immigration.......

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 705
Joined: October 7th, 2005, 1:57 am
Location: compton

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » April 8th, 2006, 3:00 am

TySuave....looks like you ran outta shit to say loc, now u tryin to insult me.....you's a bitch, i'm a grown ass man myself...i do what the f**k i want and i aint broke u wannabe pimp. Talkin about black girls dont make as much money as white and mexican girls??? tell us why TySuave since u a pimp
I know this is a immigration thread but its under race and ethnicity so holla at us on that lets see what kinda shit u know

C-Raided
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: January 22nd, 2006, 11:05 pm

Unread post by C-Raided » April 8th, 2006, 3:01 am

I aint mad at the Latinos for protesting! I admire their unity. I really think blacks need to utilize the unity of the Latinos and unite with them under one cause. That cause being"WE'RE BOTH GETTING SHITTED ON BY THE GOVERNMENT AND THE WHITE MAN". We need to ryde with the mexicans and say fuck this shit! The day when the BLACK and BROWN get together it will be the day America will have to listen!

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 705
Joined: October 7th, 2005, 1:57 am
Location: compton

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » April 8th, 2006, 3:10 am

thats what im saying C-raided but bitchmade niggas like TySuave aint tryin to hear this....i'm about unity, i dont care what race u are, if your not down then f**k you!!
I didnt mean to spit no venom at asians but imagine if mexicans, blacks AND asians would unite here in the U.S.???? But alot of asians think they are better then other minorities cuz they go to college so much....they need to realize people live their life different. If it wasn't for blacks and the civil rights movement asians wouldnt even be accepted into college on such high levels as they are. Try telling them this and they wont even listen. They dont wanna stand up with anyone and thats a damn shame!!

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by perongregory » April 8th, 2006, 4:48 pm

I know shit be getting wild in LA between black and brown, but I always remember when I was younger and things were cool, and mexicans were my brothers. Because of that i aint never gonna hate on Mexicans or they struggle, thats why I'm down with the protests. Plus they're similarities with other minority struggles there. Even the Irish supporting them (yes they are some illegal Irish in this country). Asians my brothers too, I just wish they didn't judge on the scale that they did. Cause when a brown dissess a black we look at him and say you poor to, and live in the ghetto, and get dissed on also fool, vice versa when a black dissess a brown. But Asians, and mainly East Asians (cause I see the south east asians being more hood, more akin to mexicans and blacks) they on some other shit in all aspects, and I don't know maybe this irks other minorities. Whatever, peace to all of you.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 8th, 2006, 5:00 pm

Hm.... this topic really opens up a can of worms on "what Asians in America are like"

This issue is so complex even if we had 100 pages we might no be finished.....

I'll get in my own observations and experiences later... but for now, how many other people here are Asian immigrants themselves? I know there should be a few...

O and say cities or general areas you see things.... Asians in Koreatown, Chinatown, and Long Beach are gonna be different from Asians in Upland, Chino, and Asians in Kansas are gonna be way out there in comparison

curiousdude06
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 164
Joined: February 9th, 2006, 11:36 am

Unread post by curiousdude06 » April 8th, 2006, 6:52 pm

Actually, IMO (I don't mean to presume how other races think), I think immigrants of latino/mexican descent have a lot in commonality with immigrants from asia. They both believe in the value of family and blood, and they also believe in hard work.

It's unfortunate that this issue of immigration has become such a hot button one, but anyone that's familiar with immigration issues and california history knows that it's always been very controversial and heated. I'm sure people are all too familiar with prop 187 and the way all those school kids walked out of school and all.

This is what happens when politicians are too afraid of alienating their constituents and losing their jobs by clamping down on illegal immigration. I think what we're seeing now is the result of people putting this issue aside for so long that it's just boiled over.

