Hardest Neighborhood

For news related to any city in Los Angeles County area read here.
6-3 320
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Hardest Neighborhood

Unread post by 6-3 320 » September 11th, 2003, 11:13 pm

What would you consider that hardest area in los angeles or los angeles county...not necesarily neighborhood but city...for example what do you think the hardest out of watts, compton, south central, east side long beach, or ingelwood is....just curious?

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Hardest Neighborhood

Unread post by stateraised2000 » September 12th, 2003, 10:02 am

within a 15 mile radius of my hood, ARTESIA, id have to say its a toss-up between COMPTON, WATTS AND THE HARBOR AREA... almost all hoods can get you killed if you in the wrong place at the wrong time... cant really say its 1 hood whos the hardest. my homies will smoke you, BGcaspers homies will smoke you, some peeps from watts will, theres killers from all hoods who will take you out if you get caught slipping...

6-3 320
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 6-3 320 » September 12th, 2003, 3:14 pm

One of the things ive noticed is folks in socal are for the most part real chill...i mean instead of talking the talk they walk the walk...they dont run lip...maybe im just generalizing, but its just what ive noticed...
The harbor area consists of san pedro area...right...

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » September 12th, 2003, 4:03 pm

Harbor Area consits of Torrance, long beach, wilmington, carson, san pedro, and certain parts of long beach..

6-3 320
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 6-3 320 » September 12th, 2003, 8:14 pm

well maybe you could answer my question earlier....what is the area called that is between torrance and long beach...its very industrial, and a lot of the stores are boarded up...but people are still walking around, mainly latinos, it doesnt look like there is much life there, but there are still people walking around....

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » September 12th, 2003, 11:44 pm

when you say the "hardest" I assume you mean the most active or most drama filled area. Well if you keep track of murder statistics, the 77th division of the LAPD had more arrest, drug arrest and murders that any area in southern cali. So I would say the area from Vernon to Manchester and east of Van Ness to about the 110. 77th boundaries are actually more complicated than that but if you go through that area you will see drama more so than any other area, perhaps in the US, because LA lead the US in crime last year, more that NY and more that Chicago.

6-3 320
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 6-3 320 » September 12th, 2003, 11:52 pm

alonso wrote:when you say the "hardest" I assume you mean the most active or most drama filled area. Well if you keep track of murder statistics, the 77th division of the LAPD had more arrest, drug arrest and murders that any area in southern cali. So I would say the area from Vernon to Manchester and east of Van Ness to about the 110. 77th boundaries are actually more complicated than that but if you go through that area you will see drama more so than any other area, perhaps in the US, because LA lead the US in crime last year, more that NY and more that Chicago.
so in general terms you would say south central is filled with the most drama.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » September 13th, 2003, 9:15 am

To 6-3 if you go by murder captital by ratio then Washington DC is the murder captital. Check out this link http://www.safestreetsdc.com/subpages/murdercap.doc

Then if you go by big city crime rate then that title goes to Dallas. Read up on this article. http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centreda ... 457237.htm

Then if you go by the three big cities New York, LA, Chicago. Then the murder capital is Chicago. Read up on this article. http://qrc.depaul.edu/djabon/Articles/C ... 030101.htm

However takes these statistics for what they are there just statistics nothing more nothing less. Ask a young brotha in South Central, Chicago, Detroit or DC what they think about these statistics and they will say there irrelevant because these brothas (brotha is any male out here in these streets) know they have a chance of dying young whether or not if they're in a gang in their respective cities.

If you go to any site who's main focus is urban whether there dealing with gangs or rap. This hardest neighborhood subject comes up a lot. Why? Because you have these silly rappers like 50 cent and others hyping up the hood. While at the same time these same rappers moved out the hood with the quickness to the burbs.

You see the question shouldn't be who's hood is the hardest?

