Alonso goes head up with Larry Elder?

For news related to any city in Los Angeles County area read here.
AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Alonso goes head up with Larry Elder?

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » May 14th, 2008, 7:03 pm

I haven't heard the radio show yet, but I heard Alonso was holding his own and very impressive.

Post a link...

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » May 17th, 2008, 1:58 pm

Alex Alonso definetly held his own. Its really no suprise, Alex is a smart man.

Heres what i think turned out to be the hot topic and i'm glad Alex was the one person to finally break Elder off with some real talk.

Larry Elder bascially blamed black's, hispanics, and other minorities' problems on un-wed mothers and welfare. Well he blamed welfare for created the problem of single parent homes and then this breakdown in family structure created the problem of gangs.
Thats always been Larry Elders' one liner really, Alex came in with the real explaining to Elder that theres way more to that. Im not going to go into detail and re-cap everything that i heard but Alex made some great points that counters a the silly notion that welfare created all of black people's problems.
Thats an incredibly simplistic statement. Blacks are human beings as diverse as whites... ! ! This must be news to Larry Elder, even though he's black himself.

Here's something i wish someone would explain to Elder when he's baffled by why blacks are so prone to violence and why they dont value education:

Blacks are attracted to the street huslte mentality because they have been historically discriminated against in all straight and narrow forms of obtaining income. They know that a guy out on the street is not worried about being turned down for jobs or not having to kiss some white man's ass so he can keep that job.
Blacks have had trouble finding and maintaining jobs and getting ahead... that created an anti social feeling within blacks where they just said F--- it and glorified their own version of getting ahead. Its a psychological defense mechanism.
And of course the streets are not a safe place and violence is part of that world, a guy whos not afraid and will use violence will most likely be more succesfull on the street. This is why blacks became more prone to violence.

Larry Elder of course blames welfare, he thinks welfare created the mentality of huslting and violence in the black community.
And if he does address the signifigance of racism and the problems that we have today he'll say that well, that was a long time ago when racism was more or less institutionalized. He'll say blacks have been "free" for long time now. He wont admit to any racism that exists today, and if he does he'll just say that the 'free market' will take care of them... he never addresses the toll that takes on a person psyche.
Im sorry but me as a human being if i am mistreated or discriminated against because of how i look then thats going to affect me, all the more if the person mistreats me based on my race and that person is white and i know that its whites who pretty much hold the keys... they might hold the keys or not, thats up for debate.. but the perception is there.. and just the mere fact that theres more white people in America makes the possibility of a white person being the perosn u will be interviewed for a job by or any other social situation adds to that perception.

Larry Elder doesn't want to talk about this because he's some kind of robot and he has no feelings. He thinks life is one big free market economy and all humans are its employees. Sorry , but no its not

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » May 17th, 2008, 2:53 pm

Thanks for sharing..

Props to Alonso..

Who's next Alonso?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » May 21st, 2008, 3:41 pm

Larry Elder was quite respectful, even though we disagreed on root causes to our problem of violence in communities of color.

In a nut shell Larry believes that the welfare state from the 1940s that began giving handouts to poor people, transformed the cultural value system of those that depended on the government for financial support.

I argue that drugs in the community, the the increasing unemployment which began around the same time the welfare state processes started, has slowly destroyed these communities.

Prior to WW2, many of these problems were not prevalent in the black community, and the family was also stronger. About 25% of blacks were born out of wedlock as opposed to 70% today, there were more jobs available (with the exception of the Great Depression), and there were less drugs coming into the US.

Maybe there is truth to both theories, because you cant ignore the impact that the welfare state has had ob blacks until Clinton reformed it in 1996.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » May 22nd, 2008, 4:20 pm

Missed it. Link requested.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » May 23rd, 2008, 1:43 pm

I've had these discussions with Mangler in the past, and mangler shares Elders views. Over time, I learned and agree with alot of mangler views. They are valid.

With that said, I agree with YOUR view on this. thus, I totally agree with your conclusion as well, you BOTH have valid points.