I Cant Respect Mexicans Who Can't Speak Aztec

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
never die inside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

I Cant Respect Mexicans Who Can't Speak Aztec

Unread post by never die inside » March 11th, 2006, 2:56 am

its sad... it doesn't seem right to not speak aztec instead of speaking spanish. i can't respect that...

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » March 11th, 2006, 6:24 am

they have more than one nation in mexico

the aztec are talking nawatle or sum like that but the mayan people from yucatan are talkin mayan wich is a language ...the veracruz are more toltec and in guadalajara its the wichole but u have to understand that most mexican non native speaker are mixed spanish.... and i know its in a way a shame cause thOSE are considered higher class...... indian are TREATED LIKE SHIT IN THEIR OWN LAND AND NUN NEW HERE THATS JUST A WHITE WORLD AND THOSE WHO ARE TURNING THEIR back ON natives THE TRU MEXICAN ARE PART OF THAT WHITE OR WANNA BE WHITE WORLD ... ...they consider castillano as part of their heritage ....but u have to have a comon language in order to move foward ....its like if the official usa language was sioux ..OR ...cheyene ?it would be fair but would it be practicle ?cuzz natives got thousand languages...

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Houston

Re: I Cant Respect Mexicans Who Can't Speak Aztec

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » March 11th, 2006, 8:14 am

Ancient Tribes of America wrote:its sad... it doesn't seem right to not speak aztec instead of speaking spanish. i can't respect that...
You should'nt respect the Mexican government for not teaching it at schools, not have lack of respect for Mexicans who cant speak it...not the ppl's fault they dont know.Actually you should not respect Aztecs because the Spainards conned them and fought them out of their land, if the Aztecs were smarter and stronger then they would have killed the Spainards when they first arrived....right??? Stupid way to look at isnt it??? Just about as stupid as it is for not respecting Mexicans who have never been taught a language.

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » March 11th, 2006, 9:03 am

Ancient Tribes of America wrote:its sad... it doesn't seem right to not speak aztec instead of speaking spanish. i can't respect that...
You really are an idiot.

Their is NO AZTEC LANGUAGE! Aztecs spoke Nahuatl. And guess what Einstein? Nahuatl wasn't the only Native language spoken their prior to spanish conquest.

jeremy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by jeremy » March 11th, 2006, 12:54 pm

Dr. Gonzo wrote:
You really are an idiot.

Their is NO AZTEC LANGUAGE! Aztecs spoke Nahuatl. And guess what Einstein? Nahuatl wasn't the only Native language spoken their prior to spanish conquest.
It's amazing how many morons post stupid shit on this forum.I've been visiting this site for a while and it makes me laugh how ignorant and stupid people are on here.Not disrespecting you Dr.Gonzo I meant the guy who posted this thread.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 11th, 2006, 1:30 pm

Dr. Gonzo wrote:
You really are an idiot.

wow he beat me to it, almost with the exact words too. "your an idiot."

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 11th, 2006, 1:57 pm

I understand what you're saying Ancient but this issue is constantly debated. It's not that mestizo Mexicans shouldn't speak Spanish, it's that they should learn their tribes language (if they know their tribe) and Spanish. It's always good to know more than one language, and plus Mexican Spanish is not the same as Spanish from Espana, just like African American english isn't the same as white American English, or proper English from England.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » March 11th, 2006, 8:42 pm

You said you are black. So which african language do you speak? Or Asian?

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » March 12th, 2006, 5:06 pm

Ancient Tribes, you are a f*cking fool, the majority of Mexicans have spanish heritage, the spanairds conquered so the language is spanish.
The natives still do speak there own tongue in some parts, why would you have no respect for a meztizo who cannot speak Nahuatl, and also what about white castillian mexican, why the f*ck would they be speaking the native tongue of the Aztecs.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » March 12th, 2006, 5:16 pm

He may be a young one feeding off Brown power literature. Should we strip away the idyllic fantasy modern La Raza ascribe to their ancestor's pagan ways or just let him keep on?

