Another Idiot Donates His Soul To The State OF Kali-forn-ya?

For news related to any city in Los Angeles County area read here.
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Another Idiot Donates His Soul To The State OF Kali-forn-ya?

Unread post by Common Sense » August 13th, 2004, 8:55 am

ORVIS CAMILLO ANTHONY....IDIOT OF THE WEEK
(I guess he had nothing else better to do)

Man, 19, charged in officer's killing

A 19-year-old man was charged Thursday with murdering an off-duty Los Angeles County police captain who was taking a pre-dawn bicycle ride.

Orvis Camillo Anthony, 19, of Gardena pleaded not guilty to one count each of murdering and attempting to rob Capt. Michael Sparkes, 53, commander of security at the county's Harbor-UCLA Medical Center.

The murder charge was filed as a potential death penalty case, but the District Attorney's Office said prosecutors had not decided whether to seek death or life in prison.

Anthony, alleged to be a gang member, was also charged with one count of attempted robbery.

Prosecutors also alleged four so-called special circumstances with the murder count: street gang murder, murder during an attempted robbery, murder during a drive-by shooting and murder of a peace officer. Another special circumstance alleged that both criminal counts involved street terrorism.

Sparkes was riding his bike in South Los Angeles about 5:30 a.m. Tuesday when he was confronted by two men, authorities said. One of the men was armed with an AK-47 assault rifle and there was an exchange of gunfire. Sparkes died at the medical center.

Anthony was arrested later Tuesday.

Pepito_That_Ese
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: Another Idiot Donates His Soul To The State OF Kali-forn

Unread post by Pepito_That_Ese » August 13th, 2004, 12:21 pm

Thats a fucked up story, but why the killer is charged with murder of a peace officer, he was off-duty so he probably didnt know the man was a cop. Anyway they're quick to find the killer when a cop is shot...

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Conman » August 13th, 2004, 12:30 pm

Two lives now gone.........

dopekid127
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dopekid127 » August 13th, 2004, 6:26 pm

true true pepito...someone get shot, take awhile to find the killer..they find the person...but it takes awhile or not found at all.....cops get shot...same night that person gets caught....das messed up

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » August 15th, 2004, 9:24 pm

Two more Jack Ass's as of today are in escrow for Kali 4orn ya. It really amazes me how many young people are shipped up north on Bull-Shyt for a lifetime hitch. Just in case you haven't noticed Chief Bratton has been putting in major work since he's come to the city of Angels. Don't get caught up.

Two men fatally shot at LA's Venice Beach
Sunday August 15, 2004

LOS ANGELES (AP) Two people were killed in a drive-by shooting that shattered the tranquility at the popular and crowded Venice Beach on Sunday.

Police said another shooting a few hours later, and about 10 miles away, may have been connected.

The names of the victims and suspects were not immediately released.

In Venice, three men driving in a burgundy car pulled up along side a blue vehicle just before 1 p.m. and shot and killed the two men inside the other car before speeding away, police Officer Don Cox said.

A third person was critically injured and was taken to a hospital.

Two suspects were arrested minutes later several miles south of the Venice shooting, Cox said. Detectives were searching for a third suspect.

The victims had no weapons in their car but did have paint that detectives believe may have been intended for ``tagging,'' or graffiti, Det. Mike Depasquale told KNBC-TV.

He estimated about 40,000 people were in a four-block vicinity of the shooting, either on the beach or strolling in the neighborhood.

Around 3 p.m., another man was killed east of the earlier shooting when two men ran up to his car and fired inside. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene. Witnesses described three suspects driving a Black Honda Civic, police said, but no arrests were immediately made.

Cox said police are investigating whether the two shootings were related.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » August 27th, 2004, 4:22 pm

CRAIGEN LEWIS ARMSTRONG.........IDIOT OF THE WEEK.
WHO'S NEXT?????????

Murder Conviction for L.A. Gang Member

LOS ANGELES — A gang member was convicted today for the September 2001 shooting deaths of three brothers, two of whom may have been lured into a trap while trying to find their sibling's killer.
The eight-man, four-woman jury will return to the downtown Criminal Courts Building on Sept. 16 to begin hearing prosecution evidence that Craigen Lewis Armstrong should die for his crimes. The jury could instead recommend that he be sent to prison for life without parole.

Armstrong, 23, was convicted of first-degree murder for killing Christopher Florence, on Sept. 27, 2001, and killing his brothers, Michael and Torry, three days later in Inglewood.

They were shot to death after receiving a call from someone who claimed to have information about their brother's killing.

"My sons can now rest," Brenda Florence said after the jury's verdict. "They can now rest because he was found guilty, and I am so thankful to God for that."

"Today, we're just really, really overwhelmed because the justice system does not fail. Everyone should believe in it. All you have to do is push it. I didn't have to. It worked for me."

The widow, whose husband died eight years ago, said the trial was "a nightmare, having to sit and listen to what someone has done to your children when you don't have criminals yourself for children."

"This is a hurt and a mark in my life that will stay with me until the day I leave this world," she said.

"I had the ultimate hurt. You can lose a lot of things in your life, but when you lose a child or children, as I have -- he didn't only kill my children, he killed my (surviving) son and me as well. The only thing that separates us from death is that we're grieving, and that's it. We died in September 2001 also."

