delusional devils

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » March 25th, 2006, 11:25 am

blackmanofhonor wrote:
Old Shatterhand wrote:
blackmanofhonor wrote:
Old Shatterhand wrote:The vast majority of people in the USA are firmly against WP.

I agree there is misunderstanding and ignorance regarding Blacks on a perception level by many of these people. And also many of them don't know history well.

Hey, about your assertions that the majority of Black men in the USA are unemployed, how are you arriving at that conclusion? I ask because the Bureau of Labor, the department responsible for collecting and compiling those statistics are reporting http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm for February, 2006 that:

"Following a decline in January, the unemployment rate for adult men edged up to 4.2 percent in February. The jobless rates for the other major worker groups--adult women (4.3 percent), teenagers (15.4 percent), whites (4.1 percent), blacks (9.3 percent), and Hispanics (5.5 percent)--showed little or no change over the month. The unemployment rate for Asians was 3.2 percent, not seasonally adjusted. "

If you check the tables of Black unemployment from January 2005 - February 2006 on the same page Black unemployment is always under 10%. A signficant number to be certain but even if only Black men comprise that percentage (and they do not) then it would still be about 20% and that is nowhere near a majority.

Those are misleading stats,the United States spreads those on purpose.Most black men are unemployed nationwide.
So you are asserting then that the government of the United States of America is purposefully collecting and dissiminating false statistics in an institutionalized conspiracy to cover up a situation that is magnitudes worse as you assert?
Yes.

Ask ANY black person from anywhere and they will laugh at you if you say only 10% of black men are unemployed.
I'm not one that's big on conspiracy theories unless there is hard objective irrefutable evidence to support them. Most conspiracy theories are a product of imagination. And the statistics show that 17% of Black men in Wisconsin who want a job can't find one. That's bad enough imo. No need to pump it up.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » March 25th, 2006, 11:29 am

blackmanofhonor wrote:
Old Shatterhand wrote:
blackmanofhonor wrote:
Old Shatterhand wrote:
Sentenza wrote:
realize the real lies wrote:
poverty is an attitude.
Not necessarily.
Some interesting webpages:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in ... ted_States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lowest-inc ... ted_States

I don't see Milwaukee County (e.g. City of Milwaukee, Wisconsin) on this list. That doesn't mean much imo though after looking at those median household incomes. I bet it's real tough in Buffalo County, South Dakota.

Contrast that with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highest-in ... ted_States the highest income counties in the USA. Marin County, CA is at the top of the pile but notice that Ozaukee County and Waukesha County in Wisconsin are ranked in there among the highest median household incomes in the nation.
The official unemployment stats for black men in Milwaukee is 59%.Id say its closer to 80%.Nearly every other black person from Milwaukee would agree.
Relatively low unemployment rates for Wisconsin mask deep and persistent pockets of unemployment among African American men from low income families. In Milwaukee the percentage of young African American workers who showed sustained unemployment for the entire three month period from January to March, 1990 was 41 percent, more than ten times the official Milwaukee area unemployment rate of 3.8 percent for March, 1990. When the U.S. Department of Labor's alternative measure for unemployment is calculated including discouraged workers plus one-half of the part-time labor force, the unemployment rate for young African American men in Milwaukee was estimated at 60 percent in First Quarter, 1990.
The vast majority of African American men in their early twenties who were employed were relegated to marginal, low-wage jobs for the duration of the 39 month period studied with most of the jobs in retail trades and the service industries. In 1990 only 885 of the 8,421 jobs held by men in the study population paid a living wage, and only 386 jobs paid a family wage.
Milwaukee had the highest black unemployment rate of the major cities surveyed in 2002 by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The bureau also found that 59% of Milwaukee's black males 16 and older were idle, and that the city's black unemployment rate was more than three times its white unemployment rate.

I have already posted this before,but you all seem eager to completely ignore what I post and then bitch about me ''saying the same thing over and over.

http://www2.jsonline.com/news/gen/dec04/280965.asp

[/img]
I don't see how that journal source statistics present an accurate picture. The state of Wisconsin's published legislature statistics for 2000 at http://www.legis.state.wi.us/lrb/bb/03bb/145-146.pdf assert that:

"Following a decade marked by a strong economy and job growth, overall unemployment in Wisconsin was a relatively low 4.7% in 2000. Unemployment is defined for persons ages 16 years and over as being out of paid work but actively seeking employment in the civilian labor force. Men were more likely to be unemployed than women (5.1% vs. 4.2%). There also remains a troubling disparity in unemployment when the data are broken down by race. Unemployment rates were highest among Black men and women (17% and 14%), a lingering consequence of lower educational achievement among Blacks, a serious “mismatch” between the residential location and availability of jobs and discrimination in hiring. As with all demographic phenomena, unemployment rates vary considerably across the state (Fig. 46). The lowest rates of total unemployment in 2000 were in Calumet and Ozaukee Counties (2.2% each). These counties also had the lowest unemployment rates for men and women. Overall, 16 counties had less than 3% unemployment for women, and 6 counties had under 3% unemployment for men. The county with the highest rate of unemployment was Menominee County (16.5%). Four other counties had unemployment rates over 8% – Iron (8.9%), Bayfield (8.5%), Jackson (8.3%), and Ashland (8.1%). Menominee, Iron, Bayfield, and Jackson each had unemployment rates greater than 10% among men. Only one county had an unemployment rate of over 10% among women (Menominee, 16%). Women in three other counties had unemployment rates over 6.5% – Adams (7.9%), Bayfield (6.7%) and Milwaukee (6.7%)."