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 12th, 2006, 5:18 pm

Don't hate on the Aztecs Shatterhand.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » March 12th, 2006, 5:25 pm

Oh I'm not hating on anyone. I'm just pointing out that it is easy for people groups to idolize past ways of life that weren't all that great. The truth is life was a whole lot harder in the ancient past for the vast majority. I bet if we put him in a time machine and sent him back to Aztlan with nothing but the clothes on his back we'd find claw marks on the outside of the machine when it came back without him.. lol. Never forget: truth is stranger than fiction.

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » March 14th, 2006, 10:57 pm

Let me guess, you respect cowards who post anonymous messages on the internet?

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 15th, 2006, 6:52 am

This is one of the dumbest thread topics ive ever seen. "You dont respect mexicans who dont speak aztec" in fact i take that back it is the dumbest.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 15th, 2006, 9:24 am

Why not? At this point the majority Mexican blood in most Mexican cities is mostly Spanish over native

Plus you're assuming that Aztecs are the only other ancestor of Mexicans, there were plenty of other tribes, one I really remember was one of the Navajo tribes.

Now by refuting both the Spanish and the Navajo and only acknowledging Aztecs... isn't that a little racist? :idea:

And from people I know who go to Mexico a lot, I here teh few really, really Native people there (no Spanish in them) are discriminated. As in there are only a few.

P.S. No, I don't in any way condone this discrimination, Natives are teh most persecuted in teh "New World" and I think there is not nearly enough attention given to them... in general, even among minorities, the majority wins, which is why even though heavily persecuted, blacks were the minority to get civil rights, and basically took the NAACP from most other racial groups.

(If you don't believe me look it up, the NAACP was originally mostly Jewish run)

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 15th, 2006, 9:45 am

blacks were at the forefront of the civil rights movement. Thats why they got civil rights along with every other group. Native Americans, even though they live in worse conditions than most or segregated from society, unlike other minorities. White females are the majority minority, they recieve most of the benefits of "civil rights".

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » March 15th, 2006, 10:07 am

Old Shatterhand wrote:Oh I'm not hating on anyone. I'm just pointing out that it is easy for people groups to idolize past ways of life that weren't all that great. The truth is life was a whole lot harder in the ancient past for the vast majority. I bet if we put him in a time machine and sent him back to Aztlan with nothing but the clothes on his back we'd find claw marks on the outside of the machine when it came back without him.. lol. Never forget: truth is stranger than fiction.
You mean like the "white" pride inbreds who tattoo swastikas, lightning bolts, and salute the nazi flag...knowing that they would be gassed under hitler's rule? Or how about the numerous other vicious european tyrants who slaughtered their subjects for the smallest infraction? Pathetic that any euro-american would show pride in his ancestry.....

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » March 15th, 2006, 10:13 am

End Violence NOW wrote:
Ancient Tribes of America wrote:
Why not? At this point the majority Mexican blood in most Mexican cities is mostly Spanish over native
I disagree with that. Most Mexicans are mestizo and look more Native. True Spaniards are white as chalk and do not view Mexicans as their own kind. Just the facts....

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 15th, 2006, 10:19 am

Rollin_inmy_SixFo wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:
I disagree with that. Most Mexicans are mestizo and look more Native. True Spaniards are white as chalk and do not view Mexicans as their own kind. Just the facts....
What cities in Mexico have you been too? Just wondering.... each place in Mexico is different, especially int he rural areas in Mexicali like Villa Trinidad - middle of nowhere farming places.

Alot of Mexicans are "white as chalk"

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 15th, 2006, 10:24 am

Rollin_inmy_SixFo wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:
Most Mexican in Mexico discriminate Natives. Just the facts...