Her son Brian said he is hopeful the jury will recommend a death sentence for his brothers' killer.

The defendant's mother, whose eyes welled after the verdict, called it "a sad situation."

"I feel for the mother of her boys not being here. But, on the other hand, I believe my son and the jury just didn't believe him," Jennifer Armstrong told reporters.

"Well, I'm a mother, and it's a hurting feeling for me inside. But I can't stress again, you know, I trust in the Lord fully. And he's going to mend my heart and everybody else's heart that was in this situation," she said when asked her reaction to the verdict.

Along with the murder count, jurors found true the special circumstance allegations of multiple murders, murder during a drive-by shooting and murder carried out to further the activities of a criminal street gang.

"They (were) obviously trying to figure out who killed their brother" when they were gunned down, Deputy District Attorney Sean Hassett told jurors during his closing argument.

All three brothers were killed with the same gun, the prosecutor told the panel.

Jurors also convicted Armstrong of two attempted murder charges for the Sept. 30, 2001, shooting, and a half-dozen other charges involving an attack on an ex-girlfriend.

Jurors spent about 6 1/2 days considering the case against Armstrong, who has been jailed without bail since his Oct. 2, 2001, arrest.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » August 27th, 2004, 4:52 pm

***Let me get this straight. You were with your boy Orvis....and you guys decided to go way...out your way and mess with that off duty police officer...because you two geniuses thought he was a mark. Now both of you two idiots are looking at the death penalty after you both rot on death row for 15 years...How stoooooooopid is that.

Second alleged gang member charged in slaying of L.A. county officer

Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - A suspected gang member who is believed to be the triggerman in the slaying of an off-duty Los Angeles County police captain was charged with murder Wednesday.

Miguel Angel Magallon, 21, was charged in an amended complaint that also served as an arrest warrant. Magallon is hospitalized with bullet wounds he is believed to have suffered in a shootout with the slain officer.

He is the second person to be charged with the slaying of Capt. Michael Sparkes, who was shot to death Aug. 10 during an early morning bike ride. Sparkes, 53, was commander of security at the county's Harbor-UCLA Medical Center.

Magallon and Orvis Camilo Anthony, 19, of Gardena, are each charged with one count of murder and one count of attempted robbery. Anthony has pleaded innocent.

The criminal complaint filed Wednesday alleged that Magallon used an assault rifle to commit the crimes.

The murder charges against both include the so-called special circumstances of murder of a police officer; murder during an attempted robbery; murder during a drive-by shooting and being a street gang member. Another special circumstance alleges that both criminal counts involved street terrorism.

The district attorney's office said prosecutors would wait until the case moves closer to trial before deciding to whether to seek the death penalty or life in prison without parole.

Authorities said Sparkes was riding his bike about 5:30 a.m. when he was confronted by two men. One of the men was armed with an AK-47 assault rifle and gunfire was exchanged. Sparkes died at the medical center and Magallon was wounded.

Anthony was arrested a short time after the shooting. He is scheduled to return to court next month for the scheduling of a preliminary hearing.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » August 28th, 2004, 9:14 pm

Juan Serna 26 looking at multiple life sentces. I'm sure he will get at least one of em'.

Alleged gang member convicted in shooting of NFL player
Nov. 25, 2003

PASADENA, Calif. (AP) A reputed gang member was convicted of attempted murder in connection with a drive-by shooting that wounded Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Dennis Weathersby.

Juan Serna, 26, of Baldwin Park, was found guilty by a jury of trying to murder Weathersby and a second man. Serna also was convicted of two counts of shooting from a motor vehicle and a count of being a felon in possession of a firearm.

Serna faces multiple life terms at his sentencing, scheduled for Dec. 17.

Weathersby was getting into his car April 20 when several alleged gang members in a white sport utility vehicle drove up and opened fire at him in an unincorporated area near his hometown of Duarte, authorities said.

Serna mistook the two victims for gang members, said Deputy District Attorney Steve Lopez. Weathersby was hit by a bullet that entered his back below his lungs, passed through his torso and lodged in his upper left arm. His friend escaped injury.

The former Oregon State star had been expected to be a first- or second-round draft pick in the NFL draft. Instead, he was picked in the fourth round by the Bengals.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » August 30th, 2004, 11:32 am

JOSE MIQUEL RODRIQUEZ CONVICTED...........................LIFE.

SAN DIEGO – A man involved in the killing of a young woman to keep her from testifying against a fellow gang member was sentenced Wednesday to life in prison without parole.

Jose Miguel Rodriguez, 20, was convicted June 10 of first-degree murder, with a special circumstance allegation of killing a witness, for the death of Marcia "Ariel" Lucero, 21.

According to the evidence, Rodriguez drove Victor Rodriguez – no relation – to Lucero's house the night of Feb. 7, 2003.

Victor lured the victim from her residence and shot her twice in the head as she sat in her car, prosecutor Michael Runyon said, 11 days before she was to testify against Victor's brother, Geraldo Ojito.

Ojito was eventually convicted of shooting into a car loaded with rival gang members on Sept. 13, 2002, an attack that left a teenager blind in one eye.

