Bounty Offered for L.A.’s ’10 Most Wanted’ Gang Members

For news related to any city in Los Angeles County area read here.
Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » March 1st, 2007, 4:07 pm

EGP News Service

The LAPD’s list of the “10 Most Wanted” gang members, will soon have to find a new outlaw to take the place of an 18th street gang member arrested in Guatemala and extradited to Texas, a U.S. Marshals Service spokesperson said yesterday.

Angel Zavallos was captured by Guatemalan authorities last week and deported to Texas, where he is scheduled to appear in court this week, according to Andres Jimenez, a spokesperson for the U.S. Marshal Service in Los Angeles

Zavallos faces extradition to Los Angeles to face an attempted murder charge for allegedly wounding a victim in a bar fight.

The arrest announcement comes on the heels of last Friday’s Los Angeles City Council decision to offer $50,000 rewards for information leading to the arrest and conviction of any of the gang members on the “10 Most Wanted” list, and two weeks after Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and police Chief William Bratton unveiled a strategy targeting the city’s 11 most violent street gangs.

The mayor and Bratton’s anti-gang plans calls for creating the “ 10 Most Wanted” list to identify but not glorify street gang members.

At least one Los Angeles gang member will be included on the FBI’s Most Wanted list, as well, according to authorities. Once that gang member is captured, another will take his place on the FBI’s list.

“These are individuals where cases have already been made, but the problem is we can’t bring them to justice until we have them physically in our custody so that we can go forward with the prosecution,” said Councilman Tony Cardenas, chair of the council’s Ad Hoc Committee on Gang Violence and Youth Development.

“They’re very involved in the community, unfortunately, in all the wrong ways,” Cardenas said. “This is an opportunity for us to have the community assist us in identifying these people who might be anonymous in certain communities.”

Yesterday, responding to the announcement of the arrest of the 18th Street gang member, Councilmember Jose Huizar stated: “The apprehension of one of the City’s ‘most-wanted’ gang members today shows that the City Council is serious about combating gang violence in our communities. This comes within one week of a motion that Councilmember Cardenas and I introduced seeking information leading to the arrest of some of our most hardened criminals.

Moving forward with his office’s anti-gang efforts, City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo on Tuesday announced the city has secured a new gang injunction against the Highland Park street gang, the third Northeast Los Angeles gang to receive an injunction in recent weeks, and the city’s 50th gang injunction to date. The injunction bans associating in public, intimidation, possession of weapons, guns, and drugs, imposes a 10:00 p.m. curfew and forbids gang members from entering all local School Safety Zones, according to the city attorney’s office.

This injunction follows a permanent injunction granted in January against the Lincoln Heights, Clover, and Eastlake street gangs in order to form a Safety Zone covering an area from Avenue 35 bounded by the Harbor (11) and Golden State (5) freeways.

Also on Tuesday, Delgadillo highlighted his First Chance gang prevention program, serving the Northeast Los Angeles area through the Hathaway-Sycamore Family Resource Center in Highland Park that will partner his office with JVS (Jewish Vocational Service), a local non-profit organization that provides career and employment services to individuals and businesses throughout Los Angeles. Together they will work to provide educational and career opportunities to at-risk youth and gang members who want to start anew, according to the city attorney’s office.

The LAPD’s “Most Wanted”
—Merced Cambero of the Avenues Street Gang, who is suspected of killing several black men in Los Angeles

—Dennis Arnold Figueroa of the Al Capones gang, accused of stealing wallets and watches from the victims of a traffic collision, then killing one of the victims.

—Miguel Angel Lopez of the Mara Salvatrucha gang, wanted for allegedly killing at least one person in a series of shootings.

—Kody DeJohn Scott of the 8-Trey Gangster Crips gang, suspected of assaulting a friend who refused to lend him a car, then taking off with the vehicle.

—Mario Lemus of the Rancho San Pedro gang, accused of fatally kicking a victim in the head.

—Carlos Broady of the Black P-Stones gang, on federal narcotics charges.

—Oscar Enriques Flores of the San Fers gang, for allegedly beating a victim to death with a metal rod.

—Steve Garcia of the San Fers gang, suspected of murder.

—Jonathan Blackwell of the K-Swiss gang, wanted in connection with a home invasion robbery in which two people were killed and a third wounded.

—Angel Zevallos of the 18th Street Westside gang was wanted for allegedly wounding a victim during a bar fight and was arrested last week in Guatemala and deported to Texas.

http://www.egpnews.com/index.cfm?id=312 ... ageid=5351

junta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by junta » March 1st, 2007, 7:58 pm

Thank You for posting this, because it lets all these naysayers know that at least the Law Enforcement in LA is trying to curb gangs.

