I Cant Respect Mexicans Who Can't Speak Aztec

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 16th, 2006, 7:34 am

Plus, who's being faker...
Someone who never stepped foot on Africa but rejects his current land to speak a language he never heard in life?
Or someone that doesn't try to put up and image or identity but accepts themselves as they are?

But these forums have been an enightening tool for me to organize my thoughts

With that,

asante ndugu wa kunyonya

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 16th, 2006, 8:34 am

who are we? What are we? We are what we make ourselves, unless you are saying that society dictates who we truly are. So if someone wants to speak Swahili instead of English, they are not being disingenous to their self.

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » March 16th, 2006, 6:24 pm

DC wrote:Hey Rollininmy64,
No I am not illiterate and yes I have re-read your posts regarding white Mexicans, you state that most Mexicans are Meztizo and look more native, yes I agree with that, white Mexicans are only 10% of Mexicos population. What I dont agree with is....
I have never been to Mexico. My family is all Mexican American. I have lived around Mexicans all of my life and have rarely seen any that could be classified as "white" or Spanish. Again, the majority are mixed but of course there are variations in skin color.
Are you saying you have never met a white Mexican/Chicano in LA, you also said that true Spanairds are white as chalk and do not see Mexicans as there own kind, of course they don't see Mexicans as there own kind they are worlds appart, true Spanairds from Spain are generally very narrow minded people who view anyone from South America as different people including white Mexicans.

Daniel
OK one more time. I ROLLIN INMY SIXFO, HAVE RARELY SEEN ANY MEXICANS THAT COULD BE CLASSIFIED AS PURE WHITE.

That doesn't mean I have NEVER seen any just that it is rare.

Don't really understand the other stuff you're saying. ?

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » March 16th, 2006, 6:54 pm

In reference to the true Spanairds, I was just stating that regardless of wether you are a white Latino or not they still view South Americans as different to them, they are very spiteful people the Spanish.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 16th, 2006, 8:25 pm

perongregory wrote:who are we? What are we? We are what we make ourselves, unless you are saying that society dictates who we truly are. So if someone wants to speak Swahili instead of English, they are not being disingenous to their self.
Society should definitely not make you who you are...

Experience should help you discover yourself... how you react to things and hindsight is 20/20... experience helps you discover who you are.

I don't like changing for anything but the reason of improvement.

For example, if someone wants to stop cussing, I can respect that type of change.

Other than that... it depends. If it's for enjoyment (you like learning languages) or for intellect or for business/personal relations or something either constructive or fun, sure why not.

But a lot of the time I see people learning Swahili for example to put on a facade, an image, a persona (in Jungian psychology) for others to "see them as something" or to "look African/revolutionary/whatever college movement"

And besides... Swahili isn't the majority language in Africa. And Afrikaan dialects are littered everywhere with English, German, Dutch, French, etc.

Very few old languages are intact and those are endless and scattered dialects.

Arabic was introduced from outside of Africa, so I don't see how getting an Arab name is "taking away your slave name" when Arabs are the first outsiders of Africa to enslave blacks.

Things like that make no sense to me.

P.S. Most "English/White" names are acutally Jewish in origin, i.e. the names of people in the Bible.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » March 17th, 2006, 10:11 am

True Kiswahili also has ALOT influence from other languages.
A lot of words were adapted from arabic and english.

But all in all africa has about 2500 languages, not counted the dialects.
So basically in some areas each village has its own language.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » March 18th, 2006, 10:17 am

SINCE THERE WERE MANY NATIVE LANGUAGES SPOKEN AND DIFFERENT INDIANS WHY DO MEXICANS CLAIM MEXICO AS AN AZTECK NATION?

AND SAY MEXICANS ARE DESCENDANTS OF AZTECKS?

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » March 18th, 2006, 8:46 pm

100 wrote:SINCE THERE WERE MANY NATIVE LANGUAGES SPOKEN AND DIFFERENT INDIANS WHY DO MEXICANS CLAIM MEXICO AS AN AZTECK NATION?

Enough of the ignorance. Before europeans came to America and drew up a few lines, there were 3 main ancient American civilizations. The Aztec civilization inhabited much of North America (which includes Mexico).

History
The term, Aztec, is a startlingly imprecise term to describe the culture that dominated the Valley of Mexico in the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries. Properly speaking, all the Nahua-speaking peoples in the Valley of Mexico were Aztecs, while the culture that dominated the area was a tribe of the Mexica (pronounced "me-shee-ka") called the Tenochca ("te-noch-ka"). At the time of the European conquest, they called themselves either "Tenochca" or "Toltec," which was the name assumed by the bearers of the Classic Mesoamerican culture. The earliest we know about the Mexica is that they migrated from the north into the Valley of Mexico as early as the twelfth century AD, well after the close of the Classic Period in Mesoamerica. They were a subject and abject people, forced to live on the worst lands in the valley. They adopted the cultural patterns (called Mixteca-Pueblo) that originated in the culture of Teotihuacán, so the urban culture they built in the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries is essentially a continuation of Teotihuacán culture.