Lucero was in the car with Ojito that night, and he became upset because she was cooperating with police, Runyon said.

Defense attorney Frank Puglia argued to a judge that the murder conviction against the defendant should be reduced because Jose had no idea what Victor was going to do the night Lucero was killed.

"The worst case scenario on this is a second-degree murder," Puglia told Superior Court Judge John Davidson.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » August 30th, 2004, 11:49 am

This is an old case but I feel it's a good one to remind young white supremist what can happned if you get caught up.

SKINHEAD CONVICTED ON ANTI GANG LAW.

Man receives life for hate attacks: The Fair Oaks resident committed two racially motivated assaults

Sacramento Bee/September 22, 2001
By Ramon Coronado

Described as a scapegoat by his lawyer and a racist monster by his victims, Joshua Mark Gilmore was sentenced Friday to two life terms in prison for two racially motivated attempted murders.

The 25-year-old Fair Oaks man, found guilty in July of the crimes by a Sacramento Superior Court jury, also was convicted under a special enhancement used for street gangs to invoke tougher sentences. In this case, the jury said his hate crimes were committed to benefit the local chapter of the World Church of the Creator, a white supremacist organization. He will be 40 before he is eligible for parole.

Gilmore showed a range of emotion as a half-dozen people spoke during the two-hour sentencing hearing. He cried when his mother talked about her son not being able to hold his 11-month-old daughter.

He sneered when his prosecutor described his "ignorant belief in superiority." He chuckled when the judge proclaimed his two life sentences, knowing he can only serve one term.

Gilmore, whose arms, chest and back are covered with neo-Nazi tattoos, was convicted of the July 3, 1997, beating of Jeff Almon, 16. Almon was mistaken for a member of an anti-racist skinhead group and severely beaten. The Del Campo High School student was in a coma for five of the 15 days he was hospitalized.

Gilmore also was convicted for the mob attack of Andrew Harris, 22, at a now-defunct Citrus Heights cafe four months after the Almon assault. Ten men swarmed Harris after also mistaking him for a rival skinhead member. Harris, who was stabbed 20 times, lost the use of his left lung. Although Gilmore had accomplices, some agreed to testify against him in state court.

Richard Molinare and James Merrill, both 23, were charged in federal court with firebombing a Fair Oaks apartment building. Merrill received 51 months in federal prison and Molinare received an eight-year sentence. Molinare, who admitted throwing most of the blows in the Almon beating, is scheduled to be sentenced Friday in state court to nine years for his role in that case.

"It is wrong to put my client in prison for the rest of his life when others who had the same involvement will be out in a few years," Gilmore's lawyer, Danny Williams, told the judge.

Judge Ronald B. Robie said he had nothing to do with the plea deals, but said he was struck by the age of Gilmore and his friends. "They were all kids. They met each other in high school," Robie said. "It was in high school that the seeds were sown for this tragedy."

In a letter to the judge, Almon wrote that his physical injuries have healed, but he still copes with psychological wounds. "Commonplace for me since my assault have been nightmares, paranoia, self-doubt, and trouble connecting with friends," he wrote.

His mother, Marlene Gerrard, said, sobbing, "Many days I drove home from work praying I wouldn't find him a victim of suicide." Gilmore's mother also cried as she pleaded for her son. "This is the land of second chances. My son deserves that opportunity," Robin Gilmore said.

Others talked about how Gilmore was a victim of associating with the wrong crowd. Williams said his client was wrongly suspected for hate crimes in Sacramento three years ago and is now a scapegoat for the terrorist attacks in New York and outside Washington, D.C., a week ago.

"Society wanted a scapegoat for the burning of the synagogue bombings back then and society today wants a scapegoat for what happened last week," he said.

Deputy District Attorney Scott Divine read from a white supremacist book found in Gilmore's home and said Gilmore "marketed himself as a billboard for hate," noting his tattoos.

Gilmore remained silent during sentencing, but he did write a letter read by his attorney. "The only thing fair about life is that life is unfair to everybody," Gilmore wrote.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » September 4th, 2004, 10:39 am

Robert Adams, Robert Wood and Eric Wells...members of the West Side Crips (WSC) Gang in San Diego.

CONVICTED.........July 2004

Adams donated 25 1/2 years, Wood donated 25 years, and Wells donated 30 years in Federal Prison.

*conspiring to put in work on another gang.

The Details:
http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/cas/pr/cas40609.1.pdf

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » September 4th, 2004, 3:38 pm

I like the way you use the word donate. It really makes a point. If you donated 25 years to the educational system you could be running the prison not living in it.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » September 13th, 2004, 1:54 pm

Gang Member Pleads Guilty In Teen's Stabbing Death

Glendale Gangmember's Karen Terteryan 21, donates 23 years IN PRISON. Anait Msryan 18...donates 7 years in CYA.

ASSOCIATED PRESS
9:45 p.m. July 7, 2004

LOS ANGELES – A gang member pleaded guilty Wednesday to fatally stabbing a 17-year-old boy outside a high school during a Cinco de Mayo celebration four years ago.
Advertisement

Karen Terteryan, 21, pleaded guilty to one count of voluntary manslaughter and one count of street terrorism. He also admitted using a knife to stab Raul Aguirre in benefit of a street gang.