Hopefully somebody out there recognizes these guys and gets them behind bars where they belong. Im sick of gangs, I wish they never existed.

Hell
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hell » March 1st, 2007, 8:01 pm

^ Well to bad that's lyfe gangs will never died,they'll just multiply also fo the LAPD they don't give a stuff about ya'll anyway they just trying to get much gang members off the streets beside but we all that will never happen L.A got it bad.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » March 1st, 2007, 8:14 pm

junta wrote:Thank You for posting this, because it lets all these naysayers know that at least the Law Enforcement in LA is trying to curb gangs.

Hopefully somebody out there recognizes these guys and gets them behind bars where they belong. Im sick of gangs, I wish they never existed.

Well your welcome, but I dont know what the fuck the law enforcement in LA is trying to do. I dont know that they are being particularly effective.

Christina Marie

LAPD Nab Top-10 Fugitive Buying Ice Cream

Unread post by Christina Marie » March 7th, 2007, 1:34 pm

LAPD Nab Top-10 Fugitive Buying Ice Cream

Updated: March 7th, 2007 12:37 PM PDT

PATRICK McGREEVY
Los Angeles Times

Police Chief William J. Bratton on Tuesday announced details of the arrest of a second member of the Los Angeles Police Department's 10 most-wanted gang members list -- the takedown of a murder suspect as he bought ice cream in Rosarito Beach, Mexico.

Steve Garcia, 43, was taken into custody Friday after a four-day surveillance by Mexican authorities and was taken to the U.S. border. There he was handed over to representatives of the U.S. Marshal's Service, who took him to the California Institute for Men in Chino because he had violated parole.

Bratton said Garcia is accused of killing fellow San Fers gang member Kenneth Landon during an argument at a Sylmar motel on Feb. 12, 2001.

Garcia was captured just days after police announced the arrest in Guatemala of another most-wanted fugitive, Angel Zevallos, who is accused of attempted murder.

"Two down, eight to go," Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said Tuesday at a City Hall news conference with Bratton. "The capture and arrest of two of the most violent offenders in two weeks sends a clear message that violent offenders will be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law no matter where they run, no matter where they hide."

Officials conceded Garcia had been the focus of a fugitive task force in Mexico for the last 18 months, well before Bratton and Villaraigosa released the "top 10" list in February, and that the reward offered by the city was not a factor in his arrest. But Bratton said that publicizing the list and offering a $50,000 reward had generated information on others.

"The purpose of the list is to refocus attention on these people that we have not been able to apprehend," Bratton said.

Villaraigosa also announced that Arash Semerome Safaie, 32, a member of the Hardtimes gang in the Santa Ana area, will replace Garcia on the list.

He is wanted in the shooting death of Anna Vasquez, 17, and wounding of two other people at a South Los Angeles party on Sept. 28, 2003. Bratton said Safaie, who was born in Nayarit, Mexico, is believed to be in Mexico.

http://www.officer.com/article/article. ... 7&id=35213

junta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by junta » March 7th, 2007, 10:52 pm

Christina Marie you are a bad girl! I never thought I would see you use profanity. But I still like the articles you post. You educate me and everybody else on this site with those articles.

THANK GOD FOR STREETGANGS.COM, this message board site and the text site will save a lot of lives.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » March 7th, 2007, 11:13 pm

junta wrote:Thank You for posting this, because it lets all these naysayers know that at least the Law Enforcement in LA is trying to curb gangs.
Then just explain to us, with examples, as to how this animated 'most wanted' list is going to curb gangs? Like similar measures haven't been tried before...
Hopefully somebody out there recognizes these guys and gets them behind bars where they belong.
Where they will still control their neighborhoods, and will have plenty of prospects to recruit if there are no educational and career opportunities for young people in poverty.
Im sick of gangs, I wish they never existed.
Why do you focus on gangs, instead of the actual behavior? Are you really saying that you wish violence amongst our youth didn't exist, where it comes from, and how to stop it? Why should you be concerned about anything else regarding gangs?

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » March 7th, 2007, 11:49 pm

junta wrote:Christina Marie you are a bad girl! I never thought I would see you use profanity. But I still like the articles you post. You educate me and everybody else on this site with those articles.

THANK GOD FOR STREETGANGS.COM, this message board site and the text site will save a lot of lives.

You have never seen ME use profanity? You should read more of my posts.....lol. But thanks for the compliments.

DK
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DK » March 12th, 2007, 10:58 pm

StillNoScript wrote: Where they will still control their neighborhoods, and will have plenty of prospects to recruit if there are no educational and career opportunities for young people in poverty.
Couldn't have said it better.