Surenos shoot 6-year old black boy in Harbor Gateway

For news related to any city in Los Angeles County area read here.
VALERO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Surenos shoot 6-year old black boy in Harbor Gateway

Unread post by VALERO » March 4th, 2008, 11:58 pm

Boy, 6, shot in head in Harbor Gateway area

This racial shit has to STOP! I know blacks are greatly outnumbered, but Mexican gangs and La Eme are acting like the KKK when it comes to black people. I know black gangs have attacked and killed innocent Mexicans, but it seems like Mexicans are 3 times as likely to do it against blacks than vice-versa, and Mexican gangs have been doing it for a longer time also. Yo foo, I think this is the story you were talking about that you saw on the news when you commented on the killing of the black football star by the two Surenos.

The victim's family was driving through the neighborhood, known for racial tensions between Latino gangs and black residents. He is in critical condition.
By Richard Winton and Victoria Kim, Los Angeles Times Staff Writers
March 5, 2008
A 6-year-old black boy was critically wounded Tuesday when he was shot in the head by suspected Latino gang members as the victim's family drove through the Harbor Gateway neighborhood on their way to an auto auction, Los Angeles Police Chief William J. Bratton said.

Two Latino males flashed gang signs before opening fire on the red GMC Yukon with six people inside, including a woman who is eight months pregnant, Bratton said. The rear window of the SUV was shattered by the gunfire, and one of the rounds hit the boy in the head, he said.

The victim was rushed by paramedics to Harbor-UCLA Medical Center after the shooting, which occurred about 12:40 p.m. on 227th Street between Halldale and Denker avenues, police said. The boy was listed in critical condition.

The shooting caps several weeks of violent incidents believed to involve gangs around Los Angeles County that have sparked both fear and anger in some neighborhoods. Earlier this week, a Los Angeles High School football player was gunned down in what authorities described as an unprovoked attack by gang members. Last week, a gang member opened fire at a bus stop in South Los Angeles, wounding eight people, including five children. Before that, a gun battle between LAPD officers and gang members outside a Glassell Park school caused much of the community to be locked down for hours.

Some -- but not all -- of the incidents involved violence between blacks and Latinos.

As of Saturday night there had been 67 homicides reported in the city since Jan. 1, compared with 54 for the same period last year, an increase of 24%, according to the LAPD. But violent crime in general continues a downward trend, with 5.1% fewer incidents reported so far this year.

Police said the family of the victim in Tuesday's shooting was not from the Harbor Gateway neighborhood, which is known for racial tensions between Latino gangs and black residents. Other passengers inside the vehicle were a man and a woman and two other children, ages 3 and 1 1/2 .

There were no other reported injuries, police said.

Police cordoned off two blocks Tuesday afternoon as they launched a massive search for the two suspects, one described as between the ages of 28 and 30, heavyset, wearing a white T-shirt and black pants; the other, between ages 16 and 20, with a shaved head and possibly a mustache, wearing blue jeans and riding a racing bicycle.

Bratton did not say whether the suspects had ties to a specific gang, but he noted that the neighborhood is home to the East Side Torrance gang. "This is an area that is under the influence of a Latino gang," Bratton said. "You may recall that about a year or so ago, the mayor and I were engaged in a major initiative up the street at 204th Street, where there had been the shooting death of a young black woman."

Bratton was referring to the killing of 14-year-old Cheryl Green in December 2006. Two members of the 204th Street gang allegedly shot Green as she stood talking with friends.

The suspects were later caught and charged with murder, along with a special hate crime allegation. They are still awaiting trial.

Both shootings occurred in the narrow strip of land known as Harbor Gateway, which connects the bulk of Los Angeles and the harbor communities.

Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa joined Bratton at an afternoon news conference to discuss the latest shooting. He noted that there had been several apparently unprovoked gang attacks in recent weeks.

"What's been particularly disturbing is the sensational nature of some of these incidents," Villaraigosa said. "It was people minding their own business. . . . That's what causes even more concern. This wasn't a gang battle."

Josefina Salazar, 40, who lives in the neighborhood with her two children, said residents live in constant fear of gang violence.