Superior Court Judge Michael Johnson sentenced Terteryan to 23 years and eight months in state prison. He will not be eligible for a parole hearing until he has served at least 85 percent of the sentence, said Deputy District Attorney Darrell Marvis.

Co-defendant Rafael Gevorgyan, 19, is due back in court Monday for a non-jury trial before Johnson.

Terteryan and Gevorgyan were convicted last November of assault with a deadly weapon, but the jury deadlocked on a murder charge stemming from the May 5, 2000 attack on Aguirre.

In last year's trial, prosecutors argued that Terteryan swung a knife at a rival gang member in front of Hoover High School in Glendale moments before stabbing Aguirre. Gevorgyan was accused of wielding a tire iron against Aguirre and hitting him in the head twice.

The juveniles were charged as adults with murder and faced life in prison.

A third defendant, Anait Msryan, 18, pleaded guilty last year to attempted murder and testified for the prosecution. Msryan is serving a seven-year sentence with the California Youth Authority.

Aguirre, a Hoover High senior, was trying to help a former student who was involved in a fight with some of the defendants when he was killed. The victim was not a gang member.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » September 20th, 2004, 9:13 pm

17-Year-Old Gang Member Sent to Prison for Life for Hate Crime Murders

Summer 2004

POMONA – A 17-year-old alleged gang member convicted of the hate crime murders of two African-American men in Pomona was sent to prison today for the remainder of his life, the District Attorney’s office announced.

Deputy District Attorney Michael Camacho of the Hardcore Gang Division said Pomona Superior Court Judge Charles E. Horan sentenced Tony Barron to two life-without-parole terms plus 110-years to life for the attempted murder of a third African-American man. All terms are to run consecutively.

Noting the youth of the defendant, who was charged at 16 as an adult for the crimes, Camacho said, "He’ll have a long time to think about what he did."

A jury in Judge Horan’s court convicted Barron on March 19 of two counts of first-degree murder with the special circumstances of hate crime murder and multiple murder. Allegations that the murders were gang crimes also were found true by the jury. In addition, the defendant was convicted of the attempted murder a victim who survived the July 2003, shootings in Pomona. The victims allegedly were shot because they were in territory claimed by Barron’s gang, authorities said.

Killed in the shootings were Desmond Boykins, 20, who was shot to death along Alameda Avenue in Pomona on July 5, 2003. Antaun Wheatly, 21, was killed along Holt Avenue on July 10, 2003. A friend of Wheatly’s, Mark Dolan, was wounded, but survived.

The jury was unable to reach a verdict on two 2001 murders that were charged against Barron, Camacho said. He said the defendant was accused of the Dec. 15, 2001, fatal shootings of a tagger, Jose Yanez, 19, and an innocent bystander, Carmen Leautaud-Garcia, 53. The shooting, allegedly spurred by Yanez crossing out gang graffiti, was in a Pomona alley.

When Barron originally was charged last year, he had a co-defendant – Salvador Alcala, 20, a friend of the defendant who was charged with being an accessory after the fact. The accessory charge was dismissed in January and Alcala testified against Barron during last month’s trial.

over it
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by over it » September 20th, 2004, 9:29 pm

damn

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » October 28th, 2004, 8:35 pm

Boy, 17, Slain On Way To School By This Idiot*** Jason Robinson, age 24

San Diego
October 14, 2004

A gang member was convicted yesterday of murdering a 17-year-old special-education student witnesses say was "hunted down" in a Chollas View apartment complex and killed with a sawed-off shotgun.

Roy Spencer had been walking to school with friends when Jason Robinson, 24, apparently mistook the 6-foot-2-inch boy for a rival gang member.

Roy begged Robinson not to shoot and then ran through the complex banging on doors, pleading for someone to let him in. He was shot from about 10 feet away, then slumped to the ground in front of a closed door and died.

Robinson was found guilty of first-degree murder after a San Diego Superior Court jury deliberated for just three hours over the course of two days. He faces a mandatory sentence of 51 years to life in prison when sentenced at a hearing before Judge William Mudd. The sentencing is scheduled for Nov. 10.

Prosecutor Annette Irving told the jury during closing arguments Tuesday that Robinson's motivation was simple. She said he lived in a part of town associated with a Crip gang. Robinson had been a member of a rival Blood gang since his youth but had moved to the area the year before after getting out of prison. He moved there because that's where his wife and child resided.

In the weeks before the shooting, she said, Robinson's apartment had been shot at several times and his car had been pelted with rocks. Then, just 11 hours before the 7 a.m. shooting of Roy on Jan. 15, Robinson's uncle was shot at nine times while driving in his car. She said Robinson assumed the Crips were responsible because his uncle was also a Blood gang member.

The next morning, Roy and several other teens were walking in the Harbor View apartment complex when they saw a man dressed mostly in black standing near a gate not far from the trolley tracks.

Several of the boys testified that Robinson said three things to them. He identified the Blood gang sect he belonged to, asked what gang they claimed, and asked if they were "crabs," a derogatory term Bloods sometimes use to refer to Crips.