The 2004 published statistics for the 2005-2006 session by the state legislature at http://www.legis.state.wi.us/lrb/bb/05bb/680-690.pdf assert that:

"Labor Force — An average of about 2,919,200 workers were employed in Wisconsin in 2004. Another 152,000 were part of the available work force but were unemployed, resulting in an average unemployment rate of 4.9% for 2004. Since 1970, Wisconsin’s labor force has increased by over 1.1 million workers from 1,941,700 to 3,071,200 in 2004. Based on January figures, the state’s highest unemployment rate for that period occurred in 1983 when it reached 11.7%."

Now the journal article you selected is talking about Black men older than 16 who are not employed or in the labor market. Subtract out all the full time students, stay at home dads, those retired, those on disability, etc... not to mention those working under the table and you'll find the balance is materially less than what that author is asserting and more in line with both the US Census Bureau and the state of Wisconsin legislature statistics.

Furthermore, they cite as their source the US Census Bureau. As stated, http://www.bls.gov/cps/home.htm that site shows the numbers as lining up much closer to the state of Wisconsin legislature statistics.

So other than a single article that appears to be prejudiced in its presentation, I'm not seeing objective evidence for your position. I won't doubt your subjective statement about everyone you know being unemployed. Short of going to Milwaukee County and doing real primary research, how could I?

The statistics do show a significantly higher percentage of Black unemployed males, yes there is a problem, but it does not extrapolate to your assertions as far as I can see. I don't see any evidence for a government cover up either. Just the facts.
Youre too ignorant to ever understand.At least 70% of the black male population here is unemployed,and its not happy stay home dads and students,its destroyed families,high poverty and high prison rates.
I feel the realness of your emotion on the issue. I believe you are serious. The statistics just don't back it up and I don't see the evidence for a government conspiracy. If I lived there I would put a team together and do real primary research with proper sampling and determine if your assertion is true that the government's statistics are all false. If it was, then I would publish the results. If not, then there would be no need. Right now, I'm inclined to believe the State and Federal government' statistics as the only thing I have opposing them is your word. I believe that you believe it though. No offense.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » March 25th, 2006, 11:47 am

Black male unemployment of 17% is HIGH! No doubt. That case is made and accepted. Next is raising awareness and putting together a plan that addresses the problem with real solutions. What real solutions do you propose? I believe it must be a multi-dimensional approach.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 25th, 2006, 11:50 am

viewtopic.php?p=160770#160770

thts why they dont have jobs. best fucking thread ever made by acmewhitebread, perfect timing too.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » March 25th, 2006, 12:09 pm

Se11, no offense intended, but we're having a relatively mature discussion here that may be slowly going somewhere. There are plenty of other threads to emotionally express yourself in. A little courtesy please? Thank you.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » March 25th, 2006, 7:06 pm

Well, I heard BMOH got banned. So I guess that's it for the discussion. I was working on a solution to Black male unemployment on the state level for Wisconsin. The plan was modular and managable. The first module consisted of raising awareness and I had a very innovative idea to do this developing using the media. The module after that, in its most basic form, proposed forming an association of Black working men that ascribed (each member signing off on agreeing to be held accountable to by their association) a set of professional and personal values. It went much deeper on the organizational side and a lawyer would need to be consulted but the gist is an association that sets a standard for the development and continuation of necessary professional and personal values needed to be successful in life and the workplace. Accountability would be a part of membership. If done correctly, and in line with module one, then prospective employers could feel positive and comfortable about hiring these men knowing they were accountable and adhered to a standard of professioal and ethical ethos. Spin offs such as networking and business development would also be a result. What you think so far?

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 25th, 2006, 10:23 pm

se11 wrote:viewtopic.php?p=160770#160770

thts why they dont have jobs. best #%@&#%@ thread ever made by acmewhitebread, perfect timing too.
here's a solution. stop worrying about who's in your parking space and start worrying about how to go to college.

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » March 26th, 2006, 4:07 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Thats it, stop trying being hero's and beating up weak guys who are half your size and then go bragging about how you are Gangsta, start reading books and put your mind too use.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » March 26th, 2006, 11:04 am

Most Black people are not running around beating folks out of their cars. Some are but most are not. For the ones that are not and are unemployed, finding solutions so they can build good structure in the Black communities in which they live leads to better neighborhoods and better people. Seeing this done in the Black community is definitely in everyone's interests including non-Blacks. More people acting and living right. Fewer people in prison saving taxpayer's money. More people paying taxes. There are many reasons why it is important to focus on workable solutions rather than just scream profanities at them like a white ape throwing poo at those different than them on a forum because they watched a video of an ignorant fool who didn't get trashed because the guy he attacked was not properly prepared. Now if you'll kindly excuse me, I'm going to church. Peace.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » March 27th, 2006, 1:55 pm

Buffalo County is part of an Indian Reservation. Most of those poorer SD counties are.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » March 27th, 2006, 5:13 pm

Silencioso wrote:Buffalo County is part of an Indian Reservation. Most of those poorer SD counties are.
I figured that.