For most people, I think they do make the strict distinction that to come to the U.S. illegally is wrong. That most of the illegals are latino/mexican is besides the issue, unfortunately many are making it that way. I highly doubt that neo nazi boneheads would care as much if the people immigrating here both legally AND illegally were white caucasians from europe (from germany, ireland, etc.). But that's another issue. I would think that most people would feel that latino's/mexicans are hard workers and decent people, that is certainly more honorable than committing crimes or being a panhandler and harassing people. I know I do and many of my friends feel that way. But I think also that there comes a time when you have to say it's time to follow the rules and establish a secure border, not the least of which is preventing potential terrorists from slipping through. To forcibly send back 12 million illegals who have established their roots here is wrong IMO. As long as they are law abiding and have jobs and whatnot, then it's time for some amnesty program. But the time has come to crack down on illegal immigration.

curiousdude06
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 164
Joined: February 9th, 2006, 11:36 am

This isn't striclty a latino issue

Unread post by curiousdude06 » April 9th, 2006, 12:48 pm

For those thinking 'others' are not interested or apathetic, here ya go, read before casting judgement:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01011.html

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 9th, 2006, 3:52 pm

^ From the article
Koreans said they will march in Philadelphia and Los Angeles, banging traditional protest drums. Chinese said they will parade out of Chinatowns in San Francisco, New York, Chicago and Philadelphia, led by marchers wearing colorful dragon costumes. Haitians said they will be heard in Miami and New York, and Africans said they will be among the tens of thousands who will gather at the Washington Monument.
But as Latino grass-roots organizations made their case in news conferences and organized protests that drew hundreds of thousands, other immigrant groups said they feared being ignored.
Asian groups have become particularly concerned about immigration as the United States steps up its efforts to deport illegal Chinese and Korean immigrants. The Department of Homeland Security recently said that it is close to an agreement with China over the repatriation of about 39,000 Chinese immigrants. Korean activists said families have been torn apart when immigrant parents were deported while their American-born children remained in the United States.

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 705
Joined: October 7th, 2005, 1:57 am
Location: compton

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » April 9th, 2006, 5:58 pm

Thanks for the article EVN, it was very enlighting...i see people, especially asians are starting to see that these immigration policies will eventually be aimed at EVERY immigrant no matter what the nationality. They focuse on poor mexican farm workers, janitors and people like that for now. Because who's going to stand up for them? I'm not gonna be affected by any of these immigration laws at all. But if you let things go by little by little things get worse for everyone.
The Nazis first started by restricting rights to Jews, then they needed special permits ro run businesses...then deportation then ultimatley concentration camps and you know the rest. People stay quiet until its too late. People think they can trust their government but it is the people who are the government. Lets say they get rid of mexicans...Asians will be next, They are a largely immigrant community and it is them who'd pick up the slack after Latin americans would be forced out. Americans think they dont 'need' mexicans here. Do you think they 'need' asians?
Mexicans take up the cause for all immigrants...they brandish that mexican flag for over racism that is displayed by white politicians against the mexican immigrant community.
This idea that immigrants do not pay taxes is a lie, they generate large amounts of of money to the U.S. economy. THEY are the backbone of the U.S. economy wether people admit it or not. Things would be alot more expensive if it wasnt for cheaper mexican labor.
To those who do not support cheap labor and mexicans taking their jobs....simpley do this....dont buy cheaper products. Dont buy shit thats made in Mexico. China and Taiwan produce large amounts of cheaper goods that supply the american consumer. The more chepaer shit u buy the more companies will look for cheaper employees to keep the cost down.
I know exactly how it sounds when i advocate this....this is impossible to the normal US consumer. Everyone in their right minds looks to pay the cheaper price on an item they need.
People focus on how the mexican immigrant comes in and lower the wages everywhere they go....this is a MYTH!!! Companies lower wages, and american workers leave...setting up a vaccum for immigrants to come and fill.
Read your history, THE US GOVERNMET THEMSELVES opened up the doors to Mexico when it needed workers in the early 1900's....you want to know why? Because American companies began lowering wages to maximize profits. All the white workers left those jobs because of the ridiculous amounts of pay they were giving. After they had enough workers they started kicking them the f**k out.
All of these younger white people looking for employment began blaming mexicans for coming in and working for so cheap....they forgot that it was these companies that forced their white ancestor workers out in the first place. Companies and corporations love the idea of having alot of cheap mexican workers around even though the general public doesnt. Corporations have advocates on capitol hill paying large sums of money to keep serious immigration reform out of congress. Use the mexican then let the mexican take the blame. Corporate greed is the main enemy of the American people...Demand better pay, who cares if prices on goods go up you'll have more money to spend. Corporations want to maximize profits so that they keep the largest portion of profits they dont care about honest immigrants or about honest americans, both just trying to make a living.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 9th, 2006, 9:46 pm

I'll get back to this topic later but just to give credit where credit is due, curiousdude06 got that article

But it's very enlightening all the same.