The man then raised a sawed-off shotgun and the boys scattered, running in different directions. Roy begged the man not to shoot him. The largest and slowest of the teens at 315 pounds, Roy ran into the complex and was chased by Robinson, witnesses testified. At one point, Robinson raised the gun and pulled the trigger, but nothing happened. He then methodically pulled out a shell from a pocket, reloaded, and killed Roy.

Irving told the jury Robinson didn't bother to cover his face because he was counting on the witnesses being too afraid to identify him.

Defense lawyer Gary Gibson argued to the jury witnesses made a mistake and identified the wrong person. He said Robinson had not been involved in the gang since getting out of prison and had never been particularly violent, even though he had served more than three years on an assault charge.

However, Irving reminded the jury that four witnesses identified Robinson and although the gun was never recovered, a photograph of Robinson holding a sawed-off shotgun while wearing gang colors was found in his apartment.

Robinson showed little emotion as the verdict was read, but did bury his head in his hands while waiting for the lawyers to arrive in court.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » January 11th, 2005, 7:04 pm

Common Sense wrote:CRAIGEN LEWIS ARMSTRONG.........IDIOT OF THE WEEK. See August 27th post

Death Sentence In Gang-Related Killing of Brothers

LOS ANGELES — A reputed gang member was sentenced to death Wednesday for killing three brothers, including two as they searched for their sibling's killer.
Craigen Lewis Armstrong, 23, was sentenced after a judge rejected motions to give him life in prison without parole or grant a new trial.

A jury convicted Armstrong of first-degree murder in August. Prosecutors said he gunned down Christopher Florence, 21, of Inglewood on Sept. 27, 2001, and three days later shot Torry and Michael Florence, 29 and 27.

picture of dumbazz (click here)
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/news/010505 ... tence.html

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » January 21st, 2005, 1:43 pm

Darrell Tittle, 26 (Gang member)gets 28 years (for being STUPID) for role in fatal 2003 brawl

By J. Harry Jones
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
January 14, 2005

A Lincoln Park gang member described by witnesses as one of the instigators of a fight in Mission Bay Park on Father's Day 2003 in which a man was fatally shot has been sentenced to 28 years in prison.

Darrell Tittle, 26, who was convicted Oct. 1 of voluntary manslaughter and other charges, received the lengthy sentence partly because of an extensive criminal history including a prison term, San Diego Superior Court Judge John Thompson said at the sentencing Tuesday.

In a prepared statement he read in court, Tittle apologized to the family of Travis Thomas, the man killed in the confrontation, and to his own family for causing them embarrassment. However, he then angrily told the judge that he bears no responsibility for what happened and described himself as the true victim in the case.

Thomas, 23, was killed during a brief and chaotic fight between two rival groups of black gang members at a Puerto Rican festival in the Bonita Cove area.

Nine of the 11 people charged in the shooting pleaded guilty to charges ranging from manslaughter to assault. The other two, Tittle and Na'il Downey, 20, were tried and convicted. Downey, identified as the shooter, was found guilty of second-degree murder and other charges and is awaiting sentencing this month.

Witnesses testified during the trial that rival gang members from Lincoln Park and Skyline confronted each other that afternoon amid hundreds of people enjoying the festival. The brawl began after Tittle said to a man from the other group, "We're not trippin' if you're not trippin'," and someone from the other group replied, "No truce," according to witnesses.

One witness testified that Tittle then threw a soda can at someone in the other group and was then punched in the face. Other witnesses and Tittle said the punch was unprovoked.

"I was the victim," he said at Tuesday's sentencing.

Moments after Tittle fell to the ground, investigators said, six shots were fired. Several people testified that Downey, whom they identified as Tittle's brother even though the two are not biologically related, fired the gun.

On Tuesday, Tittle said his father later asked Downey why he fired the shots, and Downey replied that he had thought the Skyline group was about to rush him.

"How can I be held accountable for Na'il Downey's bad decision?" Tittle told the judge. "I had no knowledge that any crime was being committed. I did not fight with anyone, nor did I assist in any way Na'il Downey."

Thompson rejected prosecutors' requests to send Tittle to prison for more than 40 years.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » March 19th, 2005, 6:49 pm

Teen Could Get Life In Prison At Sentencing

By Dana Littlefield
March 16, 2005

VISTA – A Superior Court jury convicted a teenage gang member yesterday of fatally shooting a 66-year-old Oceanside man after he shouted at the teen in the street.

After deliberating for less than a day, jurors found Antonio Garcia, 19, guilty of first-degree murder along with allegations of using a gun and belonging to a gang in the slaying of Joe Delgado Nov. 4, 2003.

They also found Garcia guilty of vandalism for smashing the windows of a car parked outside Delgado's home. Garcia could be sent to prison for life at a sentencing scheduled for April 25.

Prosecutors argued during the trial that Delgado came out of his home on Missouri Avenue and confronted two young men who had broken the window, one of whom was Garcia. The car belonged to a rival gang member, according to the testimony.

Deputy District Attorney Thomas Manning argued that Garcia shot Delgado because he had "disrespected" him in front of several younger gang members.

Manning told jurors during his closing arguments Monday that Garcia "murdered Mr. Delgado in cold blood and left him to die in the street." Garcia later admitted to friends that he committed the killing and that it was "personal," according to the testimony.