As stated in the section on the Toltecs, the peoples of Mesoamerica distinguished between two types of people: the Toltec (which means "craftsman"), who continued Classic urban culture, and the Chichimec, or wild people, who settled Mesoamerica from the north. The Mexica were, then, originally Chichimec when they migrated into Mexico, but eventually became Toltecs proper.

The history of the Tenochca is among the best preserved of the Mesoamericans. They date the beginning of their history to 1168 and their origins to an island in the middle of a lake north of the Valley of Mexico. Their god, Huitzilopochtli, commanded them on a journey to the south and they arrived in the Valley of Mexico in 1248. According to their history, the Tenochca were originally peaceful, but their Chichimec ways, especially their practice of human sacrifice, revolted other peoples who banded together and crushed their tribe. In 1300, the Tenochcas became vassals of the town of Culhuacan; some escaped to settle on an island in the middle of the lake. The town they founded was Tenochtitlan, or "place of the Tenochcas."

http://www.wsu.edu/%7Edee/CIVAMRCA/AZTECS.HTM

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 18th, 2006, 9:03 pm

100 wrote:SINCE THERE WERE MANY NATIVE LANGUAGES SPOKEN AND DIFFERENT INDIANS WHY DO MEXICANS CLAIM MEXICO AS AN AZTECK NATION?

Rollin64, he was right on this one

SO ROLLIN, ENOUGH OF YOUR IGNORANCE, "AZTEC" WAS THE TOLTEC EMPIRE WHICH CONQUERED, EXPLOITED AND EVEN DEMANDED HUMAN SACRAFICES OF THE OTHER PEOPLES THEY CONQUERED

Cortes and the Conquistadors were able to use this to a significant advantage... the many other tribes were growing increasingly weary of the Aztec Empire's abuse and decided to rebel, or at the very least, lead the Spanish straight to the capital untouched and never helped the Aztecs.

100:
to answer your question, the Aztec empire was the strongest and largest empire just before the Spanish conquered them, so they look to history to find strong people in the region and select the empire to identify themselves as strong.

For example, LA has 2 teams the Clippers and the Lakers, but the Lakers originally came from Minneapolis, so why 4 years ago, were there so many Laker fans, but barely 1 Clipper fan?

Because people like to associate with the strong.

This is comparable with many African Americans who have not traced their roots or were unable to find records of where in Africa they came from, and yet choose empires and identities they find or hear about from Africa and assume that indentity, even when in reality it is just as likely that their ancestors were oppressed at one point by those same people.

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » March 18th, 2006, 10:08 pm

EVN - I'm just me... wrote:

SO ROLLIN, ENOUGH OF YOUR IGNORANCE, "AZTEC" WAS THE TOLTEC EMPIRE WHICH CONQUERED, EXPLOITED AND EVEN DEMANDED HUMAN SACRAFICES OF THE OTHER PEOPLES THEY CONQUERED

Cortes and the Conquistadors were able to use this to a significant advantage... the many other tribes were growing increasingly weary of the Aztec Empire's abuse and decided to rebel, or at the very least, lead the Spanish straight to the capital untouched and never helped the Aztecs.

100:
to answer your question, the Aztec empire was the strongest and largest empire just before the Spanish conquered them, so they look to history to find strong people in the region and select the empire to identify themselves as strong.

For example, LA has 2 teams the Clippers and the Lakers, but the Lakers originally came from Minneapolis, so why 4 years ago, were there so many Laker fans, but barely 1 Clipper fan?

This is comparable with many African Americans who have not traced their roots or were unable to find records of where in Africa they came from, and yet choose empires and identities they find or hear about from Africa and assume that indentity, even when in reality it is just as likely that their ancestors were oppressed at one point by those same people.
Do you have a nationality, race, or ethnic origins? Let's all try to keep it real for streetgangs.com. That's the 3rd time I've asked that question. Are you going to answer or stay in the closet?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 18th, 2006, 11:19 pm

^Sorry I forgot to respond to that part

But I answered that question about 15 times here

But again, I am 75% North Korean, and 25% South Korean with the slight possibility that my South Korean grandma is part Chinese tracing about 2000-3000 years back since her last name version of "Lee" has "Chinese characteristics" suggested in the form, and is similar to a group of Chinese who came to Korea during the above mentioned time.