I might actually go to the next L.A. Korean event, I'll look that up.

GWUN TWO
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 56
Joined: February 26th, 2004, 3:34 pm

Unread post by GWUN TWO » April 14th, 2006, 10:32 pm

streetsIswatchin wrote:I'm not trying to make this into a minority vs. minority thing...but asians never stand with ANY minority on ANY issue and this bugs me. Just because asian parents DEMAND their kids have the straightest A's in class doesnt mean anything. Asians dont live life the way other people do, they hardly party they aint never the life of any party....asians are brought up to be squares in life. Let them do their thing become doctors and whatever else they want...And just for the record i'm not some dumbass that dont know shit. I've been to school and i've seen asians there they keep to themselves dont have nothing to say on anything other then do their homework, Everyone else looks at them like they some freakish bookworms that only come here to take advantage of their America's school system. Yes even white people...but they dont ever have anything to say....they actually worship white people no matter what they have to say. Thats on them, i just wanted to point out that they dont seem to stand up for anything. They actually stand down and not be noticed.
Asians don't stand with other minorities? What the hell are you saying?? Then you bring up partying?? LOL you are a joke son. Do you remember something called the LA riots? Well even after the blacks broke into/burned down/robbed the stores in Koreatown, Koreans protested and demanded justice FOR Rodney King. Just look at this picture:

Image

You see that sign that says "Justice for King"


Asians dont party? I dont understand what the fuck this has to do with anything but have you ever seen Koreatown? That place is filled with clubs.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 14th, 2006, 10:38 pm

GWUN TWO wrote:Asians dont party? I dont understand what the fu-- this has to do with anything but have you ever seen Koreatown? That place is filled with clubs.
Seriously, we should take him lol

User avatar
Tyrant
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 547
Joined: March 13th, 2005, 9:56 pm
Location: C-Town

Unread post by Tyrant » April 15th, 2006, 12:50 am

Er I just read your statistics thing EVN and viets were the ones that usually stukc to their own race. Is it cause the length of time they have been in America is the least compared to all the other asian races?

streetsIswatchin: Not all asians come here rich. My dad is a Janitor right now and all his friends have jobs that aren't self made businesses. I agree with you about the shit where some asians siding with whites though. I see some asian couple that tries to tell their children whites = good and blakcs/hispanics = bad. Some racist fukcs that just need to shut their mouths. Worship white people? You're trippin. Only asians I know that worship white people are them sell out asian bitches who love the white dikc. If anything they rather compete with white people. I feel you on the shit about a lot of asians rather stand down than stand up and get noticed. Asian parents usually teach their children that it's important to save face in public so that's why they're all afraid when it comes to making a scene.

User avatar
Tyrant
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 547
Joined: March 13th, 2005, 9:56 pm
Location: C-Town

Unread post by Tyrant » April 15th, 2006, 12:52 am

Shit can't edit my posts.

I think a lot of asian bitches like white boys over asian guys because a lot of asian guys are lakcing in the 'game' section. That's just from the shit I've seen though.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 15th, 2006, 1:07 am

Slakcs n a Tshirt wrote:I feel you on the shit about a lot of asians rather stand down than stand up and get noticed. Asian parents usually teach their children that it's important to save face in public so that's why they're all afraid when it comes to making a scene.
Also, this isn't something great, Asian parents beat the sh*t out of their kids so a lot of Asians grow up kinda nervous when it comes to making a scene.

I know black people complain about extension cords and belts.... my parents used bat, really regreted signing up for baseball...

So the ones you see that always stand down were probably abused. Then they grow up and if they move to America and have kids, they try to be all extra-soft of their kids.

Then those kids grow up to be the "squares" people here talk about.