Defense attorney Herbert Weston argued that the testimony from many of the witnesses at trial was untrustworthy because they had reasons to lie. One such witness was an accomplice, he said.

"He's not charged with murder. What bigger incentive (to lie) is there to give somebody than that?" Weston asked during his closing arguments.

He also said Garcia didn't flee the area after the slaying. Instead, police contacted him at his home six days after the killing.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 11th, 2005, 10:06 pm

Pomona Man Sentenced to Prison for Freeway Shooting.

APRIL 8, 2005

POMONA – A Pomona man convicted in February of fatally shooting a 22-year-old man and a 15-year-old girl on the 71 Freeway last year in Pomona was sentenced to prison today, the District Attorney’s Office announced.

Deputy District Attorney Don Jakubowski said Carlos Fernando Paredes, 27, was sentenced to 24 years, four months in state prison by Pomona Superior Court Judge Robert Martinez. A jury in February found Paredes guilty of two counts of voluntary manslaughter.

“I’m satisfied with the sentence,” Jakubowski said. “I think it’s appropriate given the jury verdict.”

On March 16, 2004, Paredes and three teen defendants got into an argument with 22-year-old Raymond Flores earlier in the day at Walnut Park in Chino, Jakubowski said. The three teens left, enlisted the help of Carlos Paredes, and then followed Flores’ Honda along the 71 Freeway. Carlos Paredes, sitting in the front passenger side, fired a shotgun into the Flores vehicle, killing the Covina resident and his passenger, Monique Almanza, 15.

Paredes’ cousin, Joel Arturo Paredes, 16 (dob 11-5-88), who was the driver of the car, pleaded no contest to two counts of voluntary manslaughter and was sentenced in March to 14 years in state prison. The other two teens -- Eduardo Brian Ayala, 18 (dob 3-31-87), and Martin Francisco Martinez, 18 (dob 9-10-86) – both pleaded guilty to one count each of accessory after the fact and were sentenced to one year each in jail and five years probation.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » May 25th, 2005, 1:12 pm

23 Year Old Gang Member Convicted In Murder
50 Years To Life.

By GEORGE B. SANCHEZ
Herald Staff Writer
May 2005

A Salinas gang member was convicted Wednesday of first-degree murder for the shooting death of David Mendoza Jr.

After deliberating for less than two hours, a Salinas jury convicted Steven Michael Feigley, 23, of murdering the 17-year-old outside Rodeo Market on Sherwood Drive in Salinas in 2003.

Mendoza's father silently nodded his head when the verdict was read aloud. He said he would make a statement in court at Feigley's sentencing in July.

Miguel Hernandez, Feigley's attorney, said his client was acting in self-defense at the time of the shooting.

Mendoza was in a car near the market waiting for his girlfriend when Feigley spotted him. Hernandez said Mendoza, while seated, punched at Feigley from the car and then reached down.

The defense lawyer said Feigley thought Mendoza was reaching for a gun, so he opened fire, shooting Mendoza seven times in the arms and chest.

"He thought he was about to get killed," Hernandez said of Feigley.

But no gun was found in Mendoza's car.

"This is clearly not a case of actual self-defense," prosecutor Christine Harter said during closing arguments Tuesday.

Feigley later confessed to the shooting, a confession that Salinas police videotaped.

Referring to Mendoza, Feigley said during on tape, "He was in the wrong place at the wrong day at the wrong time."

He later changed his story, however, first saying he was in Texas at the time and saying later that he was at the market, but not at the time of shooting.

Hernandez later filed two motions questioning Feigley's mental capacity, at one point saying his client was not guilty by reason of insanity.

Harter said Mendoza's murder was part of a rash of retaliatory shootings prompted by the shooting death of 19-year-old Adrian Alberto at McKinnon Park in Salinas a few months earlier. Alberto was gunned down on Thanksgiving Day in 2002 during a football game after an argument escalated into a shooting. That weekend, three more people were killed in a series of shootings that police believe were gang-related.

Alberto's family had ties to a local gang, though the 19-year-old victim was not a gang member. He had graduated from the Monterey Peninsula College's firefighting academy a few months before his death.

Hernandez dismissed Harter's theory and the Salinas Police Department gang experts who testified during Feigley's jury trial.

"There was no proof there was an Alberto Directive," Hernandez said, referring to the theory that the string of shootings was spawned by Alberto's death.

Feigley will be sentenced on July 15. He faces 50 years to life in state prison.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » June 4th, 2005, 5:58 pm

Na'il Downey, 19, of Lincoln ParkGang member, Gets 81 Years To Life

By J. Harry Jones
February 10, 2005

A gang member convicted of firing the shots that killed a man and wounded two others during a Father's Day festival in Mission Bay Park in 2003 was sentenced yesterday to 81 years to life in prison.

Na'il Downey, 19, of Lincoln Park, will not be eligible for parole until he is 80 years old, his lawyer said.

As the sentence was announced by San Diego Superior Court Judge John Thompson, Downey's mother became hysterical in the courtroom.

"I know you didn't commit this crime," Marcia Raimo-Tittle sobbed before being escorted by sheriff's deputies into the hallway. "I know my son didn't do it."