I know, the MeCha people here would trip over how they treat the real "Aztecas" in most of Mexico. (Tijuana and other border-cities don't really count)

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 15th, 2006, 10:32 am

I've been throughout the chiapas state in mexico and the mexicans are not white as chalk. They are mestizo leaning more towards native. I think you've seen too many LA chicanos.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » March 15th, 2006, 11:08 am

perongregory wrote:blacks were at the forefront of the civil rights movement. Thats why they got civil rights along with every other group. Native Americans, even though they live in worse conditions than most or segregated from society, unlike other minorities. White females are the majority minority, they recieve most of the benefits of "civil rights".
Don't forget the homosexuals. They want special treatment based solely on their sexual preference.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Matthew) 24:37-41 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; And they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 15th, 2006, 11:17 am

perongregory wrote:I've been throughout the chiapas state in mexico and the mexicans are not white as chalk. They are mestizo leaning more towards native. I think you've seen too many LA chicanos.
I went through Mexicali and then around Mexico City... I guess I have a different idea of "native" because I lived originally around Navajos in Arizona.

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » March 15th, 2006, 4:14 pm

End Violence NOW wrote:
Rollin_inmy_SixFo wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:

What cities in Mexico have you been too? Just wondering.... each place in Mexico is different, especially int he rural areas in Mexicali like Villa Trinidad - middle of nowhere farming places.

I have never been to Mexico. My family is all Mexican American. I have lived around Mexicans all of my life and have rarely seen any that could be classified as "white" or Spanish. Again, the majority are mixed but of course there are variations in skin color.

Yes, Native Americans in Mexico are discriminated against. I was the one who pointed that out to everybody in an earlier post. I think that's super ignorant being that 90% of the population is mixed. ? It's like here in the U.S. you have fair haired whites in Utah who discriminate and ridicule other whites who have dark hair. ? Goes on everywhere....

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 15th, 2006, 6:37 pm

Rollin_inmy_SixFo wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:
Rollin_inmy_SixFo wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:

I have never been to Mexico. My family is all Mexican American. I have lived around Mexicans all of my life and have rarely seen any that could be classified as "white" or Spanish. Again, the majority are mixed but of course there are variations in skin color.

Yes, Native Americans in Mexico are discriminated against. I was the one who pointed that out to everybody in an earlier post. I think that's super ignorant being that 90% of the population is mixed. ? It's like here in the U.S. you have fair haired whites in Utah who discriminate and ridicule other whites who have dark hair. ? Goes on everywhere....

Hmm...... I wonder what was deleted from the previous post... could it be?

End Violence NOW wrote:
perongregory wrote:I've been throughout the chiapas state in mexico and the mexicans are not white as chalk. They are mestizo leaning more towards native. I think you've seen too many LA chicanos.
I went through Mexicali and then around Mexico City... I guess I have a different idea of "native" because I lived originally around Navajos in Arizona.
But just to respect you as a human being I will give you a benefit of the doubt.. maybe someone else was using your account or who knows?

So anyways:
It's like here in the U.S. you have fair haired whites in Utah who discriminate and ridicule other whites who have dark hair. ?
dang that crazy, when was this???
Honestly, outside of Hitler being against Russians and other black/brown haired people (which made absolutely no sense being that he was black/brown haired) I have never heard of this in my life... can I get more info?

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » March 15th, 2006, 8:34 pm

There are plenty of white Mexicans out there, whites actually represent 10% of Mexicos total poulation. Are you trying to tell me you have never met a white chicano in California, get real there are plenty of white Mexicans around.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 15th, 2006, 9:21 pm