But for the ones that got abused, some of them start off trying not to hit their kids, then end up doing even worse than what their parents did, and they end up violent and their kids end of violent or super-stand-downish

This is all of course assuming no faith/rebirth under God.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 15th, 2006, 1:12 am

Slakcs n a Tshirt wrote:Er I just read your statistics thing EVN and viets were the ones that usually stukc to their own race. Is it cause the length of time they have been in America is the least compared to all the other asian races?
not sure why... most Viets I know really go out of their way to get other Viets... I mean even contact their old hometown/island just to see who moved where. I think it's like that before they go to America.

Plus more Koreans are moving in right now, and well... vietnam... you know.
I see some asian couple that tries to tell their children whites = good and blakcs/hispanics = bad. Some racist #%@& that just need to shut their mouths. Worship white people? You're trippin. Only asians I know that worship white people are them sell out asian women who love the white dikc. If anything they rather compete with white people.

All very true.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 15th, 2006, 1:12 am

Slakcs n a Tshirt wrote:I think a lot of asian women like white boys over asian guys because a lot of asian guys are lakcing in the 'game' section. That's just from the shit I've seen though.
.... *sigh* :oops:

sadly yes..... anyone have advice? hahaha

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by perongregory » April 15th, 2006, 6:33 am

I don't know about that game shit. In the universities the white acting asians be smashin white chicks.

East Asians tend to be the Asians that fit what some of us were saying about Asians on this board, but I don't really see it with Southeast Asians. But in the 70's and 80's, Asians really got down for their rights and other minorities' rights. They marched, protested, came together as a community all this shit. What happened? Don't see that shit too much anymore. I see East Asians acting like whites in their competition to to stand over them, I see them talking shit about southeast Asians, also blacks and latinos, i don't know. The only thing i can say is Koreans were always an anomaly when it came to this situation. Every Korean I've knew, was loyal, loved their people, stuck with their people (almost to the extent you thought they hated your guts), down for their shit, and had some bad ass tempers (weren't the docile Asian you think of).

User avatar
Tyrant
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 547
Joined: March 13th, 2005, 9:56 pm
Location: C-Town

Unread post by Tyrant » April 15th, 2006, 10:31 am

perongregory wrote:I don't know about that game shit. In the universities the white acting asians be smashin white chicks.

East Asians tend to be the Asians that fit what some of us were saying about Asians on this board, but I don't really see it with Southeast Asians. But in the 70's and 80's, Asians really got down for their rights and other minorities' rights. They marched, protested, came together as a community all this shit. What happened? Don't see that shit too much anymore. I see East Asians acting like whites in their competition to to stand over them, I see them talking shit about southeast Asians, also blacks and latinos, i don't know. The only thing i can say is Koreans were always an anomaly when it came to this situation. Every Korean I've knew, was loyal, loved their people, stuck with their people (almost to the extent you thought they hated your guts), down for their shit, and had some bad ass tempers (weren't the docile Asian you think of).
Where are viets placed in when people talk about east asians and southeast asians? by geography viets are southeast but by skin color they're east

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 713
Joined: January 18th, 2006, 1:50 pm

Unread post by useless_person » April 15th, 2006, 12:37 pm

Ok, so this means that if I want to immigrate to the USA, I will have to go back where I came from because I haven't been here for more than two years?!?!

Or it just maybe for illigal, not legal immigration...

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 15th, 2006, 1:45 pm

perongregory wrote:I don't know about that game shit. In the universities the white acting asians be smashin white chicks.

East Asians tend to be the Asians that fit what some of us were saying about Asians on this board, but I don't really see it with Southeast Asians. But in the 70's and 80's, Asians really got down for their rights and other minorities' rights. They marched, protested, came together as a community all this shit. What happened? Don't see that shit too much anymore. I see East Asians acting like whites in their competition to to stand over them, I see them talking shit about southeast Asians, also blacks and latinos, i don't know. The only thing i can say is Koreans were always an anomaly when it came to this situation. Every Korean I've knew, was loyal, loved their people, stuck with their people (almost to the extent you thought they hated your guts), down for their shit, and had some bad ass tempers (weren't the docile Asian you think of).
Good definition of Koreans there. :D

I think that there aren't as many Asian marches and demonstrations and stuff because for the most part most Asians are comfortable now that most have found a niche and there is less discrimination against us than in the past.