A jury convicted Downey Oct. 1 of second-degree murder and other charges in the fatal shooting of Travis Thomas, 23, a member of a rival gang from the Skyline neighborhood in southeastern San Diego.

Witnesses testified that two groups confronted each other the afternoon of June 15 while hundreds of people were attending a Puerto Rican festival in the Bonita Cove area.

A brawl began after Darrell Tittle, 26, from Lincoln Park, told a man from the other group, "We're not trippin' if you're not trippin'," and someone from the other group replied "No truce," witnesses said.

Tittle, who was raised with Downey and close enough that many in the gang considered the two to be "brothers," then threw a soda can at someone and was punched in the face. At least one other fight broke out before Downey fired a handgun, according to testimony.

As people scattered, two were struck in their legs or feet. Thomas fell to the ground with a shoulder wound. The angle of the bullet was such that it proved fatal.

Tittle was sentenced to 28 years in prison Jan. 13 after being convicted of voluntary manslaughter. At his sentencing, Tittle said his father asked Downey why he fired the shots, and Downey replied he thought the Skyline group was about to rush him.

Downey did not speak during yesterday's hearing.

Nine other people, all members or associates of the Lincoln Park gang, have been convicted of lesser charges ranging from manslaughter to assault. Their sentences have ranged from probation to 11 years in prison, said prosecutor Dana Greisen.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » August 8th, 2005, 3:07 pm

Gang Member Convicted of Murdering 13-Year-Old Boy

July 11, 2005

LOS ANGELES – A Los Angeles jury convicted a street gang member today of the first-degree murder of a 13-year-old boy near a church in South Los Angeles two years ago.

The jury also found true the special circumstances that the murder was a street gang killing and that the shots that killed Joseph Swift were fired from a motor vehicle. The jury late today also convicted the defendant of two counts of attempted murder. They found that one of the attempted murders was premeditated, but that the other was not.

On Friday, the jury found James Bartel Collier, 26, guilty of five additional counts of attempted murder and one of shooting at an inhabited dwelling.

Prior to trial, the District Attorney’s office opted not to seek the death penalty against Collier. The defendant faces a sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole. Trial Judge Lance A. Ito scheduled sentencing for Sept. 15.

The shooting occurred outside a home on West Boulevard near Washington Boulevard on March 23, 2003. The teenager was the only person hit when gunfire erupted from a passing vehicle.

Collier was arrested in Henderson, Nev., about a month after the shooting and returned to Los Angeles to stand trial. He has remained in custody without bail since his arrest.

Deputy District Attorney Gretchen Ford of the Hardcore Gang Division prosecuted the case.

The victim’s mother and other family members wept silently when the verdicts were returned this afternoon. The defendant showed no emotion.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » March 9th, 2006, 9:39 am

Thursday Mar 02, 2006 8:00am EST
By Stephen M. Silverman

Tara Correa-McMullen, with Martin Lawrence in Rebound
CREDIT: 20TH CENTURY FOX

A suspected gang member Damien Watts, 20 was charged on Wednesday in Los Angeles with fatally shooting 16-year-old actress Tara Correa-McMullen, who portrayed a former gang member on TV's Judging Amy.

Damien, who already was in custody on a separate shooting case, was charged with one count of murder and two counts of attempted murder, the Associated Press reports. If convicted, he faces life in prison, according to the district attorney's office.

HOW STUPID IS THAT?

classicc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by classicc » March 10th, 2006, 9:49 am

it is cause he atleast he could have shot one of the fools he was targeting. thats like here in san diego lately. most of the people who get killed are not even involved in gangs

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 19th, 2006, 7:52 pm

Gang member convicted:
Jose Francisco Valladares found guilty in 2005 stabbing death in Parlier.

By Pablo Lopez / The Fresno Bee

(Updated Thursday, April 6, 2006, 6:19 AM)

A Reedley gang member was convicted Wednesday in Fresno County Superior Court of second-degree murder in the stabbing death of a rival at a party in Parlier in March 2005.

The jury also found that Jose Francisco Valladares, 20, assaulted another victim with a deadly weapon and committed the crimes to promote or benefit a criminal street gang.

He faces a minimum of 16 years to life in prison when he is sentenced May 2.

Valladares was convicted of fatally stabbing Ray Rodarte, 22, and assaulting Rodarte's brother, Fabian Duran, who was stabbed in the arm, during the early hours of March 12, 2005.

Jurors deliberated about four hours on a case investigated by the Fresno County Sheriff's Department in which detective Jose Salinas obtained key interviews from witnesses to the slaying.

Defense lawyers argued that the victims were fighting with at least three people with knives and that it was too dark to see who stabbed them.

Prosecutor Robert Romanacce, however, told jurors in closing arguments Tuesday the brothers were celebrating Duran's 19th birthday when they walked into a party of East Side Reedley Norteño gang members.

Valladares is a validated member of this gang, Romanacce said.

Once partygoers found out that Rodarte was from a rival Sureño gang, they yelled, "Get the scrap." Scrap is a derogatory term for a Sureño.

A woman yelled, "Kill him."

