Inside the Crips : Life Inside L.A.'s.... by Colton Simpson

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » July 29th, 2006, 1:37 am

WATCH THIS BOOK BREED MORE WANNBEES ........ESPECIALLY IN NEWYORK ..LOL

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

yea its a good book

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » December 17th, 2006, 7:51 pm

its not as good as home of the body bags but its still pretty good he should have wrote more about the war with bps and 20's hopefully he stays out of jail i just hope that every gang member doesnt try and write a book now

grundy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by grundy » February 4th, 2007, 1:42 pm

grundy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by grundy » February 17th, 2007, 6:45 am

Shark Rest In Peace Tiny Rock,huck, Bird,jim, And Et
Yeah Lil Blue Is On Deck Lil Pot Nose Lil Heaven And Rat
And The Young Ass Homie Young Baby Floyd
Slump Marock And Marsloan
Lil Warlock Baby Rock 3 Baby Jimbo D-loc And Louie
Lil Harlem Hilly,lil Huck, Pookie,barlow And Bad Luck
And The Big Homie Flim Flam Killboyric Rock then then And Ice Man Aj And Ken Sinbad Crip Colt Killa Kev Casper Bro And Tray

JelisLust
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by JelisLust » February 18th, 2007, 10:58 am

I remember we read a piece of that book in my English class when I was in High School, last year. Was pretty interesting.

Mumbles3945

Unread post by Mumbles3945 » February 20th, 2007, 2:52 pm

Does anybody know whatever happened to Colton Simpson since his trial for the jewelry store robbery they put on him?

DESDIA

Unread post by DESDIA » March 8th, 2007, 12:16 am

I haven't read Colton's book, but I know him personally. He was always into some shit back in the day. I think his crippin day started much later than the ten year old shooting he claims to have commited.

Myself and his older brother know as Richard Perry were tight back in the late seventies, and early eighties. All three of us went to the same jr., and sr high school together. I never banged just kind of an affiliate, and if anybody can reach Colton you ask him about DADA and he can confirm this info!

We lost contact after high school, and would see each other at parties in the windsor hills area of L.A. I heard all kind of stuff about Colton doing wayout shit, and I wouldn't doubt he was able to carry out any mission.

Colton was one of those pretty boy type of dudes, who always wanted to prove he was hard and not just a pretty boy image! We came up when bangin was on the rise, and to prove what I'm saying his grand mother owned the original fat burger on western in the thirties hood. I guess that's where it all started.

I hope he beats that case, and makes the best of his opportunity! I'm gonna check his book out, my name may come up. . .ha ha

Peace Colton
DADA

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » March 8th, 2007, 4:28 pm

its a pretty good book he was a crazy man back in the day

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » April 4th, 2008, 12:54 am

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key

Re: LA Times review of "Inside the Crips" by Colton Si

Unread post by ViciousRidah » June 23rd, 2010, 10:13 pm

77th resident wrote:
CCO (Consolidated Crip Organization)

This was an organization or a prison structure mentioned in Monster Codys autobiography, does this signify at least some kind of organization with the Crips in the California penal system . i am a ex banger myself, and I have always wondered about a certain type of code and organization intended for the ''Crips'' in California of course I don't want to expose anything or bring anything to the forefront to give to much to the public, some stuff should just remain not said, but are crips misconstrued as being unorganized.Is the CCO just a jail thing.There some members within the ''Crips'' who bang to reckless and act like that's how its supposed to be but does the ''CCO'' change that in the penal system.

I heard the only thing that is the back bone for crips in the California prison system is the Kumi 415 and the BGF,what purposes does this serve in prison, and is it something that's lets say still cherished by crips when they are released from prison.

mvwi1
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Union City

Re: Inside the Crips : Life Inside L.A.'s.... by Colton Simpson

Unread post by mvwi1 » July 21st, 2010, 7:13 pm

That's interesting that Simpson plagiarized Monster as he's from the Rollin' O side of things. I haven't read the whole book but rather parts of it at the bookstore.

RomanoBundy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Somewhere... out there

Re: Inside the Crips : Life Inside L.A.'s.... by Colton Simp

Unread post by RomanoBundy » December 9th, 2013, 5:20 am

I am currently reading it and it's a good book.
Colton Simpson doesn't try to make himself look like a hero too much I think. He tells facts (well, at least what we take as facts, because some people may have objections to some things he tells) from the very beginning to I-don't-know-when-since-I've-not-finished-it-yet :mrgreen:

Return to “Book & Magazine Club”