Local LA politicians discuss August 2015 homicides

For news related to any city in Los Angeles County area read here.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Local LA politicians discuss August 2015 homicides

Unread post by alexalonso » September 20th, 2015, 6:02 pm

LA politicians will discuss the recent spike in homicides in August 2015. One reason mentioned was because of social media.
Attachments
august-homicides.jpg
august-homicides.jpg (116.59 KiB) Viewed 2302 times

alsheikh971
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Local LA politicians discuss August 2015 homicides

Unread post by alsheikh971 » September 22nd, 2015, 5:12 am

Is it about a real spike or just something more like a "variation" around the average number.
I mean, if it's about 38 versus 32 previous years ... I will be like yeah but it could be explained or is it 99 vs 32 that would be very impressive ?
And above all, may the lost Bloods rest in peace !
Salaam
2 many of us (Human Kind not just bruthas & sistas) die senseless

Nille
If in the United States: New York
What city do you live in now?: north of Germany

Re: Local LA politicians discuss August 2015 homicides

Unread post by Nille » September 26th, 2015, 12:35 pm

Hello Alex,
I recently read an article in a German newspaper with the headline “Americas murderous summer”.
It says that in bigger cities like Baltimore, New Orleans, Chicago, Washington homicides have reached highest marks in statistics. So it seems to me that not only in LA there is a spike.
As cause it says that it is still way too easy to get guns but a police chief from St. Louis calls it the Ferguson-effect. After harsh critics and sometimes their behavior against minorities caught on tape the police now take a passive role. In the hotspots of crime in many cities there are no more foot patrols and no spontaneous controls of suspects. Since the death of Freddie Gray in Balimore the amount of arrests dropped by half. The cops in New York rather patrol time square instead of South Bronx.
Maybe that is also the cause for the spike in August in LA? I agree with alsheikh that the increase in August doesn`t seem dramatic but I don`t know the figures for the last 9 month compared to last years.
Maybe you could enlighten us Alex.

Return to “Los Angeles Area News”