Angels of Death - Inside the Bikers' Empire of Crime

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Angels of Death - Inside the Bikers' Empire of Crime

Unread post by alexalonso » September 26th, 2007, 3:06 pm

Angels of Death - Inside the Bikers' Empire of Crime, by William Marsden & Julian Sher.

has anyone read it, it is suppose to be about how a gang member infiltrated the police.

Red Kelly
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Red Kelly » November 24th, 2007, 7:24 pm

I have the book and have read most of it. The main story it highlights is how the ATF created a biker club to do business with the Angels chapters in Arizona and it details the investigation, arrests, and so forth. It also tells about the rise of Angel chapters in England, Australia, and the Netherlands. It's a good book but like all I think you have to take the info with a grain of salt. I have read several books on the Hells Angels and despite the claims it seems like law enforcement has never made a dent on the organization. They hit em hard and then they come back even stronger. I have read about raids government agencies have made where they arrest dozens of people and seize hundreds of weapons and then a majority of the guns, weapons, etc. are returned because they are all properly registered and 100% legal. Some people have guns that have been seized and returned multiple times. The book is a great read though if you like true crime books. One allegation in the book that I don't think they were ever formally charged with was that Angels were buying weed in South Africa for $40 a pound and smuggling it into Great Britain for resale at $3,000 a pound.

StoneGreaser
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: near Chicago

Unread post by StoneGreaser » January 26th, 2008, 11:27 am

81 has been hit hard the last few years.. Some real-live snitches, some bad busts, some people goin off the rez bigtime. Don't buy books by snitches!!!