Hustle & Flow (2005)

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Hustle & Flow (2005)

Unread post by K1LLJOY » July 12th, 2005, 5:56 pm

ok hustle and flow looks like a garbage movie but thers only 2 reasons why i want to see the movie 1 it takes place in memphis and i happen to be a fan of the whole memphis music scene and for the music in the
movie from the previews sound tight and plus i know ima be bored and aint got sh-t to do so ima chekc the movie out.

but what pisses me off about the soundtrack is that it got a bunch of atalnta and outside niggas on the soundtrack and i think sense the maker of the movie is frommemphis and so is tarrence howard they should of gave tennesse a time to shine and the sound trakc should of had nothing but tennesse rappers on it it just aint right haivng ti and all these atlanta ass nigga son ther that sh-t kills it. i no i not the only one thats upset about this i know niggas in the tenn mad about this sh-t to!

thats like having a movie based on the life of a gang member in compton but the sound trakc got a bunch of niggas from the east coast and south on the soundtrack and now westcoast artist what kinda off brand sh-t is that

S.R.E.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by S.R.E. » July 14th, 2005, 10:32 am

I havent herd the sound track so I dont know if any Tenn. rappers are on there are not, but the thing about having songs from T.I. and Scrappy on their along with other ATL. artist is I believe the movie is trying to up lift the south in a whole and the southern style of music. So to have rappers from all over the South would be justified, but I agreed that there should be a Tenn. presence in the sound track.

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by K1LLJOY » July 15th, 2005, 2:13 pm

all i nkow is that dj paul and juicy-j produced that song hard out here for a pimp but thats the only tenn influence on the whole f-cking soundtrack

Tyrant
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tyrant » July 21st, 2005, 4:59 pm

i wanna see this movie probably will wait until it comes onto BET or something though :lol:

SiNN702
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SiNN702 » July 21st, 2005, 7:53 pm

Yeah I agree they shouldve had some Memphis cats on the soundtrack but fuck it Im still going to see this shit tommorrow. Terrance Howard is one of my favorite actors so I got see how this nigga do in this movie.

jae
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by jae » July 28th, 2005, 11:28 am

i saw the movie, it was cool, and i agree with you KillJoy, if thats true, thass foul about the music. Movies like that should have homegrown soundtracks/emcees. Unsigned/Underground artist would have been even better.... or atleast a mixture of signed/unsigned.

raztheory

Unread post by raztheory » August 7th, 2005, 7:41 am

WAS THATS SPOSED TO BE "SUGA-FREE"?

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » August 7th, 2005, 12:28 pm

ill movie

S.R.E.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by S.R.E. » August 9th, 2005, 12:15 pm

Yeah, the movie was good.

Baby-Girl16
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Hustle & Flow (2005)

Unread post by Baby-Girl16 » August 24th, 2005, 12:59 pm

K1LLJOY wrote:ok hustle and flow looks like a garbage movie but thers only 2 reasons why i want to see the movie 1 it takes place in memphis and i happen to be a fan of the whole memphis music scene and for the music in the
movie from the previews sound tight and plus i know ima be bored and aint got sh-t to do so ima chekc the movie out.

but what pisses me off about the soundtrack is that it got a bunch of atalnta and outside niggas on the soundtrack and i think sense the maker of the movie is frommemphis and so is tarrence howard they should of gave tennesse a time to shine and the sound trakc should of had nothing but tennesse rappers on it it just aint right haivng ti and all these atlanta ass nigga son ther that sh-t kills it. i no i not the only one thats upset about this i know niggas in the tenn mad about this sh-t to!

thats like having a movie based on the life of a gang member in compton but the sound trakc got a bunch of niggas from the east coast and south on the soundtrack and now westcoast artist what kinda off brand sh-t is that

do u listen 2 three 6?

Peddi-P
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Peddi-P » August 29th, 2005, 5:13 pm

i say i was an instant classic, i agree the soundtrack could have been better

Oaktown_G
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Oaktown_G » February 11th, 2006, 11:55 pm

They had one song with memphis niggas thats it but the movie was good I still dont know what part of south memphis they were in.

rummy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rummy » March 1st, 2006, 6:00 am

whoop that trick love that song

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guest » March 1st, 2006, 8:46 am

Slakcs n a Tshirt wrote:i wanna see this movie probably will wait until it comes onto BET or something though :lol:
haha... in like 2000 years...

I really want to see this movie, ive heard its good.

2 tall

Unread post by 2 tall » March 6th, 2006, 10:10 pm

A VERY GOOD ASS MOVIE. AND DAMM LUDA GOT PLAYED OUT LIKE A BITCH AT THE END.FOR ALL YOU OUT THERE THAT HAVE NOT SEEN IT,GO CHECK IT OUT. 8)

3rdcoasta
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 3rdcoasta » March 7th, 2006, 2:59 pm

the movie was weak wut the fucc wuz up with cuzz fake accent and sellin a kiddy keyboard for pussy my nigga WTF

2 tall

Unread post by 2 tall » March 8th, 2006, 7:28 pm

3rdcoasta wrote:the movie was weak wut the mess wuz up with cuzz fake accent and sellin a kiddy keyboard for pussy my nigga WTF
You is wrong.d jay bought the keybourd for a quarter bag of weed.He sold the white girl's pussy to get the microphone to record his song without the distortion.Sorry to corect you ,No diss to you intended.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 8th, 2006, 7:49 pm

it was good, but i didnt think it was that great. the ending was hot, but the movie overall wasn't that great.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » August 21st, 2006, 7:29 pm

I recently watched the DVD, and I must say, it was better than I had thought. I thought it was going to be another $2.00 ghetto movie, but I felt it was well written and entertaining.

I might even watch it again.

loser
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by loser » October 15th, 2006, 7:54 am

A movie with an idea. It's interesting to experience the life of a pimp.