"We worry about our security here," she said. "But rent is so high there's no option to go anywhere else."

Salazar, who stood outside a house where several TV trucks were parked, said the mayor and police chief "say they're cleaning the city up, but then things like this happen again."

Another resident, who has lived in the neighborhood for three years and did not want to be identified, described the area as "gang infested" and pointed to the graffiti on a nearby driveway. He said his garage door also has been painted with graffiti.

"This place has no laws," he said. The police "never come to protect. They come to collect the dead."

The East Side Torrance and 204th Street gangs are longtime rivals. But they also are known for preying on black residents.

The shooting came a week after Los Angeles City Atty. Rocky Delgadillo obtained a preliminary gang injunction against 26 members of East Side Torrance and 204th Street.

The injunction bars the members from associating with one another in public within a designated Harbor Gateway "safety zone." Violators would face up to a year in jail, said Jeff Isaacs, head of the city attorney's criminal prosecutions.

In a declaration supporting Delgadillo's request against East Side Torrance, LAPD Sgt. Dan Robbins said the gang frequently targeted black residents with violence, harassment and racist graffiti.

"Every black person, but in particular black males, is a potential victim of EST violence and intimidation," wrote Robbins, the LAPD's expert on the two gangs.

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » March 5th, 2008, 1:33 pm

You know what gets me is that how the shooters can even live with themselves shooting an innocent child. They arent men. They are cowards.

VALERO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by VALERO » March 5th, 2008, 1:57 pm

Christina Marie wrote:You know what gets me is that how the shooters can even live with themselves shooting an innocent child. They arent men. They are cowards.
You're absolutely right Christina, plus they could have shot his mom who was pregnant and end up killing her and the baby she was carrying. Thank god she didn't get shot. I guess when racial hatred is involved, things like humanity towards children go out the window.

Here's a little good news-the police arrested two suspects in the shooting, even though they aren't sure if these are the guys who did the shooting.

2 arrested in child's shooting in Harbor Gateway

By Molly Hennessy-Fiske, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
8:14 AM PST, March 5, 2008
Los Angeles police arrested two suspects today in connection with the shooting of a 6-year-old boy wounded Tuesday as his family drove through the Harbor Gateway neighborhood on their way to an auto auction.

The suspects were arrested early this morning, according to police spokesman Richard French, but police have not released their names, and French could not say whether the pair fit descriptions police released Tuesday that identified them as Latino gang members.

Police Chief William J. Bratton and Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa are expected to release more details concerning the suspects during an 11 a.m. press conference at the Universal Hilton hotel, French said.

Bratton has said the attack began when two Latino males flashed gang signs before opening fire on the family's red GMC Yukon, which contained six people, including a woman who is eight months pregnant, Bratton said. The rear window of the SUV was shattered by the gunfire, and one of the rounds hit the boy in the head, he said.

tecate
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by tecate » March 5th, 2008, 6:09 pm

senseless cowardly acts by dumbassess

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » March 5th, 2008, 6:58 pm

These fools weren't even out 24 hours before being gaffled up by the system. What's really stupid about the whole is, they were free as two birds prior to the incident. They could have been chillin' with the homies over the weekend. They are finished, they'll get the book trown at them during sentencing as examples.

The non shooter is about to do major time over his dumbass friends mistake. Now he's caught up over dumb$h-it. How stupid is that? Does anyone not make their own decisions anymore?

Shooting a 6 year old? Now that's gangsta!

Who's next? There's a dumb fool around every corner dying to get thrown in prison FO' LIFE!

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 5th, 2008, 7:35 pm

Common Sense wrote:These fools weren't even out 24 hours before being gaffled up by the system. What's really stupid about the whole is, they were free as two birds prior to the incident. They could have been chillin' with the homies over the weekend. They are finished, they'll get the book trown at them during sentencing as examples.

The non shooter is about to do major time over his dumbass friends mistake. Now he's caught up over dumb$h-it. How stupid is that? Does anyone not make their own decisions anymore?