My North Korean grandparents strain of North Korean seems to be closer to the original North Koreans which came from Mongolia by bone structure and hormone levels (ya I know that sounds weird but basically I forgot what it was called but it was something my family had.. remnant of the really old "barbarians" in Mongolia, like some sort of hunting instinct thing) and also in Arizona I was confused for a Navajo... who was squinting I suppose lol.

How do I know so much? My family on both sides happened to be really into bookkeeping and records and stuff. I actually have a book of name records which we are supposed to passs down and sign when we have kids and so on.

But that link is broken... my cousins and stuff got stuck in North Korea so they all starved to death... never met most of them and the closest survivors are like 3rd and 4th cousins no one I know has had the opportunity of meeting...

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 18th, 2006, 11:23 pm

lol did you say "stay in the closet?"
lol as if ethnicity was something to be ashamed of

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 19th, 2006, 2:13 am

The only accounts we have of the Aztecs sacrificing people come from Cortez...they're not exactly objective. And so waht if you identify with a group of your race they may have oppresed your particular group at one time. The purpose of identifying with that culture is because a whole other race fucked both of you, and you realize your tribal beef is nicks and dimes compared to the racial beef the real oppressor is bringing.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 19th, 2006, 4:11 am

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Are you serious???

The Aztecs themselves were the ones to talk to archaeologists about this, when they were helping them explore some ruins...

Now the remaining Aztecs sacrafice chickens instead, or so I last heard.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 19th, 2006, 4:14 am

I try not to put on any external identity or persona... I am jsut myself.

The only times I deviate are when I try to be "better" in a moral sense... because everyone knows humans are naturally jacked...

Other than that... whatever

P.S. DANGIT KOREA LOST TO JAPAN IN WBC!! :x :x ARGH!!! lol

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » March 19th, 2006, 4:15 am

If Mexicans are son ashamed of there Spanish ancestors why dont they drop there Spanish surnames and take on an Aztec name, seriously all this brown pride stuff goes too far, Mexicans should be just as proud of there Spanish roots as they are of there Aztec roots.

sicilian
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: I Cant Respect Mexicans Who Can't Speak Aztec

Unread post by sicilian » March 23rd, 2006, 2:37 am

Rollin_inmy_SixFo wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:
Ancient Tribes of America wrote:
Why not? At this point the majority Mexican blood in most Mexican cities is mostly Spanish over native
I disagree with that. Most Mexicans are mestizo and look more Native. True Spaniards are white as chalk and do not view Mexicans as their own kind. Just the facts....
Most spaniards are olive skinned and do not view mexicans or anglos as their kind. olive

sicilian
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by sicilian » March 23rd, 2006, 2:44 am

My grandpa was born in Latin America and his parents were not of Indian or Spanish descent. His parents came from the West Bank in Palestine and spoke fluent Arabic. You are all insane and dumb

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 23rd, 2006, 8:10 am

^ There's an Irish minoritiey in Mexico too, as well as various other non-Hispanic and non-Native and non-mestizo populations (Chinese in some parts)

In southern Mexico there are a bunch of Koreans, in fact two years ago there was a HUGE riots of Koreans because some racist sh*t happened there...

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » March 23rd, 2006, 8:53 am

I saw many asians in the Panama City ghetto when I went through there.

sicilian
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by sicilian » March 23rd, 2006, 8:53 am

EVN - I'm just me... wrote:^ There's an Irish minoritiey in Mexico too, as well as various other non-Hispanic and non-Native and non-mestizo populations (Chinese in some parts)

In southern Mexico there are a bunch of Koreans, in fact two years ago there was a HUGE riots of Koreans because some racist sh*t happened there...
wow I never knew there were koreans in latin america. But then again, latin america has everything. My grandpa is from latin america and is NOT AZTEC OR SPANISH. He is Palestinian because his parents immigrated to there from Palestine and spoke Arabic sometimes.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 23rd, 2006, 9:48 am

ya, and South America is really, really diverse

I know some Koreans from Argentina and one from Brazil, there's a lot of Koreans in Argentina and Brazil because of the Korean War.

A lot of Asians down there also because of WWII

It's easier to get a visa to South America than USA during that time

lol this guy helping me learn Spanish is Chinese and from Argentina too

I think there's Italians in Argentina and Brazil too right?

sicilian
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by sicilian » March 23rd, 2006, 10:06 am

EVN - I'm just me... wrote:ya, and South America is really, really diverse

I know some Koreans from Argentina and one from Brazil, there's a lot of Koreans in Argentina and Brazil because of the Korean War.

