Police Arrest Second Suspect In Case Of Boy Shot 19 Times

For news related to any city in Los Angeles County area read here.
77thresident

Police Arrest Second Suspect In Case Of Boy Shot 19 Times

Unread post by 77thresident » November 16th, 2004, 12:31 pm

LOS ANGELES -- Authorities plan to announce Monday that they have made a second arrest in the fatal shooting of a boy who was riding a bicycle in a South Los Angeles alley.

LAPD Chief William Bratton and Mayor Jim Hahn released details of the latest arrest Monday afternoon. Bratton said Frederick Douglas Brown is in LAPD custody.

Brown, 19, was arrested Sunday.

His arrest stemmed from a police pursuit that occurred about 4:50 p.m. Saturday, police said. Officers near 20th Street and Budlong Avenue had heard gunshots and went looking for the source. They reportedly spotted a suspect vehicle and a pursuit ensued.

The chase ended when the vehicle crashed at 29th Street and Arlington Avenue. The occupants ran away but two people -- including Brown -- were caught a short time later, police said.

Bratton said authorities are searching for a third person connected to the slaying.

The development comes more than one month after Byron Lee Jr., 14, was shot 19 times in the 700 block of East 81st Street. The Oct. 9 shooting triggered a community response and a manhunt by police.

Police received their first major break in the case when they arrested David Porter, 19, nearly two weeks after the shooting. He was charged with murder Oct. 25.

Authorities said the shooting occurred around 2 p.m. Police said the gunmen drove past the boy in a car before stopping, getting out of the vehicle and opening fire.

Police said witnesses told them that the boy begged and prayed for mercy as the gunmen surrounded him. Authorities said the victim had no gang ties, but police believe the slaying was gang related.

On the day of the shooting, Byron's mother said the boy was helping to clean the house before going for a bike ride. His mother said her other son died last year of a rare form of cancer.

"It doesn’t stop with my son," Byum said after Porter's arrest in October. "We can stop these people from taking our kids from us if we stand up as a community. I see cars going by with officers and I know they're out there, looking."

Family members said Byron wanted to be an entertainer. About 200 people attended a candlelight vigil for the boy after the shooting.

Authorities said the community's devotion helped break the case.

A community group began collecting signatures for a petition asking the city to pave the dirt alley. They want to rename the alley after Lee.

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/3920694/detail.html

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Police Arrest Second Suspect In Case Of Boy Shot 19 Time

Unread post by Kemosave » November 16th, 2004, 6:46 pm

I'm glad they were caught. They'll catch the last one too I bet. That was a sick evil act they did and they would have kept right on doing it. Their pass to walk among us has just been revoked thank God.

BrimBone

Re: Police Arrest Second Suspect In Case Of BoyBrimBone

Unread post by BrimBone » November 17th, 2004, 12:49 am

THOSE NIGGAS ARE BITCHES BLOOD, KILL A LITTLE KID LIKE THAT SOME BITCH PUNK SHIT, HOMEY WAS BEGGING FOR HIS LIFE AND THE NIGGAS DID IT ANYWAY, BEST BELIVE BLOOD NOT JUST THE POLICE WAS LOOKING FOR THE FOOLS!!

mr 503
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr 503 » November 17th, 2004, 2:35 am

YEA THATS SOME BS. KILLING CIVILIANS DOESNT EARN ANY STRIPES IN MY BOOK LET ALONE A KID. I HOPE THESE FOOLS GET TREATED LIKE A SEX OFFENDER IN THE PEN

BG MLOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: crooklyn

Unread post by BG MLOCO » November 17th, 2004, 8:44 am

THEM NICCAZ IS STRAIGHT BITCH MADE PUNKS, TO KILL A YOUTH FOR NO REASON, AND HE IS 14 AND HE WASNT AFFILIATED THEY SHOULD GET STRAIGHT VIOLATED THAT WAS SUM PUNK SHIT TO THE FULLEST

Red_Diamond
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Red_Diamond » December 7th, 2004, 10:45 pm

Somebody had told me That they had shot the lil boy because he had shot a Homies ol gurl, I've also heard they did it to get into a gang. all I know is them niggaz grimmy as fuck killing that sweet lil boy. Something like that happen in Orlando a 16 year old boys so called friends which had like a 7 year age difference went over to his hse to rob him and shot him 9 times, they only got away with $80 and two of them are caught and they got the last niggaz finger prints, this boy I knew and he aint deserve that shit at all, all I could do is SMH..... niggaz need to tighten up, It's bad enough we killin each other over BS but for no damn reason that just aint right.

~~~For ya'll on here that are Trigger happy u need to slow it down~~~