Also, LA Riots really didn't help... after that is mostly when a lot of people got really uncomfortable for the most part.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 15th, 2006, 1:48 pm

Slakcs n a Tshirt wrote:Where are viets placed in when people talk about east asians and southeast asians? by geography viets are southeast but by skin color they're east
They could go either way.

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 705
Joined: October 7th, 2005, 1:57 am
Location: compton

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » April 16th, 2006, 5:27 am

GWUN TWO....you must not be from LA, anyone who knows anything about LA and who has lived here would see what that picture really is. I remember those times very well. Koreans and Korean-owned stores took the brunt of black rage/looting/burning. What that protest really is....is Koreans and other asians protesting the looting and burning of their stores. If they didnt have some kind of pro-rodney king affiliation then it would be an anti-black rally. Koreans protesting the Rodney King verdict? dont fool yourself patna.
Those double-agenda themes signs contradict themselves, how can you hold up a "rebuild Koreatown" sign ANDDD a "justice for rodney king" sign in the same protest. You either agree with the riots and sympathize with Blacks destroying your businesses or you dont.
You can protest to whites and the government about the beating of rodney king, but you cant protest to whites and the government about blacks burning and looting YOUR stores and your community. Those Koreans are just trying to lay as low as possible and not confront any one in particular for what happened to them. And i do seriously think that what happened to them in the riots was totally messed up. They didnt deserve that. I dont see white people running stores and serving the black community like asians do.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 16th, 2006, 1:42 pm

streetsIswatchin wrote:Those double-agenda themes signs contradict themselves, how can you hold up a "rebuild Koreatown" sign ANDDD a "justice for rodney king" sign in the same protest. You either agree with the riots and sympathize with Blacks destroying your businesses or you dont.
You can protest to whites and the government about the beating of rodney king, but you cant protest to whites and the government about blacks burning and looting YOUR stores and your community. Those Koreans are just trying to lay as low as possible and not confront any one in particular for what happened to them. And i do seriously think that what happened to them in the riots was totally messed up. They didnt deserve that. I dont see white people running stores and serving the black community like asians do.
That's a problem in logic. Two things don't contradict each other... you should know since you think that evolution and creation don't contradict each other. With that same standard:

You can be against all injustice. The Rodney King beating was injustic. The burning of random stores was injustice. So, these people were against both.

Also, if Rodney King had gotten justice buy the officers receiving their due punishment, then no one would have burned anything. So if he gets justice then no ones store is burned down.

Agree with teh last part though


MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 16th, 2006, 5:32 pm

Great article!
Forty-eight percent of the nation's 34 million foreign-born immigrants come from Asia, Africa, the Middle East and countries such as Canada, with the remainder coming from Latin America, according to the Census Bureau.

But of the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants, fully 78 percent come from Latin America, according to the Pew Hispanic Center. The next largest undocumented population comes from Asia, with 13 percent.
That sent shivers through communities of Middle Eastern immigrants, who already feel scrutinized since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

"That's part of the reason why our community hasn't rushed out to protest," said Sabiha Khan, spokeswoman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations in Southern California. "They are afraid of what will happen to them with immigration reform."
"If we just look at the Latino community coming out, we are missing the bigger picture," said Eun-Sook Lee, director of the National Korean American Service and Education Consortium.

That hasn't persuaded J. Park, a 17-year-old illegal immigrant from Korea, to join the movement. He fears authorities could learn about his immigration status if he demonstrates.

"I don't want that to be known," said Park, who asked that his full name not be used. "Going back to Korea is not an option."
LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know that kid lol

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2247
Joined: October 12th, 2004, 9:48 pm
Location: NYC

Unread post by se11 » April 16th, 2006, 6:38 pm

carlos mencia made a great point on immigration. if you want to show how much you love america and want to be here, dont wave a mexican flag.

