Training Day (2001)

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
whitekid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

what crip set is in Training day?

Unread post by whitekid » July 21st, 2003, 9:13 pm

u know the part when they steal that bitches money from under the bed and those cripz start busin at them.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Re: what crip set is in Training day?

Unread post by bgcasper » July 21st, 2003, 9:38 pm

it was pj watts crips located in imperial garden project in south east watts
113st as north grape st west mona blvd as east ,imperial as their south ...
bunty hunter are their main enemy along with grape st .they one of watts 4 big project gang .

whitekid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whitekid » July 21st, 2003, 9:43 pm

damn OG you know your sh^t. lol

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » July 22nd, 2003, 12:19 am

bgCASPERsscc wrote:it was pj watts crips located in imperial garden project in south east watts
113st as north grape st west mona blvd as east ,imperial as their south ...
bunty hunter are their main enemy along with grape st .they one of watts 4 big project gang .
I think it is called Imperial Courts not Gardens.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » July 22nd, 2003, 1:30 am

lol yes lol the garden is in nickerson lol alonso i'm too buzy on this forum i got my stuff twisted

thesoulsedge
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thesoulsedge » July 23rd, 2003, 10:51 am

Ya'll niggaz do know yo sh-t. I'm mosdef gone learn from ya'll. Readin' this shit touches my heart in a deep as way niggaz. I can't explain it...on the one hand this sh-t rips me apart but on the other hand this is my true roots...my true people. Caspers answer damn near brought me to tears...to see a mufu that respects hood facts.

wed
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Training Day (2001)

Unread post by wed » July 24th, 2003, 10:43 pm

i was watching the movie "training day" the other day, and i noteced that when they rolled thru the Crip hood one of the locs had a 6 star tatted on his chest (from what i saw). i was wondering if that 8ball sh*t affected cali too, or do some sets have stars, or is this just a mistake by hollywood. my big homies told me that that would never ce in cali.

G bka C.rum
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Training Day

Unread post by G bka C.rum » July 24th, 2003, 10:56 pm

I think you was seein things ima watch it and see what you talking about ni66as dont run under stars and sh!% over there plus aint no GD's in L.A.

wed
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by wed » July 24th, 2003, 11:11 pm

yeah i didnt think they did, just checcin. watch it and tell me wat u think.

Kountry
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Kountry » July 26th, 2003, 9:19 am

the first time i saw the movie i noticed it But you know different crip sets have different things so they could have just adapted it

Bulls Fan
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Bulls Fan » July 26th, 2003, 2:15 pm

In the movie...what hood did they go through? and assuming it was a real hood....how did they get cameras in there? does the director have to pay some type of fee or something?

Bulls Fan
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Bulls Fan » July 26th, 2003, 3:01 pm

I wonder how they entered watts in the first place. (The movie producers, directors, etc.) I have a friend from Watts, and he said that its not a place you just pass through, and its real hard to get in...let alone with cameras.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » July 26th, 2003, 9:52 pm

we already answered those questions ,crips pjwatts, bloods jungle stones , believe me they had gangs autorisation and the gangmembers were playing their own roles,the ogs from those sets did the security and worked as advisers got paid for sure like menace to society the grape streetaz got paid ,ecept for hillside trece wich is a fictional hood , exelent movie ....

Rossonero
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Rossonero » July 29th, 2003, 9:08 am

GodDAMN Casper! It's like you got a map of LA memorized.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » July 29th, 2003, 9:39 am

no when i don't remember the street i check on the net map lol but i know imperial court cause i knew a guy from there , and when the truce was on we all use to go there ,and they had an og who did a lot for the truce: tony bogart ,may he rest in peace

Rossonero
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Rossonero » July 29th, 2003, 10:15 am

the truce - can you talk more on that? I think it happened back in '92....all I remember hearing about was that there was so much killin that both sides were tired of it....but obviously the truce didn't last. I also think its terrible that Crip gangs are fighting amongst themselves....I bet if Bloods and Crips united they could run the whole city of LA...probably the west coast!

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » August 1st, 2003, 9:47 am

They also filmed on the corner of Temple Street & Glendale Boulevard...AKA Filipinotown. Only a few filipino-owned stores are still left in the area. How funny they put a Filipinotown sign on Alvarado/Temple, where there's an El Pollo Loco and McDonalds...LOL. Rampart area represented right there. Temple Street is there, Diamond Street is still there, Big Top Locos still has their alley, Echo Park Locos is down the street. It was also home to many Satanas, Hellside Gang, Crazys, Rebel Boys...all pinoy gangs that were active in the 80s/90's.

willihen
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by willihen » August 5th, 2003, 7:14 pm

Wed,

That was a big 'ole fat Marijuana tatoo on that crip's chest, not a 8ball.

watch it again, you'll see as the camera pans right to left, its on the heavier set crip's upper right chest.

willihen
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by willihen » August 5th, 2003, 7:15 pm

my bad,

A TATTOO OF A MARIJUANA LEAF.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » August 6th, 2003, 2:35 pm

bgCASPER wrote:we already answered those questions ,crips pjwatts, bloods jungle stones , believe me they had gangs autorisation and the gangmembers were playing their own roles,the ogs from those sets did the security and worked as advisers got paid for sure like menace to society the grape streetaz got paid ,ecept for hillside trece wich is a fictional hood , exelent movie ....
Yeah, Hillside13 was a made up varrio. If you look at the original screenplay by David Ayer, he wanted to use WF.