The question should be when will our hoods relinquish these young brothas and help them to become men who can raise their kids in peace?

ps. Much respect to all the gangstas on this board who broke away from the hood or took a leave to concentrate on getting their lives right.

6-3 320
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 6-3 320 » September 13th, 2003, 3:56 pm

Ghost,
I agree 100 percent with you...i am a strong Christian, and talk to kids a lot trying to help them...I was just curious what area of socal known to be the roughest...i wanted to hear different opinions.

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » September 21st, 2003, 2:04 pm

actually that murder capital thing does not tell anything

it is saying it ratio wise, which means how many murders per person, now u take a city like los angeles, they rank the WHOLE los angeles even the good parts and they count that as los angeles, if u were to take the ratio of the 77th lapd division area or the southeast (Watts) area by itself it would probly be the same or more as DC , that goes with every ghetto, the thing about DC is it has a lot of ghetto areas and not as many good areas so the ratio is so high, thats why they saying its the murder capital, there is nothing special about DC or any other city that causes the murder ratio to be so high, u go to any ghetto area of a city in US and the ratio will be about the same as DC usually.

Bulls Fan
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Bulls Fan » September 22nd, 2003, 7:30 am

i always hear about Watts being the toughest. I have a friend from there and when he talked about Watts...he said things like, theres only "one way in and one way out." and if you dont know anyone there..dont go, etc etc. Ive never been to Watts but i know the 105 runs through it...kinda. so...my question is...what if you exit the "wrong" exit and end up in watts? would you get hit up?

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » September 22nd, 2003, 8:43 am

no but if you enter the project then you may need a pass but if you stay in your car with your doors locked on the blvd well small risks unless you from a hood that have a beef with a watts hood , then they may know you and bang bang bang from another car or a roof top or werever then only bulletproof cars can help you out

fo-tay
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fo-tay » September 22nd, 2003, 9:18 am

wattscrackin wrote:actually that murder capital thing does not tell anything

it is saying it ratio wise, which means how many murders per person, now u take a city like los angeles, they rank the WHOLE los angeles even the good parts and they count that as los angeles, if u were to take the ratio of the 77th lapd division area or the southeast (Watts) area by itself it would probly be the same or more as DC , that goes with every ghetto, the thing about DC is it has a lot of ghetto areas and not as many good areas so the ratio is so high, thats why they saying its the murder capital, there is nothing special about DC or any other city that causes the murder ratio to be so high, u go to any ghetto area of a city in US and the ratio will be about the same as DC usually.

homie i guarantee you that ratio is very true. yea i agree. cities in the us are basically alike, but i dont think the ratio is gonna be misleading just to mislead. i dont think its wrong. man this year homie (2003), i watched the news EVERY night. i dont miss the news (even tho the news misleads people), and i only watch one news channel. FOX 5. now every fuccin night no less than 3 niggas loose they life. Whether its to the Game or a police shooting. that may sound like a small number, but keep in mind NO LESS than 3. Thats in DC alone. The reason why its such a big deal is because, if you know anything about DC, you would know its a real small city. For so much shit to happen in a small city is a big deal. Car theft gotta be the most frequent crime in my city. then comes homicide...

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » September 22nd, 2003, 10:36 am

i agree with u DC is wild, everybody should know that by now

fo-tay
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fo-tay » September 22nd, 2003, 11:03 am

watts, i also wanna thank you homie for not catchin feelings when i replied to your message. i wanst tryna come off wrong. im juss here to hip folks on whats happenin on this side. and let people know we livin slum here too. we strugglin juss like yall, u know? and i thank all homies that school me to LA. im hip to the shit now and i learned a lot juss by hittin these boards up. ya digg?

LA definately do its thang. and i gotta give respects but at the same time let ery brotha on that side to be safe. juss wish me the same in return...