Who's next? There's a dumb fool around every corner dying to get thrown in prison FO' LIFE!
I feel you CM, but when you say shit like that who is it intended for? its obvious the gang culture has an inverted sense of principles and morality, and niggas out there buckin on people because of skin, hoods, fingers, etc. don't really give that much of a fuck about goin to the cage.

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » March 6th, 2008, 5:48 pm

Common Sense wrote:These fools weren't even out 24 hours before being gaffled up by the system. What's really stupid about the whole is, they were free as two birds prior to the incident. They could have been chillin' with the homies over the weekend. They are finished, they'll get the book trown at them during sentencing as examples.

Thats what I am saying. I am glad they caught them and I hope they get a gripppppp of time. Which they will because car to car is a serious enhancement on top of attempted murder. Also the childs age comes into play. Thats 25 to life right there +. They are fucked off.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » March 6th, 2008, 7:42 pm

6 damn counts of attempt murder ...Goddamn.

how dumb are u to think u gon do such a crime and not get caught for it...how brave is that.
a 6 year old, damn dats gangsta

this typa shit happens like everyday...sometimes i wonder where the fuck does all this gang/thug shit is gon take us....its clearly death or prison, bt i dono why ? after learnin from elder knuckle heads n all these stories...i dono why? why? foo'z still do it.......

dunkykong
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: dodge city

Unread post by dunkykong » March 7th, 2008, 10:06 am

so let me quess :? when they get to jail they will be considered OGs :?

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » March 7th, 2008, 3:59 pm

i don get life sometimes...i cant lie bein young and black in the hood, myself i wana be called OG, but i dono why...OG then wat...how come white kids wana be called CEO n black ,hespanic kids wana be called OG, damn i hate bein brought up in some wack environment sometimes...

coz its true u actualy feel more proud wen everybody is intimidated by u, and u glorify it and it seems okay, till u think buot it on ur own ..<-fuck it

anywayz i don think all this JAIL shit is workin, i think all thse senseless murderers shud have slave jobs in prison

junta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by junta » March 7th, 2008, 10:40 pm

Mcminister wrote:i don get life sometimes...i cant lie bein young and black in the hood, myself i wana be called OG, but i dono why...OG then wat...how come white kids wana be called CEO n black ,hespanic kids wana be called OG, damn i hate bein brought up in some wack environment sometimes...

coz its true u actualy feel more proud wen everybody is intimidated by u, and u glorify it and it seems okay, till u think buot it on ur own ..<-fu-- it

anywayz i don think all this JAIL shit is workin, i think all thse senseless murderers shud have slave jobs in prison
Top be perfectly honest, alot of the reasons why kids in the hood turn to shit is their parents. Black and Hispanic women love thugs! It aint no secret. Then their kids grow up around this shit and they wanna be thugs too. Its like a never ending cycle.

Just like Latino gang members have girls lined up to fuck specifically so they can produce more gang members, Blacks gang members do the same shit but to a lesser extent. I dont know what the fuck is wrong with these Black and Hispanic women these days. They contribute to this gang shit without giving a fuck.

I live in the ghetto out here in LA (I aint saying where because I value my life) and I see it all the time. Black and Latino women gravitating towards thugs that aint no good and these broads not recognizing the effect it could have on their offspring. Im sick of this shit.

Its like these hoes love the gang life until them bullets start flying.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » March 8th, 2008, 12:10 am

word....fo real man..hoes always in the middle of shit,....talkin all this shit....people say guns kill people....well in my opinion 40% of minority murders in the US have some typa trick involved

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » March 10th, 2008, 3:48 pm

Attempted murder and other charges were filed Friday against two reputed Latino gang members accused of shooting a black 6-year-old boy in Harbor Gateway.
Rightfully so.
Two black civil rights leaders criticized the District Attorney's Office, arguing that the crimes are inherently about hate.
Maybe so, but what about the select percentage of black fools blastin' on Latino's. That's just as hateful. So activists on any side need to condeem hate where ever it show's it's ugly head, even if it means you need to sort out your own people for doing the same thing.
Loyola Law School criminal law professor Laurie Levenson said that, despite the emotion of the case, prosecutors have the ethical duty of filing only what they can prove in court. "Each case has to be evaluated on its own merits," Levenson said. "Even when the community is upset, you just can't file charges unless there is evidence to support it."
Agreed
The family drove by Murillo and Torres three times as they were looking for the lot and, later, cars parked in the area with sale signs in the windows. The last time they passed by the pair, Murillo made hand gestures "consistent with gang signs and opened fire on the vehicle," Lonergan said.
Maybe this is where the paranoia kicked in.
After an intense manhunt, police officers - who credit members of the community for their help - arrested Murillo and Torres on Wednesday morning.
L.A. Communities are tired of this senseless rediculousness, and would rather see these individuals get scooped up so every one can live in peace. People go to work, many doing miserable jobs, so they can provide for their family, to only come home to BS raids and martial by the police, because of a few fools that don't even work. Some people may feel this is snitchin'.
Interesting debate a little while ago. Concerned Citizen VS. Snitch??
viewtopic.php?t=11316
They were each charged with three counts of attempted murder, five counts of assault with a firearm and one count of shooting at an occupied vehicle.
Not a good charge to have bestowed upon thee.
All the charges carry special allegations that the crimes were gang-related.
Which means in translation: They are about to get there arse's handed to the devil, in a gift wrapped hand basket.
If convicted of all the charges, Lonergan said the suspects are facing a "significant" amount of time in prison - possibly the rest of their lives.
Of course they are going to get convicted. The prosecutor's are practicing Kobe-style slam dunk shot's for the media right now.

Little Side Note:
Two fools putting work for the East Side Torrance (EST) Gang, basically I will kill for my homies and hood. I will sacrifice my life for my set. That's all fine and dandy, but what does all that work get you in return. Will EST send in their corporate attorney to defend you at trial. Will EST see to your family or kid while your going through the process. If convicted, will EST support you and send you quarterly package's for the rest of your life, for apprciation of your hard work for the set. Probably not, what will most likely happen is, we'll feel sorrow for you for a few months, maybe even a year, if we liked you, but soon after, it will be...Phuck Both Of Them! Life goes on. Only then will true loyalty surface, at that's probably from people you hurt the most, Your Family.

Link to original article
http://www.dailybreeze.com/crimeandcourts/ci_8491943

GahumExRx7126

Unread post by GahumExRx7126 » March 10th, 2008, 4:06 pm

shiets fucKed up

fucK ESkT

junta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by junta » March 11th, 2008, 8:20 pm

Common Sense wrote:
Attempted murder and other charges were filed Friday against two reputed Latino gang members accused of shooting a black 6-year-old boy in Harbor Gateway.
Rightfully so.
Two black civil rights leaders criticized the District Attorney's Office, arguing that the crimes are inherently about hate.
Maybe so, but what about the select percentage of black fools blastin' on Latino's. That's just as hateful. So activists on any side need to condeem hate where ever it show's it's ugly head, even if it means you need to sort out your own people for doing the same thing.
Loyola Law School criminal law professor Laurie Levenson said that, despite the emotion of the case, prosecutors have the ethical duty of filing only what they can prove in court. "Each case has to be evaluated on its own merits," Levenson said. "Even when the community is upset, you just can't file charges unless there is evidence to support it."
Agreed
The family drove by Murillo and Torres three times as they were looking for the lot and, later, cars parked in the area with sale signs in the windows. The last time they passed by the pair, Murillo made hand gestures "consistent with gang signs and opened fire on the vehicle," Lonergan said.
Maybe this is where the paranoia kicked in.
After an intense manhunt, police officers - who credit members of the community for their help - arrested Murillo and Torres on Wednesday morning.
L.A. Communities are tired of this senseless rediculousness, and would rather see these individuals get scooped up so every one can live in peace. People go to work, many doing miserable jobs, so they can provide for their family, to only come home to BS raids and martial by the police, because of a few fools that don't even work. Some people may feel this is snitchin'.
Interesting debate a little while ago. Concerned Citizen VS. Snitch??
viewtopic.php?t=11316
They were each charged with three counts of attempted murder, five counts of assault with a firearm and one count of shooting at an occupied vehicle.
Not a good charge to have bestowed upon thee.
All the charges carry special allegations that the crimes were gang-related.
Which means in translation: They are about to get there arse's handed to the devil, in a gift wrapped hand basket.
If convicted of all the charges, Lonergan said the suspects are facing a "significant" amount of time in prison - possibly the rest of their lives.
Of course they are going to get convicted. The prosecutor's are practicing Kobe-style slam dunk shot's for the media right now.

Little Side Note:
Two fools putting work for the East Side Torrance (EST) Gang, basically I will kill for my homies and hood. I will sacrifice my life for my set. That's all fine and dandy, but what does all that work get you in return. Will EST send in their corporate attorney to defend you at trial. Will EST see to your family or kid while your going through the process. If convicted, will EST support you and send you quarterly package's for the rest of your life, for apprciation of your hard work for the set. Probably not, what will most likely happen is, we'll feel sorrow for you for a few months, maybe even a year, if we liked you, but soon after, it will be...#%@& Both Of Them! Life goes on. Only then will true loyalty surface, at that's probably from people you hurt the most, Your Family.

Link to original article
http://www.dailybreeze.com/crimeandcourts/ci_8491943
Damn good post Common Sense. Once a gang member catches a case, its on to recruting the next fool. Dudes always talking about homey this , homey, that. But in the end nobody gives a shit about you but yourself and your parents (if they are good parents that is).

tntsentinel

Re: Surenos shoot 6-year old black boy in Harbor Gateway

Unread post by tntsentinel » April 26th, 2008, 9:47 pm

VALERO wrote:Boy, 6, shot in head in Harbor Gateway area

This racial shit has to STOP! I know blacks are greatly outnumbered, but Mexican gangs and La Eme are acting like the KKK when it comes to black people. I know black gangs have attacked and killed innocent Mexicans, but it seems like Mexicans are 3 times as likely to do it against blacks than vice-versa, and Mexican gangs have been doing it for a longer time also.
It does seem that way because it's true. I'm sure there was always racial tension though it may have been barely visible, but when the crips (i forgot watt set) robbed the nexicans (forgot the gang and the set) of their drugs (forgot the drug), thats watt really sparked it, and so the blacks didn't really mean it to be racially motivated, but they saw a big money opportunity that happened to involve mexicans and this of course, made mexican gang members angry, like some dude messin with ur female cousin and u hate him for doin it, and then eventually u hate his whole family, and this would make the family u hate, hate ur family too.In L.A, you'll see "fuck niggers" all over mexican territory

junta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Surenos shoot 6-year old black boy in Harbor Gateway

Unread post by junta » April 27th, 2008, 1:20 am

tntsentinel wrote:
VALERO wrote:Boy, 6, shot in head in Harbor Gateway area

This racial shit has to STOP! I know blacks are greatly outnumbered, but Mexican gangs and La Eme are acting like the KKK when it comes to black people. I know black gangs have attacked and killed innocent Mexicans, but it seems like Mexicans are 3 times as likely to do it against blacks than vice-versa, and Mexican gangs have been doing it for a longer time also.
It does seem that way because it's true. I'm sure there was always racial tension though it may have been barely visible, but when the crips (i forgot watt set) robbed the nexicans (forgot the gang and the set) of their drugs (forgot the drug), thats watt really sparked it, and so the blacks didn't really mean it to be racially motivated, but they saw a big money opportunity that happened to involve mexicans and this of course, made mexican gang members angry, like some dude messin with ur female cousin and u hate him for doin it, and then eventually u hate his whole family, and this would make the family u hate, hate ur family too.In L.A, you'll see "fu-- niggers" all over mexican territory
Very true sentinel. But yall gotta realize, when you steal from somebody that shows you dont respect that person and the natural reaction to getting jacked is anger and rage.

robisgangsta1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: somewhere

Re:

Unread post by robisgangsta1 » August 25th, 2008, 6:59 am

Christina Marie wrote:You know what gets me is that how the shooters can even live with themselves shooting an innocent child. They arent men. They are cowards.
speak the truth i mean i have more white friends then mexican i got nuthin against mexicans or nuthin but whites seems to get along with me more then mexicans when im around a mex i can tell alot of times he dont wanna be around me