Rodarte left the party, but the partygoers chased him onto the 400 block of Independencia Avenue. At one point, Rodarte, who was not armed, was fighting off nearly 10 rivals, some of them with knives, Romanacce said.

Duran was stabbed trying to help his brother.

Romanacce said Valladares stabbed Rodarte in the chest with a kitchen knife. The blow was so fierce it went through a bone and into the victim's heart, he told jurors.

According to Romanacce, Valladares then yelled: "Remember who did it — Reedley Norte. Remember who put him down."

Common Sense Commentary:
Well in a sense, you're going too..... Mr. Jose Francisco Valladares, your 20 year old, no it all life, is over. You now work for Arnold.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 19th, 2006, 8:10 pm

Demarcus Ralls, 21, Nut Cases Gang member (Oakland) Got......... LIFE

An Oakland gang member convicted of four murders and a host of other crimes will spend the rest of his life in prison, a jury decided Tuesday.

Demarcus Ralls, 21, a member of the Nut Cases gang, was convicted March 22 of three counts of first-degree murder and one count of second-degree murder. Jurors also found him guilty of two counts of attempted murder and more than a dozen counts of robbery and attempted robbery.

The same jury opted Tuesday to sentence Ralls to life in prison without the possibility of parole. Prosecutors had sought death.

Ralls did not react as the verdict was read in an Oakland courtroom, but his attorney Deborah Levy put her arm around him.

Ralls remained emotionless until Levy nudged him and looked into his eyes with a smile.

He smiled back.

"I'm so ecstatic," she said afterward, adding that she and Ralls' family feared the jury would sentence him to death. "Despite the despicable nature of these crimes, this young guy deserves a break. Clearly there was enough for the jury to have voted death."

Levy said of Ralls, "He's not happy about the fact that he is facing life in prison, but it is better than the alternative."

Prosecutor Darryl Stallworth said he was comfortable with the jury's decision. He said he spoke with jurors Tuesday, and they said their decision not to sentence Ralls to death was made in part because Ralls was a minor heavily influenced by his older brother when the two of them killed Joseph Mabrey in October 2002.

Stallworth said jurors told him they could not conclude that Ralls fired the gun that killed Douglas Ware Jr., Keith Maki-Harris or Jerry Duckworth in December 2002.

"I saw things somewhat differently," Stallworth said. "But I am happy there is some closure. I'm trusting the families are happy we have some closure at this phase. There were a tragic, tragic number of events that still resonate with a lot of pain. It is a reminder of how fragile life is and how important it is to bring these cases to justice."

Ralls will be formally sentenced by Alameda County Superior Court Judge Jeffrey Horner on July 7.

Police believe Ralls was among the most violent members of a gang that, according to members' own statements to police, killed and robbed simply for the thrill. Prosecutors portrayed him as a remorseless criminal.

During the sentencing phase, Levy argued that Ralls "never had a chance in life" because his mother abused drugs and his family neglected him. She argued that his rough childhood was a mitigating factor in his crimes.

Jurors found Ralls guilty of first-degree murder in the killings of Duckworth and Maki-Harris and of Sunny Thach on Jan. 6, 2003. They convicted him of second-degree murder in the Ware killing.

The Thach killing included the special-circumstances allegation that the crime was committed during a robbery, which provided prosecutors the basis to seek the death penalty. That portion of the trial concluded last week.

Ralls is the first of six members of the Nut Cases to be tried for five murders and more than 20 robberies during a 10-week crime spree that ended with their arrest in January 2003. The other defendants are expected to be tried later this year. The remaining defendants include two of Ralls' half brothers and a cousin.

Nut Cases Gang Member Says He Had A Bad Childhood
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... =printable

good ol watts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by good ol watts » April 20th, 2006, 12:03 am

i remember this case, surprised he didnt get the death penalty

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 20th, 2006, 7:44 am

^^^ He committed these crimes when he was a minor under the influence of his older brother (according to the article). It goes to show that the states are not letting minors off the hook anymore. Twenty-one years young----- and FINISHED, that's a tragedy, well It's not nearly as bad as being murdered at Twenty-one, like his victims.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 20th, 2006, 12:28 pm

Of course murders are never justified but I can sympathize. :cry:

A lot of Koreans are actually like this, it's just they try to hide it from most people that you wouldn't know it...

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » August 7th, 2006, 7:57 am

Gang Member Convicted For Fatal Stray Bullet

(CBS) LOS ANGELES A gang member was convicted Wednesday of second-degree murder in the slaying of a 15-year-old girl outside a South Los Angeles high school.

A Compton Superior Court jury deliberated for about 90 minutes before reaching the verdict against 19-year-old Dejuan Hines. Hines is scheduled to be sentenced April 21.

Deliesh Allen was shot on March 17 outside Locke High School while waiting for her aunt to pick her up.

Detectives say the girl was hit by a stray bullet meant for other gang members. Hines was arrested the next day.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » August 7th, 2006, 8:10 am

Gang Member Dejuan Hines 20 Gets Sentenced.

Los Angeles,
August 1, 2006 -

A gang member who opened fire outside a South Los Angeles high school, killing a 15-year-old girl waiting for a ride home, was sentenced today to 82 YEARS to LIFE in prison.

No summer school for him.