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » September 25th, 2003, 1:45 am

AIN'T TRYIN TO DISS, BUT I KNOW LONG BEACH AIN'T THAT HARD PLUS THE ORIGINAL 20'S LIKE THE NH 20'S BLOODS AND 20'S OUTLAWZ WOULD HAVE THE ROLLIN 20'S OF LONG BEACH LOOKIN AT EXTINCTION.

Ridah
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Ridah » September 28th, 2003, 8:22 am

Y.G. wrote:AIN'T TRYIN TO DISS, BUT I KNOW LONG BEACH AIN'T THAT HARD PLUS THE ORIGINAL 20'S LIKE THE NH 20'S BLOODS AND 20'S OUTLAWZ WOULD HAVE THE ROLLIN 20'S OF LONG BEACH LOOKIN AT EXTINCTION.
Umm no disrespect but sometimes you let your BLOOD bias show through just a little too much...and trust me if they went to Longbeach theyd get moooooved with the quickness...they bein the O20S and r20bs.....LB aint no joke and most bloods cant even survive out there..its crip city...maybe if the LB 20s came down to the westside theyd get moved but I swear if they bloods went to the LB theyd get smashed....the 20s is hard but they can barely handle the 30s...

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » September 28th, 2003, 9:13 am

lol excuse me rida but i don't agree about long beach being a crip city i would say lb is more an asian and mexican city the black part of this town is small ...and they don't have that much crip gangs compare to the superfici of the town ...if you look at cpt or even watts or south central most blocks if not all are claimed is far from being the case in long beach .

omack
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by omack » September 28th, 2003, 11:59 am

Perhaps, that's the being LB gangs are not respected as much as other LA area, eh, CASPER?

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » September 29th, 2003, 1:15 am

HOMIE I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHAT SQUARE ASS NI99AZ SAY LONG BEACH AIN'T stuff I HAVE BEEN OVER THERE PLENTY OF TIMES ALL BURGANDY UP OR FLAMED UP WITH THE "P" CAP ON AND EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT THE PHILLIES HAT STANDS OUT. PLUS MY POPS HOMIE "BIG KILLA RED" FROM FRUIT TOWN STAYED RIGHT THERE BY ALL THEM NI99AZ AND DIDN'T NOBODY SWEAT US HE THREW PARTIES AT HIS HOUSE JUST ABOUT EVERY HOLIDAY AND INVITED HIS HOMIES AND AIN'T stuff HAPPEN.

IT'S A SUBURB AIN'T EVEN ON THE I.E. LEVEL DOGG BECAUSE I SEE MORE RIDAS OUT THAT WAY THEN IN L.B.

fo-tay
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fo-tay » September 29th, 2003, 3:59 pm

why dont yall keep this shit calm? this really aint the place to be bangin homie. keep it chill. keep that shit in the streets bra. thats real. that internet shit aint real. keep it street homeboy...

G bka C.rum
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by G bka C.rum » September 29th, 2003, 5:28 pm

the real is if 9 out of 10 people are sayin long beach isnt as active as snoop dogg lol and some people claim that fact should be posted so ppl know, so its not being potrayed as the murder capitol of Cali like these snoop dog fanclub potrays it to be. These ni66as from L.B. shouldnt be gettin all worked up because some1's spittin facts about their city.

omack
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by omack » September 29th, 2003, 8:35 pm

I'm from the East, so I can't really speak on it. But I would think that the LA area in general would get mad hype because of its reputation for gangbangin. This summer, I read an article about a pending injunction against the Insane Crips. Anyways, yall probably know better than me. How do these sets rank?

Insane Crips
Rollin 20's Crips

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » August 22nd, 2017, 11:08 pm

Watts, Hyde Park, Baldwin Village, Vermont corridor.

Tray2smooth80

Unread post by Tray2smooth80 » October 10th, 2017, 9:15 am

RSC, HCG, FSB, MSMC

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » October 17th, 2017, 9:06 pm

to me ...hardest part i went ...i would say in reality its not about were but when ...meditate on that and let me know if u got what i meant