A lot of Asians down there also because of WWII

It's easier to get a visa to South America than USA during that time

lol this guy helping me learn Spanish is Chinese and from Argentina too

I think there's Italians in Argentina and Brazil too right?
Yes, my teacher is of full Italian descent and hes Argentine. I think that maybe there should be an olive or med category for race for people like me.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 23rd, 2006, 10:19 am

Honestly though, race is confusing mno matter how you look at it... either there are infinite categories, or one (human)

But I know what you mean. If I believed in full documentation I would say Mediterraneans are unique and Even many Egyptians are similar to the picture you posted earlier, but then many Egyptians also are black (Nubian) or other many things...

But then some Meds are really white but then with culture.... ?

The more you look at it, everyone is really their own culture, their own DNA.

Even identical twins are like this.

I recommend listening to digable planet's first CD, "reachin' (a new refutation of time and space)"
talks about how everyone is their own "planets" because time and space and all points of view are relative.

sicilian
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by sicilian » March 23rd, 2006, 10:24 am

EVN - I'm just me... wrote:Honestly though, race is confusing mno matter how you look at it... either there are infinite categories, or one (human)

But I know what you mean. If I believed in full documentation I would say Mediterraneans are unique and Even many Egyptians are similar to the picture you posted earlier, but then many Egyptians also are black (Nubian) or other many things...

But then some Meds are really white but then with culture.... ?

The more you look at it, everyone is really their own culture, their own DNA.

Even identical twins are like this.

I recommend listening to digable planet's first CD, "reachin' (a new refutation of time and space)"
talks about how everyone is their own "planets" because time and space and all points of view are relative.
My own culture is med, sicilian. Maybe because my ancestors came from the most southern you can be in europe I am that way.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » March 23rd, 2006, 4:28 pm

EVN - I'm just me... wrote:

100:

WELL AS FAR as thew african american comment theres no way to trace your roots to a specific tribe now there were so many and alot of the ethnic clans has changed and my ancestors were reminded where they were from, from various white groups(bad or good) as to the last few generations were reminded also... but african slaves for the most part comes from the coast of guniea.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » March 23rd, 2006, 4:33 pm

perongregory wrote:The only accounts we have of the Aztecs sacrificing people come from Cortez...they're not exactly objective. And so waht if you identify with a group of your race they may have oppresed your particular group at one time. The purpose of identifying with that culture is because a whole other race #%@& both of you, and you realize your tribal beef is nicks and dimes compared to the racial beef the real oppressor is bringing.
The Aztecs oppressed the other tribes so hard that they joined up forces with Cortez cause they hated the Aztecs with a passion.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » March 23rd, 2006, 4:53 pm

Sentenza wrote:
perongregory wrote:The only accounts we have of the Aztecs sacrificing people come from Cortez...they're not exactly objective. And so waht if you identify with a group of your race they may have oppresed your particular group at one time. The purpose of identifying with that culture is because a whole other race #%@& both of you, and you realize your tribal beef is nicks and dimes compared to the racial beef the real oppressor is bringing.
The Aztecs oppressed the other tribes so hard that they joined up forces with Cortez cause they hated the Aztecs with a passion.
hmm this kind of remind me of a documentary i saw hosted by a mexican woman whom said an indian woman rode along side of cotez to help defeat them why is this not discuss between mexicans or is it?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 23rd, 2006, 5:01 pm

Sentenza wrote:
Exactly what I was trying to tell him

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » March 23rd, 2006, 5:05 pm

100 wrote:
Sentenza wrote:
hmm this kind of remind me of a documentary i saw hosted by a mexican woman whom said an indian woman rode along side of cotez to help defeat them why is this not discuss between mexicans or is it?
You are tlking about Malinche i guess. She was serving him as a translator and concubine and is considered the mother of all Mestizos.

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: I Cant Respect Mexicans Who Can't Speak Aztec

Unread post by Individual » March 23rd, 2006, 5:08 pm

Dr. Gonzo wrote:
Ancient Tribes of America wrote:its sad... it doesn't seem right to not speak aztec instead of speaking spanish. i can't respect that...
You really are an idiot.

Their is NO AZTEC LANGUAGE! Aztecs spoke Nahuatl. And guess what Einstein? Nahuatl wasn't the only Native language spoken their prior to spanish conquest.
there was a aztec language

i might have not been spoken by aztecs but it was spoken by south western natives uto-aztecan..which i did research and are like cousins to aztecs

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 23rd, 2006, 5:30 pm

Sentenza wrote:
100 wrote:
Sentenza wrote:
You are tlking about Malinche i guess. She was serving him as a translator and concubine and is considered the mother of all Mestizos.
I mentioned this in a post a while back, either in this or the other thread

Her name is the root word for "malinchista"

Literally it just means you like "other" cultures and stuff but has a connotation of traitor/backstabber