!

so i'm still confused about whether or not they bloods or not.

And i never seen a Balla attack another Balla, but i have seen Temple Drive attack a Grove Street, like Crip-on-Crip beef.

And on one mission CJ waz talkin' 2 his brother and he waz like: all this Green-on-Green needs to stop.

So all that lead me to celive that: the Families=Crips, Ballas=bloods

I could ce wrong, but i think i'm rite.

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » April 17th, 2006, 8:44 pm

Trip'n_Loc wrote:^^how come I be hearin' Groves say cuzz and loc all the tyme tho', because i be tryin' 2 get them in a car and one of them say to another: get in the car loc.
And once i waz takin' over a Ballas hood and a Grove said: back me up cuzz!

so i'm still confused about whether or not they bloods or not.

And i never seen a Balla attack another Balla, but i have seen Temple Drive attack a Grove Street, like Crip-on-Crip beef.

And on one mission CJ waz talkin' 2 his brother and he waz like: all this Green-on-Green needs to stop.

So all that lead me to celive that: the Families=Crips, Ballas=bloods

I could be wrong, but i think i'm rite.
Yea, I see your point...

The fat gang member that walks on the gang territories you own, said two things once:

"Whatup Dawg."

And after that:

"Whatup Cuzz."

But Ballas confuse me, and Ballas are big, plus they can be either crips or bloods, because they wear purple, and purple comes from red and blue, which is another thing to think about..

Ballas have a deeper voice:

"Suck my dick, Grove Street bitch!"

And in reverse:

"Grove Street bitch, suck my dick!"

Or somethin..

dun kno, im tired... i gotta sleep. peace out!