4 homicides within 7 hours(Long Beach,Ca)

For news related to any city in Los Angeles County area read here.
CityByTheSea
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

4 homicides within 7 hours(Long Beach,Ca)

Unread post by CityByTheSea » July 2nd, 2007, 8:06 pm

Four Homicides Within Seven Hours Rock Central LB, Wrigley, WLB; Three Occur Within 75 Minutes On Sunday Night

(July 2, 2007, initial posting) -- Four LB residents were victims of homicides on city streets within seven hours from Sunday night July 1 to the predawn hours Monday morning (July 2)...four homicides within seven hours, three of which took place within 75 minutes on the evening/early morning of July 1-2 (two in Central LB, one in Wrigley).

LBReport webposted the Sunday night stories as breaking on our our front page (www.lbreport.com) shortly after midnight on Sunday night/Monday a.m...and we provide details on them here plus information on the fourth homicide in WLB.

LBPD Public Information Officer Sgt. Dina Zipalski provided information in summary form for LBReport.com. We'll add further details as we learn them.

* Approximately 9:30 p.m. July 1: LBPD officers responded to the 1500 block of Pine Ave. and found a person had suffered a gunshot wound to his torso. LBFD determined that the victim had expired. He was identified as Arelio Perez, 21, of LB. LBPD believes the motive may be gang related; the investigation continues.

* Approximately 9:40 p.m., 400 block of West Willow St.: LBPD was dispatched to a local bar to assist LBFD with a subject who'd suffered a gunshot wound. The victim, Cesar Rolando Moran, 24, of LB, was pronounced dead at the scene. LBPD says its investigation indicated that another bar patron allegedly shot the victim. The suspect is described as a male Hispanic in his 20s, last seen driving away in a gray or silver pick up truck.

* Approximately 10:45 p.m., 1100 block E. 17th St: LBFD dispatched to what turned out to be stabbing (took place to the rear of the buildings). Officers learned of a possible altercation between several individuals. A male Asian subject, age 24, was stabbed in his uppoer torso and transported to a hospital...where he did not survive. The victim's name is still pending as we webpost as breaking.

* July 2, approximately 4:00 a.m.: A homicide took place in WLB the general area of 19th St/Canal Ave. [precise location pending]. Information remains very sketchy and will be updated here as we learn more.

http://www.lbreport.com/news/jul07/187s4.htm

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » July 2nd, 2007, 9:03 pm

People acting crazy in the heat

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » July 2nd, 2007, 9:41 pm

DATS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS 'BOUT TA SAY the MUTHAFUCCCIN HEAT 8)

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » July 3rd, 2007, 4:45 pm

Shox112 wrote:DATS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS 'BOUT TA SAY the MUTHAFUCCCIN HEAT 8)
That and it was a full moon

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by pistolslanga » July 7th, 2007, 10:18 pm

Christina Marie wrote:
......if your thinking what im thinkin this aint no marvel comic :D

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » July 8th, 2007, 9:47 am

pistolslanga wrote:
Christina Marie wrote:
......if your thinking what im thinkin this aint no marvel comic :D
Nope. I believe that the heat and the cycles of the moon and planets do affect us.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by LcBwC » July 8th, 2007, 10:35 am

^^^There have actually been studies that support the moon cycles and human behavior changing with it.

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » July 8th, 2007, 10:57 am

u people are crazy

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by pistolslanga » July 8th, 2007, 11:34 am

KINGFEAR62 wrote:u people are crazy

*full moon tommorow*

*walks to neighbors house with a meatlceaver*

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » July 8th, 2007, 2:06 pm

KINGFEAR62 wrote:u people are crazy
Whats crazy about a study...I havent seen anything that says a full moon makes people kill others, but studies have shown different changes in different people.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » July 8th, 2007, 9:31 pm

LcBwC wrote:^^^There have actually been studies that support the moon cycles and human behavior changing with it.
The moon affects the tides and then it goes to reason that we are comprised of 50% + water that it might just affect us too. I also personally know that my monthly cycle goes with the cycle of the moon.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » July 8th, 2007, 11:10 pm

woow^^ a lil too much

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 8th, 2007, 11:27 pm

sup kingfear, mcminister

man what are you guys talking about what's the point of this full moon and heat talk

School's out and dumbasses can't think of anything better to do than act dumb is one thing, and two yes people are agitated by heat but you think that's to blame for this? I feel hot so I'm gonna kill someone today?

1. Full moons are stories.
2. Let's assume that the heat and full moons did agitate people. Is this a direct motivation for murder? Is that rational, that I feel hot and the moon is out so I'm gonna kill someone? Or was it I was out late last night and was already living a reckless and immoral lifestyle and killed someone?
2. So even if the moon and sun agitate people, there is nothing we can do about that. So lets focus on what directly motivates people to kill others and not just what annoys people.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » July 9th, 2007, 12:06 am

well either than the bored mothafuckas that dont hve shit to do after schoo is done but shoot people..there are bored mothafuckas (no offence to any1) who hear bout shit think bout it n try to find a reason behind it thats more than the ave. real reason.....mmhhhmmh 4 murders in a few hours must be jupiters moon facin us or somthin

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » July 9th, 2007, 4:08 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:sup kingfear, mcminister

man what are you guys talking about what's the point of this full moon and heat talk

School's out and dumbasses can't think of anything better to do than act dumb is one thing, and two yes people are agitated by heat but you think that's to blame for this? I feel hot so I'm gonna kill someone today?

1. Full moons are stories.
2. Let's assume that the heat and full moons did agitate people. Is this a direct motivation for murder? Is that rational, that I feel hot and the moon is out so I'm gonna kill someone? Or was it I was out late last night and was already living a reckless and immoral lifestyle and killed someone?
2. So even if the moon and sun agitate people, there is nothing we can do about that. So lets focus on what directly motivates people to kill others and not just what annoys people.
I dont think anyone was saying that the moon directly motivates someone to kill another person. At least I wasnt. All I was saying that there have been studies that have proven the cycles of the moon and human behavior are correlated.

philip691

Unread post by philip691 » July 10th, 2007, 8:48 pm

Christina Marie wrote:
LcBwC wrote:^^^There have actually been studies that support the moon cycles and human behavior changing with it.
The moon affects the tides and then it goes to reason that we are comprised of 50% + water that it might just affect us too. I also personally know that my monthly cycle goes with the cycle of the moon.
WTF! TMI

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » July 11th, 2007, 8:17 am

I bet most of it has to do with drinking to much and men being macho trying to prove there gangsterness

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » July 11th, 2007, 12:22 pm

Mcminister wrote:woow^^ a lil too much
As if I care :lol: