Jamiel Shaw, murdered on March 2, 2008

For news related to any city in Los Angeles County area read here.
Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Jamiel Shaw, murdered on March 2, 2008

Unread post by Christina Marie » May 5th, 2008, 5:13 pm

The Shaw Family will be holding a special ceremony for Jamiel Jr. on Saturday, May 10 at noon at the very spot where Jamiel was shot dead on Fifth Avenue and 21st Street in Los Angeles.

http://www.johnandkenshow.com/archives/ ... -memorial/

I was listening to the John and Ken show today and Jamiel Shaw senior was on talking about how the deputy the is trying to make it out like Jamiel Jr. was in a gang. The foundation being that he had a "red" spiderman backpack. From what Sr. was saying he is being leaned on by the the's office and I believe he even said the mayor has visited his house. It appears that the powers that be want the focus taken off the fact that the shooter was an illegal immigrant and a gang member. I wish I could have listened to more of it. Anybody else catch this?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » May 12th, 2008, 12:49 am

I wrote an article about the gang allegations of Jamiel Shaw at:

http://www.streetgangs.com/magazine/050 ... flict.html
Attachments
jrip2.jpg
jrip2.jpg (3.37 KiB) Viewed 9809 times

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » May 12th, 2008, 5:00 pm

Yes you did and at this moment you are on the phone with the producer of the John and Ken Show KFI 640AM clarifying your article with them.

It will be interesting to hear what you have to say to these conservative attack radio high school graduates who came to notoriety over Davis's car tax.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » May 12th, 2008, 7:33 pm

alexalonso wrote:I wrote an article about the gang allegations of Jamiel Shaw at:

http://www.streetgangs.com/magazine/050 ... flict.html
Ok I am going to go read it now. I was listening to John and Ken today and they were talking about you sir. Jamiels mother was on was talking about something you presumably said at the memorial this weekend. They also read the email you sent in.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » May 12th, 2008, 7:33 pm

Old Shatterhand wrote:Yes you did and at this moment you are on the phone with the producer of the John and Ken Show KFI 640AM clarifying your article with them.

It will be interesting to hear what you have to say to these conservative attack radio high school graduates who came to notoriety over Davis's car tax.
Damn I missed that

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » May 12th, 2008, 9:58 pm

Old Shatterhand wrote:Yes you did and at this moment you are on the phone with the producer of the John and Ken Show KFI 640AM clarifying your article with them.

I dont mind going on anyone's show, but because a family is grieving their son's loss, I didn't want to go on a radio show to argue with a radio host about how and why their son was murdered. The producer Jason, said that I should come on the show to get "my 15 minutes of fame" and that "noone knows who you are" and at that point I was ready to get off the phone with John and Ken's producer (640 KFI). He was rude, kept calling me "dude" and the last thing he said was, if I did not come on the show at 5pm, he was going to make sure that they spin my article anyway they want, and that was the end of the conversation.

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » May 13th, 2008, 12:18 am

i caught some of that show.......

just so u know Alonso, you didnt come off as anything other then thoughtful and very well informed about the politics of gangs and their affiliates. All this even tho you werent even on the show !

i feel for jamal's father and grieve for his loss but he was definetly not true to himself or anyone listening with all his jibberish and blind defense of his son.

John and Ken couldnt find anything to directly attack Alonso with, instead they claimed that Alonso is part of some kind of coordinated effort from pro-illegal immigration groups attacking jamal's father because he's emphasizing that his son's killer is an illegal immigrant.
Which is ridiculous.. i dont know if their getting this idea from the fact that Alonso is puerto rican (which i didnt know but doesnt make a difference) or what.
I guess to them a puerto rican is just a stone's throw away from a mexican and there going to stick together.

I havent read Alonso's article but from the quotes i heard from john and ken, it sounded right on point on how things happen in areas with gangs. I think John and Ken are on a anti-illegal immigrant binge right now to raise ratings and thought this would be a great story to highlight how even a murder by an illegal is okay because of the attacks jamal's father is recieving..

their trying to use alonso as an example of these attacks on poor jamal's father...maybe jamal's father should read the article and think about it and come out and acknowledge it so that other youngsters dont fall into these situations. But then again that would be the right thing to do and that would be harder, i'm sure he's feeling much more avengful and important mingling with lawmakers and beingout in public with conservatives who dont give a shit about his son or any kid in a gang neighborhood but want to use this story for their own agenda... (john and ken)

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » May 13th, 2008, 4:35 am

If I can just make one point about that murder, was that it was not a racial killing - period.

I am not saying that the shooter was on myspace, i dont know, maybe he was, but if he was displaying this type of behavior on myspace, then he was doing more to where Pedro Espinoza, or the two guys Pedro was with knew something more. These guys didnt drive from their Alsace click of Eightteen street, over 2 miles away, to role up on 5th Ave to kill a random black person.

I dont put it pass a Chicano or an illegal Mexicans, but that is not how this murder went down.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » May 13th, 2008, 8:59 am

I appreciate your reply Alonso. I heard the entire episode. You handled it the right way exercising common sense and integrity as usual.

My take (e.g. opinion) on the matter is that these "exploit radio" talkshow hosts were setting you up. I'm just surmising this based on what I heard so take it just as an opinion; however, it did sound to me like their intention was to get Jamiel's grieving father on the line and pit him against you. Then, at some point, begin to scream/rage angrily at you as they do quite often to their "guests" on their show in defense of said grieving father making them appear to be the good guys on horses with shining armor and all that.

But they aren't good guys. In my opinion, they are radio hyenas that leave a trail of dead carcassas behind them as they go. Hopefully they have moved to another carcass by now.

It sounded to me like very little due diligence or attention was shown in preparing the story. They had no idea who you are referring to you as simply a blogger. If I heard correctly, it sounded like they took your position out of context and also insinuated that you had been "got to" and were part of some bigger picture regarding the pro-illegal movement (which was really strange because Jamiel's father was saying you were part of the anti-immigration movement).

This has very little to do with journalism and much more to do with trolling the media looking for stories to exploit and "bad guys" to attack for radio station ratings. If you have to take good guys and make them look like bad guys to get the job done: so be it.

Could you say that a couple atheist high school graduates get to be big shots because they have found a mean spirited radio show that entertains people?

I wish we, the people, owned the "airwaves". That is one change I would make to our capitalist system (which I do like capitalism just not uncontrolled capitalism). Just sweep aside all this obnoxious personality branding off the table for a whole new paradigm that allows the experts to go direct engaging John and Jane Q Public for much better results.

Until then though, we'll have to settle for overpaid bullys that don't do their homework properly I guess. My two cents.
alexalonso wrote:

I dont mind going on anyone's show, but because a family is grieving their son's loss, I didn't want to go on a radio show to argue with a radio host about how and why their son was murdered. The producer Jason, said that I should come on the show to get "my 15 minutes of fame" and that "noone knows who you are" and at that point I was ready to get off the phone with John and Ken's producer (640 KFI). He was rude, kept calling me "dude" and the last thing he said was, if I did not come on the show at 5pm, he was going to make sure that they spin my article anyway they want, and that was the end of the conversation.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » May 13th, 2008, 2:31 pm

alexalonso wrote:

Oh thats lovely of them. Your article speaks for itself so whatever......

adelantosro
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by adelantosro » May 13th, 2008, 8:36 pm

Sorry but I seem to see a little slight of hand here.

If the cops group people and label the incident as gang related because they live, play and talk on the same street it's a bad thing.

When the family claims no affiliation or association the press can twist the group as gang associates.

Now the cops say there is no gang association and the press is split on the topic. I trust the LAPD when they say Jamiel Shaw is not in the database as a criminal or gang member. I believe the father when he says his kid is a good kid. His grades and acceptance with sport support for college is good corroboration for that. I have little doubt the neighborhood thugs like him as he would have been an up and coming star in sports. MYSPACE as proof of anything??? get real. Look at many of the posers here and the other gang forums. All the tricky writing to show true thuggness, as if anything is edited out( upper/ lowercase and numbers mixed in). Most of the kids in my schools have serious gang affiliations according to myspace.

Jon and Ken or Bill Handle all have fun with the news. It is true the puff it up to get ratings. Then again they are standing behind the family against LAPD and The Mayor's office. Yes they are against Illegal Aliens. So am I. California is out Millions caring for them when they contribute only a fraction of the same with taxes from wages earned.

The real issue presented by the radio show is the fact a known gang member is released without any deportation due to red tape. Jamiel if any gang membership or affiliation did not do much as a member anymore then the accountants and lawyers are with the Angels. If a cop went to the same street and harassed Jamiel just because he was black and on a street with other known gang members he lived and played with as he grew up, the cop would be in the press and on paid admin leave.

Perspective..... A bad thing happened to a good person. A bad person took a life and we could have prevented the violence with more societal morals. Too many will criticize and theorize but how many will act. How many knew the shooter was due for deportation? How many watched and did not witness the shooting? How many have the political means to raise the victim’s family’s voice to cause a change? Does anyone really believe the shooter should not have been deported? Even if he might or will come back he should have been deported. This crime occurred within 2 days of release with several helping him commit the crime.

I say let the family grieve and if there is nothing good to say about the victim say nothing bad either. Innuendos and suggestions around causes that matter little only hurt the family more. This isn't a family holding a car wash with several other relatives in gangs. LAPD would be happy to call it a gang shooting and put it to rest but they could not.

I respect this forum and it has been very useful. If we are here to suppose and suggest possibilities we are no better than the Star or Enquirer.

Yes I too listened to the show. With a grain of salt it was not that bad.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » May 14th, 2008, 3:37 pm

I would give them an F for their performance, fail them for that story, and I'll tell you why. In my opinion, there was little in the way of research or due diligence shown; the journalistic professionalism was below what it should have been; there may have been outright false innuendos and inappropriate pressure placed on Alonso; etc...

How you thought it was not that bad is beyond me. Perhaps because Jaimel's father was on the show I guess. That was the only redeeming factor.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » May 14th, 2008, 3:39 pm

Again, in my opinion.

adelantosro
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by adelantosro » May 14th, 2008, 7:23 pm

They are just a couple of clowns...... Factually they have been talking with the dad and the LA cops often. No suggestions, no innuendos, just known verified facts. As much as I enjoyed reading Alonso's article he does suggest or imply gang affiliations by means of living in the same neighborhood. Little fact was presented and a lot of opinion.

The show got way out of hand later when Ken and Jon repeated Alonso claims to be an expert but denies the same. This is the two clowns looking for a reaction. It is not often the LAPD stands behind a family after a shooting. Both the the and the Executive staff has stood behind Jamiels family. I give a lot of respect to that.

Shatterhand... no disrespect to your opinion or Alonso's. I just think it is just an opinion compared to the facts Ken and Jon have been presenting daily on their show. Ken and Jon are not journalist by any means. They are closer to a Springer show on radio.

All I can pickup in the morning is crap radio with bad music or a lot of talk. I prefer the banter and rage given by KFI.

HiphopBlazer

Unread post by HiphopBlazer » May 15th, 2008, 12:36 am

I actually came upon the email concerning Jamal and read Alonso's article which was highly informative and shed alot of light. The medias portrayal of the situation is so twisted and im glad i got a better glimpse at the truth.

I for one know to many people like Jamal and with the words posted on his myspace it is not uncommon for what happened to him to happen. Was it wrong? yes, but it was not some murder that happened because he was an aspiring black football star. He had ties or at least wished he did and he paid the price by association. Such is the reason peeps must be careful who they associate with if u dont bang keep it cool give ur luv n keep pushing but when u choose to embrace the whole ck ek thing u have to deal with the negative effects.All in all sad 4 my city of lost angels.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » May 15th, 2008, 8:59 pm

For sure adelantosro. I respect your opinion and defend your right to it. And I do agree with a lot of what you say here.
adelantosro wrote:They are just a couple of clowns...... Factually they have been talking with the dad and the LA cops often. No suggestions, no innuendos, just known verified facts. As much as I enjoyed reading Alonso's article he does suggest or imply gang affiliations by means of living in the same neighborhood. Little fact was presented and a lot of opinion.

The show got way out of hand later when Ken and Jon repeated Alonso claims to be an expert but denies the same. This is the two clowns looking for a reaction. It is not often the LAPD stands behind a family after a shooting. Both the the and the Executive staff has stood behind Jamiels family. I give a lot of respect to that.

Shatterhand... no disrespect to your opinion or Alonso's. I just think it is just an opinion compared to the facts Ken and Jon have been presenting daily on their show. Ken and Jon are not journalist by any means. They are closer to a Springer show on radio.

All I can pickup in the morning is crap radio with bad music or a lot of talk. I prefer the banter and rage given by KFI.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » May 18th, 2008, 2:43 am

Attachments
img_4005.jpg
img_4005.jpg (96.29 KiB) Viewed 9817 times

kmcox
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Jamiel Shaw, murdered on March 2, 2008

Unread post by kmcox » June 5th, 2008, 2:48 am

I think ne black youth lookin like somewhat of a threat or thug would have been gunned down that day. Race and Sets is a cold combination. When different races and sets beef it turns from my set vs yours to my race vs yours and inncoent ppl that live there r targets because of the race in an enemys territory. its a conflicting issue!

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 12th, 2008, 8:06 pm

kmcox wrote:I think ne black youth lookin like somewhat of a threat or thug would have been gunned down that day. Race and Sets is a cold combination. When different races and sets beef it turns from my set vs yours to my race vs yours and inncoent ppl that live there r targets because of the race in an enemys territory. its a conflicting issue!

No, if you are wearing red, you claim a set, you make threats against the rivals, you have graffiti on your clothing, and you can get killed. We should be outraged by you and very one else who believes liek you that your life style as it relates to gangs is a very dangerous thing to play with.

In 12 years of 18th Street shooting at Bloods, or I should say 13 years, because they started with the Jungles first in 1995, but in 13 years of that , 18th Street has never approached an innocent bystander and shot them because they were black. it just NEVER has happened. Perhaps 18th Street doe not like blacks, who knows, every individual is different, but the gang as a whole does not like Bloods, ands unfortunately that is why the shooting occurred.

if this is something that you believe 18th does, just shoots blacks because the look "like somewhat of a threat or thug" you are going to have to give me examples of these victims. Dont just make a statement with no evidence to back it up.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » June 13th, 2008, 11:20 am

I disagree, seems like South Bay and the Avenues are not at war with bloods, but blacks.

Anyone ever find out a motive behind the latino that shot into the SUV and killed the baby... those women didn't bang

What about the lil girl who was killed by the mexican that had black blood in his family.. any new info

30 Piru and es13th street?

How about the latino kid (girl) that got smoked in the jungle? Any new info on that?

I think innocent people DO get killed by random acts of violence and racial hatred.. as I often say, "the writing is on the wall, literally." Anytime you see nigger killer or fuck mexicans the writer has stepped beyond the gang atmosphere and broadcasting both their ignorance and the racism brewing in that gang...

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 13th, 2008, 1:10 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:I disagree, seems like South Bay and the Avenues are not at war with bloods, but blacks.

Anyone ever find out a motive behind the latino that shot into the SUV and killed the baby... those women didn't bang

What about the lil girl who was killed by the mexican that had black blood in his family.. any new info

How about the latino kid (girl) that got smoked in the jungle? Any new info on that?

I think innocent people DO get killed by random acts of violence and racial hatred.. as I often say, "the writing is on the wall, literally." Anytime you see nigger killer or fu-- mexicans the writer has stepped beyond the gang atmosphere and broadcasting both their ignorance and the racism brewing in that gang...
those "nigger" and "hate mexicans" quotes on the walls are a manifestation of the gang conflict bringing out the worst in peoples racial and ethnic phobias. Although someone in the Jungles might write "f mexicans" those same people make no moves on the hundreds of Mexicans in the community.

You can find some "nigger" tags in 18th Street, but if you speak to the black folk that live in that same area, they feel no animosity or tensions from the Mexicans. Although those graffiti writings exist, for the most part the members are not following through on it.

But Yes, there are several examples of some hate killing, Cheryl Green (2006), perhaps the 49th Street shooting, Highland Park (1999,2000), but these killings are the exception, and not the rule.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » June 13th, 2008, 2:38 pm

And that is the point that I wanted to make; "these killings are the exception, but not the rule." So when you say there is always a motive for a murder you can't just act like innocent people or racial murders aren't happening.

It should be emphasized that you are speaking specifically on the Shaw Jr. murder and not speaking for the hundreds of other racist sabboges that the mayors office and city council wish to pretend don't exist.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » August 14th, 2008, 10:04 pm

photot
Attachments
angel_logo.jpg
angel_logo.jpg (67.31 KiB) Viewed 9285 times

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » September 2nd, 2008, 11:51 am

and the same thing goes on with the death of Eric Sims who played ball at Washington. a non banger who got shot up by Eses retaliating from gettin shot up at western and imperial.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » September 2nd, 2008, 2:49 pm

alexalonso wrote:
AllhoodPublications wrote:I disagree, seems like South Bay and the Avenues are not at war with bloods, but blacks.

I think innocent people DO get killed by random acts of violence and racial hatred.. as I often say, "the writing is on the wall, literally." Anytime you see nigger killer or fu-- mexicans the writer has stepped beyond the gang atmosphere and broadcasting both their ignorance and the racism brewing in that gang...
those "nigger" and "hate mexicans" quotes on the walls are a manifestation of the gang conflict bringing out the worst in peoples racial and ethnic phobias. Although someone in the Jungles might write "f mexicans" those same people make no moves on the hundreds of Mexicans in the community.

You can find some "nigger" tags in 18th Street, but if you speak to the black folk that live in that same area, they feel no animosity or tensions from the Mexicans. Although those graffiti writings exist, for the most part the members are not following through on it.

But Yes, there are several examples of some hate killing, Cheryl Green (2006), perhaps the 49th Street shooting, Highland Park (1999,2000), but these killings are the exception, and not the rule.
Most of them are SALS, Alonso : |. Or Mexicans in MS.