http://sfy.iv.ru/sfy.html?script=training_day

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » August 6th, 2003, 4:24 pm

Now it comes full circle. Thanks again Gibby.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » August 6th, 2003, 4:45 pm

wcrockets wrote:Now it comes full circle. Thanks again Gibby.
You mentioned that you were with a former WF member who showed you wedding pictures in another post. What is his name? Im curious to see if I know him.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » August 7th, 2003, 8:44 am

Hi Gibby. I am not at liberty to discuss the names or any personal information of people that I am involved with. It will have to suffice to say that he and his family and are doing very well and leading new excellent lives with God in their hearts. His body, of course, still carries the many tat's of WF. Peace.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » August 7th, 2003, 12:46 pm

wcrockets wrote:Hi Gibby. I am not at liberty to discuss the names or any personal information of people that I am involved with. It will have to suffice to say that he and his family and are doing very well and leading new excellent lives with God in their hearts. His body, of course, still carries the many tat's of WF. Peace.
As old Cerqueo tell him I said to keep his head up. 8)

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » August 7th, 2003, 1:54 pm

Si Amigo, vaya con dios.

wed
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by wed » August 7th, 2003, 9:22 pm

willihen wrote:Wed,

That was a big 'ole fat Marijuana tatoo on that crip's chest, not a 8ball.

watch it again, you'll see as the camera pans right to left, its on the heavier set crip's upper right chest.
damn u problly right, my bad. it looked like a 6 point star to me, cut now i think about it, it probly was a weed leef.

Cay
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Cay » September 1st, 2003, 10:46 pm

Bulls Fan wrote:I wonder how they entered watts in the first place. (The movie producers, directors, etc.) I have a friend from Watts, and he said that its not a place you just pass through, and its real hard to get in...let alone with cameras.
i don't know about how they got in watts..but as for filming in the jungle, the guy who played 'bone' helped them with that...

Quintana

Unread post by Quintana » September 2nd, 2003, 8:53 am

what was the Mexican gang the cop nearly got shot in.

Young
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Young » September 2nd, 2003, 3:26 pm

damn i thought that was the eastcoast in the movie....

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » September 2nd, 2003, 8:09 pm

the hispanic gang hillside 13 is a fictional hood and was played by exelent latinos actors with fake tats , the only true hoods in that movie was the jungle and imperial court were the guy hangin were true rips and true dogs and their tats were real .east coast? no i don't think you had coasters on that movie ...

Cereal_K
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Cereal_K » September 3rd, 2003, 4:26 am

So the street that is shown, that ends, where all this black peepz with red shirts that is the Jungles ??? and the people with the red shirt are the Black P Stones ?? but damn, u see like peepz with 35 wearin red shirts, like if u was a gang member what has an old guy gotta say to u ??? and why they always lookin out 4 their hoods, i dont understand that, like doin the job of the police, maybe is becuz there are to many gangs, but i dont like that gang structure, where maybe u gotta say the old gangsters what ya goota do, and that BS.

Keep the shit real , dogs!!

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » September 3rd, 2003, 6:55 am

LOL IGNORENT BOY YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW SHITH ABOUT GANGS , LOLOLOL

THIS IS YOUR WORDS :u see like peepz with 35 wearin red shirts, like if u was a gang member what has an old guy gotta say to u ???

IN LOS ANGELES THE 35 YEARS OLD WEARING COLORS AND HANGIN' N A BLOCK ARE WHAT WE CALL OG'S ORIGINAL GANGSTAZ IN SOME HOODS THEY ARE ON THEIR 40 AND THE OLDEST ARE ON THEIR 50 NOW IN SOME CHICANO HOODS THEIR GRAN FATHERS ARE REPPIN' THE VARRIO , ITS THE REASON LOS ANGELES GANGS CALL THEMSELFS HOOD OR VARRIOS CAUSE THE WHOLE COMUNITY IS INVOLVED ... I THINK YOU GOT A TWISTED VISION OF GANG MEMBERS , WHAT U DEFINE AS GANG MEMBER SEEMS TO BE A STEREO TYPE NIGGA THAT DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT NOTHING A BIT LIKE A PUNK ROCKER OR A HARD SURFER BUT THATS HOW OUTSIDE PEOPLE SEE US LOLOLOL ITS FAR FROM BEING THE REALITY ,A GANG IS LIKE A COMUNITY OR LETS SAY LIKE AN AFRICAN VILLAGE AND YOU HAVE ALL TYPE OF PERSON THE WARRIORS THE HUNTERS THE MEDECINE MAN AND THE ELDERS THE OLD WISE WARRIORS WHO ARE LOVED AND RESPECTED ITS TRUE THAT SOME HOODS DON'T RESPECT THEIR ELDERS ITS HOW CLICCED BROKE OFF BIG HOODS BUT IN MY HOOD WE GOT LOVE AND RESPECT FOR THE ELDERS ...

ALL THIS TO TELL YOU , YOU DON'T KNOW SHITH CEREAL SO YOU SHOULD COME HERE WITH RESPECT AND YOU WILL LEARN AND MAYBE WHO KNOWS MAKE SOME FRIENDS , BUT ALL THOSE QUIK TO DISS ATTITUDE YOU HAVE IS EASY BEHIND A COMPUTER I BET YOU WOULD SING A DIFFERENT SONG IN FRONT