User avatar
Tyrant
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 547
Joined: March 13th, 2005, 9:56 pm
Location: C-Town

Unread post by Tyrant » April 16th, 2006, 7:40 pm

EVN - I'm just me... wrote:Great article!
Forty-eight percent of the nation's 34 million foreign-born immigrants come from Asia, Africa, the Middle East and countries such as Canada, with the remainder coming from Latin America, according to the Census Bureau.

But of the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants, fully 78 percent come from Latin America, according to the Pew Hispanic Center. The next largest undocumented population comes from Asia, with 13 percent.
That sent shivers through communities of Middle Eastern immigrants, who already feel scrutinized since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

"That's part of the reason why our community hasn't rushed out to protest," said Sabiha Khan, spokeswoman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations in Southern California. "They are afraid of what will happen to them with immigration reform."
"If we just look at the Latino community coming out, we are missing the bigger picture," said Eun-Sook Lee, director of the National Korean American Service and Education Consortium.

That hasn't persuaded J. Park, a 17-year-old illegal immigrant from Korea, to join the movement. He fears authorities could learn about his immigration status if he demonstrates.

"I don't want that to be known," said Park, who asked that his full name not be used. "Going back to Korea is not an option."
LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know that kid lol
I never knew korean people had the last name Park.

I agree with Se11 why wave a mexican flag. It seems like most of the mexican kids are doing it for their mexican pride and not the actual immigrants. Atleast that's how I see it at my school.

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 705
Joined: October 7th, 2005, 1:57 am
Location: compton

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » April 16th, 2006, 9:14 pm

Carlos Mencia huh, hahaha....funny that your agreeing with a comedian, but your right i also agree with that. Why wave the mexican flag...i didnt understand it myself. But he's also right about people waving that flag but actually arent from Mexico and hold no allegiance to mexico at all. They wave that flag because they know that mexicans are the ones who people turn to when illegal immigration is being discussed.
EVN, so you think the protest was over injustice in general. Well when you have something to protest you have to take it to the source, you have to take a stand. The very act of a protest is to take a stand against something, you cant half-step. If you do, no one will listen......

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 16th, 2006, 9:22 pm

The source of injustice is the corrupt human soul and sinful nature..... I don't know how they would physically confront that

about the flag, the more recent protests they had everyone waving American flags and only a fwe Mexican ones

GWUN TWO
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 56
Joined: February 26th, 2004, 3:34 pm

Unread post by GWUN TWO » April 16th, 2006, 10:16 pm

streetsIswatchin wrote:GWUN TWO....you must not be from LA, anyone who knows anything about LA and who has lived here would see what that picture really is. I remember those times very well. Koreans and Korean-owned stores took the brunt of black rage/looting/burning. What that protest really is....is Koreans and other asians protesting the looting and burning of their stores. If they didnt have some kind of pro-rodney king affiliation then it would be an anti-black rally. Koreans protesting the Rodney King verdict? dont fool yourself patna.
Those double-agenda themes signs contradict themselves, how can you hold up a "rebuild Koreatown" sign ANDDD a "justice for rodney king" sign in the same protest. You either agree with the riots and sympathize with Blacks destroying your businesses or you dont.
You can protest to whites and the government about the beating of rodney king, but you cant protest to whites and the government about blacks burning and looting YOUR stores and your community. Those Koreans are just trying to lay as low as possible and not confront any one in particular for what happened to them. And i do seriously think that what happened to them in the riots was totally messed up. They didnt deserve that. I dont see white people running stores and serving the black community like asians do.
I am from LA but I lived in Korea during the LA riots. I certainly don't have the first hand experience you have, so what you say may be right, but I don't agree with it.

How would protesting the looting of Korean owned stores be an anti-black rally? It says "Rebuild Koreatown" which is directed towards the government, because they were the ones that let this happen. Nowhere does it say anything about the rioters. Of course the Koreans are angry towards the rioters, but what happened was in the past, having an anti-black rally was not going to rebuild Koreatown. By the way, I heard there were more mexican rioters than blacks, so I guess it would be a anti-mexican rally huh :wink:

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 16th, 2006, 11:39 pm

GWUN TWO wrote: By the way, I heard there were more mexican rioters than blacks, so I guess it would be a anti-mexican rally huh :wink:
A lot of people overlook that fact.

Post Reply

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”