^that's what I'm trying to tell them

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » March 15th, 2006, 9:47 pm

Although theoretically possible that a group of peoples could have traveled across the Atlantic Ocean 2,600 years ago, such a journey would have been extremely unlikely to succeed. Even travel across the Atlantic 500 years ago, with much better technology, was extremely risky. Through numerous scientific studies, scientists have concluded that Native American populations are derived from Asian populations, who crossed the Bering land bridge during or near the end of the last ice age. Because of the vast amount of continental glaciers, sea levels were 300 feet lower than today, which created land bridges between many continents that are now isolated by ocean. However, much of the interior of the North American continent was still covered with glaciers, preventing migration from the West to the East at that time. The migrating population rapidly spread South along the West coast, reaching South America within a few hundred years or less. Once the continental and Bering Straight ice had melted by 10,000 years ago, return from the Americas to Asia would have been extremely difficult, with travelers having to cross the Bering Sea by boat, braving the Artic storms. Scientific studies examining the origin of Native Americans use several different genetic techniques. The fact that all the techniques lead to the same conclusions is extremely strong evidence that verifies the validity of the studies. These genetic studies can be classified into six major groups:

Y-chromosome
mtDNA (mitochondrial DNA)
Polymorphic Alu insertions
Retroviral DNA elements
Intestinal microbial flora
Domesticated animals

The number of studies and the diversity of techniques used to examine the origin of Native Americans provides overwhelming support that the ancestors of the Native Americans came from Asia. The finding that all five mtDNA haplogroups (A-D and X) and both Y-chromosome haplogroups (C and Q) are found in native populations that inhabit the Altai mountains in southwestern Siberia, suggest that those populations as the most likely ancestor of all Native American populations. The initial migration seems to have occurred between 20,000-15,000 years ago - before the emergence of the prehistoric Clovis sites (13,350-12,895 year ago) in North America. Because an interior route through northern North America was unavailable for human passage until 12,550 years ago (after the last glacial maximum) these ancestral groups must have used a coastal route to reach South America by 14,675 years ago (the date of the Monte Verde site in southern Chile). The initial migration brought mtDNA haplogroups A-D and Y-chromosome haplogroups P-M45a and Q-242/Q-M3 to the New World. A second expansion brought mtDNA haplogroup X and NRY haplogroups P-M45b, C-M130, and R1a1-M17 to North and Central America. Finally, populations that formerly inhabited Beringia expanded into northern North America, giving rise to Eskimo-Aleuts and Na-Dene Indians and eventually all other American populations. Now Whitey showed up in the form of Vikings around 11th century but didn't make it. In 1492, Whitey showed up again in the person of Columbus and this time he made it and intermixed with the local population; however, DNA studies show a 99.6% absence of any genetic heritage outside of known indigenous Native American haplogroups with the .4% representing genetic markers introduced after the year 1492.

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » March 15th, 2006, 10:39 pm

DC wrote:There are plenty of white Mexicans out there, whites actually represent 10% of Mexicos total poulation. Are you trying to tell me you have never met a white chicano in California, get real there are plenty of white Mexicans around.
What are you illiterate? Go back and read my posts--that's if you know how to read.

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » March 16th, 2006, 3:31 am

Hey Rollininmy64,
No I am not illiterate and yes I have re-read your posts regarding white Mexicans, you state that most Mexicans are Meztizo and look more native, yes I agree with that, white Mexicans are only 10% of Mexicos population. What I dont agree with is....
Are you saying you have never met a white Mexican/Chicano in LA, you also said that true Spanairds are white as chalk and do not see Mexicans as there own kind, of course they don't see Mexicans as there own kind they are worlds appart, true Spanairds from Spain are generally very narrow minded people who view anyone from South America as different people including white Mexicans.

Daniel

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 16th, 2006, 6:09 am

lol i just realized I misread the quoting in my last post... I seee... that's why lol

dang too many boxes...

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » March 16th, 2006, 7:09 am

Sentenza wrote:
You said you are black. So which african language do you speak? Or Asian?

And by the way.... I am German with ancient german acnestors, but i dont speak their language and i also do not pray to Odin or Thor.
Times change and so does culture.
I mean which black guy in here does speak an african language?
Its cool if someone can speak Nahuatl but its not i must i think.

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”